• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MikeJ

Quote from: Daggit on April 16, 2015, 01:28:20 AM
It's working for me.

Try Art Bell always.  It has been working for me.

I think here already more than enough listner sports for the first few months. Art is not going to start with 100,000 listners. It just isn't going to happen.

WOTR

Quote from: wr250 on April 16, 2015, 04:05:34 PM

its called a relay , and it can be done without your knowledge,perhaps from our favorite Aussie, or our favorite Romanian.  just sayin ...
I really cannot help but imagine that our favourite Romanian would love a chance to set up a relay with Arts (non verbal) blessing... and he already has a base to broadcast out to.

WOTR

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 05:46:25 PM
Guaranteeing slots for anybody would be a headache to work out.
A also really have to wonder if there is some clause in the "small broadcaster" agreement with the music companies that prohibits you from charging for the live show?  (You know- if you make $1 we want our cut totaling $1.10...)

Either way, I will find a place to get it if I arrive late and find all of the slots filled up.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wotr1 on April 16, 2015, 06:12:44 PM

Either way, I will find a place to get it if I arrive late and find all of the slots filled up.

I'm sure it will be no problem.

Daggit

I'd be pretty pissed if I paid a subscription to listen live for the music and then couldn't get a slot while some freeloader gets it. Don't get me wrong I will subscribing anyway but what is the $5 paying for? Bandwidth? Music licensing fees? If it's just to cover bandwidth then that's fine but if it's to cover the music licensing and I can only download without the music then what am I paying for?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Daggit on April 16, 2015, 06:21:25 PM
I'd be pretty pissed if I paid a subscription to listen live for the music and then couldn't get a slot while some freeloader gets it. Don't get me wrong I will subscribing anyway but what is the $5 paying for? Bandwidth? Music licensing fees? If it's just to cover bandwidth then that's fine but if it's to cover the music licensing and I can only download without the music then what am I paying for?

The Wormhole.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Daggit on April 16, 2015, 06:21:25 PM

Yeah, that would be pretty annoying, but it's not really in Art's hands.

berry

I think the paid subscription is for the ability to download the podcast. Not getting a slot in the beginning is fine by me. I will try and listen live but I'll probably listen via the downloads. Let the freeloaders get the slots and build up the base. I'm cool with that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 16, 2015, 06:23:30 PM
The Wormhole.

I usually pay over $40 for a good wormholing, so this will be a stellar deal from any angle.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 06:26:44 PM
I usually pay over $40 for a good wormholing, so this will be a stellar deal from any angle.

Agreed.

wr250

is that how your back got screwed up ?

Daggit

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2015, 06:24:30 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty annoying, but it's not really in Art's hands.

I understand that it's out of Art's hands and am not blaming the guy. I'd rather this situation then the alternative. I just don't want to be subsidizing a freeloader like Falkie listening and reporting back to Dave.

The small broadcaster route is going to be a tough road but 65k-70k spots for the stream will be more than enough; I wouldn't worry about it. The $5 is just to support Art, everything else is secondary. I wouldn't want to listen to a podcast of the previous night's show without the music and hardly care about messaging him live.

briantroutman

I’d pay $5 a month to Art no matter whatâ€"just as a way of saying “thanks” to a broadcaster who’s enriched my life so much over the years. I still pay $6.95/month for Phil Hendrie’s Backstage Pass for the same reasonâ€"even though I could have downloaded all the old shows I wanted and cancelled my membership years ago.

But aside from that, I assume that the recorded podcast will be taken from a separate mix that essentially omits the music track, correct? If so, wouldn’t it be possible to stream both mixes (music and no-music) simultaneously? If the 65K cap on the music-included mix was reached, listeners could always tune into the no-music mix as a backup. It would be better than missing out on the live show entirely, and it’s no worse than the music-free edition you’d be getting on the podcast anyway.

ks3484

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 16, 2015, 07:51:50 AM
I hope art gets a publicist for the show. They can also help get him media interviews. Launching MITD is not going to be easy.

Just a suggestion.   ;D

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 16, 2015, 06:30:15 PM
The small broadcaster route is going to be a tough road but 65k-70k spots for the stream will be more than enough; I wouldn't worry about it. The $5 is just to support Art, everything else is secondary. I wouldn't want to listen to a podcast of the previous night's show without the music and hardly care about messaging him live.

Exactly don't worry about the spots. This is going to start with few listners. By the time art gets more listners he will probably be forced to have more slots.

People are worried about nothing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on April 16, 2015, 06:27:34 PM
is that how your back got screwed up ?

I'm uncomfortable with your dot connecting, sir.

morgana213

I'm going to support Art with my $5. I'll listen to the podcast or live which ever way is available...music or no music. 

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on April 16, 2015, 03:59:25 PM
Ok guys here is some not such great news, we are going to have to cap the live listener number to between 65-70 thousand.
The reason for this is easy, the stupid music. If we go over that it gets mind numbing expensive, I am not saying
impossible but very expensive if we knock ourselves out of the small Webcaster catagory. So I guess it will be first come
first served and we will not open the big bandwidth doors until 9PM P.T.
Now if somebody picked up our stream and sent it out from some far flung overseas place, well hmmm not much we could do
about that, right?
We do want tight control of the Podcast, we are ready for volunteers, if you would like to help please contact Keith at

kr@rowlandnet.com and help us with Podcast Pirates (mostly utube)

All of this may not be a problem anyway, I might be lucky to scare up 10,000 . We shall see

Art

•  I'll be glad to setup a crowd funding account for you at Booster since we are technically the Art Bell Booster Club.  :)

(rumor has it)
• Art Bell Net Worth - $10 Million

Art Bell Net Worth: Art Bell is an American writer and broadcaster who has a net worth of $10 million dollars. He’s currently married to Airyn Ruiz Bell and has four children named Vincent Pontius, Lisa Minei, Art, and Asia Rayne Bell. He began working professionally in broadcasting in Monterey, California for KIDD 630 AM. He researched an variety of topics including politics, gun control, and conspiracy theories, thus leading to some controversy. He announced his retirement from broadcasting in 2007, but has additionally made occasional appearances on various programs ever since...

• Read More

(rumor has it)
• All articles for 'Art Bell Net Worth -$15  Millon'

• Art Bell Net Worth

Arthur William "Art" Bell, III (born June 17, 1945) is an American broadcaster and author known as one of the founders and the original host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM. He also created and formerly hosted its companion show Dreamland. Semi-retired from Coast to Coast AM since 2003, he hosted the show many weekends for the following four years. He announced his retirement from weekend hosting on July 1, 2007, but occasionally served as a guest host through 2010. He attributed the reason for his retirement to a desire to spend time with his new wife and his daughter, born May 30, 2007.

• Read More

George (Dave) Noory

Net Worth: $2 Million
George Noory's Annual Salary: $500 Thousand
Date of Birth: June 4, 1950
Place of Birth: Detroit
Profession: Sailor, Ufologists
Category: Richest Celebrities, Richest DJs

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 16, 2015, 09:36:35 AM
  Ah, another bacon boy.  Welcome aboard, pour yourself some Scotch and make yourself at home.
Or, he may prefer some good ol Canadian rye.  Some of the selections are starting to be a good quality...

I would be interested to discover how many Canadian members this site has.  I almost think that we may outnumber those from "south of the boarder", and guarantee that we outnumber the criminals from Oz.

ItsOver

Dave Noorie, sailor.  So that's what he's doing.

Ewavegeek

haha,ks3484. Money speaks volumes, poor Dave.

ks3484

Quote from: Ewavegeek on April 16, 2015, 08:24:26 PM
haha,ks3484. Money speaks volumes, poor Dave.

Yeah - so true. Besides do you remember all of that Gold Art's advisers were buying up for him in the late '90s? I believe Art was talking about diversifying his portfolio.

ks3484

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2015, 08:22:56 PM
Dave Noorie, sailor.  So that's what he's doing.

Ya think so? He's not doing a very good job steering the USS Coast To Coast.   :(

Marc.Knight

Wow - this week C2C just started putting some music in their podcasts. 

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 16, 2015, 08:50:12 PM

Geee, the timing is so scchhtrange.

Art Bell

The absolute hardest thing to try and do is guess how many people will show up. I can guess from 5,000 to who the hell knows, I plan to be happy and have fun no matter what.

Now I have something NEW! It turns out we can provide a 32Kbps AAC+ stream as well as a standard 32 Kbps stream. AAC+ is nothing short of amazing, it will sound as good or better then 64Kbps. If you doubt it find a station at 32AAC+ and take a listen, my goodness it is good and we can offer a choice, bottom line we use half the bandwidth and so do you. The World keeps changing. 48Kbps AAC+ sounds better then 128.

Art

Art Bell

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 16, 2015, 08:50:12 PM

What kind of music in their Podcasts (commercial?)

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Art Bell on April 16, 2015, 09:15:26 PM
The absolute hardest thing to try and do is guess how many people will show up. I can guess from 5,000 to who the hell knows, I plan to be happy and have fun no matter what.

Now I have something NEW! It turns out we can provide a 32Kbps AAC+ stream as well as a standard 32 Kbps stream. AAC+ is nothing short of amazing, it will sound as good or better then 64Kbps. If you doubt it find a station at 32AAC+ and take a listen, my goodness it is good and we can offer a choice, bottom line we use half the bandwidth and so do you. The World keeps changing. 48Kbps AAC+ sounds better then 128.

Art

That's great!

Do you remember what the codec and bitrate was when you were on satellite?

I bet you will sound better, it sounded pretty bad sometimes on their satellite