• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

There are slots available before the 20th on /r/IAmA so I suggest Art does it there. To not burn the Paranormal subreddit mods after setting this up, perhaps you can just have them link the official thread in a sticky and direct their 70k users for Art's Q&A. Hell, Keith can make an account and help answer the technical questions if need be. Schedule below:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=amaverify%40gmail.com

lasertron

yeah, this needs to be in /r/iama. I would think Art had more than enough notoriety for that.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 12, 2015, 11:19:47 PM

this is a major mistake. im a reddit user and /r/paranormal has about 70k subscribers. /r/iama (reddits real ama forum) has over 8 million. why in all hell wouldnt this get set up in the actual ama forum (who would gladly allow him to do so) where it will potentially reach 8 million users (more if it makes it to the front page of reddit).

everyone in /r/paranormal is already going to know about arts return.

art if you get a chance, you should remedy this because you are blowing a major chance to reach out to some potential new listeners and reddits real ama forum truly is a great forum for publicity thats why even hollywood a list actors use it.

whomever set this up is daft

Woah, calm down. I contacted the AMA mods and didn't hear back from them. He could always do another AMA there when I do hear from them.

lasertron

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 12, 2015, 11:31:36 PM

Woah, calm down. I contacted the AMA mods and didn't hear back from them. He could always do another AMA there when I do hear from them.

oh ok

Heather Wade

Quote from: Firstborn on July 12, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
I'de rather see Art & George go at it

This is pure hilarity. 

phrodo

Quote from: WOTR on July 12, 2015, 11:27:47 PM
Thank goodness' that somebody's, doing their part: to make the world a safer place. ;D

Thank goodnes's sumebody agree's witph me. Us woold hates to bea taken four ignoratn flakes that cnat' splel wurds riht.  :o

Jocko Johnson

JUST AS A REMINDER FOLKS...GNS! THANK YOU, THAT IS ALL.

Zenman

Quote from: ASC on July 12, 2015, 10:53:11 PM
this is a big deal, thanks for helping set this up.

This is! And indeed, thank you Rossy.

Art, you are a truly a brave man! You welcome assault in territory where many fear even to venture. I admire you even more than before. Perhaps someday Zenman will have such huevos!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Firstborn on July 12, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
I'de rather see Art & George go at it

I almost had a stroke when I noticed the tattoos. Classic.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: lasertron on July 12, 2015, 11:29:59 PM
yeah, this needs to be in /r/iama. I would think Art had more than enough notoriety for that.

Ok, here's the low down.

I have messages out to the AMA mods asking about Art doing an AMA on their subreddit but I haven't heard anything back. I was afraid that we wouldn't hear anything back in time before the show.

So instead of people being a bit insulting. Please let's come together and help make this happen on the IAMA reddit. The mods of paranormal have already agreed that if IAMA gets back to me in time they will move the AMA over to there and not be offended.

So let's all work together on this.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 12, 2015, 11:41:09 PM

Ok, here's the low down.

I have messages out to the AMA mods asking about Art doing an AMA on their subreddit but I haven't heard anything back. I was afraid that we wouldn't hear anything back in time before the show.

So instead of people being a bit insulting. Please let's come together and help make this happen on the IAMA reddit. The mods of paranormal have already agreed that if IAMA gets back to me in time they will move the AMA over to there and not be offended.

I'll help in the subreddits, for sure Rossy.

Where is a list of upcoming guests for Midnight in the Desert? On Artbell.com it still shows the old Dark Matter guest schedule. Thanks.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 13, 2015, 12:03:43 AM
Where is a list of upcoming guests for Midnight in the Desert? On Artbell.com it still shows the old Dark Matter guest schedule. Thanks.

I imagine it hasn't been updated for a reason. Thanks.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 12:04:58 AM

Keep reading Linda and GIS will be on. Where did this info come from?

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 12, 2015, 11:41:09 PM

Ok, here's the low down.

dude im not trying to piss you off sorry if im rude but ama in /r/paranormal accomplishes literally nothing from a marketing standpoint.

shit, its not my show, i shouldnt even care, other than that im invested in that i want the show to rock and be successful because i want to be able to listen and enjoy it.

Zenman

7 DAYS      19 HOURS!   

BellaCast tonite 12AM Kalifornika Time!    ON AIR SHORTLY!
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/

Hosts: nbirnes & RoseGirl

Possible Topics Include:
   THE BLITZ
   BIG NEWS TOMORROW - Rumor & Speculation
   Art's AMA on Reddit is ON!  (Tuesday tentatively?)
   And more...!

Plus: CALL-INS: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
Welcome to Call the Bella Line at: 215 488-7374

Come join the rumor and speculation!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 12:09:32 AM

dude im not trying to piss you off sorry if im rude but ama in /r/paranormal accomplishes literally nothing from a marketing standpoint.

shit, its not my show, i shouldnt even care, other than that im invested in that i want the show to rock and be successful because i want to be able to listen and enjoy it.

You're not pissing me off.

What you're doing though is typing here when you could be helping to contact the IAMA reddit mods and finding out how we set this up. I've tried, you try, one of us is bound to get a response. Either one of us does then we make it happen. Art is good to go either way.

And as I've previously stated, the paranormal mods are completely ok with us moving this to the IAMA sub, they will not be upset at all. They also are huge fans and want what's best for the show.

I want what's best for the show, let's make this happen. Help me out.

phrodo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 12:04:58 AM

Yep - IIRC Art posted that guests wouldn't be announced until right before the show .. for obvious reasons. And for those with short memories -- so C2C doesn't revert to their usual tricks of poaching/banning/threats/stupidity etc.

gnooryblows

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 12:26:06 AM

You're not pissing me off.

What you're doing though is typing here when you could be helping to contact the IAMA reddit mods and finding out how we set this up. I've tried, you try, one of us is bound to get a response. Either one of us does then we make it happen. Art is good to go either way.

And as I've previously stated, the paranormal mods are completely ok with us moving this to the IAMA sub, they will not be upset at all. They also are huge fans and want what's best for the show.

I want what's best for the show, let's make this happen. Help me out.

ok, i didnt want to go over your head but i was going to do that. i'll send them an email too if you think i should.

Quote from: phrodo on July 13, 2015, 12:29:13 AM
Yep - IIRC Art posted that guests wouldn't be announced until right before the show .. for obvious reasons. And for those with short memories -- so C2C doesn't revert to their usual tricks of poaching/banning/threats/stupidity etc.
I could hardly forget. C2C still does it with other shows like Late Night in the Midlands. I was just wondering were the ones I've heard about being on mentioned here by Art?

gnooryblows

Quote from: Daggit on July 13, 2015, 12:28:19 AM
I take it you've come back here to apologize to Art for the following libelous comments you have made about him.

I can't believe you would show your face here again you cretin.

fuck you asshole

ok, here, right here on the art bell thread.

art, if you read this, lets just clear the air right here.

i listened to you when i was a kid and couldnt sleep. i come from a hardcore religious background. you were the scary the guy who talked about 'devil things' on the radio late at night. you gave me nightmares, hundreds of them, literally. you were painted as the devil to me. i went to a catholic church. i was around 'JCish' people the whole first half of my life. you were considered the devil. an awful, evil, horrible man, sorry, thats how some christians think of you.

fast forward like 16 years or whatever and i look up your name on the internet to see what happened to you. i see that you retired, all that shit, i also see some articles on some websites saying that you killed your wife (which are now removed).

sorry. im sure thats a tough tough subject, and i would never bring it up except that this faggot with the username 'daggit' stalks me around this site and brings this up EVER _ SINGLE _ TIME _ I _ POST and claims ive libelled you. well, he doesnt care about the libel, he just cares about the trolling but its got to be dealt with at this point due to him and his actions.

anyhow, moving on, with my perception of you as the evil guy who talked about demons and demonic possessions and all of this stuff that was totally off limits to me as a child and was considered total taboo, i never thought twice and never questioned it. i also saw some posts about it another time on some other websites like www.godlikeproductions.com

heres just a random thread, maybe it was the one i saw, maybe it wasnt
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1273933/pg1

anyhow, when DM started i came on the site and i made some comment about it not even thinking about it because its just what i had learned and never questioned. i got into a discussion about it at one point on this site and i had stated that i thought you killed your wife. i stated very clearly that i dont know you, dont know anything about you or what happened. that its not an accusation, that i just thought it was a weird situation and i thought that due to an article i had read elsewhere on the web. im sure you know what article im talking about because the author of said article wrote that you had threatened to sue him.

that was like almost 2 years ago now. now that ive listened to your show as an adult and took some time to actually stop and question that as an adult and recognize that you are a human being and probably not the satan spawn that the catholics made you out to be, i think its a silly thing to have said. youve got to understand its just something i heard and had read about you and never stopped to question.

i truly hope you dont threaten to sue me as mr. daggit here likes to claim you are going to do HOWEVER i honestly cant imagine that any court would hold up a decision against somebody just innocently reciting what he had already read on the internet especially when they were clear to state they had no idea what happened (thus making it not an accusation).

ive told him 100 times and there are posts in my history where i say over and over again i do not believe that such a thing happened and that i had only said it in the first place because its what i had read in some article on the internet somewhere. he goes on and on about it in the interest of creating drama.

i would submit a genuine apology to you but i would not give this faggot piece of shit 'daggit' the satisfaction considering he is the one who has been dragging this up EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I POST for the last year or so. and believe me, i have no desire to bring this up but he's pretty much left me no choice if he is here claiming i have libeled you (accusing me of a crime = actual libel) on your own thread where you will surely see it.

phrodo

If either of you had an iota of common sense you would delete your stupid posts.

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on July 13, 2015, 12:54:18 AM
If either of you had an iota of common sense you would delete your stupid posts.
WURD!

gnooryblows

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 12:57:00 AM
WURD!

yo, its really not something i want to bring up or discuss but if this piece of shit is going to follow me around and accuse me of libel right in front of the guy he claims im libeling i have to explain the situation. dont look at me, look at him.

i honestly have no idea why somebody would want to drag something like that on unless they are just sheer sadistic pieces of shit.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 12:50:18 AM

fuck you asshole

ok, here, right here on the art bell thread.

art, if you read this, lets just clear the air right here.

i listened to you when i was a kid and couldnt sleep. i come from a hardcore religious background. you were the scary the guy who talked about 'devil things' on the radio late at night. you gave me nightmares, hundreds of them, literally. you were painted as the devil to me. i went to a catholic church. i was around 'JCish' people the whole first half of my life. you were considered the devil. an awful, evil, horrible man, sorry, thats how some christians think of you.

fast forward like 16 years or whatever and i look up your name on the internet to see what happened to you. i see that you retired, all that shit, i also see some articles on some websites saying that you killed your wife (which are now removed).

sorry. im sure thats a tough tough subject, and i would never bring it up except that this faggot with the username 'daggit' stalks me around this site and brings this up EVER _ SINGLE _ TIME _ I _ POST and claims ive libelled you. well, he doesnt care about the libel, he just cares about the trolling but its got to be dealt with at this point due to him and his actions.

anyhow, moving on, with my perception of you as the evil guy who talked about demons and demonic possessions and all of this stuff that was totally off limits to me as a child and was considered total taboo, i never thought twice and never questioned it. i also saw some posts about it another time on some other websites like www.godlikeproductions.com

heres just a random thread, maybe it was the one i saw, maybe it wasnt
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1273933/pg1

anyhow, when DM started i came on the site and i made some comment about it not even thinking about it because its just what i had learned and never questioned. i got into a discussion about it at one point on this site and i had stated that i thought you killed your wife. i stated very clearly that i dont know you, dont know anything about you or what happened. that its not an accusation, that i just thought it was a weird situation and i thought that due to an article i had read elsewhere on the web. im sure you know what article im talking about because the author of said article wrote that you had threatened to sue him.

that was like almost 2 years ago now. now that ive listened to your show as an adult and took some time to actually stop and question that as an adult and recognize that you are a human being and probably not the satan spawn that the catholics made you out to be, i think its a silly thing to have said. youve got to understand its just something i heard and had read about you and never stopped to question.

i truly hope you dont threaten to sue me as mr. daggit here likes to claim you are going to do HOWEVER i honestly cant imagine that any court would hold up a decision against somebody just innocently reciting what he had already read on the internet especially when they were clear to state they had no idea what happened (thus making it not an accusation).

ive told him 100 times and there are posts in my history where i say over and over again i do not believe that such a thing happened and that i had only said it in the first place because its what i had read in some article on the internet somewhere. he goes on and on about it in the interest of creating drama.

i would submit a genuine apology to you but i would not give this faggot piece of shit 'daggit' the satisfaction considering he is the one who has been dragging this up EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I POST for the last year or so. and believe me, i have no desire to bring this up but he's pretty much left me no choice if he is here claiming i have libeled you (accusing me of a crime = actual libel) on your own thread where you will surely see it.

Asperger's much? Jesus man.

gnooryblows

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 01:00:54 AM
Asperger's much? Jesus man.

well, get accused of a crime, better be detailed in the explanation......sorry if its too detailed or something but thats the only way i could think to explain all of it.

i do not take somebody accusing me of a crime and literally trying to incite a lawsuit against me lightly. for all i know, art could hear his side of the story, if hes gonna start posting that shit here like he has elsewhere on the forum, and LITERALLY decide to bring a lawsuit against me

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 01:02:21 AM

well, get accused of a crime, better be detailed in the explanation......sorry if its too detailed or something but thats the only way i could think to explain all of it.

i do not take somebody accusing me of a crime and literally trying to incite a lawsuit against me lightly

Did a shit job of explaining it.

gnooryblows

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 01:03:31 AM
Did a shit job of explaining it.

cool well im not a lawyer or a writer or any other articulate type of person.

i pick furniture out of the trash in the middle of the night and sell it on the internet.

lonevoice

What's the matter, Bellgab?  Are you cycling, baby?