• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
Your's are pertfect too. ;)  :-*
These silly things? 

I'm just thrilled that it looks like everything's worked out, and you're not going to be an orphan.

phrodo

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2015, 07:57:17 PM
I decided today that I will probably get these 4 words tattooed on my body but I don't want to say where.

Maybe somewhere where at first it simply says "Wanna ?" then later reveals the whole phrase?   8)

nbirnes

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 08:24:25 PM
Will there be adult beverages? I'm taking the entire day off work and am sending the wife and kids away to the country.

Beverages and the vapors for those who can. You can also sleep it off in the Happy Hippy Hut.(tm) No plumbing or prying eyes.

Queen

Crystal gayle still going to be on the first show with grham?

Where's Dr. Zaius when you need him? 

In all seriousness, I appreciate the fact people on this forum are allowed to disagree with each other, criticize each other and go head to head, even with the owner of the site. Too many forums fall victim to the poison of overzealous moderation and turn into fascist states where only pre-approved thoughts and comments are given space. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, fuck you vaguely lovable assholes.

nbirnes

Quote from: lonevoice on June 04, 2015, 08:22:54 PM
Would those who have had positive responses from programming directors be willing to share a template or script for your emails and phone calls?  If someone will do that and start a thread for such, I'm thinking a lot more people will give it a try.

So smart. Great globes ... and big brains, too.

Quote from: lonevoice on June 04, 2015, 08:33:27 PM
These silly things? 

I'm just thrilled that it looks like everything's worked out, and you're not going to be an orphan.

I still remember the bee costume from Bee on Bee-lie-f

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 04, 2015, 08:38:03 PM

In all seriousness, I appreciate the fact people on this forum are allowed to disagree with each other, criticize each other and go head to head, even with the owner of the site. Too many forums fall victim to the poison of overzealous moderation and turn into fascist states where only pre-approved thoughts and comments are given space. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, fuck you vaguely lovable assholes.

Bateman will, however, be on a 900 second delay for the 19th show.

bateman

Quote from: akwilly on June 04, 2015, 08:19:24 PM
Less gabbing and more fighting MV and Bateman

I have a headache. I sure hope my WABC provided health insurance will cover any meds I may need.

lonevoice

Quote from: nbirnes on June 04, 2015, 08:40:04 PM
So smart. Great globes ... and big brains, too.
Aww, thanks Nancy.  I'm just a ditzy flake who started bellgab life as an insect and has been tryna keep up ever since.

This is for my friend, Mind Flayer Monk.  When I retired the bee, I gave it to basswood because he said his little daughter always laughed when she saw it on the forum...

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:45:55 PM
... if i were her, your comment would have angered me.  she's to classy to show it, though.

Ain't that the truth, she won't show it... I've tried and tried.
To no avail. Best I got was asshattery.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2015, 04:47:22 PM
If (Redacted) is one of the guys then I think that makes me a fag. Dangit !

You will have to take it like a man... like it's raining men, cutie.  :-*
Pray to Goatsy shes not a strap-on size queen.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 08:27:28 PM
I've been starting my calls with, "Would you like to carry something overnight that isn't a pile of shit?"

If that fails you can always tell them that perhaps "it's more of a Shelbyville idea."

Then you can do a variation of this little ditty.

http://youtu.be/sZBPoRwog00

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 04, 2015, 08:38:03 PM
Where's Dr. Zaius when you need him? 

Here, here!  It's only fitting a motley crew of vaguely loveable pirates get into a brawl now and then.  Drunk or otherwise.

RoseGirl

Quote from: wenck on June 04, 2015, 06:49:49 PM
Holy crap. That is amazing. I was worried they weren't interested when I didn't hear back.

Wow....way to go, wenck. Canada is riding the artful wave....how kewl is that? I haven't heard back from the Ceeb yet, but soon I hope.

popple

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 04:45:55 PM
i didn't do it passive aggressively under the pretense of a comment directed to someone else while pretending she wouldn't see it. 

Hmmm... hm..... I know "Fag Gate" was the hot topic of the last clashick gabcast but given recent events I think there is sumptin else worth looking into.

Quote from: The GabCast â€" 02 June, 2015

"The thing I like most about (Redacted) being on with Art Bell is she's the one person who wasn't sticking her nose into things trying to be. That's what I like about it." - MV 89:10:00

I asked you who you were directing that comment toward in the GabCast thread, but I suppose I can figure it out by the comments you've made today. Perhaps I could be wrong, but I thought I'd try my hand in reading into how members feel about one another around here. How long have you been harboring these intense feelings about Bateman? ;D Your accusations seemed to open the floor for others to share their own disapproval of her co-hosting.

Just thought I'd keep things going because of this humble request by a super fan of the show...
Quote from: akwilly on June 04, 2015, 08:19:24 PM
Less gabbing and more fighting MV and Bateman

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 08:50:00 PM
I have a headache...
Uh, oh.  So much for make-up sex.

lonevoice

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 08:50:00 PM
I have a headache. I sure hope my WABC provided health insurance will cover any meds I may need.
LOL.  But MV has 'ludes. 

PING

Quote from: someguy on June 03, 2015, 10:32:41 PM
a bunch of years ago on the station I listened to it would go from phil hendrie into art bell and it was the shit. phil hendrie would get you laughing then art bell would come on and talk about ghosts and alien implants and shit and you're just like "WHOAAAA". it was the best

I'm in the DC area. In 2000 or 01 we had an AM station flip to talk. Their first couple of months it was Art all night, Imus in the morning & Hendrie reruns all day until his live show at 7. It was f*****g awesome.

RoseGirl

Oh you two. Stop fighting...you're both pretty.

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsOver on June 04, 2015, 04:51:50 PM
Please don't tell me you're an Insider.

INSIDER?! He hasn't even kissed 'er !

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 08:25:52 PM
Is this still happening? I thought todays tiff might have put the kybosh on it and I wasn't sure who would get me in the settlement. Most likely I would end up in an orphanage.

You get to live with Uncle George.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 09:10:15 PM
You get to live with Uncle George.

Yay Jesus Juice!

bateman

But for the record, yeah the pre-show is still on.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Catsmile on June 04, 2015, 08:58:48 PM
INSIDER?! He hasn't even kissed 'er !
Exactly where in the compound did you install the webcams?  ???

Sabu2K

With all this fighting Paranormal Dates is needed even more now. Thank god for Dave.

Art Bell

Quote from: NIN on June 04, 2015, 08:37:56 PM
Crystal gayle still going to be on the first show with grham?

I really hope so, it will have to be at the very start, or I could delay Graham to hour two because I will have a lot to say in that first hour of the first show, we shall see.

Now for redacted, the only time it will work is during open lines or some kind of light hearted show. If I am doing a one on one Interview it just would not work so no need to fuss about it, just something to try and see how it works, new stuff is fun.
I am making this up as I go.

Art

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 08:43:49 PM
Bateman will, however, be on a 900 second delay for the 19th show.

Cut him some slack, Michael. Make it 800.

Surmo

I have 75 pages of this thread to read, but I must know now - What caused "The Fight?" Is anyone willing to give a two sentence synopsis?

nika01

Quote from: Surmo on June 04, 2015, 09:28:28 PM
I have 75 pages of this thread to read, but I must know now - What caused "The Fight?" Is anyone willing to give a two sentence synopsis?

alcohol

Catsmile

Quote from: Surmo on June 04, 2015, 09:28:28 PM

That time of the month.
PMS.