• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GolfGuy

Amelia Earhart would be a good choice...

coaster

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 20, 2015, 04:00:56 AM
Flo, from the Progressive Insurance TV ads. 
I hate that woman. Sometimes when I see those commercials, I wish someone, while on their way to get progressive insurance, would drive through the side of the building, pinning her between the car and wall. The only way she can survive this accident is if she promises to keep her mouth shut forever, never speaking about Progressive Insurance ever again. But I daydream...
Quote from: GolfGuy on March 20, 2015, 09:51:30 AM
Amelia Earhart would be a good choice...
Indeed.

munbeam666

Quote from: Art Bell on March 19, 2015, 08:04:53 PM
Good Evening Gabites all is well with the Bell clan as night falls across the Desert. Might just have some news coming your way soon. We are closer to wrapping up with our Partner. I am looking forward to building the Studio, that will be fun work.

Art
Art, do you actually help build the studio? Do you design it? How many talk show personalities do that sort of thing?
I bet that you are the only one

paladin1991

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 20, 2015, 05:10:31 AM
or a stripper but she would have to go one the 1's. Sorry Ben.
I think the politically correct term is 'single mother.'

Quote from: Art Bell on March 19, 2015, 10:19:57 PM
He already agreed!
Art has to be going with Cumulus......

SredniVashtar

I can't think of many things that have been more fun than seeing Art as a regular poster, even if it feels sometimes that I have stumbled into the Twilight Zone. I wish I could remember what show I first heard him doing, but I do remember thinking that this was what radio should always be like, and everything else up to that time was just garbage. Key difference between Art and George - Art once glued his lips together, while George...well, we can only hope for some kind of irretrievable Superglue moment.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 20, 2015, 10:34:20 AM
Art has to be going with Cumulus......

I think I know what is going on now

All I can say is buckle your seat belts.

YNOT

Quote from: ge30542 on March 20, 2015, 09:29:05 AM
I'm so excited, I can't wait for July. Once again, Mr. Bell's voice, as I sit in a dark room, with music, and Ross Mitchell, just like the old days, only better!
But wait, I have one fear. What if, in his "advanced" age, he's lost all ability to interview, and just babbles, incessantly?
OMG, that would be horrible. (just kidding Mr. Bell, teasing with the utmost fondness and affection. No intent to offend).
Seriously, I can't wait, let me know when & where to send my money!

That reminds of another late night show...https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMa3Ev8jKlk

YNOT

Oops..... I posted wrong link... This was the one I had in mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPrUoUEvs6g

SredniVashtar

And they aren't isolated flubs, that's the point. The whole damn show was like that. I bet George is a compulsive doodler; he sounds like someone who is sitting there pretending to do an interview while sketching a picture of RCH dressed as a ballet dancer or something, and then occasionally coming out of his trance to say something fatuous to his unfortunate guest.

Paradox

Women on money:  Yep Marilyn would be a good choice.  So would Earhart.

Barbara McClintock

Rachel Carson

Sally Ride

Shirley Ann Jackson

Claire Booth Luce

Molly Pitcher  aka Molly Ludwig Hayes McCauley

Sybil Ludington

A few more: http://score.rims.k12.ca.us/score_lessons/women_american_revolution/

http://www.takepart.com/photos/famous-firsts-women-politics/first-woman-speaker-us-house.

coaster

Marilyn Monroe would be pretty silly. How many ditzy drug addicts do we need on our money? We already have Ulysses S. Grant.

Art Bell

Yes, I will build the Studio with the help I hope of Paul, my back ain't what it used to be. Building stuff is fun!

Art

Forgive me for this, a little selfishness here, I want to link up my site .. something I never do on here because it's plain tacky.
But today is a snow day, I am home from work here in eastern Pa and my son is home from day care.. Ninja Turtles are spilled on the floor.. BATMAN action figures are exhausted.. and my son is dancing the ART BELL dance, with two videos linked on my site proving he is pretty happy ART's voice is going to return.. He fell asleep to Art's reruns since infancy.. even at 6 months of age, the U7 stream came in handy.
Art: If you stick around another ten years on air, Ayden will be 14 and fully engaged as a 21st century fan.
Amazing ..
http://horrorreport.com/2015/03/20/lets-do-the-art-bell-dance/ and alternate, since bellgab users crashed my server: http://www.coalspeaker.com/post/114152081372/the-happy-art-bell-dance

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 12:41:17 PM
Yes, I will build the Studio with the help I hope of Paul, my back ain't what it used to be. Building stuff is fun!

Art

Well enjoy the process and make paul lug all the heavy stuff. Maybe keith can join in the fun too.

Perhaps even post some pictures on facebook of the build in process so us fans can be part of the fun too!

ManiacMatt

Art

We could have a bellgab crew out there on a weekend of your choosing and get it done in record time.  You wouldn't have to lift a thing! You would just need to boss us around a little and tell a few stories.

Art

I apologize if this question pisses you off. But do you ever wish you didn't push off the pole, and instead taken the gizzilion splinters?

inuk2600

Quote from: Paradox on March 20, 2015, 12:09:26 PM
Women on money:  Yep Marilyn would be a good choice.  So would Earhart.

Barbara McClintock

Rachel Carson

Sally Ride

Shirley Ann Jackson

Claire Booth Luce

Molly Pitcher  aka Molly Ludwig Hayes McCauley

Sybil Ludington

A few more: http://score.rims.k12.ca.us/score_lessons/women_american_revolution/

http://www.takepart.com/photos/famous-firsts-women-politics/first-woman-speaker-us-house.

Good list, but it's gotta be Betty Boop

Nick el Ass

Wait... no Lindsay Lohan? Only kidding. I think someone who would be cool would be Madam C.J. Walker who was not only the first self made female millionaire, but the first African American. She started her own company cosmetics company, and the factory was right here in Indianapolis from 1910 to 1981.

Art Bell

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 20, 2015, 01:10:01 PM
I apologize if this question pisses you off. But do you ever wish you didn't push off the pole, and instead taken the gizzilion splinters?

Haha, that is a good question! I have thought about it, as they say the grass is always greener, I am not really sure of the answer but on days my back is really bad I am sure I would say yes I wish I had hugged, but that can be really awful.

Art

aldousburbank

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 20, 2015, 01:00:38 PM
We could have a bellgab crew out there on a weekend of your choosing and get it done in record time.  You wouldn't have to lift a thing! You would just need to boss us around a little and tell a few stories.
I volunteer my DJ services.

Art Bell

Are any of this crew audio type people? There is the danger of to many cooks in the kitchen. It is so nice that you offer, this really is a good group in here. I guess I am one of you in so many ways. I am older now but I think I still have most of my mental neurons in shape.

Art

aldousburbank

I am no spring chicken myself Art. And I defer audio issues to the more qualified amongst us.

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 01:58:18 PM
Are any of this crew audio type people? There is the danger of to many cooks in the kitchen. It is so nice that you offer, this really is a good group in here. I guess I am one of you in so many ways. I am older now but I think I still have most of my mental neurons in shape.

Art

Just my take Art--but were it me I'd keep my home base and home free of fans and supporters.  I'm sure the vast majority are just cool and fine--but we don't need any MISERY situations!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: DesertFox on March 20, 2015, 02:06:43 PM

Just my take Art--but were it me I'd keep my home base and home free of fans and supporters.  I'm sure the vast majority are just cool and fine--but we don't need any MISERY situations!

Yeah, some of us are real weirdos.

chinaclipper

Art

No....but I can say "resistor, capacitor and diode".  I can also hum pretty good...and make iced tea.

Laurakinch

Art

I believe Mr Vandeven would definitely qualify as an audio-type person.

DesertFox

Art--by the way...I'm for one very honored you consider yourself in many ways like one of us.  That's very cool.