• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

lonevoice

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 01:55:15 PM
dolphins are sensual creatures with needs too
It's true!  And they are not to be judged if sometimes their compulsions are interspecies.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 03, 2015, 01:55:36 PM
I felt something of the opposite. Once he showed up, the whole vibe of the show changed to something sort of awful. I still feel awful, and it think it was -- pate or chefist or I'm not sure -- who mentioned the sort of slime feeling that seemed thick. And then MV left quickly, which felt very appropriate.

yup...it was me...need a slime reference, I'm your guy!

nbirnes

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:53:19 PM
the neck towel is to protect you from the arab predisposition to neck slashing.

Yeah, see that? That's funny. Because it's not supposed to be. Thus: funny. There's a given for you right there.

coaster

It smells like a brewery in here.

nika01

Quote from: munbeam666 on June 03, 2015, 01:38:26 PM
Talk about low rent

This was right below the story of the dating service. Coincidence, hell no.

lonevoice

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 01:56:02 PM
I hear ya...seems only Paladin got my reference to "The Deer Hunter"...less Vodka next time for me...
Maybe time for this one again..

Speaking of slime, I did not need to know that Dave isn't an extraterrestrial, he's an extratesticular.

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 01:56:02 PM
I hear ya...seems only Paladin got my reference to "The Deer Hunter"...less Vodka next time for me...

You should repeat the joke. There was tittering between the lines on the rapidly moving chat and I do believe we should all know Deer Hunter references. Especially those of us too chicken to watch the movie but interested in the message of it.

chinaclipper

Quote from: coaster on June 03, 2015, 02:00:06 PM
It smells like a brewery in here.

well ive been trying real hard to clean up a bit.  but, I am NOT touching that mess in the corner!

onan

I dunno, I didn't lose a minute of sleep. It's a forum and a podcast. Things get heated, but no one is planning harm on anyone else. I think several people here are unfamiliar with noory tactics. Hell, I don't think he understands the mechanism himself. Everyone wants to be the nice guy. But some remember past events and are more easily provoked to be confrontational. Noory whether aware or not gets the advantage of those that want things to be nice and those people become upset by those that are more vocal.

Make no mistake, noory is a master at splitting fans of Art, especially those that are part of a larger group that holds noory in some level of contempt.

PathoJen

I felt something of the opposite. Once he showed up, the whole vibe of the show changed to something sort of awful. I still feel awful, and it think it was -- pate or chefist or I'm not sure -- who mentioned the sort of slime feeling that seemed thick. And then MV left quickly, which felt very appropriate.
A thick, greasy feeling in the air, as if a contrail was just released. (or is it chemtrail?) I do agree with you, so I certainly wouldn't say we feel opposite of each other. Perhaps I'm not as good at articulating my thoughts as I thought I was. I just meant, he seems like a nice guy, accessible, down to earth, misunderstood, etc., but then when Nooryisawesome called in he changed. He became the man who I think he likely is behind the scenes.

nbirnes

Quote from: lonevoice on June 03, 2015, 02:01:21 PM
Maybe time for this one again..

Speaking of slime, I did not need to know that Dave isn't an extraterrestial, he's an extratesticular.

That's it! The bubbling source of the slime. The horror.

Edited: these words should not be below Art's cool meme. Remember: check the context.

nbirnes

Quote from: PathoJen on June 03, 2015, 02:03:45 PM
A thick, greasy feeling in the air, as if a contrail was just released. (or is it chemtrail?) I do agree with you, so I certainly wouldn't say we feel opposite of each other. Perhaps I'm not as good at articulating my thoughts as I thought I was. I just meant, he seems like a nice guy, accessible, down to earth, misunderstood, etc., but then when Nooryisawesome called in he changed. He became the man who I think he likely is behind the scenes.

Yeah. That's it. And both are sides of the same acting job. If you can fake sincerity, you're halfway there. But then, you're also nowhere.

popple

I just sent off some emails to the folks at CKNW980 notifying them that MITD is taking on affiliates.

I also noticed they spelled Dave's name wrong on their wikipedia page. Someone should fix that  :P

QuoteCKNW also airs the syndicated program Coast to Coast with George Nory from 10 PM to 5 AM and on the weekends with Ted Radio Hour.

smithy

I was one of the 191 listeners last night. We were have dinner when the "fag" word popped up. My kid was sent home from school for saying that word (we didn't know where he picked it up from.)  When Noory arrived and the f-bombs came, my son got up from the table and went to his room. I turned the show volume down.

The next time I am taken in by Dave is when he announces he's quitting the business. He was pretty smart to threaten libel just to get MV's attention and get free air time with the bellgab audience. Did the program set any records for listeners?

lonevoice

Holy catz, top right corner!  Thank you, mystery top right cornering person.

nextgen.fm

i love how he calls after the donation threat  :D

onan

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 02:13:22 PM
i love how he calls after the donation threat  :D

He was never going to call in and let people go at him for more than 10 to 15 minutes.

Faking sincerity is how a lot of people make their way up the corporate ladder.  Fake it 'til you make it.  The "nice guy" act does seem to be a smokescreen for a very narcissistic personality.  He lives for public appearances where listeners get to tell him what a swell guy he is and applaud his karaoke attempts, and his photoshopped face is just plastered all over the C2C website, social media, and even merchandise.  So much for Art's old classy Trek-inspired website, the current C2C website bears no resemblance to that.

coaster

Quote from: smithy on June 03, 2015, 02:12:21 PM
I was one of the 191 listeners last night. We were have dinner when the "fag" word popped up. My kid was sent home from school for saying that word (we didn't know where he picked it up from.)  When Noory arrived and the f-bombs came, my son got up from the table and went to his room. I turned the show volume down.

The f-bomb call was akin to an angsty teenager grabbing the phone out of your hand and screaming expletives into it. I know the word fuck has its place, but that call was just stupid and not needed.
Meanwhile, Noory did say there will be no lawsuit or sabotage. I figure that was a pretty good outcome, and I hope he sticks to his promises. I just want to hear Art damnit.

nextgen.fm

"I pick the most opportune times to do what I do"

Art Bell

I guess I should say again that EXCEPT for the Nasty stuff he seems to do when I come on, there is indeed room for both shows. We do Radio that is not the same. I tend to lean more on science and the Paranormal though I might do anything.

If Dave will restrain himself from coming after me I will not act, however I am not the turn the other cheek guy and if struck will strike back. I guess that makes me a do unto others after they do onto you person.

Art

Dateline

MV sure knows how to strike a pose on an avatar.  It is just something about the angle of his pits.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: smithy on June 03, 2015, 02:12:21 PM
I was one of the 191 listeners last night.

199, sir.  199.  I think that is a record for us.

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 03, 2015, 02:23:05 PM
If Dave will restrain himself from coming after me I will not act, however I am not the turn the other cheek guy and if struck will strike back. I guess that makes me a do unto others after they do onto you person.

Art

I say keep the honest man honest...Keep things close to the vest as you have been Art...you probably won't hear much from Dave I bet...

Quote from: coaster on June 03, 2015, 02:18:26 PM
The f-bomb call was akin to an angsty teenager grabbing the phone out of your hand and screaming expletives into it. I know the word fuck has its place, but that call was just stupid and not needed.
Meanwhile, Noory did say there will be no lawsuit or sabotage. I figure that was a pretty good outcome, and I hope he sticks to his promises. I just want to hear Art damnit.

You realize I was just trolling Noory. I wasn't even angry, it was performance art. Noory's reaction was hilarious, nice guy Noory got very angry. The real Noory came out.

Also since you listen to the gabcast you will know f bombs are mild indeed for that show. It's not as if I asked him if he takes his blowjobs with mayo as other host of the show have asked people.

coaster

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 02:26:54 PM
199, sir.  199.  I think that is a record for us.
well done.

Quote from: lonevoice on June 03, 2015, 01:56:57 PM
It's true!  And they are not to be judged if sometimes their compulsions are interspecies.
I saw that video. It was awesome.

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on June 03, 2015, 01:42:55 PM
...I remember when someone quit Bellgab over me posting a gif of a humping dolphin.  *shrug*
Ha!  I remember that.  That was before SciFi's big break-up with Dave.  We had class back then. ;)

lasertron

Quote from: Art Bell on June 03, 2015, 02:23:05 PM
I guess I should say again that EXCEPT for the Nasty stuff he seems to do when I come on, there is indeed room for both shows. We do Radio that is not the same. I tend to lean more on science and the Paranormal though I might do anything.

Art

Please no shows about turmeric

paladin1991

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on June 03, 2015, 10:42:27 AM
Which is funny because iirc that particular station no longer carries the live Coast show on Saturday night, but puts it on a two-hour delay.
Right.  Last time I checked.  It was Syrett hosting on those nights.  Not NOory.