• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: MV on June 16, 2015, 12:21:41 AM
i'm not sure if $5 is too low or not, but i do agree it must be a pricepoint now that the lid is off of this thing.
$5 could be a special "introductory" price and early subscribers could lock it in if they stay.
Later could increase it to $6.66/month for others down the road?  8)

Also allow other repeater streams to augment the limited dark matter stream?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wotr1 on June 16, 2015, 12:31:25 AM

Also, for the love of all that is holy, please tell me that nobody uses the "F" word in the broadcast- or that Keith at least used his delay / dump board to censor it so that we are not subjected to another 50 pages of everybody ranting and spitting out their talking points (on both sides, myself included.)

During that debate, I only spoke in truths and wisdom nuggets.

Canned Heat

Quote from: Morgus on June 16, 2015, 12:34:36 AM
$5 could be a special "introductory" price and early subscribers could lock it in if they stay.
Later could increase it to $6.66/month for others down the road?  8)

Hehehehe I love it!  But seriously, I love IT!  Art, an introductory price of 60/yr or 33/6 mo like Verizon or t-Mobil you are a loyalty customer/grandfathered in because one year from now it goes up.  Gimmicky, a bit but lots of time to sign up and takes advantage to be the first time caller/LONGGG TIME listener!

Keep your subscription (hate membership) going and you're set/locked in/one of the lucky ones.  No crazy complicated plans.  Just easy, like you Mr. Bell.  It's just forthright.  AND You Sir deserve to make money at WHAT YOU LOVE!  Don't forget, you ARE A FUCKING PROFESSIONAL.  Professional people charge fees.

Canned Heat

Quote from: MV on June 16, 2015, 01:06:54 AM
During that debate, I only spoke in truths and wisdom nuggets.
So fucking funny! I've got to fucking say, all nuggets in.

Zenman

Quote from: wotr1 on June 16, 2015, 12:31:25 AM
Where... Is there a link?

Also, for the love of all that is holy, please tell me that nobody uses the "F" word in the broadcast- or that Keith at least used his delay / dump board to censor it so that we are not subjected to another 50 pages of everybody ranting and spitting out their talking points (on both sides, myself included.)

http://www.futuretheater.com/2015/06/15/soroya-biela-253/

I'm listening as we speak.

Lt.Uhura

Last time I checked the website there were still "Dark Matter" items for sale.  Time for new merch!

Coffee Cups
T-Shirts
Bumper Stickers
and...
BELL Bottoms

Canned Heat

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 16, 2015, 02:44:11 AM
Last time I checked the website there were still "Dark Matter" items for sale.  Time for new merch!

Coffee Cups
T-Shirts
Bumper Stickers
and...
BELL Bottoms
Oh yeah!  You go girl.  I thought of hot pants but I would buy a ton of bells!  I mean how cute is that> Art Bell's Bell Bottoms!!!
It's still all I wear. A nice comfy light work out boot flare with MITD down the side!  You know people would be asking you what the hell it means so you can spread the word wearing them!

But here's another idea.  You know that pajama thing on Coast to Coast every fucking Valentine's Day I can't even remember what it is cause I quit listening so long ago but I don't know you buys some kind of pajamas... Well midnight in the desert pjs I would buy.

Art, this would all be to support you because you know anybody could go to Vista print and have almost anything made from T-shirts to whatever using midnight in the desert what would be missing is your signature.  I'm talking right across the butt.   For the lack of a better term a tramp stamp!!!

Snuggles or snuggies. lol.

twiki

Quote from: chefist on June 15, 2015, 02:28:35 PM

https://youtu.be/WMzsBTrfHJU

Jaz does it again!

http://www.examiner.com/article/art-bell-makes-triumphant-return-with-new-paranormal-radio-show

This trailer is absolutely brilliant Jazzmunda. It really captures the special magic that open lines brings to Art Bell's show. Bravo mate. This is your best one yet and the others were bloody fantastic. This one was simply stunning.

ks3484

The competition is doing ♦memberships and •subscriptions and •podcast and free ♠news letters [ use to be called After Dark ]  - and •commercial advertisements. So why re-invent the wheel? And there are probably grants available  from different sources to help with funding.

:) :) :) :D :D :D :) :) :)

You can choose Coast Insider for just ►$6.95 each month, ►$29.95 for 6 months or ►$54.95 for 12 months. ►Subscribe to Coast Insider

Sign up to become a Coast Insider and listen to the show live or on-demand with your computer or mobile device. All audio streams are delivered in high quality, crystal clear audio.

All Coast Insider benefits:

• Last five years of audio archives on our website
• Audio streaming or downloadable MP3s of show archives
• Media access through website or mobile app   â€¢ Chat with hosts & special guests
• iTunes podcast
• Direct e-mail to main show host
You can choose Coast Insider for just $6.95 each month, $29.95 for 6 months or $54.95 for 12 months.

Coast Insider also available as a gift

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 16, 2015, 02:58:58 AM
Oh yeah!  You go girl.  I thought of hot pants but I would buy a ton of bells!  I mean how cute is that> Art Bell's Bell Bottoms!!!
It's still all I wear. A nice comfy light work out boot flare with MITD down the side!  You know people would be asking you what the hell it means so you can spread the word wearing them!...

I'm talking right across the butt....

Snuggles or snuggies. lol.

Sure sounds like a great idea until someone shows up in a pair 2 sizes too small in a People of WalMart meme.  Not exactly the best venue to promo MITD, lol!

Canned Heat

author=ks3484

Exactly!  It's what I said to Art's reply. Only simpler.  Screw the monthly bullshit.  If you're going to freak out because you spent $33 for a six-month period and you want some of your money back- jump off a bridge.  Screw the "gift" just buy somebody you like a subscription with YOUR cc.  The stupid gimmicky list of what you get is just annoying.  You get it all in one or two payments.

Bad Grandma

I'll pay on a per-show basis, after each show has finished. Would you pay a plumber in advance and then hope he shows up to unplug the shitter?

Canned Heat

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 16, 2015, 03:37:54 AM
Sure sounds like a great idea until someone shows up in a pair 2 sizes too small in a People of WalMart meme.  Not exactly the best venue to promo MITD, lol!
Whatever it takes to spread the love Lt.! lol

Canned Heat

Quote from: Bad Grandma on June 16, 2015, 03:44:27 AM
I'll pay on a per-show basis, after each show has finished. Would you pay a plumber in advance and then hope he shows up to unplug the shitter?
I can't even comment on your idiotic analogy.  So I won't.

Canned Heat

Did bad grandma spend her extra cash on crack?

Bad Grandma

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 16, 2015, 03:46:38 AM
I can't even comment on your idiotic analogy.  So I won't.

Payment after services rendered, dipshit, not hard to comprehend. Past history sets the precedent (X3).

Canned Heat

I'm a shopaholic so I do it everywhere but I have never seen anything like that in WM.  I have seen it in supermarkets however.  :-\

Canned Heat

Quote from: Bad Grandma on June 16, 2015, 03:51:17 AM
Payment after services rendered, dipshit, not hard to comprehend. Past history sets the precedent (X3).
awwww bad grandma! such a shitty potty mouth on you!  Need me to call a plumber darling?

Canned Heat

Well Lt. U, anywho, I am never going to get that image (I'm sure quite true in some WM somewhere) out of my head today!  Thanks 😜

Quote from: Art Bell on June 15, 2015, 04:10:48 PM
I am at Jurassic World with my Girls. Thank you Jaz for the cool new trailer!
Art
Leonard Nimoy watched the trailer and commented: "I found it, somewhat flawed"

jazmunda

Can anyone help me locate a clip? Anyone know a date of a show where Art mentions that if Aliens landed they'd be pumped full of lead before they stepped off the ship. He said it many times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

serenity

Quote from: morgana213 on June 15, 2015, 11:07:16 PM
It ended at 12:00AM Eastern.  The podcast will be posted to the Future Theater website if you missed it.

http://www.futuretheater.com

I'm not sure when it will be posted though.  They all done good!!   :)

It was a great show. Nice to hear them all together. Good job ladies   *deep bow*

This is where a speech-to-text uber-program would come in handy. A simple matter of searching the database. Hope you get a hit. I don't remember that statement, but I like it!
Quote from: jazmunda on June 16, 2015, 04:23:32 AM
Can anyone help me locate a clip? Anyone know a date of a show where Art mentions that if Aliens landed they'd be pumped full of lead before they stepped off the ship. He said it many times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zenman

Quote from: serenity on June 16, 2015, 04:34:00 AM
It was a great show. Nice to hear them all together. Good job ladies   *deep bow*

I agree. Nice mix of topics, and Nancy is a great host.

And I liked the, dare I say, chick-format.

Juan

Another way to easily contribute is to click on the Amazon link on artbell.com, then do your shopping. Art will get a small percentage of what you buy.

wr250

Quote from: Morgus on June 16, 2015, 12:34:36 AM

he cant. art/keith needs to keep an accurate count of listeners for their music licensing fees. this cant be done with independent repeater streams.  keith/art has to have control of said stream to get lissener accounts.

Lilith

Quote from: morgana213 on June 15, 2015, 11:07:16 PM
It ended at 12:00AM Eastern.  The podcast will be posted to the Future Theater website if you missed it.

http://www.futuretheater.com

I'm not sure when it will be posted though.  They all done good!!   :)

Sounds INTERESTING!!  Will go do some listening there, Thank U MUCHLY  :)