• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MAX on July 13, 2015, 03:03:31 PM

They did take a toll although I wasn't really concerned about who much "weight" I carried. Ipad mini  plus fat fingers are my excuse.

I stand corrected. Just me being a smartass.  ;)

Quote from: Art Bell on July 13, 2015, 02:41:31 PM
Ok folks I made a FB posting asking people to up arrow me.

Art

Art, you need to be a little more specific about "up arrows" for us Luddites, lest something like this occur:

gnooryblows

yo, to anyone who is posting on that AMA request thread on reddit. thats not the AMA. its not going to do any good to post to or upvote that thread. that thread was created before it was announced art would be doing an AMA there and it was only a request i made to him / the mods / everyone that it be allowed to happen.

reddit is goddamn confusing, i understand that, THAT is not the thread you want to upvote though. tomorrow when his AMA thread goes live, THATS the thread you want to ask questions on and upvote, which will increase its visibility.

edit : i mean its not like its going to hurt him if you upvote that thread because technically getting your name out there is getting your name out there, but the important one is the one that gets created tomorrow so if you want to upvote one and ask a question, make sure its on that one.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:23:28 PM
yo, to anyone who is posting on that AMA request thread on reddit. thats not the AMA. its not going to do any good to post to or upvote that thread. that thread was created before it was announced art would be doing an AMA there and it was only a request i made to him / the mods / everyone that it be allowed to happen.

reddit is goddamn confusing, i understand that, THAT is not the thread you want to upvote though. tomorrow when his AMA thread goes live, THATS the thread you want to ask questions on and upvote, which will increase its visibility.

At this point, it'd be really helpful if you either edited that post to reflect this message or outright delete it. There's been a lot of mixed messages that has confused people and we are trying to keep things simple and streamlined.

Chine

Art. I pmed you but asking here. Funyuns responded and re tweeted with their fans my Alien, Ghost with Funyuns cartoon.  in private messages with them and they want an email for you to give their PR dept to reach out to you.

Robin

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:23:28 PM
edit : i mean its not like its going to hurt him if you upvote that thread because technically getting your name out there is getting your name out there, but the important one is the one that gets created tomorrow so if you want to upvote one and ask a question, make sure its on that one.

No dude. It is going to hurt things. It's going too confuse way too many people. There are going to be thousands of people going to reddit from facebook for the first time who have no clue that your post isn't where they should ask their question. They will ask their question and then be upset when it never gets answered. So again, DO NOT TELL PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR POST.
If you need upvotes, post a cat picture.

RoseGirl

Is there BIG NEWS yet? Did I miss the big news???

damn funyuns

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:28:21 PM

At this point, it'd be really helpful if you either edited that post to reflect this message or outright delete it. There's been a lot of mixed messages that has confused people and we are trying to keep things simple and streamlined.

yes it was already edited, but its not creating any confusion to any redditor that sees it other than the FB post that was made.

ItsOver

I didn't even know Funyuns were still around.  Hearing Art plug Funyuns would be a lot more enjoyable than hearing amateur ads for Carnivora.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:32:53 PM

No dude. It is going to hurt things. It's going too confuse way too many people. There are going to be thousands of people going to reddit from facebook for the first time who have no clue that your post isn't where they should ask their question. They will ask their question and then be upset when it never gets answered. So again, DO NOT TELL PEOPLE TO GO TO YOUR POST.
Hey Rossy! ;D   Is that gnooryblows a dave-bot?  He kinda smells like one.

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:32:53 PM

dude are you serious? i didnt 'tell anybody to go to my post'. i cant help art made a FB post about. reddit is confusing to non-redditors. but if you dont bring outsiders in from facebook then its just redditors that see the post, which is how the site is supposed to be used. and redditors know exactly what that post is and means.

so no, its not confusing or going to hurt things, go take a cool bath bro

Lilith

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:28:21 PM

Indeed!!!! There's an old saying "Keep it simple stupid"   I know I'm old and somewhat stupid, so from what I have read about reddit so far here at bellgab, I feel like staying as far away from the place as I can lol's.  I looked at the home page nbirnes posted, and didn't see a single topic I wanted to click on to be honest anyway  :o

bielek

Should be fun to watch the Redditors try to understand who Art Bell is and what Dark Matter will be. It'll also be fun watching the majority of AB fans try to understand Reddit.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:36:17 PM

yes it was already edited, but its not creating any confusion to any redditor that sees it other than the FB post that was made.

Last time ill ask, because I can see that it's fruitless.

There will be THOUSANDS of Facebook people going to reddit for the FIRST time and searching for Art Bell and posting on your thread or upvoting it simply because they think your post is the official AMA, this will cause confusion and disappointment.

gnooryblows

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 03:37:33 PM
Hey Rossy! ;D   Is that gnooryblows a dave-bot?  He kinda smells like one.

omg yeah ok fuck this place goodbye again

Art should post tomorrow's AMA link to his facebook, twitter, website, and here after it's posted (thirty minutes prior to going live) to avoid any confusion. Asking for upvotes is fine but he's directed his followers to the AMA request threads, which won't do anything now. He's already on the schedule, after all.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on July 13, 2015, 03:36:20 PM
I didn't even know Funyuns were still around.  Hearing Art plug Funyuns would be a lot more enjoyable than hearing amateur ads for Carnivora.
I didn't either.  I used to buy them when I was a kid.  Onion rings in a bag.  I wonder whether they taste the same now.

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:38:37 PM

Last time ill ask, because I can see that it's fruitless.

There will be THOUSANDS of Facebook people going to reddit for the FIRST time and searching for Art Bell and posting on your thread or upvoting it simply because they think your post is the official AMA, this will cause confusion and disappointment.

dude you need to chill art already deleted that facebook and made another one stating that that wasnt what was up.

what do you want me to do. its not my fault if people dont know how to use reddit.

RoseGirl

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 03:40:26 PM
I didn't either.  I used to buy them when I was a kid.  Onion rings in a bag.  I wonder whether they taste the same now.

We are, of course, in the process of weaponizing the funyuns.

mrswizard

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:39:14 PM

omg yeah ok fuck this place goodbye again

Thank You Jesus!

rca

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on July 13, 2015, 03:40:18 PM
Art should post tomorrow's AMA link to his facebook, twitter, website, and here after it's posted (thirty minutes prior to going live) to avoid any confusion. Asking for upvotes is fine but he's directed his followers to the AMA request threads, which won't do anything now. He's already on the schedule, after all.

He should definitely promote this AMA on his facebook tonight and right before it starts tomorrow as well. Twitter too. The more supporters the better exposure.

gnooryblows

saucyrossy be real. he deleted his fb. now, if YOU PERSONALLY REEEEEEAAALY want me to delete that AMA request thread, i will. but think about it first. because right now there is just a little box on the right hand sidebar on the screen that says 'art bell' on the calendar. very discreet. doesnt grab your eye. but my thread is all voted up to the front page of /r/iama which has 8.6 million subscribers.

soooooo thats an awful lot more visibility and basically free advertizing for arts ama.

so why are you spazzing out telling me to delete it, i dunno

starrmtn001

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:40:36 PM

dude you need to chill art already deleted that facebook and made another one stating that that wasnt what was up.

what do you want me to do. its not my fault if people dont know how to use reddit.
And you're the Reddit Guru???  Back off bubba.  You're ASSistance is not required.

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 03:40:26 PM
I'm almost afraid to try.  ;)   I made the mistake of trying some Activia yogurt last night. Geesh, I think I inadvertently discovered the reverse of Colon Blow.  Up all night with the worst case of belching and stomach cramps I've ever had.  Be careful with that crap.

http://www.probiotics-lovethatbug.com/activia-yogurt-1.html

gnooryblows

im just saying there are literally now thousands of people clicking on that thread and seeing 'wow, art bell is going to be doing an ama here tomorrow' who otherwise would have totally missed his little, smallfont name on the side-bar.

i dunno why you want me to delete it just because there was a mistake in the facebook thing.

if you want, i will personally message everyone who asked a question on that thread because of the FB message and explain the situation to them JUST to avoid being thought of as a bad guy and if you guys still really want me to take it down i actually will but you should stop and actually consider because REDDITORS know the difference between an 'ama request'and a actual ama and its not confusing for them in the least, and they are the ones who are seeing it.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:43:11 PM
saucyrossy be real. he deleted his fb. now, if YOU PERSONALLY REEEEEEAAALY want me to delete that AMA request thread, i will. but think about it first. because right now there is just a little box on the right hand sidebar on the screen that says 'art bell' on the calendar. very discreet. doesnt grab your eye. but my thread is all voted up to the front page of /r/iama which has 8.6 million subscribers.

soooooo thats an awful lot more visibility and basically free advertizing for arts ama.

so why are you spazzing out telling me to delete it, i dunno

Nope you're right, don't delete it. I hadn't seen your edited post with you pointing to the correct place for the AMA.

What can be a huge help is tomorrow when the AMA is live you edit it to post a link to the AMA at the top of the post. I was simply trying to make things simple for all involved. I apologize.

gnooryblows

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 03:45:29 PM
And you're the Reddit Guru???  Back off bubba.  You're ASSistance is not required.

i dont offer my assistance bro, i posted the request thread there because i heard he was doing an AMA in /r/paranormal and i wanted to see it in /r/iama because its a much bigger sub and i thought it would make for a more interesting read.

but that said, why people want me to take down free and effective advertising, i dont understand. but again, i will do it if saucy says i should because he at least seems to understand reddit and how it works and i dont want to be a bad guy here.

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 03:48:02 PM

Nope you're right, don't delete it. I hadn't seen your edited post with you pointing to the correct place for the AMA.

What can be a huge help is tomorrow when the AMA is live you edit it to post a link to the AMA at the top of the post. I was simply trying to make things simple for all involved. I apologize.

ok dude. i will edit the post tomm again and i will even message everyone who asked a question on that thread to explain the situation to them if thats something you are worried about lol. just because i had an issue on this forum in the past and i dont want to have another one.

b_dubb

The BellGab server is creating an EM field that is making people butthurt. As near as I can tell. Maybe it's time to swap out the team of trained squirrels that power this server with a fresh set and upgrade the filament in the flux capacitor to vibranium? Just a thought.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 03:49:12 PM

i dont offer my assistance bro, i posted the request thread there because i heard he was doing an AMA in /r/paranormal and i wanted to see it in /r/iama because its a much bigger sub and i thought it would make for a more interesting read.

but that said, why people want me to take down free and effective advertising, i dont understand. but again, i will do it if saucy says i should because he at least seems to understand reddit and how it works and i dont want to be a bad guy here.

This is why I said it would confuse people but it should be all good now.