• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 10, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
It looks like it says "Art Matters".
heh. I was trying to make it look like the letters were breaking apart. Hard to tell because its only one frame, but I made the scene in a weightless environment, so the letters break apart and float away, in slow motion. Perhaps I'll work more on it, tweak the letters and their materials, and render a full animation.

Catsmile

Looks good so far.
Maybe dial back the J.J. Abrams filter.

coaster

Quote from: Catsmile on February 10, 2015, 05:22:28 PM
Looks good so far.
Maybe dial back the J.J. Abrams filter.
Abrams came to mind as I was putting it in. Damn thing goes overboard when you apply the lens filter. Btw, if anyone is interested, this is where I throw my 3d doodles and whatnot. http://doodle4d.tumblr.com

zeebo

Hope SaucyRossy returns with another DM trailer, those were pretty cool.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on February 10, 2015, 05:00:46 PM
Indeed. I just let it render for a few hours and didn't have the time to change anything, as I would have to wait another few hours to see the results. Basically just a test render. Twas fun though.

it takes hours for a still photo to render?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on February 10, 2015, 05:16:41 PM
heh. I was trying to make it look like the letters were breaking apart. Hard to tell because its only one frame, but I made the scene in a weightless environment, so the letters break apart and float away, in slow motion. Perhaps I'll work more on it, tweak the letters and their materials, and render a full animation.

oh, ok... nm.

coaster

Quote from: MV on February 10, 2015, 05:45:44 PM
it takes hours for a still photo to render?
Depending on the settings, the renderer, and the computer you're using. Sometimes renders for one frame take a long time, so I render overnight. Sometimes they take a few minutes. You can also use a render farm, which is a network of computers to render.

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on February 10, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
You can also use a render farm, which is a network of computers to render.

Perhaps we can set up a Team Coaster Render at Home app that we can all run to speed up the process à la the Team Art Bell SETI at Home software. :P ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on February 10, 2015, 05:59:25 PM
Perhaps we can set up a Team Coaster Render at Home app that we can all run to speed up the process à la the Team Art Bell SETI at Home software. :P ;)

i'll bet you there's something like that.

Heather Wade

Art Bell sighting. 

Old_Flash

I could speed that up!

BattyBrooke

I was on a subreddit (from the site Reddit)called creepy, and I was responding to a comment someone made about a post of a recording of one of Art's most famous calls. The responses I got were scary and completely insane.

BattyBrooke

Regarding my last post, I invited them both here. You're welcome, guys.

BattyBrooke

Artbell.com (Kieth) just posted this link on twitter asking everyone to give their livestream via youtube a try right now while they're testing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNYajzNQUG8

jazmunda

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 11, 2015, 01:27:19 AM
Artbell.com (Kieth) just posted this link on twitter asking everyone to give their livestream via youtube a try right now while they're testing.

Thanks for the link.

pate

I am actually interested in WTF I am listening to on that live stream.  Is this a regular thing now?  I'm bookmarking it just in case...

pate

Kieth, if you are reading this, I notice the stream cuts out here and there, but it seems to be related to when I am navigating around on the web, so it might very well be my end.  Not saying it isn't your end;  I have Google (evil!) Fiber, so in theory I have a gigabit intar-tube connection.  Still could be my hardware, I know I have a crappy video card, but I can't see that being the issue.  I intend to up the RAM on this system to 32GB (I'm at 8GB now...)

pate

Ah yes, the Nazi Antartic base, love that story.  Look into the Forrestal (suicide?) death in the Truman administration... There might be a connection?

pate

Then that Navy ship that Jorch was on the Forrestal? I think burnt all up?  I bet Jorch had something to do with that, since there's no coincindences...

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 09, 2015, 09:08:54 PM
Fair Use doctrine is still a grey area when it comes to podcasting.

Using music in podcasts (live webcasts or downloads) is a complex issue.  Yes, evidently the Fair Use doctrine is open to interpretation, sounds risky.  This is a blog that addresses the subject, lots of excellent info to wade through here.

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/2015/02/articles/beware-of-music-in-your-podcasts-soundexchange-ascap-bmi-and-sesac-dont-give-you-the-rights-you-need/

pate

Is it possible to contact ASCAP, BMI and SESAC directly to determine what should be an industry standard (podcasting being the industry) for this issue? 

Things change and I imagine if they want their chunka change they'll need to figure something out.  Unless they like the hassle and strong-man tactics of chasing all the billions of individual podcasters out there....

ksm32

Give a listen to the first fifteen minutes of the 2006-09-02 show when you get the chance. You would think he (AB) was on last night.

..the muslim problem.. No capital M for them.

pate

At least Art doesn't run the risk of being branded an "apostate" by "them" (them musselmen, moors, whichever...) like some other folks...

Plus not capitalizing mujadeen (sp) takes balls, and not every radio broadcaster has those...

pate

Somebody tell Keith that the youtube live feed sounds fine...

At least in my undisclosed location in my mom's basement!

IcicleTrepan

Just when I thought I was out..

I go listening to the bellgab podcast and hearing about Art coming back and you've all pulled me back in.

I can't help it, I'm excited again even though I shouldn't be.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on February 11, 2015, 09:19:56 AM
Just when I thought I was out..

I go listening to the bellgab podcast and hearing about Art coming back and you've all pulled me back in.

I can't help it, I'm excited again even though I shouldn't be.

noooo, you should be.

morgana213

I'm late!  Is the test done?  I'm getting "This video is private.  Sorry about that."

Daggit

This is one off those cases where Keith needs to communicate with Art better. Keith should have used Art to spread the word on Facebook to all his followers to test the YouTube stream. I understand that it might have been a late night last minute thing but Keith should use Art's tens of thousands of followers on Facebook to really test this out. I'm sure this will happen but just putting it or there in case it's not.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 11, 2015, 02:12:09 AM
Using music in podcasts (live webcasts or downloads) is a complex issue.  Yes, evidently the Fair Use doctrine is open to interpretation, sounds risky.  This is a blog that addresses the subject, lots of excellent info to wade through here.

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/2015/02/articles/beware-of-music-in-your-podcasts-soundexchange-ascap-bmi-and-sesac-dont-give-you-the-rights-you-need/

Thanks for the link Lt Uhuru, it was interesting reading.
I also found this site of free music(?).
http://freemusicarchive.org/

QuoteThe Free Music Archive is an interactive library of high-quality, legal audio downloads directed by WFMU, the most renowned freeform radio station in America.

Every MP3 you discover on The Free Music Archive is pre-cleared for certain types of uses that would otherwise be prohibited by copyright laws that were not designed for the digital era. These uses vary and are determined by the rights-holders themselves (please see our FAQ)

sydtron

If you guys havent seen Arts facebook page. THERES AN UPDATE COMMING.
AND ITS NOT GOOD! Im sure Art will be along shortly to post here.  GODDAMNIT!!!!