• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:47:35 PM
im just saying there are literally now thousands of people clicking on that thread and seeing 'wow, art bell is going to be doing an ama here tomorrow' who otherwise would have totally missed his little, smallfont name on the side-bar.

i dunno why you want me to delete it just because there was a mistake in the facebook thing.

if you want, i will personally message everyone who asked a question on that thread because of the FB message and explain the situation to them JUST to avoid being thought of as a bad guy and if you guys still really want me to take it down i actually will but you should stop and actually consider because REDDITORS know the difference between an 'ama request'and a actual ama and its not confusing for them in the least, and they are the ones who are seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45ukFz-7_0

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:51:04 PM

This is why I said it would confuse people but it should be all good now.

yes dude, i saw all of those questions, they flooded into my inbox after the FB post was made. i immediately knew something like that had happened because i know somebody who found that post through reddit and not an outside source would know how reddit works lol.

like i said, im messaging them all, dont worry lol

also, i even put the edit up at the top of the screen in bold now, so the whole post is literally just an advertisement for the AMA now lol. i dont think its a bad thing at all lol considering its pretty high up on /r/iama's front page right now

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 03:40:26 PM
I didn't either.  I used to buy them when I was a kid.  Onion rings in a bag.  I wonder whether they taste the same now.

They haven't changed, at least since the 90's when I started eating them.

Jackstar

I just scrollwheel'd through the last ninety minutes of your lives and I'm totally not concerned about Reddit.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 03:58:07 PM
They haven't changed, at least since the 90's when I started eating them.
Guess I'll just have to buy a bag and see whether they taste the same as they did when I was a kid . . . IF, I can remember back that far lol! ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 03:59:16 PM
I just scrollwheel'd through the last ninety minutes of your lives and I'm totally not concerned about Reddit.
I'm still trying to figure out how to tie in my telegraph system.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 03:41:54 PM
We are, of course, in the process of weaponizing the funyuns.

Isn't it hilarious how one bella-haven conversation about making funyons with a 3d printer snowballed into an advertising contact for Art? You can't make this stuff up.

starrmtn001

Was that YOU buzzing through my room???  Sorry I smacked you with the fly swatter.  Who knew??? ;D

Lilith

same/same

Jackstar

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 04:03:01 PM
Was that YOU buzzing through my room???  Sorry I smacked you with the fly swatter.  Who knew??? ;D

Wasn't me, doll, I got out without a blemish.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 04:02:51 PM
Isn't it hilarious how one bella-haven conversation about making funyons with a 3d printer snowballed into an advertising contact for Art? You can't make this stuff up.
Tommy's on the phone to Frito-Lay looking to nail down Cheetos.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 04:04:26 PM
Wasn't me, doll, I got out without a blemish.
Huh, oh well.  Hey!  Maybe it was gnooryblows.  The remains kinda smelled like a dave-bot lol

nbirnes

Quote from: bielek on July 13, 2015, 03:38:31 PM
Should be fun to watch the Redditors try to understand who Art Bell is and what Dark Matter will be. It'll also be fun watching the majority of AB fans try to understand Reddit.

This. I lurk on Reddit every day, but have no idea how to proceed here or what to do. Can we start fresh with some directions so that the entire firepower (heh) of Bellgab can make sure the AMA goes well?

1. What are the links that we go to, and when?
2. Is there prep-work needed before? (registration, make posts now, upvote stuff?)
3. If we should tweet/FB/etc.  -- when and what do we say? Promote links from #1?
4. Can the knowledgeable folk please call in to Bella-Haven tonight and help?

I have never really warmed up to AMAs because they seem so confusing. Is it suicide for Art to attempt this with a cel phone?

nbirnes

Shirley, you jest?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 13, 2015, 04:05:28 PM
Tommy's on the phone to Frito-Lay looking to nail down Cheetos.

Dave burned his bridges in the snack food advertising industry after he tried to take down Totino's in the pizza roll debacle.

gnooryblows

you didnt even see the messages i just had to write to about 10 n00b users, every single one of them with account that said it was created '1 hour ago' trying to expalin to them that im not art bell. honestly, its not my fault if people genuinely cant use reddit but i wouldnt want someone to end up hating art and have that be on me.

Jackstar

Quote from: nbirnes on July 13, 2015, 04:06:52 PM
make sure the AMA goes well?

I've never been interested enough to show up for one of these on time. I envision that it will go exactly like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3CCTgtGLpc

Lilith

This. I lurk on Reddit every day, but have no idea how to proceed here or what to do. Can we start fresh with some directions so that the entire firepower (heh) of Bellgab can make sure the AMA goes well?

2. Is there prep-work needed before? (registration, make posts now, upvote stuff?)
3. If we should tweet/FB/etc.  -- when and what do we say? Promote links from #1?

I have never really warmed up to AMAs because they seem so confusing. Is it suicide for Art to attempt this with a cel phone?

same/same/same/same/same. Everything I wanted to know, but was afraid to ask......

Lilith

For sure, there are parts of BellGab that are better than the best fiction ...... lol's

phrodo

Quote from: LadyFish on July 13, 2015, 11:48:35 AM

I just saw that Art's AMA was officially placed on the sidebar AMA schedule!

When I clicked Art's name, it linked to his Wikipedia page. There is no mention of Art's July 20 return with Midnight in the Desert!

If there are any Bellgabbers that know how to update Wikipedia pages, please update Arts.

Thanks!

I edited it about a half hour ago - included the new info in the first paragraph - as factually as possible - in the part where it mentions his various shows' histories. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

RoseGirl

Wait, wait, wait....am I hearing this right? Our discussion in Bella-Haven scored Art a Funyun contract?

Is THAT the big news?

starrmtn001

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

you didnt even see the messages i just had to write to about 10 n00b users, every single one of them with account that said it was created '1 hour ago' trying to expalin to them that im not art bell. honestly, its not my fault if people genuinely cant use reddit but i wouldnt want someone to end up hating art and have that be on me.
Oh, you have the best honed trolling skills I've seen in a while.  You assert the presumption that we think "you're all that."  We see right through you.  You're not all that.  You're a weenie.

Lilith

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 04:24:34 PM
Wait, wait, wait....am I hearing this right? Our discussion in Bella-Haven scored Art a Funyun contract?

Is THAT the big news?

Thats IT, thats It  ;D  Better than reddit, or rode it any day IMO.   Mwahahahaha

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 04:24:34 PM

Is THAT the big news?

It's not Art's big news, this just happened today. After the conversation the funyons became a meme on the board, Chine drew a cartoon of aliens and a ghost eating funyons and tweeted it, Funyons saw it, loved it and retweeted it and contacted Chine asking for Art's contact details.

1. Art will post on his facebook when the official IAmA link is up prior to going live, around 6PM EDT tomorrow, and we'll post it here and elsewhere to signal boost.
2. Bellgab/Facebook users should create a reddit account now (you don't even need an email to sign up) so they can upvote/downvote and ask questions.
3. Promote the time that Art's AMA goes live (6:30PM EDT, 14/7/15) now and post the link when it's up tomorrow.
4. We'll see.

I would hope that Art uses something other than his iPhone throughout the AMA. Lots of typing involved!

gnooryblows

i cant call into bellhaven or whatever but i am a hardcore redditor, if you have questions i am happy to try to answer them. tomorrow, around 6:30PM EST you want to go to www.reddit.com/r/iama. you want to find arts thread where he says something along the lines of 'hello reddit, i am art bell, late night radio host, ask me anything' (hopefully he will come up with a more catchy headline than that) and simply ask him anything you want.

you do need to register for a reddit account, which is absurdly easy, takes about 30 seconds, and doesnt even require an email address. its more navigating the interface and understanding the formatting systems that people have problems with on reddit.

nothing is stopping anybody form tweeting or promoting it outside of reddit but if you want to promote it from within reddit, you want to click on the little 'up-arrow' next to arts thread. this will increase his visibility on the site. if art gets enough upvotes, his thread could end up on the front page of the site, which is significant because reddit gets over 160 million unique views monthly. this may or may not happen but either way upvoting the content is going to be beneficial to him if thats what you want.

and if you hate art bell, you downvote him into oblivion.

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 04:27:39 PM
Yeah, after the conversation the funyons became a meme on the board, Chine drew a cartoon of aliens and a ghost eating funyons and tweeted it, Funyons saw it and retweeted it and contacted Chine asking for Art's contact details.

You mean to tell me that because I didn't know what the hell was a funyun and then Chefist explained how to make them in a 3D printer.....because of that....Art is making money????

God is laughing at me...I can just feel it.

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Yeah, except for the one that was created two years ago. You know, the way to get people to use Reddit for Art's AMA is not to insult them right out of the gate. But thanks for the heads up.

bateman

Is there a link to the AMA yet, or does it not go up until 6:30?