Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jerry

Quote from: wr250 on June 07, 2015, 02:42:46 PM
i sold my soul to the penguin.

Me too. Made the switch in Sept 2009.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on June 07, 2015, 02:31:11 PM
Oh please, The IPhone is simply trouble free. Apple does a much better job of vetting the Apps that are available, there is no good argument against that. Android is also ok but if your going to place your digital life inside something I would opt for the safer one. Just my opinion.

Art

You're so right. It's all about how you value your time. I don't want to worry about do I need a anti virus program on my phone because some wonky app on the android App Store could be hacking my phone. I also don't need to be able to program or do other behind the curtains things that most android users love to talk about when it comes to the freedom pitch.

I like my iPhone 6, because it works great all the time every time. Everything has been thought out and tested and if you have all  products, which I do. They all work seamlessly together. From handoff to AirPlay mirroring through the Apple TV. It all just works beautifully.

PathoJen

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:11:21 PM
You're so right. It's all about how you value your time. I don't want to worry about do I need a anti virus program on my phone because some wonky app on the android App Store could be hacking my phone. I also don't need to be able to program or do other behind the curtains things that most android users love to talk about when it comes to the freedom pitch.

I like my iPhone 6, because it works great all the time every time. Everything has been thought out and tested and if you have all  products, which I do. They all work seamlessly together. From handoff to AirPlay mirroring through the Apple TV. It all just works beautifully.
My sentiments exactly, Rossy.

FortRock

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:13:43 AM
On another subject, the reddit truthers are saying this is pictures of liquid on mars from the rover.....

It's safe to say we are all hyped up for Art to return....

FROM SCORPION ARMY HEADQUARTERS!

SOMEONE IS MISSING THE FIELD MARSHALL'S SHOWS WITH GENERAL RICHARD C. HOAGLAND AS MUCH AS WE ARE!
ART, IT'S TIME TO EXAMINE THE "KITTY LITTER BOX" CALLED SEDONA, AND THE "FACE ON MARS"! RICHARD HAS
GOTTEN SOFT WITH ALL THOSE COTTON CANDY QUESTIONS FROM DAVE TWINKLETOES!

sorefinger

Just curious, did you wait in line all night, with your tent, sleeping bag, and porta potty, just so you could get your new iPhone before they sold out?

chefist

Apple lovers are a devoted clan for sure!  I'm an out of contract, a little off the grid type of guy so I have a MotoG with Android...not a bad product for $150...the Iphone 6 was $650 and the Galaxy 5 was $550...both excellent products but I'm happy with my MotoG...

SaucyRossy

Quote from: sorefinger on June 07, 2015, 03:24:09 PM

Just curious, did you wait in line all night, with your tent, sleeping bag, and porta potty, just so you could get your new iPhone before they sold out?

Haha no. I'm not an idiot or a fanboy. If Apple products stop working for me then I'll make a switch. The only allegiance I hold is to what works best for me.

I always wait three months after a new phone comes out until I decide if I want it and just to make sure there aren't any major issues. Then I walk into whatever store is the most convenient buy it at full price and walk right out. Then I sell my previous phone unlocked to the highest bidder. Basically, I pay maybe $80 on average with a screen protector when getting a new phone. Just depends on what the market is for the phone I want to sell. Capitalism is a great thing.

RoseGirl

Quote from: k-rowland on June 06, 2015, 11:14:15 PM
If any one would like an update from the After Show I did last night, here it is:

http://artbell.com/after-dark-after-show-wkeith-rowland/

Just listened to the update show and...oh my...totally intimidated by the technology now. I had no idea it was that complicated. You mean it can't be done with just two carrier pigeons and a piece of string? *sigh* I'm such a boob.

Keith, can you tell me what exactly I would need in order to run a show from my end? I will be doing the 'Bella-Haven' show with Nancy Birnes as soon as Art goes live (hopefully sooner) and I would like to be able to run a show from my end in case it is ever needed. All I have right now is a computer and a Skype with headset. So pathetic.

What do I need to buy? I will shell out what ever is needed....or, if it is expensive, will certainly start putting some bucks together for it.

nika01

Quote from: FortRock on June 07, 2015, 03:18:36 PM
FROM SCORPION ARMY HEADQUARTERS!

SOMEONE IS MISSING THE FIELD MARSHALL'S SHOWS WITH GENERAL RICHARD C. HOAGLAND AS MUCH AS WE ARE!
ART, IT'S TIME TO EXAMINE THE "KITTY LITTER BOX" CALLED SEDONA, AND THE "FACE ON MARS"! RICHARD HAS
GOTTEN SOFT WITH ALL THOSE COTTON CANDY QUESTIONS FROM DAVE TWINKLETOES!
effn a, effn a

SaucyRossy

So, can we start making calls? I assume so but I've tried Skype and it just instant hangs up.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: sorefinger on June 07, 2015, 03:37:55 PM
China may be hacking every iPhone user in the country - Quartz
http://qz.com/283691/china-may-be-hacking-every-iphone-user-in-the-country/

Yeah and the NSA is hacking every phone and every device in the world etc.
We all know this, it sucks. I hate it. Doesn't matter if you're on an iPhone and android, or a landline. Some computer some where is listening, logging, and recording.

At this point you're acting like the fanboy.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:38:14 PM
So, can we start making calls? I assume so but I've tried Skype and it just instant hangs up.

3pm PT he'll be ready!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2015, 03:41:39 PM
3pm PT he'll be ready!

Oh I read it wrong. Sorry for calling early Art!

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2015, 03:24:58 PM
Apple lovers are a devoted clan for sure!  I'm an out of contract, a little off the grid type of guy so I have a MotoG with Android...not a bad product for $150...the Iphone 6 was $650 and the Galaxy 5 was $550...both excellent products but I'm happy with my MotoG...
Yeah, similar here.  I'm cheap.  I picked-up an el cheapo android about over a year ago.  It gets the job done for me.  Is it the Mercedes of phones?  Of course not, but it gets the job done for me.  Similar for computers.  I was using a very old HP with Windows XP until I finally went to a refurb laptop with Windows 7 for around $200.  Been working great.  I don't have my life on it either.  If it dies, no big deal.

RoseGirl

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2015, 03:41:39 PM
3pm PT he'll be ready!

Where do I go to listen to this?

sorefinger

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:28:39 PM
Haha no. I'm not an idiot or a fanboy. If Apple products stop working for me then I'll make a switch. The only allegiance I hold is to what works best for me.

I always wait three months after a new phone comes out until I decide if I want it and just to make sure there aren't any major issues. Then I walk into whatever store is the most convenient buy it at full price and walk right out. Then I sell my previous phone unlocked to the highest bidder. Basically, I pay maybe $80 on average with a screen protector when getting a new phone. Just depends on what the market is for the phone I want to sell. Capitalism is a great thing.

2014 celebrity photo hack - iPhone

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_celebrity_photo_hack

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on June 07, 2015, 03:42:25 PM
Yeah, similar here.  I'm cheap.  I picked-up an el cheapo android about over a year ago.  It gets the job done for me.  Is it the Mercedes of phones?  Of course not, but it gets the job done for me.  Similar for computers.  I was using a very old HP with Windows XP until I finally went to a refurb laptop with Windows 7 for around $200.  Been working great.  I don't have my life on it either.  If it dies, no big deal.

Exactyl! I have my old Dell laptop from work at home now...cost $1200 5 years ago, but a little long in th tooth now...I wiped the drive and installed Linux/Ubuntu 14...works like a champ!

Heather Wade

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 07, 2015, 03:43:24 PM

The test won't be streamed, but you can call. 

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 07, 2015, 03:43:24 PM

RoseGirl

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 07, 2015, 03:47:25 PM
The test won't be streamed, but you can call.

Thanks Redacted.....what is the Skype addy?

or is it on Skype?

RoseGirl

MITD51....k...going on Skype now. be forewarned...lol

sorefinger

Quote from: ItsOver on June 07, 2015, 03:42:25 PM
Brilliant. You are no disciple, that's for sure.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 07, 2015, 03:49:25 PM
MITD51....k...going on Skype now. be forewarned...lol

Heather Wade

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 07, 2015, 03:48:03 PM
Thanks Redacted.....what is the Skype addy?

or is it on Skype?

Chefist posted the Skype ID, and you will find it just a little upthread too.  There's also a number you can dial if you don't have Skype 1-952-225-5278

RoseGirl

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 07, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
Chefist posted the Skype ID, and you will find it just a little upthread too.  There's also a number you can dial if you don't have Skype 1-952-225-5278

k....just asked to be added to the contact list. What now?

Talk me down, Red...talk me down. lol

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 07, 2015, 03:54:23 PM

Art said he cannot accept each request, but just making the request means he will be added to your list and you can call in!

Heather Wade

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 07, 2015, 03:54:23 PM

Even if you aren't added to his list of contacts, you can still call him.  I know, but take a deep breath, think of a good question, and just call Art.  Oh, and I expect a full report!   8)

RoseGirl

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2015, 03:55:39 PM
Art said he cannot accept each request, but just making the request means he will be added to your list and you can call in!

kewl....waiting, not patiently...just waiting