• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

pyewacket

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 03, 2015, 01:14:55 PM
I just have to say....I listened to the recording of GabCast with George on and, well....I was just a bit shocked. George is right...that's a lot of hate.

That's why I stayed quiet. I don't hate George and good for him for calling the show. I just wish that George would mind his own show and projects. I hang on every post from Art- because I'm so happy he'll be back on the air. I want to focus on the positive nature of Art's new show. I don't respect people who undermine others. I missed the first round with the Sirius mess, but from what I've read here, it seems that George and his minions only show up when Art is active. There's room for more than one show. George has his following and Art has his own. Come on July 19th and 20th! :)

munbeam666

Quote from: FortRock on June 03, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
HELP ME, DAVE TWINKLETOES JUST MADE ME NAUSEOUS WITH A PROMOTION OF HIS!!

OLE' TURMERIC BREATH IS AT IT AGAIN WITH ONE OF HIS SHAMELESS PROMOTIONS OF HIS
HAVE YOU HEARD THAT PARANORMAL'S MR. HEFNER IS BACKING A COMPUTER DATING SERVICE
CALLED "PARANORMAL DATE"? YES, A COMPUTER DATING SITE FOR ENTHUSIASTS OF THE
PARANORMAL! TALK ABOUT CLASSLESSNESS AND TACKINESS. THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL
WOULD NOT BACK SUCH A SITE! COME ON JULY 20TH, WE NEED ART BELL! THIS PROMOTION
HAS NOW BECOME A REPORTED NEWS ITEM ON HUFFINGTON POST:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/george-noory-paranormal-date_n_7455236.html
Talk about low rent

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jerry on June 03, 2015, 01:18:01 PM
Hey MV, people keep saying your avatar is disturbing.  I think it would be MUCH more disturbing if the head on Coaster's was imposed upon yours!  Even the tilt is just about right :)

well hell... somebody make it happen!

bateman

Well I was personally offended when MV hung up on Maryanne.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2015, 01:38:59 PM

maryanne is a cunt.

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:40:24 PM
maryanne is a cunt.

MARYANNE RHINESMITH IS A SAINT

Art Bell

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 12:10:57 PM
Love is a good thing even when it is vague. Goodbye BellGab, and please be kind too each other.

This is the post I was talking about, pretty much what people say when voted off.

I have not read enough to know what this is all about, I think somebody cussing or not cussing? Or maybe MVs Sexual preferences? Or Dave's Paranormal dating service?

onan

Crap, I missed some things. You're all fags. I'm a fag. Fag, fag, fag, Fageddy fagfag. If I didn't offend you, you're still a fag.

lonevoice

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2015, 01:38:59 PM
Yeah, me too.  It's not nice to hang up on an elderly cat lady.

I remember when someone quit Bellgab over me posting a gif of a humping dolphin.  *shrug*

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 03, 2015, 01:42:00 PM
This is the post I was talking about, pretty much what people say when voted off.

I have not read enough to know what this is all about, I think somebody cussing or not cussing? Or maybe MVs Sexual preferences? Or Dave's Paranormal dating service?

Pretty good summary, Art...MV, does your family know the real truth of those "preferences"...

bateman

Both. They've got into business together to create gayghosthunt.com, which sounds like a lot of fun really.

MV/Liberace!

Or maybe MVs Sexual preferences?

they're more like compulsions than preferences.  to be clear.

PathoJen

Quote from: lonevoice on June 03, 2015, 01:36:07 PM
Nick, I sincerely hope you’ll take a bit of time and reconsider voting yourself off the island.  I’ve appreciated the many contributions you’ve made to this forum, and your posts often make me laugh out loud.   You’re a well-liked Bellgabber, and it would be sad to lose your voice on this ride. 

Words mean things, except when they don’t, and the word that offended you is one of those without meaning in the context in which it was used.  I think you know that.  Everyone’s sense of humor is different too.  There’s a fair amount of humor on this board that revolves around guys making innuendos about each other’s sexual orientation.   There’s a fair amount of bathroom humor and autoerotic humor as well.  Personally, it's not funny to me; not because I find it insulting or offensive, it simply doesn’t float my boat.  However, it’s ridiculously easy to step around it or ignore it, especially since a lot of the posters I otherwise enjoy seem to like it.   

Maybe just take a break and we’ll save a seat for you when you come back?
That's a great, feel good post! Thank you Lonevoice. You are right, it is just a word, and the usage of it was not meant to offend Nick or anyone else.

PathoJen

Gotcha Art.  8)

The General

Quote from: onan on June 03, 2015, 01:42:31 PM
Crap, I missed some things. You're all fags. I'm a fag. Fag, fag, fag, Fageddy fagfag. If I didn't offend you, you're still a fag.

Ah Onan.
Always the sensible voice in the room.

By the way, sorry I was so inarticulate in my call last night to the Gabcast that you guys thought I was saying Onan shouldn't involve himself in Bellgab at all... obviously I meant George, and I was agreeing with Onan when he said pretty much the same thing.  I got hung up on before I could straighten that out, but I think you guys came to the right conclusion without me anyway.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 01:43:41 PM
Pretty good summary, Art...MV, does your family know the real truth of those "preferences"...

I told them my subscription to Black Meat Magazine was a business expense.

Khameleon808

Im more offended that George hinted that he had six balls toward the end of the show by saying he had 3 pair.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2015, 01:47:30 PM
Ah Onan.
Always the sensible voice in the room.

By the way, sorry I was so inarticulate in my call last night to the Gabcast that you guys thought I was saying Onan shouldn't involve himself in Bellgab at all... obviously I meant George, and I was agreeing with Onan when he said pretty much the same thing.  I got hung up on before I could straighten that out, but I think you guys came to the right conclusion without me anyway.

i swear to god i'm not joking when i ask this... you called the show last night?

PathoJen

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 03, 2015, 01:14:55 PM
I just have to say....I listened to the recording of GabCast with George on and, well....I was just a bit shocked. George is right...that's a lot of hate.
Yea, I'm conflicted about this, and how much hate energy Noory really does deserve. I just don't trust the guy, therefore, I'm not buying his claims of "supporting Art" etc. I'm also not going to expend too much energy on hating him either.

The General

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
i swear to god i'm not joking when i ask this... you called the show last night?
Yes, the Gabcast.  It didn't go so well.  I think we were both drinking.

nbirnes

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:13:14 PM
usually DFS removes them due to the cigarette burns before it comes to that.

Context. Is funny. lol. Now, about the neck towel. Since I know it's a funny, I first thought it was a reference to Douglas Adams, since everyone is advised to have a towel at hand at all times. But then, maybe it was a reference to some kind of violence? And then surely we could use a laff?

Maybe you should explain it?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 03, 2015, 01:51:55 PM
Context. Is funny. lol. Now, about the neck towel. Since I know it's a funny, I first thought it was a reference to Douglas Adams, since everyone is advised to have a towel at hand at all times. But then, maybe it was a reference to some kind of violence? And then surely we could use a laff?

Maybe you should explain it?

the neck towel is to protect you from the arab predisposition to neck slashing.

nextgen.fm

allright i must listen to the nighthawk segment again

Art Bell

Well if what he is giving me is support, I would state without reservation that I would prefer to be ignored.

Art

nextgen.fm

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:53:19 PM

i know i got it  so you think he didn't get the joke? lol

maybe he thought about it later that night over a turkee sammich

lonevoice

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:53:19 PM
Same reason the Marines are called leathernecks

nextgen.fm

Quote from: lonevoice on June 03, 2015, 01:42:55 PM
Yeah, me too.  It's not nice to hang up on an elderly cat lady.

I remember when someone quit Bellgab over me posting a gif of a humping dolphin.  *shrug*

dolphins are sensual creatures with needs too

nbirnes

Quote from: PathoJen on June 03, 2015, 01:49:17 PM
Yea, I'm conflicted about this, and how much hate energy Noory really does deserve. I just don't trust the guy, therefore, I'm not buying his claims of "supporting Art" etc. I'm also not going to expend too much energy on hating him either.

I felt something of the opposite. Once he showed up, the whole vibe of the show changed to something sort of awful. I still feel awful, and it think it was -- pate or chefist or I'm not sure -- who mentioned the sort of slime feeling that seemed thick. And then MV left quickly, which felt very appropriate.

chefist

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2015, 01:50:35 PM
Yes, the Gabcast.  It didn't go so well.  I think we were both drinking.

I hear ya...seems only Paladin got my reference to "The Deer Hunter"...less Vodka next time for me...

albrecht

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 01:55:15 PM
dolphins are sensual creatures with needs too
if they had hands they would be smarter than us!