• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

inuk2600

Quote from: No Quarter on March 16, 2015, 06:43:11 AM

I don't know - listening to all of the drivel being broadcast nowadays, it seems like BM Radio is already here    :-\

Oh....you meant Baby Monitor Radio....crap, my bad...  ::)

Bark Matter.  hello, is this thing on? {crickets}

It's all been said before, don't help it be the SS Midnight In The Desert.

Marc.Knight

Hot off the presses... Dave is renaming his show: "Fart Matter". 

Gd5150

Quote from: Redwolf on March 16, 2015, 12:22:18 AM
Rush is a Tool! A mean spirited tool with no talent except inventing division among people. He is a disgusting human that thrives on hate and division...wake up people! Most of you know this already, I'm sure...most likely preaching to the choir.

I know art thinks he has talent...which makes me sad and conflicted, but oh well...I'll still listen to Art. Always have, always will.

Art doesn't speak hate...he doesn't speak vitriol...fuck the left right thing...let's all be humans...on one planet trying to communicate and listen to each other together...we don't need the hate! Rush only brings the hate and the disgusting side of humanity!

It takes zero talent to cater to the lowest denominator of people's humanity...

But, it actually takes talent to elevate people's humanity.

Yawn. I wish I had a nickel for every time a leftwinger spouted ignorance. Try listening to his show for a few weeks instead of regurgitating what you heard about it once on some website. Limbaugh changed radio and media. Not many can say that.

Quote from: inuk2600 on March 16, 2015, 07:08:29 AM
Bark Matter.  hello, is this thing on? {crickets}
I laughed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on March 15, 2015, 02:20:37 PM
Not with the new Peenman Enterprises Atomic Hand Crank Cell Phone.

heh heh

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 16, 2015, 08:21:07 AM
Yawn. I wish I had a nickel for every time a leftwinger spouted ignorance.

You'd be one broke-ass son of a bitch.

Art, maybe your first guest should be the founder of SIRIUS RADIO!! (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/03/15/sxsw-rothblatt-cyber-clones-keynote/24816839/)

IRONY..

Surmo

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 16, 2015, 08:21:07 AM
Yawn. I wish I had a nickel for every time a leftwinger spouted ignorance. Try listening to his show for a few weeks instead of regurgitating what you heard about it once on some website. Limbaugh changed radio and media. Not many can say that.

I started this issue by noting that Art, like Rush, could change the way radio is listened to. This is not a political statement, but it is reality.  Rush saved AM radio by shear force of will, like it or not, a view stated by Art himself.  And I want Art to do the same thing with "new" radio.  Anyone who disagrees please take it to the political area of this site, my statement is not based on politics or the left-right political argument, but on the true history of AM radio. Politics can be covered elsewhere.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Redwolf on March 16, 2015, 12:22:18 AM
Rush is a Tool! A mean spirited tool with no talent except inventing division among people.

oh, come on.

DesertFox

Quote from: Surmo on March 16, 2015, 09:29:42 AM
I started this issue by noting that Art, like Rush, could change the way radio is listened to. This is not a political statement, but it is reality.  Rush saved AM radio by shear force of will, like it or not, a view stated by Art himself.  And I want Art to do the same thing with "new" radio.  Anyone who disagrees please take it to the political area of this site, my statement is not based on politics or the left-right political argument, but on the true history of AM radio. Politics can be covered elsewhere.

Absolutely--there is a political thread for those who need to spout off.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 11:04:18 AM
I think I said I would have a live Internet Stream but I don't think I said I would not be on radio stations as well.

Art

i'm surprised this didn't get a bigger rise out of everybody than it did.  if it means what it appears to mean, that's really big goddamn news, people!

Juan

Quote from: MV on March 16, 2015, 09:50:08 AM
i'm surprised this didn't get a bigger rise out of everybody than it did.  if it means what it appears to mean, that's really big goddamn news, people!
I've been too busy celebrating to comment.

Surmo

I know.  Huge news.  Potentially.

IcicleTrepan

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to jump to conclusions either :)  Art has been doing a lot of chain yanking lately :)

DesertFox

Yes!  That why the first I saw that--I asked Art more about it.  Internet part v. radio part!  That's what it sounded like.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 03:34:32 PM
Fuck you, I run a clean show.

Art
This might just be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum! I believe there is a study that says people who swear a lot live longer. That being said I respect the rules of anyone's program.

area51drone

No shit!  It's huge news.  And maybe Art isn't saying specifically because Dave and his cronies out there lurking.   I can't blame Art for holding back information if he feels it will help him position himself.  Although announcing it as early as contractually possible, not sure if non competes mention anything of this sort, will only get other listeners more excited.   I can imagine people asking Dave about Art's return.  LOL.   Here's the other thing I hadn't thought of that you can answer Art - are you going to offer the stream to Sirius, potentially to bump C2C off like they did to you?

rzr1911

What is huge news?
All I know is he wants to start free streaming after July 20th, maybe August.
I haven't seen anything else confirmed.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: cweb on March 14, 2015, 08:04:48 AM

2nd funniest thing I have looked upon in awhile! Thank you Cweb!

VegasI15

Quote from: cweb on March 15, 2015, 07:25:55 PM
The only thing I like about Skype is that everyone uses it. I find the audio quality to vary widely, even on an enterprise connection. Hopefully Microsoft gets their stuff together better.

I agree that the easiest way to call the show is to add a phone number shortcut button. This alone would be an awesome convenience. You're probably right that a SIP implementation is a bit much. I wasn't sure if any other app developers have done this on the cheap, just wondering.

Another potential feature would be a "wormhole" IM/fast blast feature. Maybe restrict it to one-per-IP-per-hour or something?

Bad audio quality is not Skype itself.  External factors are almost always to blame.  Those factors being network congestion, microphone, user error etc.  I'd take Skype quality over cell phones anyday in fact.  Twit.tv uses skype for their podcasts.  Just my 2 cents.

As far as creating your own Skype like application, many others have done this.  Some programming students are asked to do this as projects I've noticed.  If you are interested in doing one yourself a google search will point you in the right direction.  Very doable for those with some intermediate programming knowledge.  But from a business standpoint, why reinvent the wheel? 

In the end I'm sure Keith and the other gurus have the design and implementation of the app well in hand.  So I will bow to the all mighty webmaster and guru Keith.

Quote from: area51drone on March 16, 2015, 10:42:29 AM
Here's the other thing I hadn't thought of that you can answer Art - are you going to offer the stream to Sirius, potentially to bump C2C off like they did to you?

After the way things ended with Sirius/XM, I sort of doubt that would happen. They wouldn't bump Coast off of Indie 104 - contracts and all that jazz.

Art's radio station news is pretty cool though; I'm glad we're going to have several options on how to listen.

Art Bell

I don't agree with Rush, but the Man has talent. A lot of people confuse disagreement with lack of talent. He has done many funny things over the Years.

As for all the questions everybody has I simply can not answer them all yet, sorry.

Art

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on March 16, 2015, 12:25:23 PM

As for all the questions everybody has I simply can not answer them all yet, sorry.

Art
As you can and when you will, brother.  We've all waited this long haven't we? ;)

aldousburbank

And sometimes, people confuse lack of disagreement Dave with talent.

DesertFox

I don't agree with Rush, but the Man has talent. A lot of people confuse disagreement with lack of talent. He has done many funny things over the Years.

Art

Art--do have a general estimate of when you can share more of the plans for MiTD?  Would it be very close to July?  Or is it still up in the air yet when you can share more?

And yes--regardless of what one thinks of Limbaugh's views, he is one of the few who have really impacted radio.  That's not debatable.

People of opposing viewpoints have a problem with the echo chamber of the right wing, who tend to just repeat whatever Rush says that day.

@DesertFox, I think the show's start date all depends on how soon the studio can be built and the timing of Art's family trip that he mentioned sometime back (assuming all goes well on the business side of things).

cweb

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 16, 2015, 11:10:27 AM
Bad audio quality is not Skype itself.  External factors are almost always to blame.  Those factors being network congestion, microphone, user error etc.  I'd take Skype quality over cell phones anyday in fact.  Twit.tv uses skype for their podcasts.  Just my 2 cents.

As far as creating your own Skype like application, many others have done this.  Some programming students are asked to do this as projects I've noticed.  If you are interested in doing one yourself a google search will point you in the right direction.  Very doable for those with some intermediate programming knowledge.  But from a business standpoint, why reinvent the wheel? 

In the end I'm sure Keith and the other gurus have the design and implementation of the app well in hand.  So I will bow to the all mighty webmaster and guru Keith.
They could also add a Skype shortcut button in the app, now that I think about it... But you're right, it's up to Keith and his team.

I just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there. If they don't get used, I had a little fun thinking about it.  :)

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 16, 2015, 10:45:17 AM
2nd funniest thing I have looked upon in awhile! Thank you Cweb!
Haha, any time!

Indeed. Maybe people are worried about Davebots noticing. Then again, I'm sure the Davebot cronies of Premrat are faxing each other printouts of Bellgab by the minute.

You know, instead of producing a good show.

coaster

He wouldn't last as long as he has and have one of the most listened to programs if he wasn't talented. Hes a dick, but hes a talented dick. He is radio's Ron Jeremy.

Ds9james

To MV
Why O Why O Why are you so slow at posting up the Latest Gabcast podcast from last bloody week!!!!