• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

I echo the bumper music question..
It was on the top of my mind as well

Needle woman

Thanks for posting, Art!  I am so excited to know I'll hear you live this summer!
I always enjoyed your "special lines" such as the secret agent and time traveler ones, would love to hear them occasionally.

Needle woman

Aw, my birthday is 6-6, how fitting to post on page 666. :)

Eddie Coyle

Beating Iron Maiden to the punch by a decade...

b_dubb

Quote from: Art Bell on January 31, 2015, 09:19:28 PM
For the record,
Yes it was me in the chat room. I spent most of the time trying to prove it
was me. At any rate it was.

Art
Responding to questions from the safety of the chat room. Well played sir.

Needle woman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 31, 2015, 10:05:07 PM
What chat room was this?

Anyone mind sharing which chat room you all are referring to?

coaster

They are probably talking about the gabcast chat room.

jazmunda

Are you going to go back to the East/West of the Rockies call in model or has that too commandeered by C2CAM? Also will you be taking calls from international listeners (read needy Australians)?

Needle woman

Quote from: coaster on January 31, 2015, 11:57:16 PM
They are probably talking about the gabcast chat room.

Oh, ok, thanks.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 31, 2015, 11:45:00 PM

I've said it before, but I love your taste in music my man.  CAN, Nomi, and now Vangelis' first band - impeccable. 

What do you think of Soft Machine?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on January 31, 2015, 11:59:12 PM
Also will you be taking calls from international listeners (read needy Australians)?

Art, this fella is much closer to you than we Yanks are. ;)

sydtron

Quote from: Art Bell on January 31, 2015, 11:20:36 PM
A few thoughts,

I am by nature a competitor but it has to be a near even playing field. I was in a situation where
in order for people to listen to my show they had to pony up about $180.00 a Year and buy a
special receiver when I was on Sirius/XM, combine that with a streaming service that had drop out
problems and...well it was not close to a even field. That is not to say that Sat radio is less in any
way, as a service to deliver to cars and trucks it's great!

Now comes July. We will provide a FREE stream at a decent bit rate for anybody who would like
to listen on a Computer, Phone, or device of your choice. It will be a great show with very few
commercials. There will be some special features that I can not talk about now because they
would be copied. We will have enough time to explore topics without breaks so long you almost
forget what was being talked about. We will do the show from 9PM-12AM P.T. Monday-Friday.

For those who would like a higher bit rate and Stereo there will be a charge of some sort, if you
decide to pay a few bucks, that will also allow you to download a Stereo Podcast version of the show at
a high bit rate and listen anytime you like. You will also get other benefits. However the live show
will be FREE to all.

Most of all I will do my best to deliver a quality product, that is how to lead in the Broadcast world.
I am more than convinced that radio as we know it today is slipping away and shares are shrinking
for AM so fast that I expect the Hams who first used what is now the AM band will get it back one day
in the not very distant future. I am very excited about what is getting closer by the day.

Art Bell

Would be neat to hear Hams on 200m.  I couldnt even fathom the lenth of antenna you would nees for that operation!
Cant wait to get my General class! Right now all I have is a 4w Talkie.  Ah hell, who am I kidding. I just need a country house with a crank up tower. Haha.  KD9BWU

Heather Wade

A few thoughts,

I am by nature a competitor but it has to be a near even playing field. I was in a situation where
in order for people to listen to my show they had to pony up about $180.00 a Year and buy a
special receiver when I was on Sirius/XM, combine that with a streaming service that had drop out
problems and...well it was not close to a even field. That is not to say that Sat radio is less in any

Now comes July. We will provide a FREE stream at a decent bit rate for anybody who would like
to listen on a Computer, Phone, or device of your choice. It will be a great show with very few
commercials. There will be some special features that I can not talk about now because they
would be copied. We will have enough time to explore topics without breaks so long you almost
forget what was being talked about. We will do the show from 9PM-12AM P.T. Monday-Friday.

For those who would like a higher bit rate and Stereo there will be a charge of some sort, if you
decide to pay a few bucks, that will also allow you to download a Stereo Podcast version of the show at
a high bit rate and listen anytime you like. You will also get other benefits. However the live show
will be FREE to all.

Most of all I will do my best to deliver a quality product, that is how to lead in the Broadcast world.
I am more than convinced that radio as we know it today is slipping away and shares are shrinking
for AM so fast that I expect the Hams who first used what is now the AM band will get it back one day
in the not very distant future. I am very excited about what is getting closer by the day.

Art Bell

Thank you for answering all of our questions.  Agreed it's best to keep your plans top secret for now so that other show has the least information as possible.  Everyone knows you can make quality radio in your sleep, so, no worries on the quality of your product.  Listening to your old shows, I hope you install the thing that changes your voice so you sound like the devil.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on February 01, 2015, 12:08:49 AM
I've said it before, but I love your taste in music my man.  CAN, Nomi, and now Vangelis' first band - impeccable. 

What do you think of Soft Machine?

Thanks, man. And as far as Soft Machine goes, pretty big fan-own all of the 1968-75 stuff. Thirds my favorite album overall. Bundles I could listen to all day because of Allan Holdsworth's contributions.

And, so we're not accused of going off topic, Soft Machine's instrumental passages would make for fine bumper music for Art's new program. A good 3 or 4 of us would recognize it!

Needle woman

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 01, 2015, 12:13:55 AM

Thank you for answering all of our questions.  Agreed it's best to keep your plans top secret for now so that other show has the least information as possible.  Everyone knows you can make quality radio in your sleep, so, no worries on the quality of your product.  Listening to your old shows, I hope you install the thing that changes your voice so you sound like the devil.

Lol!  I laughed so hard one time when he changed his voice like that while talking to JC, so funny!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 31, 2015, 11:27:11 PM
Hey Art,

What are your plans regarding bumper music?  Aren't the royalty costs likely to be probitive if you want to play the music so many of us associate with your show?

I've also been wanting to know.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 31, 2015, 11:45:00 PM

Aphrodite's Child!  That evokes fond memories of my long ago youthfulness and gives me hope for the (relatively) younger generation!
"Seven trumpets the sound of thunder
Seven trumpets the threatening anger!

Seven trumpets the trembling voice
Seven trumpets you've got no choice!

Damn!  Thank you, Eddie Coyle!  Cheers!

[attachimg=1]

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 01, 2015, 12:28:35 AM

Aphrodite's Child!  That evokes fond memories of my long ago youthfulness and gives me hope for the (relatively) younger generation!

Damn!  Thank you, Eddie Coyle!  Cheers!

[attachimg=1]

Bless you for referring to me as (relatively) younger, it's a rare instance for me. Yes, Aphrodite's Child-the music my parents didn't listen to >:(  as my nursery was filled with strains of "The Hustle", "Love Will Keep Us Together" and "I Write The Songs". No wonder I was a headbanger by the time I was 8.

Cheers! (Spilled more beer...my pant leg looks like the map of Africa at this time of night)

Morgus

Noory is probably going crazy reading here tonite and seeing that Art Bell's thread is now on page 666.
Noory would say "that can't be a coincidence" and then equate Art's return to that of the anti-christ? 8)

Art Bell

Of course all my Bumper music will be there, how could I do a show without it?

Art

Stranger929

A few thoughts,

will be FREE to all.

Art Bell

I will be subscribing as soon as it's available.

zeebo

will be FREE to all.

Please sign me up for the platinum-level super-deluxe ultimate pro plan.     8)

popple

What about the wormhole?  :o

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 12:48:55 AM

Art

Can't wait to hear Midnight in the Desert once again.

Quote from: zeebo on February 01, 2015, 12:52:31 AM

Make that two.

Morgus

Art
Excellent!
Its a total shame that Noory and PremRat poached all your personally selected bumper music titles over the years,
Noory even had the audacity to use recently the Crystal Gayle song "Midnight in the Desert" that was written for you personally...  :(

coaster

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 01, 2015, 12:54:02 AM

Can't wait to hear Midnight in the Desert once again.
^^

jazmunda

Art

Fact: I have only ever sung along to ABBA listening to your show.

It's a secret I will take to my grave.

popple

Quote from: Morgus on February 01, 2015, 12:54:53 AM
Noory even had the audacity of recently using the Crystal Gayle song "Midnight in the Desert" that was written for you personally...  :(
Never trust a Gnoory

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on February 01, 2015, 12:52:31 AM

I'm paying a little extra to get the rust proofing.

Needle woman

Art

I fell in love with Cusco through your show!