• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 31, 2015, 08:34:02 PM
You want bacon, mountain dew, and twizzlers too?

just the bacon please. bacon is best with a cup o joe and art bell on the speakers. not mountain yewwww or twizzlers

ge30542

Why does New Jersey have more toxic waste dumps per capita than New York has lawyers per capita?
New Jersey got first pick.

Falkie2013

Quote from: spellerine on April 01, 2015, 05:28:15 AM

Early April Fools??

Even Noory asked me if this was a BAD April fools joke. He can't believe it either.
He said someone sent him a copy of Art's commetary.
I still don't get it.
If the guy Art is working with is such a big name WHY do lawyers have to be involved ?
Just give Art a studio and put him on the air with music, streaming and a non compete.
One paragraph.
The rest could be added later.
" We agree to put Art Bell on the air. Art is free to do whatever he  wants, play his music, we pay for it and no non compete and we get certain rights to be named at a later time agreeable to both parties. "

There. No lawyers. Get him on the air and work out the details later.

Didn't take no month either.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 01, 2015, 06:06:48 AM
Even Noory asked me if this was a BAD April fools joke. He can't believe it either.
I still don't get it.
If the guy Art is working with is such a big name WHY do lawyers have to be involved ?
Just give Art a studio and put him on the air with music, streaming and a non compete.
One paragraph.
" We agree to put Art Bell on the air. Art is free to do whatever he  wants, play his music, we pay for it and no non compete and we get certain rights to be named at a later time agreeable to both parties. "

Of course every one who is working with a big player is going to have to sign a contract. Attorneys weasel their way into every negotiation and drag it out as long as possible to maximize profit. This should come as a suprise to no one.
Art needs to stay patient and play their game.

nika01

Can't comprehend how a lawyer, working on my behalf, would present something unacceptable at the 11th hour. Hoping this is an ill conceived joke.
Ride my f'ing See Saw

It's better for the agreement to be highly specific and quadruple checked than for the show to begin "haphazardly," only to be yanked out from under Art due to some stupid, silly legalese oversight that some troublemaker evokes down the line.

It will all be fine. One reason they are being so careful with it is because all involved believe "the show is a go" and so everyone must be on the same page, pain in the ass or no.

Such rationalizing fails to neutralize the anxiety of suffering through the process, of course.

Art needs a punching bag.

Quote from: nika01 on April 01, 2015, 06:49:49 AM
Can't comprehend how a lawyer, working on my behalf, would present something unacceptable at the 11th hour. Hoping this is an ill conceived joke.
Ride my f'ing See Saw

Art said the only issue was it was taking too long and he is tired of the attorneys dragging it out.

ge30542

I vote "this is an April Fools" joke.
Art's next post will be something like, "It's done folks, here are the details"......

PaulAtreides

Remember when Art started commenting on the Sirius show that there was a problem that might not be resolved?  Deja vu all over again.  I don't believe he really wants to do this.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 01, 2015, 07:27:37 AM
Remember when Art started commenting on the Sirius show that there was a problem that might not be resolved?  Deja vu all over again.  I don't believe he really wants to do this.
Fucking hater.
You really think art has spent two years trolling us. Researching building a studio, listening to countless hours of potential bumper music, worrying about how to legally play music, etc. all that and he doesn't want to come back.  Fuck you, davebot.

cweb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 31, 2015, 10:56:20 PM
  Nor expedite the Lady Ghostbusters film we crave.
Pretty sure I saw a rumor that they were already thinking about making a male Ghostbusters film after the lady one.

Which means the script might be shit and instead of rewriting it, they're going to dump out another unfunny film.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 01, 2015, 07:33:33 AM
Fucking hater.
You really think art has spent two years trolling us. Researching building a studio, listening to countless hours of potential bumper music, worrying about how to legally play music, etc. all that and he doesn't want to come back.  Fuck you, davebot.
Indeed. That would be a lot of effort simply for a joke. I hope a lot of the doubters will shut it once Art starts sharing studio build pics.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 01, 2015, 07:33:33 AM
Fucking hater.

I'm not a Davebot - I really want this to happen - but I don't like what I'm hearing.

You could also, just as easily, choose to believe exactly the opposite. Such belief would comfortably better explain the behavior that is currently bothering you and making you think about Sirius.

Decide you believe Art really wants to do it, and that he is worried something is going to interfere with that desire and so he is voicing his concern and being forthcoming about it, because he wants it so bad and wants it yesterday.

It's a whole different "point of origin" than the Sirius incident. I understand what you're getting at, but it's apples and oranges.

rzr1911

I still don't get it. ...
Do you live in Noory's basement, or are you his bastard son? Does he call you regularly? Why?
You don't appear to me like a spokesperson anyone of sound mind would chose.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 31, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
Ok, I am here but at the moment with some concerning news, I can not go into details but it boils down to this, this process is taking to darn long. We spent a Month going back and forth in the proposal stage, each side laying out what they wanted and what needed to be changed. It was a bit frustrating that it took so long but we got it done. It is now with their Lawyers to come up with a final contract based on what both sides agreed to. I have a concern that when we receive the final document ( promised by the end of this Week) that it will have lots of new stuff in it that will not work for us. If I sound negative it's only because the terms took a Month and I am not a patient person. I truly hope it works out but if not, that's life. You can be sure nobody will be more disapointed then me. The current rub is it is taking to long, I have a lot of work to do and can't even start until this gets signed which now looks like a longer process then it should be.

When all this started I told you the three must have things and that has not changed. Cross your fingers and knock on some handy wood.

Art

Quote from: nika01 on April 01, 2015, 06:49:49 AM

Ride my f'ing See Saw

Keep in mind the contract hasn't been sent to him yet.

Danger!UFO

I still don't get it.
One paragraph.

Why even bring your BFF in to this conversation? You know Dave will take much pleasure in knowing that Art is having a bad time thinking about this contract....which is exactly what Art wants him to think.  8)

F Dave for putting Oates back on CtC.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 01, 2015, 07:49:47 AM
I'm not a Davebot - I really want this to happen - but I don't like what I'm hearing.
Davebots do not know they have been programmed.

Quote from: ge30542 on April 01, 2015, 07:23:13 AM
I vote "this is an April Fools" joke.
Art's next post will be something like, "It's done folks, here are the details"......

+1

It was April Fool's Day in most of the world already when Art posted.  It's gotta be a joke (fingers crossed).

There are some things you simply do not joke about.  And I say that as a person who jokes about almost anything and who can be a very annoying trickster bastard.

I don't see any way in Hell that Art would choose to trivialize "his baby" merely to exercise a gotcha on April 1st.

It would be an ~unfunny~ stunt.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 01, 2015, 08:07:21 AM

Yes.

Art, if there are things you don't like about the contract please call the company man, not the company lawyers.

Aw, heck. Art knows what he wants and knows what he's doing. Before he makes any decision I'm sure he'll call council with Paul, his new producer Dr. J, Keith, and his own lawyer.

Art admits he gets impatient. He wants this done now. Hopefully it will work itself out this week.

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 31, 2015, 10:55:26 PM
Same thing happened to U2
that was only for tax-purposes though.

Danger!UFO

Listen. It's this close to being done. It'll work out.

But there is that 10 year non-compete clause.... ::)

channer1

I’ve worked through several M&A projects, albeit in a different industry, and in this has been my experience precisely.  Direct talks with the other party and due diligence often go fairly quickly, particularly if both parties are motivated and want the deal to happen.  Then it goes to the lawyers……and no matter how easily the first part of the process went, no matter how amicable the negotiations went, everyone is just SO happy……the contract drafting processes will drag out for weeks/months.  Something about seeing it in writing makes people become very picky, careful, anal, or whatever you want to call it.

I think it can be a combination of A) lawyers being lawyers, let’s be honest, this is where they make their money, B) Art’s attorney earnestly looking out for Art’s best interests…. Coming off the Sirius debacle, if I’m Art, I’m telling my lawyer “this needs to be fucking perfect, don’t fuck it up” and C) Sometimes one of the parties wasn’t completely forthright during the initial phases, and is now “changing the rules”.

With the deals I’ve worked on, only when C happens is there any real risk of the deal falling apart.  If both parties want it to happen, it will.  People, including Art, need to be patient, and not pee-pee down their leg

nika01

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 01, 2015, 08:07:21 AM

Lawyers have phones, fax machines, etc. sorry not buying in to this whole thing.

raistlin

Like with most things, at the end of the day someone or some entity ends up compromising in one form or another.  I'd hope that pride or money wouldn't get in the way of making potentially the greatest show anyone's heard in years.  In my humble opinion I think it would be a complete disaster to see plans like this go up in smoke over something like a serious lack of patience or bad judgement.

I'm sure it will all work out fine as long as everyone is being reasonable.

paladin1991

You faithless fuck.  Self flagellate.  NOW!

DesertFox

Damn--a couple of people here are overreacting like crazy...not most, just a very few.  RELAX!  Art has time to work it out and as someone else said, he's close already to getting this done.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 01, 2015, 09:14:00 AM
You faithless fuck.  Self flagellate.  NOW!

"Faithless fuck."  That's a good one.  I've never been called that before.

Would anyone be interested in nice table model SiriusXM radio?  Cheap.