Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 03, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
I thought you were a raider fan.

Say it aint so Art!!!!

Do you still have that alien statue?

Lt.Uhura

Hey guys, it's a new century with many topics not being discussed anywhere else, and awaiting the magic of Art Bell.  Perhaps a "Flashback Fridays" for a kind of, What ever happened to _____ ? past guests, callers we've all wondered about.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 03, 2015, 10:08:16 PM
Agreed, Art! I'm looking forward to the open lines!

I know that you mentioned all new guests but I still hope we hear old favorites like Michio Kaku, Linda Moulton Howe, and Richard C. Hoagland.

You've got to bring the Ghostbuster Gals back because they told Dave Norry to pound salt and appeared on your show instead of his.

And please bring back the Ghost Investigators Society without that Jimmy Chunga guy! The old GIS shows are classic!

I don't want to throw any hatred down for Jimmy Chunga. I guess I was disappointed when I didn't hear Barbara McBeath with Brendan Cook on the Sirius show.

Anyway, Please include some of the old with some of the new. Either way I'll be listening!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 03, 2015, 09:59:39 PM
Not even it's gazillion tons of concrete will protect those ratz from Art's thunder, this July.

Quote myself... cause I'm brilliant... Remembering  back when listening 'live' to Art and he'd talk about his home studio in the desert.
I thought he was broadcasting from an old cold war nuclear bomb bunker compound

Art, what's the name of the show going to be? I suggested long ago that we keep it short, and concise. In fact, I would go with The Art Bell Show.

pate

Art, when you're on KNYE doing the new show have you considered using this song as bumper music?:

Orchestra Morphine - so many ways

I know it's a cover, but it's dang enjoyable...

Danger!UFO

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:19:31 PM
Whilst we're talking about the GIS; Art do you know why Barbara didn't appear with Brendon on Dark Matter? Please dump Jimmy Chunga as a guest. He almost single-handedly ruined my favorite guests and topic on your show.

Prior to that Dark Matter episode I took everything Brendon and Barbara said to the bank. I kind of believed that we were hearing the voices of the dead and one of the reasons was because you endorsed them and also for the mere fact that they were never selling anything. The GIS was always a closed group of 5 members and we followed their adventures for years. This Chunga guy just rubbed me the wrong way. He came in and he was inserting himself into a history of the GIS that I'm pretty sure he was never apart of. Also the voices that he brought to the table were clearly him just using a voice modulator. He George Lucased us.

Agreed, jazmunda! I was also wondering about Barbara McBeath. Did Brendon mention her that night? I don't recall him saying anything.

Heather Wade

My memory may not serve, but I think she wasn't feeling well that night.  But Chunga just... *Captain Picard facepalm*

Bonanza Pilot

I believe the reason stated for Barbara not appearing was that she was in poor health at the time. IIRC

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:19:31 PM
Whilst we're talking about the GIS; Art do you know why Barbara didn't appear with Brendon on Dark Matter? Please dump Jimmy Chunga as a guest. He almost single-handedly ruined my favorite guests and topic on your show.

Prior to that Dark Matter episode I took everything Brendon and Barbara said to the bank. I kind of believed that we were hearing the voices of the dead and one of the reasons was because you endorsed them and also for the mere fact that they were never selling anything. The GIS was always a closed group of 5 members and we followed their adventures for years. This Chunga guy just rubbed me the wrong way. He came in and he was inserting himself into a history of the GIS that I'm pretty sure he was never apart of. Also the voices that he brought to the table were clearly him just using a voice modulator. He George Lucased us.

Pretty sure that Jimmy's name was mentioned on an old C2C broadcast with Art, as being part of the team.

Your pant's down crap on gabcast rub'ed me the wrong way, but I never told you to pull them up.

Eddie Coyle

Call the new program, "Sea to Sea". It will take Noory's gang a decade of slowly sounding it out to get annoyed.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 03, 2015, 10:31:13 PM
Agreed, jazmunda! I was also wondering about Barbara McBeath. Did Brendon mention her that night? I don't recall him saying anything.

something was said was about her age or health

Art Bell

Dark Matter. I did not say none of the old Guests would be on, that's just silly but I intend to explore new things and ideas because the show needs fresh blood. Honestly I just don't or can not describe what will happen, if I could why do it? The magic is in the ride.

What I think happened with Dave is 1. He can not deal with anything unexpected so they stopped most open lines. 2. He is unable to deal with any technical topics so they limited his exposure to those and played it safe. I could go on but I will not. My point is when you have to become that careful you also remove what made the show a adventure to listen to. Now you pretty much know where it is going or put another way where it can not go.

Art

Danger!UFO

How could you NOT go at it with Richard C. Hoagland again!

Looking forward to the NEW RIDE, Art!

Art Bell's Dark Matter returns in July!

Art Bell

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 03, 2015, 10:34:37 PM
Pretty sure that Jimmy's name was mentioned on an old C2C broadcast with Art, as being part of the team.

Your pant's down crap on gabcast rub'ed me the wrong way, but I never told you to pull them up.

I know, he was not my cup of tea either but I guess there was some kind of falling out or something.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:46:05 PM
I know, he was not my cup of tea either but I guess there was some kind of falling out or something.

I could tell when you objected to calling him Chunga instead of Jimmy.

My favorite shows were open lines and real world people like Kaku, Edgar Mitchell, Dale Brown and others. Some of the best shows that Art did centered around science, especially physics and astronomy. I recently read "Riding Rockets" by Space Shuttle Astronaut Mike Mullane. It was an outstanding book and he would be a great interview. I hope you do these type of shows again Art.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 03, 2015, 10:27:08 PM
In fact, I would go with The Art Bell Show.
Yeeeeeessssss!

jazmunda

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 03, 2015, 10:34:37 PM

Was never mentioned. Trust me. The GIS was proud of the fact that they were a closed group that did not accept new members. They made a point of saying this a number of times. Brendon, Barbara, Barry, Roger & Jenny. No Jimmy Chunga.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:47:17 PM
I could tell when you objected to calling him Chunga instead of Jimmy.

I would love to call another grown man "chunga".

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:52:40 PM
Was never mentioned. Trust me. The GIS was proud of the fact that they were a closed group that did not accept new members. They made a point of saying this a number of times. Brendon, Barbara, Barry, Roger & Jenny. No Jimmy Chunga.

I think you're right. Foreigner.

jazmunda

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 03, 2015, 10:51:08 PM
Ding, ding, ding!

Damn you and your Art Bell looking avatar!!!!!

I thought you was the real Art Bell.  :'(

Art Bell

Look, not every show will be a gem, make no mistake I do not bill myself as a "nice guy" I am sure many will find me to be a foul tempered person at times because I do not like BS unless it is very entertaining BS. I try to be pleasant but I have my limits so I may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I can live with that.

Art

Khameleon808

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:41:15 PM

What I think happened with Dave is 1. He can not deal with anything unexpected so they stopped most open lines. 2. He is unable to deal with any technical topics so they limited his exposure to those and played it safe. I could go on but I will not. My point is when you have to become that careful you also remove what made the show a adventure to listen to. Now you pretty much know where it is going or put another way where it can not go.
Art

Nailed it.  As well as your post about telling him to "make it his own". Advice he clearly ignored.  Nailed that as well.    Everything felt so tacked on with his mug all over it.  I know first hand with people from the History channel what kinda person he is.  Ive edited for/with people that have worked with him personally.    I will offer every service in my arsenal to promote your program free of charge.  videos, animations,  sound mixing, anything.     I dont think he anticipates so many professionals in their field willing to help you.      If he thinks that takedown requests and making things seem uphill to you is gonna somehow make you appear alone in this, he's sorely mistaken.    I've been away from the forum for a while.  It was  only after i was reminded that the time is getting near, to start coming back here. And much to my surprise to see you active on here more than ever!    I even brought 8 new listeners to your program as well as this cast tonight who were instantly hooked on the whole AB world.    I got your back man.   Been a huge fan since 1995.     

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:53:55 PM
Damn you and your Art Bell looking avatar!!!!!

I thought you was the real Art Bell.  :'(

Ooops, my bad... ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM
Look, not every show will be a gem, make no mistake I do not bill myself as a "nice guy" I am sure many will find me to be a foul tempered person at times because I do not like BS unless it is very entertaining BS. I try to be pleasant but I have my limits so I may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I can live with that.

Art

You don't suffer fools. I always liked that about you as host. You're not a people pleaser who obsesses over people liking you.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM

Art

Speaking of tea; Earl Grey or Chamomile? Or are you still strictly a coffee guy?

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:52:40 PM

Beat me to it Jaz, thanks for bringing that up.  GIS were, and still are, my all time favorites.
No foul on Art, I could hear the "Is this guy serious...?" tone in his voice that night.  He didn't need to say it.

Redacted,

My wife heard you on the Gabcast tonight and she swears that she has heard you on TV before. Could this be true?