• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SaucyRossy

Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2015, 05:43:55 PM
Hope SaucyRossy returns with another DM trailer, those were pretty cool.

Thanks Zeeboo! Was planning on doing one epic one.

However, if the show does get the green light again, I think it's smart if I hold off on putting time into making any unless Art or Keith want me to.

jazmunda

Quote from: Marc.Knight on February 11, 2015, 07:47:19 PM
There are thousands of new artists willing to have their stuff played for free as bumper music.  Stopping the show over this triviality is like not taking an elevator if there's no music.

I can understand why Art wants his bumper music.

The bumper music was a great companion piece to the show. It really set the tone and mood for what was being discussed.

Personally, if it can't be used for the downloads then so be it. In the end I listen for Art and not for the bumper music. The bumper music is seared into my brain now and I will just hum along as he fades out for commercials. Heck I know the commercials off by heart too. I'll read them in my head too if that will bring Art back.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on February 11, 2015, 07:54:21 PM
Thanks Zeeboo! Was planning on doing one epic one.

However, if the show does get the green light again, I think it's smart if I hold off on putting time into making any unless Art or Keith want me to.

Good to see you again Saucy.

Just make sure the music you use is licensed.

Too soon? :D ;) :P

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on February 11, 2015, 07:55:39 PM
I can understand why Art wants his bumper music.

Me too, but shit changes.  He needs to evolve.  If broadcasting again is so important to him, why drop everything just because he can't use the same old stuff he's used for years. 

Kelt

I wanna take a ride... but this vehicle is going nowhere.

Next stop, right where we are now.

All aboard the Failbus.

Dateline

Art, step back and think!

A marketing opportunity has been laid in your lap.  There has been some discussion that newer and younger listeners are not aware of your massive talents.  You should solicit tapes and demos for artists to contribute to the bumper music of all genres to the show.  You will be inundated and also there will be new listeners that will not only be listening to the music, but will be introduced to your talents.  The bumpers could be a mix of this and royalty-free music and Dark Matter moves into the new era in online streaming.

You have been a trend-setter in the past, and you could be again.  Sigh!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: SaucyRossy on February 11, 2015, 07:45:42 PM

2. Art needs a producer, not a webmaster. A producer with real world radio experience.

^^This.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on February 11, 2015, 07:56:50 PM
Good to see you again Saucy.

Just make sure the music you use is licensed.

Too soon? :D ;) :P

Haha no, right on. Good to see you too.

AZZERAE

There are thousands of new artists willing to have their stuff played for free as bumper music.  Stopping the show over this triviality is like not taking an elevator if there's no music.

An elevator without music... now that's hell!

The bumper music was so very crucial to what the show was about, I cannot conceive of an Art Bell show without his careful selection of musical gems, right on the spot.

saab93driver

Art's a showman.....maybe it could be another ploy of his to keep up the momentum with drama and fresh dialog while waiting for the first new show.  You know, to stay relevant.  All that talk about what first guest to put on and the sparring match with Noory and shit will only take it all so far and we have (had) a few months to go. But it is Art Bell and he does have a history.  I could be giving him too much credit.

AZZERAE

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 11, 2015, 07:23:21 PM
There always is.  Jaz & Bateman are a couple of sharp dudes. 

But, for those who didn't read HorrorReporter's post, Art said he is not quitting, he just has to figure this out first.  As you said, this too shall pass.

He's keeping us in the loop of production.  These are the kinds of things that happen behind the scenes.

I actually also missed HorrorReporter's Facebook screen grab along with the others, but I just know this can't be the end... Well I hope anyway!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Catsmile on February 11, 2015, 07:11:53 PM
One more pair of words. "Buzz words" They always get problems solved, or at least sound cool on the surface.
Well, "crowdsourcing" is on the buzzword list, and is exactly what is going on in this thread with the above suggestions from the Bellgab "crowd."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_buzzwords

But in this case, these are more than "buzzwords." Creative Commons a buzzword? Nope. It's an existing legal methodology to use music, and is a valid option. "Extensive network" is also quite descriptive in this case. I'd call your comment a strike, keeps swinging snarky.
mf

Catsmile

Quote from: Daggit on February 11, 2015, 07:42:49 PM
Keith would probably forget to advise him that you need to call the electricity company to get it connected.

The fact that Keith would have to remind a man who OWNED KNYE-FM 95.1, a radio station that PLAYS MUSIC, and uses electricity. The biggest SHOCK is he didn't see all this coming, and have a plan in place a year and a half later, before he went to promoting a show. Fly by night, half baked. Speaking of baked, pass me the dubious.  ::)

EDIT: It's times like theze I REALLY miss, Ramona.  (Sigh)

popple

Quote from: SaucyRossy on February 11, 2015, 07:45:42 PM
2. Art needs a producer, not a webmaster. A producer with real world radio experience. Even with the tiny amount of experience I have, I would of saw this problem coming from a mile away.
Keith blows and even Gnoory + staff send friendlier replies to concerns.

I'll just leave this here for anyone feeling like they're in an abusive relationship from the constant ups and downs http://www.thehotline.org/

EarthAlien007

The only important "buzzword" is, Art's gonna be back.
This shit is gonna work itself out.
It's gonna start with Crystal Gayle and her song.
If the musicians have to individually allow Art to use their music, this can get interesting.
Art Bell has proved to be a game changer, time and time again.

cweb

Quote from: Daggit on February 11, 2015, 07:30:12 PM
Somewhere in Hell George Noory just farted in delight.
"Somewhere in Hell." Heh, that could be the name of the Noory "clashic" shows when they get rebroadcast.  :)

Like myself and others have said, I'm not gonna call it a DONE deal with Art. It could just be a bump in the road.

We all want more Art Bell shows, but I can't bring myself to rage if he ends up deciding he isn't in it. Better to walk away if he thinks he can't give enough than to stick around and half-ass it like his Coast to Coast replacement did.

BattyBrooke

This is a very viable option, brilliant really. Art could solicit song submissions from independent artists and sift through them to find a few, to start, that speak to him. Would it not be time well spent? Artists would then get exposure they desperately need, Art would broaden his music library with songs he would not have otherwise even known about, and WE would get the show we have been waiting for. It'd be a win for everyone.

I never thought I'd say this, but if this does not happen, I will be done. I will no longer hold out hope or continue this wishful thinking. To do so would be masochistic.

zeebo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on February 11, 2015, 07:54:21 PM
...I think it's smart if I hold off on putting time into making any unless Art or Keith want me to.

I hate to say it but this sounds prudent .... still got my fingers crossed though that the show will go forward somehow and we'll get another nice SR promo. 

EarthAlien007

July is a ways away.
What's going on now is just a little drama to hold us over until then.
Something to give Noory an excuse to be over medicated for a bit longer.

bateman

Worst case scenario is $24 per month for a subscription. Which no one would be willing to pay. Ways to bring that down: sponsors to offset the cost to the listener, and using at least a few "free" songs per show. $24 is worst case scenario.

wr250

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 11, 2015, 08:16:19 PM
This is a very viable option, brilliant really. Art could solicit song submissions from independent artists and sift through them to find a few, to start, that speak to him. Would it not be time well spent? Artists would then get exposure they desperately need, Art would broaden his music library with songs he would not have otherwise even known about, and WE would get the show we have been waiting for. It'd be a win for everyone.

I never thought I'd say this, but if this does not happen, I will be done. I will no longer hold out hope or continue this wishful thinking. To do so would be masochistic.

how about some clashics from jorch snoory and the davebots.
you know ,like :
the toomeric blues
crankin carnivora
all the dead children

Art_s Farts

SCORPION ARMY NEWS BULETIN

In 3....2....1.....

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on February 11, 2015, 08:26:54 PM
how about some clashics from jorch snoory and the davebots.

they do some great doo-wop ballads, and a couple ufo phil covers too.

Catsmile

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 11, 2015, 08:04:43 PM
Well, "crowdsourcing" is on the buzzword list, and is exactly what is going on in this thread with the above suggestions from the Bellgab "crowd."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_buzzwords

But in this case, these are more than "buzzwords." Creative Commons a buzzword? Nope. It's an existing legal methodology to use music, and is a valid option. "Extensive network" is also quite descriptive in this case. I'd call your comment a strike, keeps swinging snarky.
mf
Art would be better served it seems, by getting a few pros to advise him, instead of having a bunch of neophytes spew uninformed facts & opinions. I mistakenly thought Art being in radio all of his life would have a better handle on how to put together a show.

If he can afford $20,000.00 on a studio. Maybe think about paying pros around a grand or less, to look at an outline of the show Art wants, and see if feasible. Before publicly promoting what seems to be a pipe dream, at this point. Or he can take more advice from the likes of successful Mr. Fidget, and myself.

P.S. Liked your appearance on the GabCast, Feb.10. You weren't talking a mile a minute, and were conversing with the host. The most informative you have ever been, again good call. Keep it up, and don't let the man get you down.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on February 11, 2015, 08:26:20 PM
Worst case scenario is $24 per month for a subscription. Which no one would be willing to pay. Ways to bring that down: sponsors to offset the cost to the listener, and using at least a few "free" songs per show. $24 is worst case scenario.

I'll pay the $24 a month out of my own pocket. Problem solved. Shows back on. Art hit me up on PM.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on February 11, 2015, 08:34:44 PM
I'll pay the $24 a month out of my own pocket. Problem solved. Shows back on. Art hit me up on PM.

Per listener. Per month.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on February 11, 2015, 08:36:37 PM
Per listener. Per month.

Oh. Crap.

Screw you guys.

Jazmunda only looks after Jazmunda.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on February 11, 2015, 08:34:44 PM

And I'll buy jaz a monthly jar of vegemite to help defray his costs.  Let's do this.

wr250

or if he would simulcast on knye, he could use their music agreement to cover his show.
im sure crystal gayle would let art use any song in a heartbeat (the beat of the eye as the nooron would say) , i dont know if she owns the right to do so though.

onan

Either Art will or he won't. I am not going to wring my hands. Nice if he does, if he doesn't... same as it ever was.