• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: phrodo on April 24, 2015, 12:00:06 PM
I hear Pied Piper has an industry leading new compression algorithm.

Not sure if they do streaming though - check 'em out. Might be good for storing the archives.

http://www.piedpiper.com/

raistlin

Quote from: phrodo on April 24, 2015, 12:13:02 PM
Not sure if they do streaming though - check 'em out.

http://www.piedpiper.com/

Fake, that's from an HBO show called "Silicon Valley".

phrodo

Quote from: raistlin on April 24, 2015, 12:14:29 PM
Fake, that's from an HBO show called "Silicon Valley".

;)  8)  :P

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 11:50:02 AM
Ok reminding you all we will have (2) streams available both 48kbps one will be 48HEAAC and one good old MP3. Your device will default to which ever it can handle. The AAC stream will sound every bit as good as 128 MP3.

I am still writing Ross Liners for the show.

All of you need to be aware that all of this depends on my Health, mainly my back but at my age one never knows. Please keep it in mind. What I want is the same thing you do but life has a way of making bad jokes.

Art

We will take whatever we can get, Art... and again your health is paramount. I have always wondered, and would be remiss if I didn't ask how much input you had for things like that on the old show?

cweb

"Streaming beneath the twilight, here's Art Bell..."
"As the night air creeps in, here's Art Bell..."
"In echoes across space and time, here's Art Bell..."
"As the currents of the night whisper untold truths, here's Art Bell..."

smithy

Ok reminding you all we will have (2) streams available both 48kbps one will be 48HEAAC and one good old MP3. Your device will default to which ever it can handle. The AAC stream will sound every bit as good as 128 MP3.

I am still writing Ross Liners for the show.

All of you need to be aware that all of this depends on my Health, mainly my back but at my age one never knows. Please keep it in mind. What I want is the same thing you do but life has a way of making bad jokes.

Art

Since you're the brains & talent behind this effort, you have a cast of characters who could fill various nights of the week if you think you can handle one night per week or month. You know the fans--we'd be glad to hear you again on occasion rather than not at all.

serenity

.....In that darkest time between Midnight and Dawn, From the high desert...It's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert On the Dark Matter Digital Network.

To talk to Art Call......

The "In that darkest time between midnight and dawn" bit I borrowed from my blog and weather page, But if you like it You have my blessing and Honor

http://aliendreams.ddns.net/blog

ks3484

• The Dark Knights Communications Network

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2015, 07:59:02 PM
i have to agree.  bacon is quite lovely.
Move to Cincinnati. Formerly known as Porkopolis. My favorite bar and grill serves a mean bacon infused burger.

Art,

Just do it like a "miniseries" or in "seasons". Maybe pick a topic for say 3 episodes with different guests and perspectives on it?  All I really want is one more great Ghost to Ghost/Spooky Matter episode for Halloween. Take your time and make a schedule the way you want. Feel better.

sorefinger

More and more broadcasters are targeting not just smartphone audiences but also folks with cell phones that have unlimited talk minutes.  I have a friend who has a cell phone that he listens to talk on all the time. He just dials up a number to hook up to the stream.  That's something. No data plan required.

Art Bell

Quote from: smithy on April 24, 2015, 12:45:15 PM
Since you're the brains & talent behind this effort, you have a cast of characters who could fill various nights of the week if you think you can handle one night per week or month. You know the fans--we'd be glad to hear you again on occasion rather than not at all.

What cast do you refer to?

Art

Art Bell

Quote from: serenity on April 24, 2015, 12:56:47 PM
.....In that darkest time between Midnight and Dawn, From the high desert...It's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert On the Dark Matter Digital Network.

To talk to Art Call......

The "In that darkest time between midnight and dawn" bit I borrowed from my blog and weather page, But if you like it You have my blessing and Honor

http://aliendreams.ddns.net/blog

Winner!

Danger!UFO

Congratulations serenity!  :)

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 03:27:11 PM
Winner!

I like that too. I'd tweak it to "In the darkest hour between Dusk and Dawn .... "

Covers your show time on west and east coast.

serenity

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 03:27:11 PM
Winner!

You just made my day Art, heck the whole week!

" The truth is out there"

jazmunda

Whatever liners you use I think you should have Ross end them with "....... From your smartphone to your computer all around the world/globe/planet; This is Art Bell" like the way it used to end ".... From coast to coast and around the world; This is Art Bell".

coaster

Art friggin' Bell man.   ;D

chefist

WOW! Very exciting! I hope that the new show has a mixture of old favorites and new, interesting guests!  :)

PathoJen

Anyone else hear Noory say "wanna take a ride" on C2C? I'm thinking you have bc Art was trying to come up with a new slogan/saying when on air during new show.

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2015, 03:49:35 PM
Whatever liners you use I think you should have Ross end them with "....... From your smartphone to your computer all around the world/globe/planet; This is Art Bell" like the way it used to end ".... From coast to coast and around the world; This is Art Bell".
Or let the last caller get to say "good night" as was done in the past. No matter what I can't wait for the new show!

Art Bell

Haha, if Dave really is saying that it smacks of desperate stupidity. People are not that dumb and he just sounds like he is advertising my return. Thanks Dave.

Art

"Wanna take a ride?" is the new slogan of the Coast to Coast Digital Network.

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 04:01:28 PM
Haha, if Dave really is saying that it smacks of desperate stupidity. People are not that dumb and he just sounds like he is advertising my return. Thanks Dave.

Art

"Wanna take a ride?" Noory
"Not with you a-hole" The World

jazmunda

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 24, 2015, 04:06:11 PM
"Wanna take a ride?" is the new slogan of the Coast to Coast Digital Network.

More like the Coast to Coast Analogue Network.

PathoJen

Wanna take a nap? Is much more Noory appropriate.

SaucyRossy

Art

Talking about your back but don't talk about your back. Just when I think it's all behind us it gets pulled back in. Speaking of making bad jokes.  ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: PathoJen on April 24, 2015, 04:18:25 PM
Wanna take a nap? Is much more Noory appropriate.
Ding!

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 24, 2015, 04:24:50 PM
Ding!
There is a reason he does "sleep number" commercials, in addition to the other quack products.

bateman

Oooooh, Digital Network, eh?