• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SaucyRossy

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 07, 2015, 02:06:44 AM
Anyone seen this article?

http://theghostdiaries.com/attorney-claims-photographic-proof-of-time-travel/

Yeah.....there's a pretty good documentary where some one meets with him and....well I won't spoil things but....yeaaaaahhhhhh.

SaucyRossy

And I for one think the Philadelphia experiment and the montauk experiments were very real but people try and take advantage of stories for...unknown reasons?

Oddly enough, google time slips if you're really interested in prof of time travel

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 07, 2015, 02:06:44 AM
Anyone seen this article?

http://theghostdiaries.com/attorney-claims-photographic-proof-of-time-travel/

I like the old lady and the cell phone that the internet went wild about a few years ago.

http://youtu.be/Gj3qesTjOE8

I can't get my grandmother to use one of these things and this old lady is time travelling and walking and talking. Who's she even talking to?    ;D

onan

Everyone always talks about the energy and technology needed for time travel; but very few ever discuss the logistics of time travel. Let's say it were possible to travel forward or backwards in time... one would also need to plan for planetary drift. Drift being a misnomer since since our solar system is moving at roughly 45,000 miles an hour. And that doesn't take into account the orbiting around our sun. So not only do we need a device to shift time but also to transport hundreds of thousands to billions of miles away. And then find acceptable clothing.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2015, 02:22:03 AM
Everyone always talks about the energy and technology needed for time travel; but very few ever discuss the logistics of time travel. Let's say it were possible to travel forward or backwards in time... one would also need to plan for planetary drift. Drift being a misnomer since since our solar system is moving at roughly 45,000 miles an hour. And that doesn't take into account the orbiting around our sun. So not only do we need a device to shift time but also to transport hundreds of thousands to billions of miles away. And then find acceptable clothing.

Yeah, I think if you've mastered time travel you could calculate the path of the earth in space and place yourself in the correct coordinates. That is assuming time travel literally works as a form of traveling. When you start reading and discussing higher dimensional (4th dimension) aspects of time it would look and work far differently than we can truly understand....

https://youtu.be/pPTzT4U3RIU

Heather Wade

If I understand you, you're saying the time traveler might accidentally time travel into empty space?  By not accounting for the Earth's orbit?  You got me there, Onan.   

*Unless, the time traveler went to a future or past when the Earth was in the exact position that it is in, in the present.  Maybe.

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2015, 02:22:03 AM

And currency. There are no free lunches in the past.

Also don't forget to take a sports almanac with you.

SaucyRossy

And this is a far longer less dramatic explanation of the fourth dimension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4KC_zlW4g

SaucyRossy

Speaking of time travel.....isn't this a form of time travel????
And of course the first inclination is to use it to essentially torture people. Can you imagine a scientist, philosopher, etc. taking this on a much shorter scale and having all this time to contemplate problems or issues that would take years to solve?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10697529/Prisoners-could-serve-1000-year-sentence-in-eight-hours.html

Heather Wade

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 02:56:28 AM
And of course the first inclination is to use it to essentially torture people. Can you imagine a scientist, philosopher, etc. taking this on a much shorter scale and having all this time to contemplate problems or issues that would take years to solve?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10697529/Prisoners-could-serve-1000-year-sentence-in-eight-hours.html

Ok, the last sentence of that article is just chilling.  As much as I like all our advances in technology, knowing it can & is being used for these purposes scares the hell out of me.

onan

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 07, 2015, 02:34:31 AM
If I understand you, you're saying the time traveler might accidentally time travel into empty space?  By not accounting for the Earth's orbit?  You got me there, Onan.   

*Unless, the time traveler went to a future or past when the Earth was in the exact position that it is in, in the present.  Maybe.

I am not an astrophysicist... where is AO, when you need him? but my understanding is our solar system's speed while traveling through space isn't a constant, but is an increasing number. And where we started from isn't a place we will revisit.

WOTR

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 02:56:28 AM

Somebody, somewhere is doing the math on just how many years a single night of sex could feel like it  lasted using this technology...

SaucyRossy

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2015, 03:04:22 AM
I am not an astrophysicist... where is AO, when you need him? but my understanding is our solar system's speed while traveling through space isn't a constant, but is an increasing number. And where we started from isn't a place we will revisit.

That's true. However, if you think of time travel from the fourth dimensional sense, you would have access to ALL of space and time from the beginning to the end and you would just pick where you want to go and go there.

But that's like, demi-god level powers. haha

The only form of certifiable time travel we can do is travel into the future by going near to or as close to the speed of light, relativity and all that.

WOTR

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2015, 03:04:22 AM
Even if we could find the exact place the earth was in, I would worry about things such as continental drift and erosion.  To suddenly materialize the middle of a now non-existent mountain, the bottom of an ocean or  200 feet above the earth would be more than a little problematic...  I'm sure there would be a way to "see" what was on the other side- but that is a question for somebody much smarter than me.

onan

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:07:25 AM
That's true. However, if you think of time travel from the fourth dimensional sense, you would have access to ALL of space and time from the beginning to the end and you would just pick where you want to go and go there.

The only form of certifiable time travel we can do is travel into the future by going near to or as close to the speed of light, relativity and all that.

Or... angels and portals.

onan

So you are positing that time and space are one and the same?

SaucyRossy

On another subject, the reddit truthers are saying this is pictures of liquid on mars from the rover.....

It's safe to say we are all hyped up for Art to return....

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:13:43 AM
On another subject, the reddit truthers are saying this is pictures of liquid on mars from the rover.....

I'd go easy on the 'we'. As for the photo, it's a bunch of rocks having a piss. No conspiracy.

onan

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:13:43 AM

Looks like a "miller lite" pee stain to me.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2015, 03:12:51 AM
So you are positing that time and space are one and the same?

I'm not positing it. Einstein and a bunch of other way smarter dudes than me did, it's called Spacetime.

Here's the definition I found on google.

"space-time
nounPHYSICS
the concepts of time and three-dimensional space regarded as fused in a four-dimensional continuum."

Yorkshire pud

The qualification of course is 'theoretically'. No-one really knows exactly what would happen if we could accelerate ourselves to near light speed.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 03:18:15 AM

The qualification of course is 'theoretically'. No-one really knows exactly what would happen if we could accelerate ourselves to near light speed.

I wonder how the human body could even withstand light speed travel.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 03:18:15 AM

Nah, that's pretty much been proven at this point by the slight differentials in aging of astronauts who've been on the international space station for like forever.

Though, I think it's being seriously done as an experiment right now or soon with two twins.

onan

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:16:40 AM
I'm not positing it. Einstein and a bunch of other way smarter dudes than me did, it's called Spacetime.

Here's the definition I found on google.

"space-time
nounPHYSICS
the concepts of time and three-dimensional space regarded as fused in a four-dimensional continuum."

I was just asking.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: onan on June 07, 2015, 03:20:48 AM
I was just asking.

I wasn't answering in a sarcastic way. If it came across that way I apologize. It can be a bit hard to convey tone on a forum.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 07, 2015, 03:20:38 AM
Nah, that's pretty much been proven at this point by the slight differentials in aging of astronauts who've been on the international space station for like forever.
No-one has been in the ISS 'for 'like' forever'. The aging has nothing to do with light speed. Close to or exceeding it. Most long term astronauts suffer with bone and muscle problems post mission, but has nothing to do with speed.

Though, I think it's being seriously done as an experiment right now or soon with two twins.

Which serious experiment is being done to take one twin to light speed?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 07, 2015, 03:25:10 AM
No-one has been in the ISS 'for 'like' forever'. The aging has nothing to do with light speed. Close to or exceeding it. Most long term astronauts suffer with bone and muscle problems post mission, but has nothing to do with speed.

Which serious experiment is being done to take one twin to light speed?

http://qz.com/370729/astronaut-scott-kelly-will-return-from-a-year-in-space-both-older-and-younger-than-his-twin-brother/

And I wasn't talking about light speed in regards to the international space station, I probably should've been more specific. I was talking of time dilation and relativity. Which, is why i was using the light speed example which is the classic example of relativity.