• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 09:31:47 AM

There are many many things that might be prevented before those; such as the assassination of Franz Ferdinand; the birth of Adolf Hitler; the birth of Pol Pot; the birth of Saddam Hussain, GW Bush and T Blair; the birth of Facebook; the invention of cd's and cheap tools.

I think I recall Art once saying he'd go back to see if Jesus existed and was crucified.
I have often wondered that myself.
As a matter of fact, I guess the best answer if Jesus WAS real and DID get put to death, it would have been better not to intervene.
But we could have saved Judas, right?
Oh the challenges and mental exhaustion of time travel.

That's why some people just nuke some pizza bites.

PathoJen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 09:31:47 AM

There are many many things that might be prevented before those; such as the assassination of Franz Ferdinand; the birth of Adolf Hitler; the birth of Pol Pot; the birth of Saddam Hussain, GW Bush and T Blair; the birth of Facebook; the invention of cd's and cheap tools.
You would have to make sure you were around to prevent all of the aforementioned births. #cockblock

nika01

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 07, 2015, 09:33:50 AM
I think I recall Art once saying he'd go back to see if Jesus existed and was crucified.
As a matter of fact, I guess the best answer if Jesus WAS real and DID get put to death, it would have been better not to intervene.

Yes, pizza is the answer, far less exhausting, especially if its delivered.

PathoJen

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 07, 2015, 09:33:50 AM

HorrorReporter, for some reason I'm reading your posts with a British accent. Am I wrong in doing so?

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 06, 2015, 10:56:57 PM
Well I will be 70 soon and I know I have not really grown up yet.

Art
I heard Art say (from a 1995 Coast to Coast), on U7 last night, "Macs will be collecting dust in the closet in 10 years". See, gabblings, Art is sometimes incorrect. lol. 8)

Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 09:37:15 AM
HorrorReporter, for some reason I'm reading your posts with a British accent. Am I wrong in doing so?

I'm a schmuck from the Anthracite coal region of Pennsylvania. So there's nothing British about my twang.
Although I sometimes cross my legs like a British chap.

Of course it's never wrong to speak in Britland..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwn2ftCHENI

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 09:37:15 AM

Would that be Welsh, English, Scottish, Irish, or Cornish (Cornwall doesn't really count as separate country unless you're from there)  ;D...However Yorkshire is better than all those but we have to tolerate them being called British too.

Just sayin.

PathoJen

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 06, 2015, 11:11:12 PM
I've heard being a grown up is so boring; they don't build living room forts with blankets & chairs either.     
Which brings me to this:

PathoJen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 09:45:10 AM
Would that be Welsh, English, Scottish, Irish, or Cornish (Cornwall doesn't really count as separate country unless you're from there)  ;D...However Yorkshire is better than all those but we have to tolerate them being called British too.

Just sayin.
Whatever Tom Jones is.

PathoJen

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 07, 2015, 09:43:58 AM
I'm a schmuck from the Anthracite coal region of Pennsylvania. So there's nothing British about my twang.
Although I sometimes cross my legs like a British chap.

Of course it's never wrong to speak in Britland..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwn2ftCHENI
Good ol' Flower Twats. LOVE LOVE LOVE Fawlty Towers.

PathoJen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 09:50:44 AM
Oh dear...  :-X
Welsh? Do the yorkies consider welsh mush mouths?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 10:01:55 AM
Welsh? Do the yorkies consider welsh mush mouths?

It depends........

I don't know what a mush mouth is....

sorefinger

Quote from: k-rowland on June 06, 2015, 11:14:15 PM
If any one would like an update from the After Show I did last night, here it is:

http://artbell.com/after-dark-after-show-wkeith-rowland/

Thanks. That was worth listening to.

nika01

Quote from: sorefinger on June 07, 2015, 10:39:34 AM

I agree, I especially liked the part about raising the bar on the audio from all of the shows on DMDN. The cell phone and lousy skype set ups used by the main guests are really difficult, if not impossible to listen to.

chefist

If any one would like an update from the After Show I did last night, here it is:

Thanks Keith! For those of us outside of the broadcasting biz this is very interesting insight!

PathoJen

Quote from: sorefinger on June 07, 2015, 10:39:34 AM
He sounds a lot like MV. Has anyone ever seen Rowland and MV in the same room?

PathoJen

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 07, 2015, 12:29:41 AM
Nice... I just voted you the most popular girl on Belgab. Hey that's a sexist remark, I wouldn't say that to a guy or a fag.
Sweeeeet!

Art's back in 44 days, Keith is finally starting to share his secret random 1am podcasts. Bellgabbling gabblers are more focused on time travel today than one upping each other.

Coincidence? Ha, there are no coincidences. The 11's are lining up, this going is going to be fan.tas.tic.

You all have a great day.

munbeam666

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 07, 2015, 01:24:12 AM
Tax the rich until there are no rich no more, "Alvin Lee, 10 years after"

That was a great song

Quote from: wr250 on June 07, 2015, 05:55:23 AM
he ignored the computer though, it kept saying 19.5 over and over again.
as far as time travel and ending up in empty space is concerned, it depends on the method of travel. exceeding the speed of light requires acceleration and therefore you have to move away from then back to the point in space you wish to (re)visit (exceeding the speed of light moves you backward in time supposedly).
if you use gravity, that will bind you to the earth (for example) because time does not affect gravity; however gravity affects time.

maybe AO or astroguy can set us straight.

Good point wr250.  I don't believe there is any established physics that would support the notion of going back in time.  Going forward in time would be an active process of approaching the speed of light and then returning or approaching the event horizon of a black hole and returning, not just stepping in a box and popping out somewhere.  You would be actively controlling both your physical and temporal destination.  Potential schemes I've seen for travelling back in time would all involve linking two points in time -- call it a gateway -- so someone would already have had to have built the original gateway somewhere before you could travel back to it.

munbeam666

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 07, 2015, 07:14:32 AM
What the heck, I thought I controlled what we discuss. I woke up expecting to see solutions for paying off the national debt. Let's get back on topic. Would it be possible to time travel into the future, rob a bank and return to the present with enough inflated US dollars to pay off the national debt?
Only if you went through a paranormal dating service ;)

Gabriel

eddie dean

Thanks Keith. I'm an audio nerd and found  this very interesting! Particularly the Telos z/ip, voip talkback ( i was curious how you accomplished long distance talkback) and the z/ip stream encoding device with multiple audio feeds, is a huge help and very handy tool for a single piece of rack gear.
I'm Geeking out! :)

lasertron

Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 09:43:48 AM
I heard Art say (from a 1995 Coast to Coast), on U7 last night, "Macs will be collecting dust in the closet in 10 years". See, gabblings, Art is sometimes incorrect. lol. 8)
not totally untrue....I'm sure the rig I had in 1995 is collecting dust somewhere  ;)

eddie dean

Quote from: Gabriel on June 07, 2015, 12:11:22 PM
A grumble of Gabblings?

Winner!  Winner!

claim your prize! ;)

PathoJen

Quote from: lasertron on June 07, 2015, 12:34:52 PM
not totally untrue....I'm sure the rig I had in 1995 is collecting dust somewhere  ;)
Ha!

phrodo

Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 11:06:01 AM
He sounds a lot like MV. Has anyone ever seen Rowland and MV in the same room?

I thought so too - similar tonal quality. Maybe to be/assume the Keith identity - like Superman becomes Clark - MV dons a neck merkin.

Quote from: PathoJen on June 07, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

He was nearly correct, but I think it was one of those unfixed points in time only Timelords can see where an Act of Jobs could have made it go either way.

Art Bell

That was a joke, Apple makes a better product, much less trouble prone. I have a IPhone 6 and love it but I still hang on with mostly Windows 7 on my computers.

Art