• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Can you name another guest on Coast that brings in more listeners that Hoagland? I can't. How is this anything but good news?

SaucyRossy

He will bring listeners. And the other major point is as Art said. He's something for people to talk about. A safe host choice for the other side of midnight would've been boring. This way, you either find him entertaining and are psyched for the ride thru the cosmic ether you're about to take. Or you hate him and will probably still listen out of spite. One thing we can all agree on is RCH knows how to handle a broadcast.
There's a reason a massive amount of rush listeners are liberals, and that's because he's so damn entertaining while you yell out responses to things you disagree with or know is wrong.

Picking RCH to host this show was BRILLIANT. Bravo Art, Keith, and welcome aboard Richard!

munbeam666

Quote from: bateman on June 30, 2015, 04:32:08 PM
HAHAHAHA!

I think this probably marks the end of Hoagie on Coast. Dave must be fuming.
Maybe the beginning of the end for Snorry on Coast? ;D ;D ;)

morgana213

Quote from: sydtron on June 30, 2015, 04:45:36 PM
Lol! How do u think I did it?  Hell in real life I cant even send my callsign! Bahaha.  I am learning. Because CW is awesome. Now im sad. Because I cant even send my callsign.. GOOD GOD, WHAT KIND OF HAM OP AM I?!?   :o
That's awesome Sydtron!  Robbie got quite excited over it!   :)

Mastodonkey

I really didn't want more C2C/Art bad blood in the mix.. I feel like taking Hoagland away from them is really nothing more than ridding them of some obnoxious pest they don't even really want around anymore anyway.
It is what it is though. Art is still coming back and all is well.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Mastodonkey on June 30, 2015, 04:50:53 PM
I feel like taking Hoagland away from them is really nothing more than ridding them of some obnoxious pest they don't even really want around anymore anyway.

Good news for the numbers lady!

nika01

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2015, 04:49:55 PM
Can you name another guest on Coast that brings in more listeners that Hoagland? I can't. How is this anything but good news?

How would you know this? Ratings aren't published.

Hoagland is a crime against good sense

nbirnes

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 04:43:49 PM

I'm going to go with worst idea ever. Predicting short term implosion into a black hole.

No matter what, our little after-Art chat show and pressure-valve will not conflict with Hoagland's audience. Not at all. Not one little bit.

Also, both Bella-Haven and Hoagy will be taped for replay later, so each night folks will have a choice, without ultimately missing out. Winners all around.

🌸Bella🌸

popple

Welcome to the DMRN, playa! Enjoy what we call conversation  8)

Great GabCast material. Hoagie gonna call in? 623-242-CAST(2278)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:50:06 PM
He will bring listeners. And the other major point is as Art said. He's something for people to talk about. A safe host choice for the other side of midnight would've been boring. This way, you either find him entertaining and are psyched for the ride thru the cosmic ether you're about to take. Or you hate him and will probably still listen out of spite. One thing we can all agree on is RCH knows how to handle a broadcast.
There's a reason a massive amount of rush listeners are liberals, and that's because he's so damn entertaining while you yell out responses to things you disagree with or know is wrong.

Picking RCH to host this show was BRILLIANT. Bravo Art, Keith, and welcome aboard Richard!

This. I think when you get Hoagland off of his normal material, he'll be surprising.

nika01

Quote from: nbirnes on June 30, 2015, 04:52:57 PM
No matter what, our little after-Art chat show and pressure-valve will not conflict with Hoagland's audience. Not at all. Not one little bit.

Also, both Bella-Haven and Hoagy will be taped for replay later, so each night folks will have a choice, without ultimately missing out. Winners all around.

🌸Bella🌸
Given the choice, I would listen to a dripping faucet over RCH. I will be tuning into your after show

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 04:52:37 PM

Could have always gone with Whitley Strieber . . .

Art Bell

Well, here is the thing, many love Richard and yes some hate him. However both groups will listen to confirm their passion. The fact that they tried to move my friend right on top of my opening day with a show that by that time would be old news is simply pathetic.

Art

Harekr

I'll give Hogie a chance. I'm curious how he will handle other subjects.

coaster

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 04:52:37 PM

How would you know this? Ratings aren't published.

If it was a "crime against good sense" and such a bad idea, why the hell would coast keep having him back on?

Bounder

They're so busted.

Welcome, Hoagie.

nika01

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 04:56:53 PM
Well, here is the thing, many love Richard and yes some hate him. However both groups will listen to confirm their passion. The fact that they tried to move my friend right on top of my opening day with a show that by that time would be old news is simply pathetic.

Art

Point taken, I love the play. But Im not going to listen to him .

nika01

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2015, 04:57:49 PM
If it was a "crime against good sense" and such a bad idea, why the hell would coast keep having him back on?

flys love shit, I dont

trostol

Quote from: popple on June 30, 2015, 04:53:32 PM
Welcome to the DMRN, playa! Enjoy what we call conversation  8)

Great GabCast material. Hoagie gonna call in? 623-242-CAST(2278)

shouldnt that be a pic of GN and LMH lol he always goes into lounge singer mode when she is on

coaster

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 04:59:55 PM

flys love shit, I dont
we get it, you're butthurt. Listen to something else then.

refined1

Brilliant!  What a coup.  A few verses from my non-famous parody to the tune of Little Red Riding Hood song,
  Hey Mr. Bell this ride's been good,  Wouldn't change it if I could,
Speeding through the universe into the dark of the night.

We'll take Dames and Hoagie too,
Fly to Mars and remote view,
The coming Super Storm that's gonna do us all in.

What a great show you've got,
A real weirdo melting pot,
Sometimes it gives me such a fright,
When we go pahrumping into the night.

Gonna keep my 'puter on,
Gonna listen all night long.
Pa Bell is back and waiting to take your call.   

Art

Slime ball noory being a slime ball is nothing new.

I'll tune in to Richard him being in charge of the asylum seems like good radio.

Who

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 30, 2015, 04:52:25 PM
Good news for the numbers lady!

And for Dave's veterinarian.  He'll have even more time to dispense medical advice to Dave's double-digit IQ listeners.

Art

Love him or loathe him, no one's indifferent to Hoagland, and this is brilliant buzz for his show and yours, Art. It's a masterstroke, and particularly sweet since for once, PremRat's dirty tactics bit them square on their seersucker clad butts. You were absolutely right - it got people talking, and that's more buzz for the shows.

I'll listen. I get a kick out of him. Half the time I don't see what he does, but I know he believes what he does and his tales are fun.

Marc.Knight

Art

This will provide fertile ground for Hoagland to thrive and evolve.  He'll have to transition from guest-mode to host-mode, - he'll probably surprise most of us.

Marc.Knight

Where is Hoagland.... someone invite him to BellGab!

WildCard

Richard, you magnificent bastard! Excuse this rabble. They'll listen. They'll listen and they'll like it!

nika01

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
we get it, you're butthurt. Listen to something else then.

Plan to. And its not my butt, its my head. I have listened to RCH several times over many years and he has said many outrageous things. I can go along with his theater to a point. He crossed that point several years ago when he essential said that NASA caused one of the shuttle disasters as a premeditated act. For me, that was too much.

Bonanza Pilot

Did any one catch a week or two ago when hoagland was on c2c and Noory bit Richards head off becuase he respectfully brought up the possibility of hosting into the fourth hour? Hoagland basically mentioned it in passing and Snoorge flipped out on him and was a complete ass hole. It all makes sense now.

I cant believe i used to give Noory the benefit of the doubt. I just like to believe most people are good at heart. I was so wrong. What a slimy ass hole noory is. Like many of the less naive folks here figured out a long time ago...the nice guy act is a total farce.