Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Do you suffer from Periscope envy?

Please join today.

www.periscope.tv

Stop punishing yourself.

Quote from: lonevoice on May 30, 2015, 05:29:09 PM
Sweet!

Is Art going to the Contact in the Desert event to hand out flyers?  What will Dave do?  Will Chooch get the news from his kiddie table back by the men's room?  Stay tuned...
...For the next episode of Paranormal Soap.

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 30, 2015, 05:19:24 PM
That sounds like an excellent aspect to me.

You godless Luddite. I bet you make your own clothes, too.

Not clothes, soap.
If you continue with this insulting line of inquiry, I'll make soap out of you!  :P

onan

Quote from: eddie dean on May 30, 2015, 05:42:45 PM
Not clothes, soap.
If you continue with this insulting line of inquiry, I'll make soap out of you!  :P

Ashes and animal fat... that was all we had, and we loved it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on May 30, 2015, 05:48:05 PM

And we were thankful.

WOTR

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 10:24:53 PM
If they do, I'd prefer you not make mention of it here.  It would be in direct competition with numerous Vandeven Enterprises product lines.
Maybe so, but it would perfectly compliment a few of Taintco's products...

You used ashes and animal fat. Don't you wish everyone did?

serenity

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 30, 2015, 05:50:06 PM
And we were thankful.

( in an English accent ) Please sir, can oy have some more?

WOTR

Quote from: NIN on May 30, 2015, 04:25:36 PM
LMAO. Im on the very first page of this thread !!  Im old!!
Somewhere around page 10 MV tells a story of his first contact with Art... and very quickly it falls into place why Art likes this place.  Great sense of humour and needling somebody just a little for fun...

***Edit- I just went looking for it and cannot find it... Maybe a different thread?

Sabu2K

Just dl'ed Periscope. Had no idea what it was. Very cool.

jazmunda

Those periscope videos are pretty cool. Wanna take a ride with Art? Hell yeah.

I love how Art listens to his bumper music in the car. ;D

Art you need to use Periscope during the show. You can edit out the nose picking in post. Butt scratchings can remain.

eddie dean

Ahhh,  Nothing smells more like Christmas at the homestead, than a giant vat of rendered animal fat simmering on the wood stove....
:'( {/wipes away a  tear in fond rememberence}

Ugh, don't like it when apps require you to get a social media account to sign in to their service.  Nobody's dragging me into the 21st century, not even kicking and screaming. 8)

Lilith

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
Anybody here use Periscope?  Art just did two live broadcasts from the road headed to Las Vegas.

It works through Twitter, follow this account: https://twitter.com/ArtBell51

Even if you don't have Periscope downloaded you can still watch if you're on Twitter, have it notify you when Art tweets from there then follow the Periscope link and it takes you to the website to view the live feed.

If you have a phone just download the app and follow that account.  The broadcasts are archived for only 24 hours on the website.

THANK YOU !!! Will check out Periscope and try to catch Art :D.....and er......um........maybe open my twitter back up ....

Cwn Annwn

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 30, 2015, 06:17:44 PM
Ugh, don't like it when apps require you to get a social media account to sign in to their service.  Nobody's dragging me into the 21st century, not even kicking and screaming. 8)

I'm with you! I don't have any of that crap and I'm not about to get it... even if that's the only way to get an early peek at Art.

(Also, I don't even own a device that can use "apps"...)

gabrielle

Maybe Art should have a drone  equipped with video-cam fly around the studio and surrounding area during the show in case he catches sight of any cool vermin or fur bearing animals that he can share with us.

K_Dubb

Quote from: gabrielle on May 30, 2015, 06:25:03 PM
Maybe Art should have a drone  equipped with video-cam fly around the studio and surrounding area during the show in case he catches sight of any cool vermin or fur bearing animals that he can share with us.

Yes!  Chupacabra cam

gabrielle

The cam bot could locate any kind of intruder 8)

Kolchak

Those Periscope broadcasts were a very pleasant surprise. I think it'd be a great platform for a little studio setup tour.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 30, 2015, 06:29:40 PM
Yes!  Chupacabra cam
I wonder if any drones will be calling into MITD.  No, not the Davebots.  These:

serenity

Keith is live on periscope from mesa if the damn video will ever load lol

Never mind

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on May 30, 2015, 06:46:36 PM
I wonder if any drones will be calling into MITD.  No, not the Davebots.  These:

If any did, this is the last thing they would see

Lilith

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
Anybody here use Periscope?  Art just did two live broadcasts from the road headed to Las Vegas.

Re setup Twitter, got Periscope app.  *surprised I got that done with no boo boo's*  lol's  Just watched it.......sure did make me smile :D

Juan

Quote from: Cwn Annwn on May 30, 2015, 06:21:38 PM
I'm with you! I don't have any of that crap and I'm not about to get it... even if that's the only way to get an early peek at Art.

(Also, I don't even own a device that can use "apps"...)
Amen.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on May 30, 2015, 06:46:36 PM

This is better -- on drone cam

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on May 30, 2015, 11:07:27 AM
Tonight on http://ksyl.com Art Bell Somewhere in Time from 12-11-98 with Glen Kimball. Starts at 8:00pm central. They have a stream on site or on Tunein.

Listening now...Thank You :)

PING

Quote from: alger on May 30, 2015, 09:46:32 AM
I don't understand why people want Art back?  He had a good run for a time but the genre is as boring as George Noory  He must be 75 years old and he's certainly been exposed as a bad parent to say the least. He has always employed the same interviewing stye as Jorche. Talk over the guest.  I bet old "Long John Neville" shows would be more interesting than the stuff Art or C2C do now.

Go Church yourself

Something awful happened tonight: on my way home I turned on a channel that usually has SiT on.  They were replaying a sNoory broadcast.

I had to wait until I got closer to another station to hear Art!

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 30, 2015, 07:09:55 PM
If any did, this is the last thing they would see
Ha! Calling in... not targeting. ;)