• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PaulAtreides

Quote from: LouSheehan on June 02, 2015, 12:28:03 PM
I'm new to the forum: who is this 'Dave'?

<whispering into your ear> "Don't answer that."

Quote from: ks3484 on June 02, 2015, 06:45:36 AM

From the information that I've been able to garner about the suits used, the helmet's protective visors, and the modules themselves, is that a very, very small amounts of gold was used on some of the clothing and the modules to regulate exposure to heat primarily, and radiation exposure was more, or less, a secondary consideration. So they really spent very little man or brain power on that subject matter. But now they have to show their hand, and admit that no known human has ever successfully traversed the radiation fields of outerspace ... the Van Allen Belts or Cosmic radiation.

• SPACE.com: All about our solar system, outer space and exploration

• NASA's Radiation Storm Belt Probes mission will study Earth's radiation belts, the Van Allen Belts, like never before.

You are making it really hard to ignore your posts.

morgana213

Quote from: MV on June 02, 2015, 11:25:40 AM
if art calls in tonight while george is on, i'll promise free cookies and milk for all of bellgab.
can we have white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies?  That would be so good.   

Quote from: NIN on June 02, 2015, 07:01:57 AM
This is just my opinion since dave wants to threaten lawsuits and shit.

I would like to know how many normal people would agree with me that in order to be a country that stands for equality shouldnt it be a rule or law that if you want to be a lawyer you should know every single law that is on the books? Wouldnt that be fair?

Just think how many lawyers would have to go get an honest job like picking potatoes if we passed a law stating that. I did a google search and it seems no one knows exactly how many laws their truly are.

Given that law is mostly based on precedent, that would be a very tall order.

Quote from: morgana213 on June 02, 2015, 01:18:02 PM
can we have white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies?  That would be so good.

I second that!  Best cookies in the world!

Bounder

NIN, not a bad impulse, just a tough thing to test for.

lonevoice

Quote from: Art Bell on June 02, 2015, 12:18:03 PM
I am sure this will be Mr. Nice guy v4.2, no I will not rise to the bait. I will see you all on July 20th.

Art
I agree with the posters who said that Dave is trying to goad you into calling the gabcast and violating your NC.  But, I hope you won't let that keep you from having fun on Bellgab, or in the chat room.  It would be fun to have you join in the festivities tonight, where many Bellgabbers will be found pointing and laughing at the Noorie.   You could just post "LOL" whenever the mood strikes you and we'd get what you mean.

Quote from: Juan on June 02, 2015, 09:44:56 AM
Just a reminder that [Premrat] paralegals are regulated by the Texas Bar Association....

Why isn't that a surprise?

Quote from: Morrigu on June 02, 2015, 10:52:27 AM
You know - interpersonal communication classes and professionalism classes would be really useful for that whole team.

Indeed.

Art Bell

Quote from: lonevoice on June 02, 2015, 01:25:22 PM
I agree with the posters who said that Dave is trying to goad you into calling the gabcast and violating your NC.  But, I hope you won't let that keep you from having fun on Bellgab, or in the chat room.  It would be fun to have you join in the festivities tonight, where many Bellgabbers will be found pointing and laughing at the Noorie.   You could just post "LOL" whenever the mood strikes you and we'd get what you mean.

Of course, I am a Bell Gabber, for a long time now.

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 02, 2015, 01:32:05 PM

Art

ART! Will the test show on the 19th be the full 3 hours?

aldousburbank

Art
Top Right Corner Thingy Alert!!!

FortRock

Quote from: coaster on June 02, 2015, 12:32:43 PM
Noory is a complete waste of time. He is a weasel.

WEASLES ARE INSULTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art Bell

Quote from: chefist on June 02, 2015, 01:33:56 PM
ART! Will the test show on the 19th be the full 3 hours?

No idea, again it's just a test to take a few calls and make sure the machines click and clack as they should. I doubt that will take 3 Hours but who knows.

Art

I find it ironic this new libel claim is happening now as the George Noory thread is slowly dying apart from a handful of die-hard posters such as myself.  Major Ed Damian had put a spark of life into it for awhile but has since moved on.  Yet, now that George and his team are threatening action, you can bet the George Noory thread will get a new lease on life.

Wasn't it immediately prior to Art's premiering Dark Matter that MV last got a message threatening libel?

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 02, 2015, 01:42:59 PM
No idea, again it's just a test to take a few calls and make sure the machines click and clack as they should. I doubt that will take 3 Hours but who knows.

Art

Can't wait Art! Everyone not named Dave or Tommie is excited!

PathoJen

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 02, 2015, 01:03:09 PM
PathoJen, your avatar, it makes me...
uncomfortable
Good. :)

lonevoice

Art
Of course.   :)

munbeam666

Quote from: FortRock on June 02, 2015, 01:41:40 PM
Dave is more like a cockroach

Quote from: bateman on June 02, 2015, 01:05:56 PM
Hoagland also didn't make a return to C2C until I announced I was having him on the following weekend. All of a sudden he reappears on a Thursday night.

I also got an email (ostensibly from a listener) asking if I post a list of upcoming guests anywhere. No Lisa, I don't.

Do you recall the time the booked the exam same guest as you?

That was hilarious

bateman

Quote from: FortRock on June 02, 2015, 01:41:40 PM

FortRock, you should really call in to the GabCast sometime.

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 02, 2015, 01:54:41 PM
Do you recall the time the booked the exam same guest as you?

That was hilarious

James Carman if I remember correctly. Yeah that was another one.

Quote from: munbeam666 on June 02, 2015, 01:54:02 PM
Dave is more like a cockroach

Cockroaches are insulted.

So long as we are talking about lawsuits, let's consider that George regularly introduces guests using fraudulent or misleading titles.  For instance, Mike Bara has been introduced as an Engineer or more recently as an Engineering Consultant.  Mike Bara studied engineering for a year and then moved on to become an AutoCAD draftsman for Boeing.  As someone who has studied engineering, I can tell you 1) the first year of engineering is really not much more than an intensive review of senior high school academic courses, 2) it takes a lot more than an undergraduate degree (which Bara does not have) to qualify as a professional engineer, and 3) that professional engineering associations take it very seriously when someone who does not belong to such an organization uses the title 'engineer.'

Now, that's a minor example but this sort of thing goes on all the time:  Noory using academic titles for people who went to unaccredited or mail-order institutions; Noory calling people doctors of physics who really only had a minor in physics at the undergraduate level and got their doctorate in writing or something similar; Noory using 'doctor' to imply a guest is a medical doctor when really they are a veterinarian or doctor of alternative medicine.

This sort of thing goes on night after night.  I'm sure the guests supply their titles, but a reasonable program director would, at minimum, do a five minute internet search to vet these titles.

This is just one example of the fraud on C2C, a program which Noory says reaches millions, a program which bills its opening segment as a legitimate source for news and the remainder as alternative news 'you can't get anywhere else', and a program which has no disclaimers about being for entertainment only.

Now, Mr. Noory, do you still wish to talk about lawsuits?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 02, 2015, 01:46:40 PM
I find it ironic this new libel claim is happening now as the George Noory thread is slowly dying apart from a handful of die-hard posters such as myself.  Major Ed Damian had put a spark of life into it for awhile but has since moved on.  Yet, now that George and his team are threatening action, you can bet the George Noory thread will get a new lease on life.

Wasn't it immediately prior to Art's premiering Dark Matter that MV last got a message threatening libel?

He's just poking a wasp's nest.  I don't know why he was so naïve as to have engaged this forum to begin with.  Maybe the critical commentary available here is stimulating.

The only thing he may have accomplished was whatever prompted the renaming of the forum and whatever stopped Google from displaying George Noory Sucks at the top of the results.

gabrielle

I'd love to hear a rendition of "I did it my way"..... ;)

ItsOver

Art

My new closing salutation, I AM A BELL GABBER. 

I can't even imagine the real-life comedy any trial involving Geeorge and PremRat would become.

The Honorable Presiding Judge:  "So, exactly who is "Dave?""

The PremRat legal counsel:  "Well, your honor, it goes like this....  <the legal weasel goes through the entire story, in it's complete hilarity.>"  And that's pretty much the story, your honor.

The Honorable Presiding Judge, after 15 minutes of uncontrollable laughter and crying: "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to declare myself in contempt of court and throw this entire case down a rat hole.  That will be all, Mr. Dave Noorie. Har, har, har....

I AM A BELL GABBER

popple

Art

And for a long time to come!

BTW I'm gonna send some emails out to my local stations in B.C & see if they'd be interested in MITD.

coaster

Art
You rock, Art.

nbirnes

Quote from: LouSheehan on June 02, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
5. Giving Jimmy church hosting spots on C2C until he was off DMRN then never getting a hosting spot again. According to Noory this purely a coincidence.

There are plenty more.

Ooooohhhhh.  I hadn't learned to be THAT cynical.  Based on an overheard conversation at CITD, J.C. plans (but that doesn't necessarily mean it will really happen) to interview Dave for 2 hours on J.C.'s show.  Let's see if it comes off.  If not, my cynicism will be heightened. [OK, OK.  It was JC I overheard.]

You have lots more info to spill from that conference. This is the place where every detail, no mater how small, should be illuminated. Tell more?