• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

popple

They wont let Dave have any real control, or C2C will end up like his horse farm. Hey did you know he used to have a horse farm? You might have missed him mentioning that 5 times in one hour.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 26, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

Evidently simply buying a legal copy (CD, Mp3, etc.) of a song does not give you the right to rebroadcast it.

From BMI:  http://www.bmi.com/licensing

I think you can legally upload to your Radionomy library if you own a CD.
Your Radionomy library gives you the rights to rebroadcast over Radionomy.

popple

So are people going to show up at Art's door and ask to see his CD collection and the receipts? Does this work for cassette, 8track, and vinyl records? Do you have to buy it from a store or can you get it at the flea market?  SOOOOOOO  MANY QUESTIONS.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 27, 2015, 01:48:58 PM
No, not at all. Art initially may have not wanted to go to terrestrial, but if you really think about it, terrestrial is the only platform that could give Art all he wanted. So I don't think he lied at all; he simply changed his mind.

Nope... not buying it, no siree, won't be any terrestrial radio. You and MV and others keep talk'in terrestrial, what you all got?
I got, Art's many posts, stating that no Terrestrial and the Internet is the future.
I'm ALL IN there will be NO Terrestrial radio.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: popple on February 27, 2015, 04:27:38 PM
So are people going to show up at Art's door and ask to see his CD collection and the receipts? Does this work for cassette, 8track, and vinyl records? Do you have to buy it from a store or can you get it at the flea market?  SOOOOOOO  MANY QUESTIONS.

I bet Art still has his 8Tracks, CB radio too.  Didn't he also say he once drove a Gremlin?

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

Quote from: popple link=topic=30.msg345616#msg345616 date=142507460f3
What happened to Mr potato head's mustache? There has to be a spare in the box.
He just doesn't look right without the stache.  Not that he ever looks quite right.

SnapT

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 27, 2015, 04:33:25 PM
Nope... not buying it, no siree, won't be any terrestrial radio. You and MV and others keep talk'in terrestrial, what you all got?
I got, Art's many posts, stating that no Terrestrial and the Internet is the future.
I'm ALL IN there will be NO Terrestrial radio.

For Art to dismiss terrestrial radio as an option would be uncharacteristically close-minded of him.

The internet is so 1995.  It's not the future, it's simply yet another tool in the content delivery toolbox.  The future is audio being pumped directly into your ear canal via vibrations of the thousands of nanobots that live inside your body.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 27, 2015, 04:24:20 PM
I think you can legally upload to your Radionomy library if you own a CD.
Your Radionomy library gives you the rights to rebroadcast over Radionomy.

That's just a repeat of Napster and Pandora trying to skirt copyright laws. Art ain't going get himself in entangled with those legal issues.
If Art, a big talent, signed with Radionomy it'd focus the copyright issues into the open. Gez even Dave would love to have that 'gift' to help make Art's life miserable.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on February 27, 2015, 12:36:19 PM
Happy Friday everybody!

Art

Happy Friiiiiiiiiday to you, sir.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SnapT on February 27, 2015, 04:42:15 PM
For Art to dismiss terrestrial radio as an option would be uncharacteristically close-minded of him.

The internet is so 1995.  It's not the future, it's simply yet another tool in the content delivery toolbox.  The future is audio being pumped directly into your ear canal via vibrations of the thousands of nanobots that live inside your body.

OK Snap T... I'll put my money where my mouth is... $20 bucks donated to Bellgab if I'm wrong.  ...NO TERRESTRIAL.. You in Boy?
I'll got more $, any you other punks want a piece of the action?

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 12:35:20 PM
I'll throw in my CCrane Twin Coil Ferrite® AM Antenna Signal Booster.  Maybe Art can sell it for big bucks to help cover bumper costs.

Forget global.  I'll suggest going universal with the Aricebo Radio Telescope.  George already has the jump on that one.

SnapT

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 27, 2015, 04:47:36 PM
OK Snap T... I'll put my money where my mouth is... $20 bucks donated to Bellgab if I'm wrong.  ...NO TERRESTRIAL.. You in Boy?
I'll got more $, any you other punks want a piece of the action?
I just said Art wouldn't totally dismiss the option.  But one thing that Art Bell isn't is predictable, so the only safe bet is no bet...

AZZERAE

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2015, 04:08:06 PM
i think george probably has very little control over anything, ultimately.

I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 27, 2015, 04:36:54 PM
I bet Art still has his 8Tracks, CB radio too.  Didn't he also say he once drove a Gremlin?

Geo Metro

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SnapT on February 27, 2015, 04:55:32 PM
I just said Art wouldn't totally dismiss the option.  But one thing that Art Bell isn't is predictable, so the only safe bet is no bet...
]

Chicken Sh*t    ....can't afford to donate $20?.... I'm good with that. ...How about $5 for Falkie's T shirt fund?

Redwolf

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

[attach=1]

Live Long and Prosper!

If it is Cumulus, then Art would be replacing The Dennis Miller show. Is that show popular?

nextgen.fm

Just checking in

Is Art still mentioning KNYE?

;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 27, 2015, 05:33:32 PM
It it is Cumulus, then Art would be replacing The Dennis Miller show. Is that show popular?
That works for me.  I haven't listened to that rambling wreck in years.  He can become O'Reilly's full-time synchophant.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 05:43:00 PM
That works for me.  I haven't listened to that rambling wreck in years.  He can become O'Reilly's full-time synchophant.

yes!

He comes on to get BIll O'reilly to laugh and seem more amicable!

That's his only purpose!

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

I'm taking this as a large clue that a big step forward - which can't be revealed right now - happened or is on the verge of happening

Quote from: nextgen.fm on February 27, 2015, 05:45:04 PM
yes!

He comes on to get BIll O'reilly to laugh and seem more amicable!

That's his only purpose!

Pretty sure that Dennis Miller is on during the afternoon

Chaim

Quote from: CornyCrow on February 27, 2015, 01:35:08 PM
Yeah.  This is interesting.  Noory is no longer giving Art credit in that list of names at the end of the show.  If Art were going into competition with Noory, that would be understandable. 
Art asked Noory to stop using his name at the end of each broadcast (if his handlers allowed it). No conspiracy here.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2015, 04:37:53 PM
He just doesn't look right without the stache.  Not that he ever looks quite right.

Art Bell

Hey, people are betting? Big money? Can I get in on it?

Art

sydtron

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 11:41:57 AM
I do NOT want to start a wild rumor.. just adding food for thought.
I have a contact at Cumulus radio I have used before. I called the person today and asked this; "Is there anyone there I can talk to regarding whether a certain person that may be joining with Cumulus?"   They were obliging my request and attempting to get a number.. then I said, "Specifically, is Art Bell coming to Cumulus?"  Suddenly the cooperation ended and the spirit turned a little more "I don't have a name to share with you" and "any negotiations with anyone would be private until the press release would be issued, if the name you said would be a player with us."

I for one am not reading anything into this.
But I am curious if others would?

And since we're a running soap opera of amazing posts and fun things, I wanted to share my call..
Again, as for me, I am not reading into it.

I said it before and I will say it again. 

GODAMN SHIT ON AN APPLE STICK!!!!!!

Chaim

Quote from: Art Bell on February 27, 2015, 07:03:42 PM
Hey, people are betting? Big money? Can I get in on it?

Art

http://youtu.be/0ts1DB6hFcQ
I bet 20$ you're broadcasting from there