• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Art Bell

My goodness very testy in here today, never post before coffee.

Art

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Pam J on March 18, 2015, 12:13:17 PM
Not at all.  Just getting annoyed by an ape who thinks he's special.

Your lack of ability to take the least bit of criticism after telling several users their music ideas suck is what makes this back-and-forth special.

pyewacket

Dave bots back so soon?  ::)

Hi Art! I didn't vote on the intro- I trust that you will pick the right one for your new show. I'll be happy to listen.  :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on March 18, 2015, 12:18:55 PM

Art
...or after tequila and or bath salts.

Art Bell

It really is a tough choice, on the one hand The Chase was and is mine, I picked it. On the other hand there is a lot of good stuff people have put up...Thinking

Art

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Art Bell on March 18, 2015, 12:32:19 PM
It really is a tough choice, on the one hand The Chase was and is mine, I picked it. On the other hand there is a lot of good stuff people have put up...Thinking

Art
firsties

Pam J

Apparently some people, feel you're talking about their best friend in the worst way when you're simply commenting on say, some music.

Skunk Ape

Art

On one hand it would be awesome to hear "From the High Desert" as The Chase plays again..
But on the other hand, the song has been adulterated for too long with "from the heartland of America" and "From the City of Angels"

maureen

a mother commenting on her squabbling sons: "One day I shall burst my bud of calm and blossom into hysteria!"... from The Lady's Not for Burning by Christopher Fry.

the wonderful use of language

rzr1911

someone should make a new thread - Music Suggestions for Art Bell - or something.
for bumper music or intro music wishes.
then we don't have to spam this one with youtube links.

Pam J

I loved the Chase!  I loved the movie!  The opening of that movie when they stop that plane and find that hash wrapped around his waist is one of the best ever.  I still love that song.  I don't listen to Dave so it's not even something I ever get to hear.  I still love it.  It's you Art.

VegasI15

Cuzco - Montezuma would be a great intro song for sure. 

Just was thinking about this classic not for intro, just for listening pleasure

Moonlight Feels Right - Starbuck - HQ Audio)))

This next song goes out to Dave and other "Dave bots" on the forum:

Louis Jordan - You Run Your Mouth and I'll Run My Business

rzr1911

http://youtu.be/p1k3T-YhMIE
can we have this as the new theme tune? (unless somebody is racist against Japanese)

the_peeve

What if Giorgio Moroder made a new intro to Midnight Express (The Chase)? A version that was made, just for Art's new show?

I have contacted Giorgio to see what he thinks.

Art Bell

A thread for music is a really good idea.

Art

MV/Liberace!

Art

I think some people are off their meds.

aldousburbank

Quote from: the_peeve on March 18, 2015, 12:55:18 PM
What if Giorgio Moroder made a new intro to Midnight Express (The Chase)? A version that was made, just for Art's new show?

I have contacted Giorgio to see what he thinks.
Winning!

HK-50

Quote from: Art Bell on March 18, 2015, 12:58:08 PM
A thread for music is a really good idea.

Art

So let it be written...

aldousburbank

So Let It Be Done!

[attachimg=1]

cweb

There is a bumper music thread here... http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,1005.480.html

But no intro music thread, as far as I've found by searching.

And yeah... lots of angry responses all of a sudden from some people. Be cool, mah babies!

Mr. Fidget

I've been "leaving this thread alone", however I thought I'd point out the cosmos getting "mysterious".
https://public.nrao.edu/news/pressreleases/galaxy-cluster-collision

Abell #2256 is involved: ;)
[attachimg=1]
mf

trust_no_one

Art

As you said, Art - it was and is yours, you picked it.  f Dave - if you want to use it, use it.  No one would confuse you and Dave if they accidentally chose the wrong program...

paladin1991

Art
give it a good think, ART.  You will put it together and it will have that 'hook' that caught my attention those years ago.   

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on March 18, 2015, 12:59:41 PM
I think some people are off their meds.
Can i have some of yours?

Heather Wade

Art

They're just a tad hungover from last night.  It will pass.   8)

pyewacket

When I think Art Bell- I think of an innovator. This is an odd situation, The Chase as you said, was and is the song you chose years ago, BUT Dave never changed it. I'm not impressed by imitators.

I have some artists friends who had their original ideas ripped off in the sellers' markets. Some of the copy cats even go so far as to tag the original artists when they post their knock offs. Sad- but this applies to any great ideas.

I think you can still come up with new ideas and music. What better way to launch a new show. Dave can feel that he "won" a victory, but in reality it just shows who is creative and who is NOT.  ;)

Skunk Ape

Not hungover, just defending Fly by Night. lol

Should have taken a deep breath and counted to 10 first. Then I would have remembered that Rush doesn't need me defending them. :)

Sorry to bring the thread down today, gang.

DesertFox

Art

Art--was thinking of your requirement of a high energy opening...so I explored the masters, Led Zeppelin AND found 4 awesome ones for your consideration:

1.) Ramble on--lyrically cool and really rocking.

2.) When the Levee Breaks--another epic rocker with lyrics that can fit the show well enough.

3.) Stairway to Heaven--doesn't rock the whole way and used a lot but still it's awesome and metaphysical.

4.) Babe I'm Gonna Leave You--just about my favorite...it is absolutely THUNDERING.