• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jimg

Quote from: cweb on March 14, 2015, 08:24:23 AM
Indeed, it is amusing. It's all in fun. But we have differing opinions of fun.

I think stupid silly things like that are fun. You probably think pretending to be a character from A Streetcar Named Desire is fun.

And with that, I'm done feeding your dainty fury. It's a mad world. Lighten up, please.

"Dainty fury"

hahaha!! Good stuff.

Hey that ignore thing really does work.

Now that crossed out lines guy can be a prick in a vacuum where no one will hear him.

"Prick in a vacuum?"  Hope Eddie Coyle doesn't read that.

Laurakinch

Hey! Whats with all the dissension from some females here? It almost seems having Art here has caused some to twist off and lose their shit. It should be a time for rejoicing. Perhaps it's that time of the month? Calm down ladies and enjoy a pretty flower.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 13, 2015, 07:47:11 PM I lived in Jersey for a number of years back in the 80's and 90's and I had one girlfriend who called our house on several nights while I was sleeping or somewhere else.

Yeah?  What exit?

Art_s Farts

Quote from: Laurakinch on March 14, 2015, 09:46:18 AM
Hey! Whats with all the dissension from some females here? It almost seems having Art here has caused some to twist off and lose their shit. It should be a time for rejoicing. Perhaps it's that time of the month? Calm down ladies and enjoy a pretty flower.

I hear that Easter Lilies are in bloom

channer1

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 07:20:00 AM
cweb, if my post "made your morning", I am sorry for you.  You must not have any sort of life!  Poor baby.

I have been impressed with Art Bell since 1995.  After 20 years, it is tough to see him turn tail and plop himself into complete filth.  If you enjoy that sort of stuff, I am sorry for you, too.  What a sad outcome for you.
Lighten up Francis

HorrorRetro

I thought the approaching Easter was bringing the noxious fragrance of a lily.

FortRock

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 06:25:37 PM
Point is I know the words but those who use them all the time I think can not form a better way to express themselves.

As far as the show is concerned I have listeners from 8-80 Years old, why would I want to drive some of them away? As a Parent when I hear gutter language I turn it off, my guess is most decent Parents do.

Beyond that, I don't listen myself to radio shows where every fifth word is the f bomb. I think most times the kind of content I like would be spoiled with that language, it has shock value the first couple of times and after that is just hard to listen to.

Art

A PERSONAL NOTE, COMMANDER, PROPAGANDA MINISTER, SCORPION ARMY

I WAS ESTATIC TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FORMATION OF THE FIELD MARSHALL'S SCORPION ARMY. I WOULD NOT BE ESTATIC BEING PART OF WHATEVER ARMY HOWARD STERN WOULD TRY TO FOUND. WHAT DID WILLIAM SHATNER SAY ABOUT PEOPLE STILL LIVING IN THEIR PARENT'S BASEMENTS?

FortRock

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 09:55:15 PM
Nonsense I never get fired, I QUIT.

Art

DO YOU UNDERSTAND CLEAR AND CHANNEL, OR DRAINO RADIO NETWORK, OR WHATEVER YOUR CALLED THESE DAYS? YOU MADE YOUR BARGAIN WITH MR. SLEEPEZE! WE THE SCORPION ARMY BRING HONOR, TRUTH, PERSONAL PRIDE, AND SELF WORTH TO THE ROUND TABLE EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY!

analog kid

Being that upset over a cuss word is pretty unusual. I'm sure there's some other underlying issue that's the actual problem. It always seems to be the case.

Here's a smart cat though.

Art Bell

Don't let it effect you its just Lisa trying to stir the pot....hi Lisa!

Art

coaster

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:11:57 AM
Oh ho ho, cweb, you are hysterically amusing with your stupid cartoons.  So funny!  More proof that you need to get a life, some education, and some decency lessons.  Did you have a mother or were raised on skid row under a bridge?  What a waste you are to civilization!  And my disappointment with Art Bell's trash talk remains.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 06:30:46 AM
Well, I am probably the only one, but I am ashamed of Art.  He has always been on a pedestal for me, but he seems to be falling into the gutter.  My heart is broken.   :-[  Oh well, there is always Netflix.

Oh puh-leeze.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on March 14, 2015, 12:48:51 PM

Art
Ding!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:01:58 AM
No, I wasn't joking.  Filth is filth, period, end of report.  If you think it is funny, then you REALLY do need to get a life of some kind.  I am still sorry for you, Babe.  Too bad you can't grow up.

So then why have you been using this forum? There is profanity everywhere. So Art types the letters f-u-c-k into his keyboard and suddenly you can't handle it?

aldousburbank

This thread is getting to be more fun than
the blue sandoz and two sisters back in the day
By the way

rzr1911

Quote from: Art Bell on March 14, 2015, 12:48:51 PM

Art
hi Art! hope you didn't sign on Friday 13th :)
anyway , can we get an ETA about when you can reveal something more concrete?

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on March 14, 2015, 01:05:45 PM
So then why have you been using this forum? There is profanity everywhere. So Art types the letters f-u-c-k into his keyboard and suddenly you can't handle it?
Lisa can't handle the truth.

Art Bell

It is just desperation. Iheart and other big fat Broadcasters that went out and payed insane prices for mostly AM stations all across America now are faced with the fact that almost nobody listens anymore and their day is almost done and now most are worth pennies on the Dollar. I saw this coming a long time ago. They are playing a juggle game with debt that is about to crush them.

Now ANY real talent can go to the Internet Worldwide and if people want to hear them they do not need 500 Radio stations to be heard, oh what is a Broadcaster to do? They see it on the way like a high velocity round coming for your eyes.

In the long run it will be a good thing for the consumer (you) because you will not be stuck with one choice in any given time slot Nationwide.

As LTE deploys pretty soon a Radio will be something you go see in a museum like the first Airplane.

The people who fear what is coming because of the jobs they will lose are demonstrating that fear here, right Lisa?

Art

rzr1911

Quote from: Art Bell on March 14, 2015, 01:43:56 PM
As LTE deploys pretty soon a Radio will be something you go see in a museum like the first Airplane.
we can still hope for the Zombie Apocalypse to start and bring AM radio back to its glory. I love AM radio because it is not so dependent on a working infrastructure like all Internet stuff.

lonevoice

Aww.  They're so much sweeter when they're fresh, aren't they?  When you keep 'em around too long, they wither up and dry out like old prunes.  Yes, with Easter on the horizon, it must be time for a new bouquet.

popple

GOOD MORNING TO ALL! The very 1st secret message has now been encrypted into the meme.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 12:15:19 AM

Art

paladin1991

Quote from: lonevoice on March 14, 2015, 01:54:53 PM
Aww.  They're so much sweeter when they're fresh, aren't they?  When you keep 'em around too long, they wither up and dry out like old prunes.  Yes, with Easter on the horizon, it must be time for a new bouquet.

are you talking about flowers or women?

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:17:59 AM
Well, heck.  Please hurry on the wrist slitting.  Or maybe, dear heart, you will drown with your drugs.  Oh well, maybe not.  You probably aren't that easy to be rid of.  I suppose you will still be around with your trash mouth.  You certainly are a fine recommendation for the Art Bell show!  We are all so very proud to have you with us!
....to be continued some other time.  I have a lot better stuff to do now....Bye!

Wow..  what a horrible person you are.

Art Bell

Well it's hard to argue with Zombies, but short of that the handwriting is on the wall. Don't get me wrong I loved and still love radio to death but if you can lie in bed and listen to me or anybody else with your smart phone or tablet from here to Australia it's almost over.

Art

Laurakinch

It is just desperation. Iheart and other big fat Broadcasters that went out and payed insane prices for mostly AM stations all across America now are faced with the fact that almost nobody listens anymore and their day is almost done and now most are worth pennies on the Dollar. I saw this coming a long time ago. They are playing a juggle game with debt that is about to crush them.

Now ANY real talent can go to the Internet Worldwide and if people want to hear them they do not need 500 Radio stations to be heard, oh what is a Broadcaster to do? They see it on the way like a high velocity round coming for your eyes.

In the long run it will be a good thing for the consumer (you) because you will not be stuck with one choice in any given time slot Nationwide.

The people who fear what is coming because of the jobs they will lose are demonstrating that fear here, right Lisa?

Art

This is so obviously the case. The frantic scramble at the announcement of Dark Matter showed their desperation with booking Oates, guest poaching, etc. I wonder if Dave even has much to do with their shenanigans and is mostly Lisa and Tommy's doings since Dave doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. No doubt they all see the handwriting on the wall and are scared shitless knowing their days are numbered. Karma's a bitch.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on March 14, 2015, 01:58:27 PM
Well it's hard to argue with Zombies, but short of that the handwriting is on the wall. Don't get me wrong I loved and still love radio to death but if you can lie in bed and listen to me or anybody else with your smart phone or tablet from here to Australia it's almost over.

Art
Wonder if Lesa likes those visuals?

lonevoice

Quote from: Art Bell on March 14, 2015, 01:58:27 PM

Art
Art, have you begun to acquire your new studio gear yet?

Art Bell

It is not mostly Dave, you nailed it, Lisa and Tommy. Lisa is really a smart cookie and has propped up Dave for good reason, her job. Dave as I have said, is what he is. If you can't get good you have to go with what you got.

Art

bateman

Art

People have been eulogizing radio for a long time, but it seems like the end really is nigh. The whole industry clung to an outdated business model, and when ad revenue dried up, they responded by cutting costs to the bone. Now they're at the point where they've eliminated every cost they reasonably can, and the only thing left to do is sell off assets at fire sale prices, which iHeart is doing as fast as they can on the way to bankruptcy court. Cumulus is doing the same thing - the only thing they'll be able to do to stay afloat in the next couple years is acquire CBS Radio to dilute their massive debt, and even then they're just buying time.