• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 07:35:01 PM
Well now I have heard it and it sure sounds pathetic and desperate. I would steal some lines from Dave
but that would be petty theft.

Art
He almost sounds uncomfortable saying it.

chefist

Art, that would be simply something that stuck to your shoe while walking down the street!  :)

Aussie Dave

Well now I have heard it and it sure sounds pathetic and desperate. I would steal some lines from Dave

Art

Are you able to mumble and destroy the English language?

WOTR

Art
There just is not that much to choose from.  You could mispronounce February... or say "amashing" after every thought the guest completes.

In all honesty, I cannot think of a single, memorable phrase that Dave uses...

chefist

Quote from: wotr1 on April 24, 2015, 07:40:08 PM
There just is not that much to choose from.  You could mispronounce February... or say "amashing" after every thought the guest completes.

In all honesty, I cannot think of a single, memorable phrase that Dave uses...

I apologize...why "Dave"?

cosmic hobo

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 24, 2015, 06:42:17 PM
Found Jorch saying "Wanna take a ride?" on the 22/04/15 show at 1:55:16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfx3lv6gOYM

This is just too much. I can't believe he would do something like this. What a fraud! He couldn't even spit out that line properly.

WOTR

Quote from: chefist on April 24, 2015, 07:41:05 PM
I apologize...why "Dave"?
I keep saying we need a FAQ... The short version followed by the long...  Don't tell me that you have never heard of the famous host of Coast... Dave Noorie???
Quote from: wotr1 on April 07, 2015, 06:15:13 PM
Long story very short... A station manager had referred to George as being "Dave Noorie" in correspondence with a poster here and the name stuck.
Quote from: lonevoice on July 29, 2013, 02:13:30 PM
Already did.  :)

For background:  when it comes to AM news/talk format, my market has a Clear Channel owned blow torch and a locally-owned independent station.   We don't have a Cumulus station, but the local station has always carried some Cumulus content, as well as Hannity (which they lost to Clear Channel recently).  My thinking was that IF Art's announcement is that he's returning to broadcast radio, and IF Cumulus is the syndicator, the locally-owned station would have been approaced by Cumulus about carrying it, and might be lead into spilling some beans.

Here's the email I sent to their VP/GM:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.  I’m sorry to see that the local Clear Channel affiliate has taken Sean Hannity from you and given you the Dave Ramsey show in his time slot.  As a listener, I’d prefer to support your local station rather than Clear Channel.

My main question to you, since your station carries some Cumulus content such as Mark Levin, will you be picking up the new Cumulus-syndicated  Art Bell show?   If so, do you have any information as to what time slot it will occupy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the reply I got (emphasis mine):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point we look to keep Mark Levin on and I will check out the Art Bell return.  He was gone for awhile and I think Dave Noorie replaced him.

We were Sad to have Sean leave but that is sometimes what happens to small broadcasters vs the Big Guys of Clear Channel when they own all these shows they syndicate.

Thanks again for being a listener

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make of that what you will.   To me, it doesn't seem like the guy's being disingenuous that he's heard nothing from Cumulus regarding the possibility of syndicating an Art Bell show.   Still, his reference to Dave Noorie made my day.

cosmic hobo

Art

Art - no need for you to stoop to his pathetic level. Your talent speaks volumes over his talentless attempt at mimicry.

Morgus

Art
There isn't much original of Noory's to steal anyway, mostly you could only "steal" your own stuff like bumper music back...
I can only think of a few songs that are Noory's alone like his UFO-Phil Friday night sign-off music.  8)

Morgus

Quote from: sorefinger on April 24, 2015, 03:12:43 PM
More and more broadcasters are targeting not just smartphone audiences but also folks with cell phones that have unlimited talk minutes.  I have a friend who has a cell phone that he listens to talk on all the time. He just dials up a number to hook up to the stream.  That's something. No data plan required.
Keith Rowland has such a phone number already for listening to DMRN on any phone without data or internet - not as good audio quality as streaming though and for low/no cost you need a phone that doesn't have long distance charges like an unlimited talk cell phone.
Dial +1 (716)748-0111

twiki

Can you believe this Noory fellow? What a twat he is?

What is his deal with doing these things to Art? He should be kissing Art's feet. Prick.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: cosmic hobo on April 24, 2015, 07:42:44 PM
This is just too much. I can't believe he would do something like this. What a fraud! He couldn't even spit out that line properly.

LOL

It sounds so bad when he does it, like he is asking you if you'd like fries with your order...sorry JOrch...work on it  ;D

something george could never nail, he needs to work on his radio theatrics

Art Bell

This really is pretty low even for Dave, I think he can hear my footsteps.

Art

aldousburbank

Art
Absholootley!

WOTR

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 24, 2015, 07:39:50 PM
Are you able to mumble and destroy the English language?
Is that what language he is speaking mumbling? 

akwilly

Art are there guests that won't come on you're new show becouse they might feel kinda burned after you're abrupt departure from serius. Like linda howe? I felt that she kinda stuck her neck out to go on with you when she had a good gig going on with Jorch.

cylon

I am not very much liking George behaving like a infant. Is George the Dave people refer to? I do not listen to that station that play George show anymore. I need to work out a situation where I can be listening to Arts new show in my car when I be driving. Do anybody know the way to do that?

Catsmile

Quote from: Morgus on April 24, 2015, 07:46:08 PM
There isn't much original of Noory's to steal anyway, mostly you could only "steal" your own stuff like bumper music back...
I can only think of a few songs that are Noory's alone like his UFO-Phil Friday night sign-off music.  8)

Red Rubber Ball

Catsmile

Quote from: twiki on April 24, 2015, 07:53:23 PM
Can you believe this Noory fellow? What a twat he is?

What is his deal with doing these things to Art? He should be kissing Art's feet. Prick.

Oh! It's getting nasty in here!

ge30542

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 24, 2015, 07:54:54 PM
LOL

It sounds so bad when he does it, like he is asking you if you'd like fries with your order...sorry JOrch...work on it  ;D

something george could never nail, he needs to work on his radio theatrics
I'm screaming and WITHERING in agony on the floor.

ge30542

Quote from: Morgus on April 24, 2015, 07:46:08 PM

Careful Art, stealing your own stuff back. O J did that in Vegas at gunpoint, look where he is now.

Catsmile

To be fair Art did get "Wanna take a ride" from the movie Contact.
Art did make it his own though.
Dave co-opting the line smacks of his unoriginality and desperation.
RUN DAVE! RUN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et4sMJP9FmM   

Catsmile

Quote from: cylon on April 24, 2015, 08:04:56 PM
I am not very much liking George behaving like a infant. Is George the Dave people refer to? I do not listen to that station that play George show anymore. I need to work out a situation where I can be listening to Arts new show in my car when I be driving. Do anybody know the way to do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKHnccPrS20

Quote from: wotr1 on April 24, 2015, 06:04:16 PM
You have to know that he is doing this in the hopes of shaking Art.  Next he will ask if you wanna take a ride, play MITD for his opening music, some Nancy Sinatra and ABBA for bumpers while interviewing Oates and close by "thanking" Art once again.  It is all just part of the (somewhat sick) game.

Agreed.  He can hope it will work, but it won't.  Come on, July! 

cylon

Quote from: Catsmile on April 24, 2015, 08:22:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKHnccPrS20

Thanking you from the bottoms of my hearts. I afraid of my problem being the sucking data plan I am on. Does someone able to tell me how much data is made when listening to one show or even if it is just the one hour?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 07:57:49 PM
This really is pretty low even for Dave, I think he can hear my footsteps.

Art
Pretty normal behavior for Dave. He has no ethics.

Art Bell

I have always given the movie credit, it is and has been my all time favorite.

Art

Catsmile

Quote from: cylon on April 24, 2015, 08:27:02 PM
Thanking you from the bottoms of my hearts. I afraid of my problem being the sucking data plan I am on. Does someone able to tell me how much data is made when listening to one show or even if it is just the one hour?

Art said he will be streaming 48K, so this will apply to the situation.
http://www.quora.com/How-much-data-does-it-take-to-stream-music

EDIT: Also this.
http://www.internet-radio.com/servers/tools/bandwidth/

Art Bell

I honestly wonder why he does this sort of thing? As we get closer to July he will do yet more of it and he will get nasty as before but in my opinion it helps me and hurts him. His best bet would be to ignore me completly. Just not that smart I guess.

Art

pyewacket

Art- This just goes to show that:

1)  Dave still lives in your shadow
and

2) He and/or his staff monitor this site and appear to be on the defence

"Wanna take a ride?" has been mentioned here regularly in reference to your return and the rapport you have maintained and EARNED from your faithful fan base.

Art, you are more than a catch phrase and Dave and Co. know this, too. Dave can say it as often as he can but it will still sound wrong, stilted, and hollow coming from him. It doesn't fit him.

When he says, "Want to take a ride?"

I see this: