• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

serenity

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 30, 2015, 02:01:18 PM
We must, therefore, live it right up to the hilt.

"May we never go to Hell, but may we always be on the way" Salute'

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 30, 2015, 02:01:18 PM
We must, therefore, live it right up to the hilt.

Answering anyone's query as to why I dig (Redacted).

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 30, 2015, 02:09:40 PM
Answering anyone's query as to why I dig (Redacted).

I feel my Dungeons and Dragons question was answered by this as well.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 30, 2015, 02:14:56 PM
I feel my Dungeons and Dragons question was answered by this as well.

Because that's how you yourself rolls, good sir. That's how you roll.

heater

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 30, 2015, 12:52:45 PM
Fantastic. I was hoping there were more of us than just sydtron and I.

When is the Indy BellGab Meetup?

coaster

Quote from: alger on May 30, 2015, 09:46:32 AM
I don't understand why people want Art back?  He had a good run for a time but the genre is as boring as George Noory  He must be 75 years old and he's certainly been exposed as a bad parent to say the least. He has always employed the same interviewing stye as Jorche. Talk over the guest.  I bet old "Long John Neville" shows would be more interesting than the stuff Art or C2C do now.
Hi Noory.

morgana213

Quote from: themudking on May 30, 2015, 10:42:24 AM
Muncie, IN stands with you sydtron.  Our claim to fame is we are the home of The Michael Vandeven Fan Club.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 30, 2015, 11:42:15 AM
Another Hoosier, huh?!? I'm in Indianapolis, and we don't even have that big of a claim. We just get stuck with being known as the home of David Letterman.

Hey you two!  I'm from Muncie, IN. I moved to Florida after graduating college, but I'm still a Hoosier at heart.  Here's to Hoosier's who love Art Bell!    8)

sydtron

Quote from: themudking on May 30, 2015, 10:42:24 AM
Muncie, IN stands with you sydtron.  Our claim to fame is we are the home of The Michael Vandeven Fan Club.
Thats awsome Curtis! I didnt know Muncie had whorehouses also!. Lol

Wonder how many hoosiers we have on here? 

sydtron

Also. I think the Sun King brewery is a perfect meet up place! 

Zenman

I don't understand why people want Art back?  He had a good run for a time but the genre is as boring as George Noory  He must be 75 years old and he's certainly been exposed as a bad parent to say the least. He has always employed the same interviewing stye as Jorche. Talk over the guest.  I bet old "Long John Neville" shows would be more interesting than the stuff Art or C2C do now.

Damn, I'm too late. You're already shredded.

Toxic Fluid

My guess is the aliens will visit Earth more often for no other reason than to catch the latest Art Bell show.
Sightings will multiply.  Look for them weekday evenings.  :)

Anybody here use Periscope?  Art just did two live broadcasts from the road headed to Las Vegas.

It works through Twitter, follow this account: https://twitter.com/ArtBell51

Even if you don't have Periscope downloaded you can still watch if you're on Twitter, have it notify you when Art tweets from there then follow the Periscope link and it takes you to the website to view the live feed.

If you have a phone just download the app and follow that account.  The broadcasts are archived for only 24 hours on the website.

dungiven

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
Anybody here use Periscope?  Art just did two live broadcasts from the road headed to Las Vegas.

Even if you don't have Periscope downloaded you can still watch if you're on Twitter, have it notify you when Art tweets from there then follow the Periscope link and it takes you to the website to view the live feed.

If you have a phone just download the app and follow that account.  The broadcasts are archived for only 24 hours on the website.
Damn, missed it by 24 minutes. MV sends a heads up PM when Gabcast is going to air...Come on Art!

Catops

I highly recommend checking out the periscope broadcasts!!

Queen

LMAO. Im on the very first page of this thread !!  Im old!!

If you have the app and follow him on Twitter you can watch the archives for up to 24 hrs.

If he comes on again I'll post the link here, you won't even need Twitter or Periscope to view it if you get the link while the broadcast is live.
You guys need to see this it was really special.

Daggit

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 04:26:20 PM
If you have the app and follow him on Twitter you can watch the archives for up to 24 hrs.

If he comes on again I'll post the link here, you won't even need Twitter or Periscope to view it if you get the link while the broadcast is live.
You guys need to see this it was really special.

I have periscope and I'm following Art but I missed the broadcast. I can't see anything that is archived. Was it more than 24 hours ago that the broadcast happened?

It was about an hour ago.  You need to follow Art in the Periscope app and the two videos should appear there.

eddie dean

I saw the tweet a few mins. after it was posted  on twitter & tried to dnld the app. Apparently Periscope isn't compatible with my 1.5 year old android tablet.
I'll try the link you suggested next time.

I missed the first one and caught the 2nd live.  They had the camera pointed out the window to the mountains in the distance, Airyn was reading off the locations people were typing in from where they were watching and whatever other comments people were making.  She turned the camera to Art in the driver's seat briefly.  All the while bumper type music was playing on the car stereo, I heard Air Supply and Toto's Africa, someone tried to request a song and Art turned them down lol.

nika01

Quote from: sydtron on May 30, 2015, 03:32:04 PM
Also. I think the Sun King brewery is a perfect meet up place!

Wee Mac

The broadcasts are archived for only 24 hours on the website.

That sounds like an excellent aspect to me.

Quote from: eddie dean on May 30, 2015, 04:57:13 PM
I saw the tweet a few mins. after it was posted  on twitter & tried to dnld the app. Apparently Periscope isn't compatible with my 1.5 year old android tablet.

Why you godless Luddite. You know electronics older than six months are pure CRAP!

(I bet you make your own clothes, too.)

bateman

These Periscope broadcasts are so cool. Literally taking a ride with Art.

Daggit

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 04:52:53 PM
It was about an hour ago.  You need to follow Art in the Periscope app and the two videos should appear there.

I'm doing that and no videos are coming up. Perhaps you need to be following them when the broadcast happens to see them and not start following them after.

bateman

Quote from: Daggit on May 30, 2015, 05:24:57 PM
I'm doing that and no videos are coming up. Perhaps you need to be following them when the broadcast happens to see them and not start following them after.

It should say 2 "recent" on the left side when you click on his profile. Click recent.

FortRock

NOTICE TO DAVE TWINKLETOES FROM THE SCORPION ARMY:

YES WE KNOW IT'S YOU, OR THAT HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME GUY WITH THE LAST NAME OF DANHUISER OR SOMETHING:
WHEN WE GET YOU ON STEWED PRUNES, WE'RE GOING TO ADD LOT'S OF HABANERO PEPPERS TO THE BATCH! WHY, WE ALL
WANT IT TO BURN ALL THE WAY TO THE BASEMENT OF THE DIGESTION SYSTEM! YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT NOW, BUT THE
PEOPLE HERE UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF ELIMINATION!

lonevoice

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
I missed the first one and caught the 2nd live.  They had the camera pointed out the window to the mountains in the distance, Airyn was reading off the locations people were typing in from where they were watching and whatever other comments people were making.  She turned the camera to Art in the driver's seat briefly.  All the while bumper type music was playing on the car stereo, I heard Air Supply and Toto's Africa, someone tried to request a song and Art turned them down lol.
Sweet!

Is Art going to the Contact in the Desert event to hand out flyers?  What will Dave do?  Will Chooch get the news from his kiddie table back by the men's room?  Stay tuned...

eddie dean

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 30, 2015, 05:05:51 PM

Sounds fun.
However, We need a full reporting! ;D
What kind of car were they driving? Color, make, model, & year
Was Art wearing:
Sun glasses, driving gloves?
Hat? baseball cap or fedora?
Was Asia in the backseat?
Come on, we need details!!   j/k ;D

Curious

Thanks Northern!  I'm new to Periscope.  So many possibilities... very kewl!

Daggit

Quote from: bateman on May 30, 2015, 05:26:49 PM
It should say 2 "recent" on the left side when you click on his profile. Click recent.

Thanks bateman. Found it. This is pretty cool.