• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: Falkie2013 link=topic=30.msg345011#msg345011 date=142499974f6
I would think that when it comes to Art the Snideley Whiplash would be George and Premrat not me.
Besides, I don't think there are any rail lines going to Pahrump.
And Art would have to catch me first. We DO have a speedy red Prius, y'know.  ;) :D
Ahem... it won't catch my Jag. :)

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:19:06 PM
I would think that when it comes to Art the Snideley Whiplash would be George and Premrat not me.
Besides, I don't think there are any rail lines going to Pahrump.
And Art would have to catch me first. We DO have a speedy red Prius, y'know.  ;) :D

I was choosing not to mention the "other guy".  :)

As for the story, I was just throwing something out there. Trying to be provocative, get the juices flowing with some satire. I don't expect Art to 'break bad', and pull a Walter White. "I AM THE DANGER!"

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:08:21 PM
" Worthless " ?

"Worthless" meaning that buying IPO stock with no face value, is worthless until there is a secondary market,... which isn't guaranteed.
Personal Value of owning an Official "ART BELL DARK MATTER stock certificate(s) PRICELESS.

Delphi

Great thanks for more good news

Falkie2013

Quote from: ItsOver on February 26, 2015, 07:20:13 PM
Ahem... it won't catch my Jag. :)

A Prius has a governor that won't let it go above 115.
Record for a Prius is 130. I got it up to 105 late one night. Kathy was yelling at me to slow down & I was having great fun.
I used to own a former Sactramento PD unmarked detectives car Dodge Diplomat. It could go 150. Fastest I ever got it was 130. Fast enough for me. :)

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 06:57:28 PM
Guys, I have 3 major must have items:

A Worldwide possible listenership by stream
A live FREE stream from 9PM-12AM Mon- Fri
My music

I have a big player who I believe can deliver these things.

If we get all that we will change things, it's looking good.

Art

It will all work out Art! Can't wait to hear you Ragin' into the night!  8)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:08:21 PM

Now onto another issue.
Noory has told me that Premiere is probably going to try to shut U7 down.
I've given him every LOGICAL argument for NOT doing so but he continues to defend Premiere, tells of their legal rights and refuses to consider going to the suits and tell them its counterproductive in the long run and in so many ways.
Or so it seems.
He broached the entire matter to me in a question and asked or MY opinion on it.
I told him MY sympathies lie with Art's fans and not a bunch of faceless corporate execs that only see profit and not the advantages of allowing such streams to continue.
I also told him that the fans would blame him and not the network if it happens.
I like George as a person but don't understand his not wanting to do anything to find a way to work with the people who love Art and crave even his old shows.
I just could not sit on this any longer. It disturbs me in a number of ways and is possibly deep down why I had so much trouble sleeping last night.
If revealing this blows my interview with him, so be it, but I cannot also understand George's motivations in taking such a position.
People want and crave Art Bell and since the days of Napster, trying to close the barn door of streaming and what George said is piracy is long past.
AS I understand it you can't download SIT.
That's a revenue mistake by the network too. They could easily allow people to download for a fee as they do with CTC.
I do wonder how much ACTUAL cash Premiere has on hand and if one could buy the network with $20-50 million in hard cash since they are supposedly broke. If I ever won the lotto for say, $ 300 million, I'd investigate doing just that and buy Premiere, re-organize, pay Noory off for his service and bring Art back.
Or create the all paranormal radio network with 24-7 paranormal shows and Art as the keystone at night.

Falkie, you are letting your heart control your thunk'in.
If Art monetizes his new show rebroadcasts and retains ownership, he would be against pirating too.
Art has stated so on old broadcasts.

Art doesn't own the 'rights' to his old shows. Premiere owns Art's old broadcasts and is doing what any company would do; protect their profit making assets.   

Falkie2013

Quote from: boba FETT on February 26, 2015, 07:09:41 PM
Art twists his mustache while twirling his black top hat. He stands above a frieghtened, gagged, and hog tied Falkie. Suddenly, without warning the railroad tracks begin to shake...Ft. Rock's loins have ached for years waiting for this moment...Falkie finally realizes, it's nearly midnight in the desert...the time is Nye.

Freightened ? ;D

I keep visualizing that somewhere in the desert near Art, there's a gigantic record player buried in the sand with giant 33's, 45's & 78's left by an alien race waiting for Art to play his bumper music one day.

In search of ancient platters.

ItsOver

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 26, 2015, 07:09:53 PM
"I'm freaking out.  My people are freaking out.  We're all just fantastically flipping out."
Name the movie this quote is from.  Or not.  Meanwhile, I'm freaking out.   ;D
I just don't want to hear "Game over, man, game over..."

Falkie2013

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 26, 2015, 07:44:47 PM
Falkie, you are letting your heart control your thunk'in.
If Art monetizes his new show rebroadcasts and retains ownership, he would be against pirating too.
Art has stated so on old broadcasts.

Art doesn't own the 'rights' to his old shows. Premiere owns Art's old broadcasts and is doing what any company would do; protect their profit making assets.

My point to Noory is that it alienates the old AB fans and that you can't stop streaming and pirating.
That FACT is here to stay.
Bateman called it perpetual whack-a-mole in an inbox to me.
Kill off on streaming site and another one rises to take its place.
I got an inbox offerring me to download the new Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie that won't be released until August.
I didn't take them up on it but the pirates ARE lurking.

I told Noory its like trying to cut the heads off a hydra that keeps growing back.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:45:21 PM
Freightened ? ;D

I keep visualizing that somewhere in the desert near Art, there's a gigantic record player buried in the sand with giant 33's, 45's & 78's left by an alien race waiting for Art to play his bumper music one day.

In search of ancient platters.

I tend to be a tad over-dramatic.  :) You wouldn't be scared. Grumpy, maybe?  ;D

That would be cool if there was such a record player. I hope Art plays those tunes once again! Keep calm & trust Art!

ItsOver

An U.N.C.L.E. movie this year?  Damn, that's a good sign.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:51:50 PM
My point to Noory is that it alienates the old AB fans and that you can't stop streaming and pirating.
That FACT is here to stay.
Bateman called it perpetual whack-a-mole in an inbox to me.
Kill off on streaming site and another one rises to take its place.
I got an inbox offerring me to download the new Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie that won't be released until August.
I didn't take them up on it but the pirates ARE lurking.

I told Noory its like trying to cut the heads off a hydra that keeps growing back.

All good points but again it's a 'heart' thunk'in thingie for you...
The music industry fought hard and won against Napster to protect their income assets.
If Napster was still around nobody would be paying a buck a song to itunes. 

Of course there will always be pirates... but put yourself in Premiere shoes, if one of your Falkie(sic) Vids started to make big bucks and someone pirated it and cut into your income, you'd be crying, not fair.

BTW: everynight I go to sleep listening to U7 or other pirated Art broadcasts, if I had to pay a few buck's a month to listen, I'd gladly pay.

paladin1991

My music

Art
OOOORAH!  July is looking closer and brighter all the time!

MikeJ

I hope Falkie is wrong about U7radio.  I listen to them all the time.

bateman

My music

Art

http://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:51:50 PM

^^^^ Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: EternalUndeadRadio on February 26, 2015, 07:14:58 PM
It has nothing to do with Belgian law. Just as any radio station should have a legal copy of a cd and not a cdr copy. People were uploading mp3 files that had metadata that referred to torrents or download sites.

Evidently simply buying a legal copy (CD, Mp3, etc.) of a song does not give you the right to rebroadcast it.

From BMI:  http://www.bmi.com/licensing

Q: Our business bought our own iPod, CDs, & gaming software. Isn’t this our property to play anywhere?

Although most people buy digital audio files, CDs, or games like Guitar Hero thinking they are now their property, there is a distinction in the law between owning a copy of the music and owning the actual songs that are played. When you buy an audio file, software, or CD, even those specifically marketed for business purposes, the purchase price covers only your private listening use, regardless of how they are labeled. Once you decide to play any copyrighted music publicly, you need permission from the copyright owners.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ItsOver on February 26, 2015, 07:55:32 PM
An U.N.C.L.E. movie this year?  Damn, that's a good sign.

The OHMSS site has been telling people news about it for weeks and also the new Bond movie Spoectre, costing $ 300 million to make !

Closing channel L.
Out.

http://www.007.com/

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/author/hmssweblog/

New post on The HMSS Weblog

Guy Ritchie tweets a behind-the-scenes U.N.C.L.E. still
by The Spy Command Editor

Logo for The Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie

Director Guy Ritchie took to Twitter to post a behind-the-scenes photograph of himself and his stars during filming of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie.

Based on the trailer released on Feb. 11, this was during filming of an early scene where Napoleon Solo (Henry Cavill) and Illya Kuryakin (Armie Hammer) get into a fight after being assigned to work with one another.

Principal photography occurred early September to early December 2013, with some reshoots in 2014.

The movie debuts Aug. 14. Presumably, this still is part of the gearing up of social media marketing efforts. For a timeline about the events related to the film's production, CLICK HERE.

Three men having fun in a karsie. #ManFromUNCLE #bts #onset pic.twitter.com/JElocGeMTB

â€" Guy Ritchie (@realguyritchie) February 26, 2015

Juan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
A Prius has a governor that won't let it go above 115.
Record for a Prius is 130. I got it up to 105 late one night. Kathy was yelling at me to slow down & I was having great fun.
I used to own a former Sactramento PD unmarked detectives car Dodge Diplomat. It could go 150. Fastest I ever got it was 130. Fast enough for me. :)
Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

[a brief thinking pause while Jake attempts to light a cigarette]

Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.

Falkie2013

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 26, 2015, 08:17:56 PM
^^^^ Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

I'm not justifying it, just making a statement of fact that you'll never stop piracy.

Noory asked me to correct myself.
Premiere is going to ask U7 to cease and desist not shut it down.
I told him that it seems to amount to the same thing.
He asked me if they stream other content or allow downloads.
I said I'd not been on there enough to know for certain.

Who on this board hasn't downloaded an old Art Bell show ?
Probably damned few.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 26, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

Evidently simply buying a legal copy (CD, Mp3, etc.) of a song does not give you the right to rebroadcast it.

You are confusing the two things. A licensing agreement with a performing rights organization is what gives you the right to rebroadcast it. The point is you can't rebroadcast an illegal copy of a CD or mp3 file.

Quote from: MikeJ on February 26, 2015, 08:06:45 PM
I hope Falkie is wrong about U7radio.  I listen to them all the time.
Imagine that. Snorty is worried about a radio legend that hasn't been on the air for the last five years.

I bet you Snorty's got a little weiner too.

Falkie2013

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 26, 2015, 08:57:09 PM
Imagine that. Snorty is worried about a radio legend that hasn't been on the air for the last five years.

I bet you Snorty's got a little weiner too.

George says its the network that wants to get them to stop not him and to not make him out to be the bad guy.
We've going back and forth on this for 2 days now.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Juan on February 26, 2015, 08:43:54 PM
Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

[a brief thinking pause while Jake attempts to light a cigarette]

Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.

Funny you should bring that up. It was dark BLUE but I didn't know then how or where to get it to pass smog.
Huge powerful engine but was a 1989 & got about 10 mpg. Still had the cop bumper on the front.
Lots of guys collect Diplomats and police cars.
And my lighter worked.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 08:50:59 PM
I'm not justifying it, just making a statement of fact that you'll never stop piracy.

Noory asked me to correct myself.
Premiere is going to ask U7 to cease and desist not shut it down.
I told him that it seems to amount to the same thing.
He asked me if they stream other content or allow downloads.
I said I'd not been on there enough to know for certain.

Who on this board hasn't downloaded an old Art Bell show ?
Probably damned few.

The Tune-In app. let's me hear Art 24/7. It's the luck of the draw, but I can hear Art.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 26, 2015, 09:01:05 PM
George says its the network that wants to get them to stop not him and to not make him out to be the bad guy.
We've going back and forth on this for 2 days now.
Well you should stop making up stories then.

b_dubb

Quote from: The General on February 26, 2015, 01:02:22 PM
Yes, they really went after Adam Carolla.  And for almost nothing, as far as I can tell.  They made up a lawsuit out of whole cloth because they smelled money.  I think they were just hoping Adam would pay them off and settle out of court.
Are these people creating BS lawsuits against Carolla and others just another flavor of patent trolls?

ge30542

You know, I'm not up on "pop-culture" that much, but I see Mr. Bell referencing a "big player" and "KNYE".
Is that Kanye West he's referring to? Is Kanye West the big player who will bankroll Art's music.
I think that's great.
I would've never figured Kanye West to be an AB fan, SHIZAAM!

Falkie2013

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 26, 2015, 08:04:00 PM
All good points but again it's a 'heart' thunk'in thingie for you...
The music industry fought hard and won against Napster to protect their income assets.
If Napster was still around nobody would be paying a buck a song to itunes. 

Of course there will always be pirates... but put yourself in Premiere shoes, if one of your Falkie(sic) Vids started to make big bucks and someone pirated it and cut into your income, you'd be crying, not fair.

BTW: everynight I go to sleep listening to U7 or other pirated Art broadcasts, if I had to pay a few buck's a month to listen, I'd gladly pay.

There are 6 sites that publish ALL my videos. I don't have a problem with it. It gets me more views.
You Tube somehow lost my first $100 in earnings & I've not had the time to find out how to fix that.
I'm doing the videos for more reasons other than $ as I've said repeatedly.
And Noory told me the interview is still on.
I DO object to the edited videos for a lot of reasons.