• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Ms. C

Art's Facebook is back up!
Official screen-print

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 15, 2015, 02:01:56 PM
Is that your take? If so that's too bad...but, I'm able to read through the responses rather quickly and head over to another AMA...

It could see another bump as a result of the facebook plug. Even still, it's wildly successful already. Plus it will only continue to get reads as people come across it in google.

pyewacket

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 15, 2015, 01:11:34 PM
Wonderful New that Art is back up on Facebook ... However, Art needs to have his page converted to a Public Figure and "Verified", then merge his existing page into the newly created Public Figure page.  He will probably need help with this, also at the same time his Facebook page needs to be "locked down" securely (profile, privacy settings, notifications and such.

I totally agree! Art can take more control over his page this way.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 15, 2015, 02:17:26 PM
It could see another bump as a result of the facebook plug. Even still, it's wildly successful already. Plus it will only continue to get reads as people come across it in google.

Notice, Arts AMA is STILL on the front page and it's blowing my mind.

No Quarter

Quick! Get it while you can during Amazon's Prime Day! You have about 2 hrs 15 minutes to take advantage of this awesome deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A39MPNI?ref_=gb1h_img_m-6_6222_9231d4a9&smid=AQAIDN8YDF665

lonevoice

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 15, 2015, 12:56:29 PM
Sir Ian McKellen is on Reddit IAMA now.  Not being a user of Reddit, I don't know how that will affect Art's up votes.
Aww. I love Sir Ian, thanks for the heads up.  I met him at an Oscar party for The Fellowship of the Ring back in the day.  He was as charming as you might imagine, and the best-looking man at the party was Ian’s date.  My best memory, though, was Richard Taylor who carried around his two Oscar awards (for best make-up and best visual effects) all night long.  He was like the world’s biggest nerd, but so cute, introducing himself by asking, “Wanna touch my Oscars?”  I told him it was the geekiest come on line I’d ever heard, but he was the only man in the world that could ever rightfully use it. 

Art’s still rocking and rolling on facebook and reddit, and all is right in the world again.  Can’t wait to know what radio show he’s going to be on Friday.   What a fun ride this continues to be - suck it, Dave Noorie!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 02:54:43 PM
Aww. I love Sir Ian, thanks for the heads up.  I met him at an Oscar party for The Fellowship of the Ring back in the day.  He was as charming as you might imagine, and the best-looking man at the party was Ian’s date.  My best memory, though, was Richard Taylor who carried around his two Oscar awards (for best make-up and best visual effects) all night long.  He was like the world’s biggest nerd, but so cute, introducing himself by asking, “Wanna touch my Oscars?”  I told him it was the geekiest come on line I’d ever heard, but he was the only man in the world that could ever rightfully use it. 

Art’s still rocking and rolling on facebook and reddit, and all is right in the world again.  Can’t wait to know what radio show he’s going to be on Friday.   What a fun ride this continues to be - suck it, Dave Noorie!

That's a wonderful story about Richard Taylor, I loved watching him in documentaries or other interviews. His enthusiasm and personality was electrifying. So sad he passed.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 15, 2015, 12:56:29 PM
Sir Ian McKellen is on Reddit IAMA now.  Not being a user of Reddit, I don't know how that will affect Art's up votes.

I was just reading it a moment ago. It's well worth a look and has some interesting answers. I never knew that he lived in the same road as Peter Wyngarde, a famous British actor from the 'seventies who was outed as gay and his career promptly went 'pop' overnight. Probably most famous to people as the man who played Klytus in Flash Gordon. A wonderfully fruity voice. But I prefer to think of him as the man who produced the most deliriously odd pop album in history. Shatner is nothing compared to this guy. Look it up on YouTube. Highlights include 'The Hippie and the Skinhead' and (unbelievably, no wonder it was pulled so soon after its release) 'Rape'.

No Quarter

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 15, 2015, 03:02:46 PM
I was just reading it a moment ago. It's well worth a look and has some interesting answers. I never knew that he lived in the same road as Peter Wyngarde, a famous British actor from the 'seventies who was outed as gay and his career promptly went 'pop' overnight. Probably most famous to people as the man who played Klytus in Flash Gordon. A wonderfully fruity voice. But I prefer to think of him as the man who produced the most deliriously odd pop album in history. Shatner is nothing compared to this guy. Look it up on YouTube. Highlights include 'The Hippie and the Skinhead' and (unbelievably, no wonder it was pulled so soon after its release) 'Rape'.

Peter Wyngarde also played #2 in the "Checkmate" episode of The Prisoner

chefist

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 02:54:43 PM
Aww. I love Sir Ian, thanks for the heads up.  I met him at an Oscar party for The Fellowship of the Ring back in the day. 

Any pics of you on the red carpet?  ;D

chefist

He's Out There!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on July 15, 2015, 03:25:16 PM
He's Out There!

At least he was able to access his account.

lonevoice

Quote from: chefist on July 15, 2015, 03:17:36 PM
Any pics of you on the red carpet?  ;D
Hahaha...no.  But I do have a pic of me with Richard Taylor, and I'm touching his Oscars.   ;D

chefist

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 03:33:47 PM
Hahaha...no.  But I do have a pic of me with Richard Taylor, and I'm touching his Oscars.   ;D

LOL...I think I rented that once!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 15, 2015, 02:44:25 PM

Notice, Arts AMA is STILL on the front page and it's blowing my mind.

It's blowing my mind too. It helped that Art scared the shit out of everyone with the John Lear comment. That's the kind of thing that gets people's attention.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 15, 2015, 03:51:31 PM
It's blowing my mind too. It helped that Art scared the shit out of everyone with the John Lear comment. That's the kind of thing that gets people's attention.

"Don't go towards the light, it's a trick". Once heard you never get it out of your head.

sydtron

According to an art bell fb fan site.  Her source. Pete Eberheardt,  has told that Arts show has SOLDOUT of its ad time for the first 4 WEEKS!  WOOOT!!!!!!!  Not quite sure who pete is. Or If he is doing the ad scheduling. But Great news!

Quote from: No Quarter on July 15, 2015, 03:14:47 PM
Peter Wyngarde also played #2 in the "Checkmate" episode of The Prisoner
Funny his name comes up. I am watching Department S (Interpol agents) at the moment. In the story, he always seemed a bit of a "dandy" and a bit "foppish". In the series he's a woman chaser... Go figure. Here he is in 1969 with a little more hair after being punched out by thugs:

chefist

Quote from: sydtron on July 15, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
According to an art bell fb fan site.  Her source. Pete Eberheardt,  has told that Arts show has SOLDOUT of its ad time for the first 4 WEEKS!  WOOOT!!!!!!!  Not quite sure who pete is. Or If he is doing the ad scheduling. But Great news!

Omg that's amazing! Selling out ad time BEFORE the show even airs! A great sign!

Other stations will take notice!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on July 15, 2015, 04:31:25 PM
Funny his name comes up. I am watching Department S (Interpol agents) at the moment. In the story, he always seemed a bit of a "dandy:" and a bit "foppish". In the series he's a woman chaser... Go figure. Here he is in 1969 with a little more hair after being punched out by thugs:

Yes, the contrast between skirt-chasing Jason King and Wyngarde could hardly be more marked. His album is truly startling, called 'When Sex Leers its Inquisitive Head'. He and the actor Alan Bates were lovers for a long time, apparently.

starrmtn001

This is a little "congratulation" post I put on Clyde Lewis' FB page along with the article about Art joining KXL. ;)

Hi Clyde.  How excited you must be now the Art Bell is on KLX!!!  With The Master now on board, those ratings are going to SKYROCKET!  Whoo-Hoo!!!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: lonevoice on July 15, 2015, 03:33:47 PM

I hope Liz didn't catch you!

chefist

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 15, 2015, 04:34:47 PM
This is a little "congratulation" post I put on Clyde Lewis' FB page along with the article about Art joining KXL. ;)

Hi Clyde.  How excited you must be now the Art Bell is on KLX!!!  With The Master now on board, those ratings are going to SKYROCKET!  Whoo-Hoo!!!
He he

VegasI15

Art great job on the AMA.  Summing it up in one word, Brilliant!  There is something that really piqued my interest however:

Quote from: Art BellJC is around, JC plans to call my show, JC is a member of my Facebook page which has currently been met with a dastardly fate....so yes in sum I will be hearing from JC.

So JC is hiding in plain sight...... ;D

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: No Quarter on July 15, 2015, 02:46:18 PM
Quick! Get it while you can during Amazon's Prime Day! You have about 2 hrs 15 minutes to take advantage of this awesome deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A39MPNI?ref_=gb1h_img_m-6_6222_9231d4a9&smid=AQAIDN8YDF665
OH BOY...THX!!!! I AM GONNA ORDER A FEW CASES OF THAT SHIT, ASAP...
N O T!!!

HumanBeing

My suspicions are intensifying  ;)

serenity

And this off of twitter from Clyde Lewis

serenity

Quote from: HumanBeing on July 15, 2015, 04:49:42 PM
My suspicions are intensifying  ;)

Dang you bet me by seconds lol

chefist

Quote from: serenity on July 15, 2015, 04:52:01 PM
He's on here in Tucson for just an hour before Coast... I hope that's the hour Art is on!  If not I'll find a stream..

HumanBeing

Quote from: serenity on July 15, 2015, 04:52:01 PM

8) Just shows that us BellGabbers are on the ball.

Prepare for a Friday night Art Bell appearance on Ground Zero.

I think Clyde's show is a disappointment though. Not because he is a bad host. He is decent. It is just the repetition of info every hour, due to other radio stations carrying his show at different times, gets rather annoying and kills the flow. Also it seems like there is a commercial every 5 minutes which disrupts the conversation. Plus, if you remove the 30 to 40 mins of music mash-ups from his commercial-less podcast, he puts up on soundcloud, the 3hr 15min average show time then becomes about a 2.5 hr show with lots of repetition.