• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

mib12890

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 01, 2011, 12:48:44 AM
If and when Art posts on Fantastic Forum will let everyone know, he requested his password about a week ago and I sent him instructions on how to get a new one...he never remembers his password.  So far he hasn't posted, maybe he changed his mind or could be traveling, who knows.  When something like this happens he has always posted in the past.

The fact is we may hear nothing, not holding my breath.

Yeah, I check every day hoping to see a new post by him.  I got a chuckle out of you saying he can never remember his password  ;D

ArtBellFan

Quote from: mib12890 on January 01, 2011, 12:52:42 AM
Yeah, I check every day hoping to see a new post by him.  I got a chuckle out of you saying he can never remember his password  ;D

It is true, he has emailed me and asked me to send his password, I don't have it, if you forget you have to put in your user name and hit log in and a screen comes up to put your email in and it automatically sends you a link to put in a new password..in the past when he requested his passward he always posts so we shall see.

mib12890

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 01, 2011, 12:56:30 AM

It is true, he has emailed me and asked me to send his password, I don't have it, if you forget you have to put in your user name and hit log in and a screen comes up to put your email in and it automatically sends you a link to put in a new password..in the past when he requested his passward he always posts so we shall see.

Considering the length of time since his last post, one wouldn't think he would ask for it if he wasn't going to post.  Maybe he is just waiting for something, or like you said could be traveling.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 01, 2011, 12:56:30 AM

finally.  a post i can believe in.

Quote from: Fort Rock on December 31, 2010, 02:32:01 PM
All I'll say is this was the dullest, most bland predictions first show I have ever heard! Ian Punnett has probably made a 1000 points as to why Art is coming back. Art must have been laughing his head off, or crying at the inept performance he's heard! They need to make a Gilligan's Island remake with George Noory as the Skipper, and Ian Punnett as Gilligan, oh and Richard C. Hoagland as the Professor, Linda Moulton Howe as Mary Ann, Gerald Celente as Thurston Howell III, we're short Ginger Grant, and Lovey Howell! This was the deal maker for affiliates as to why they NEED Art Bell!

Ginger = the Numbers Lady
Lovey Howell = Tanya Roberts (TAHITI VILLAGE!)

I like Ian but he has been arguing with prediction callers tonight.

?
IT'S A PREDICTION!

FortRock

And a post that I'm holding my breath on, and praying on! We need a miracle in 2011, and that is the return of Art Bell!! I think the length of time between him requesting his password, and actually writing something is a good sign. He may be getting situated in Pahrump as we exchange posts here. Will monitor Fantastic Forum at least every 2 hours from now on!

John Henneman

In his own time and place Art will be back with us one way or another. My wife is Filipina-American .USA Citizen Philippine dual citizen .We will retire in Philippines. I hope Art and Family will chose to stay in Philippines. Communication is Global.Art doesn't need to move back to USA to broadcast. They really do have quality Broadcasters in the Philippines who can provide him with the same or better equipment then Premier.
Art take your timeand when you are ready let us know. Your million + supporters will follow you .God Bless you and your family Art.

John Henneman

One thing for sure.. .when Art returns to the radio broadcast or this forum He needs to do the "real 2011 Prediction Show"

awguy

Anybody hear the call to the Show last night? Caller asked "Hey, doesn't Art usually do this?" Ian Replied "Art chose not to do it this year".

coastfan

I heard it, too. And right after Ian said that, the caller went into his prediction.

FortRock

To John Henneman:
Art needs to announce something soon, George Noory's, and Ian Punnett's reliance on End Times material is degrading the intellectual merit of everything Art worked at to build Coast! Many of us in the Adult Survivor Of Child Abuse community remain angry at George for spending a full hour talking about the death of Michael Jackson, Art would NOT have done so! If George wants to talk End Times, there are plenty of religious stations to do such at! I hope Art is monitoring this, George and Ian are ruining your legacy! Art you don't have time to make the transition slowly! We, Art, are in a new Mike Siegal scenario, it is time to end this horrific run! 

DTSguy

Just cancelled my streamlink subscription.  I'll live on old Art re-runs.  George is pure milquetoast.....boring.....bland.  Doesn't challenge anything and hardly a skeptical bone in him.

That NYE Prediction show was just horrible.....I wait all year for Art's prediction show.

Bosco

Quote from: DTSguy on January 01, 2011, 08:14:30 PM
Just cancelled my streamlink subscription.  I'll live on old Art re-runs.  George is pure milquetoast.....boring.....bland.  Doesn't challenge anything and hardly a skeptical bone in him.

That NYE Prediction show was just horrible.....I wait all year for Art's prediction show.

Nothing like starting the new year right.

Bravo !

John Henneman

Quote from: Fort Rock on January 01, 2011, 03:09:23 PM
To John Henneman:
Art needs to announce something soon, George Noory's, and Ian Punnett's reliance on End Times material is degrading the intellectual merit of everything Art worked at to build Coast! Many of us in the Adult Survivor Of Child Abuse community remain angry at George for spending a full hour talking about the death of Michael Jackson, Art would NOT have done so! If George wants to talk End Times, there are plenty of religious stations to do such at! I hope Art is monitoring this, George and Ian are ruining your legacy! Art you don't have time to make the transition slowly! We, Art, are in a new Mike Siegal scenario, it is time to end this horrific run!

There are lots-of areas where Art's fundamental beliefs are different than the new crew members. Personally I think things started to split when Art should at least some support of Obama where at time's Noory has had guests claiming Obama was all sort of things.
Its time for Art to make the break but I do hope he continues to do the new show from the Philippines because it adds to the international character of the show. I agree with keeping Art's show  from being political but sometimes things need to be said.

Wow... MV is playing an Art show from April 2010 on the stream right now. Holy jesus Art is in open lines and he can't even string two coherent calls together. The pack of retards who call into C2C now can't even figure out how to work a phone. I don't blame Art for running from the program.

ringthane

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on January 02, 2011, 03:07:59 AM
Wow... MV is playing an Art show from April 2010 on the stream right now. Holy jesus Art is in open lines and he can't even string two coherent calls together. The pack of retards who call into C2C now can't even figure out how to work a phone. I don't blame Art for running from the program.

This.

When Bell came back as a guest host and would do screened open lines, I was always wondering why the eff it was just so... G*d, terrible. Bell's old unscreened open lines were chaotic, messy, interesting, never boring and had their own maniacal orderliness to them.

Art transitions to screened calls through the new (current) production team and it just turned into a steaming pile of ugh. It made a few things clear to me -- Art and Ramona did a fantastic 'hands-on' job of producing the show, and the current production standards are terrible.

It will be interesting (if and when) George Noory decides to address this issue .. as fans see Art Bell references on the Coast website being changed or altered--if such occurs--I would imagine the most decided followers will abandon ship.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DTSguy on January 01, 2011, 08:14:30 PM
Just cancelled my streamlink subscription.  I'll live on old Art re-runs.

Sy-Klone

I just discovered this site yesterday.

Like most of you, I was looking forward to Art's New Year Predictions shows, only to find Ian hosting. Nothing against Ian (who I like), but I miss Art. When I found out Art wasn't hosting the New Year's shows, I did some digging and found that they'd deleted his bio and references to him as host on the Coast to Coast site. That lead me to investigate further, and that investigation led me here.

I don't know what to believe as far as the rumors are concerned. I only know this: Art Bell *is* Coast to Coast AM, he's a master showman and an icon for paranormal fans. I wish him well. I hope everything is okay. I'd love to hear Art back behind a microphone, if only as some sort of internet radio / podcast / small scale project. The thought of Art Bell being essentially driven off the radio airwaves (whatever the reason for that may be) leaves me disheartened.

I'm a "Coast Insider" (formerly Streamlink) only for the streaming Art Bell content. If they stop posting classic Art episodes or if Somewhere in Time goes away, I'll be canceling my subscription. Hopefully, I'll be able to find streaming classic Coast featuring Art Bell elsewhere.

This whole thing makes me sad, though. Now, if Art chimes in and says, "I'm retiring to spend time with my family," I'll be right there wishing him well. Hate to see him go, but I respect his decision. But if this wasn't Art's decision...I don't know. It's the not knowing that kicks up speculation. I'd like to see Art himself address the issue. Because listening to Art's signoff on G2G 2010, Art clearly says, "We next they call my name, I'll be right here." That doesn't sound like someone who is "winding down" and about whom one can say that they "don't anticipate him doing any more shows." Could that have changed in 2 months? I suppose. I don't know.

All I can do is keep hoping that this isn't the beginning of the end of Art Bell radio.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sy-Klone on January 02, 2011, 11:50:23 AM
Hopefully, I'll be able to find streaming classic Coast featuring Art Bell elsewhere.
demonoid.me - and if you need an invitation code to sign up, let me know.

welcome to the forums.  post often.

Silent

Maybe MV is being a little modest?  He runs an Art Bell stream you can tap into.

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,433.0.html

I second demonoid also.  You'll find lots of shows there to download and listen to at your lesiure if the live stream isn't appealing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on January 02, 2011, 12:40:12 PM
Maybe MV is being a little modest?  He runs an Art Bell stream you can tap into.

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,433.0.html
haha, oops... i forgot.  yeah, there's this too!

Well, it took the mysterious "disappearance" of Art Bell from C2C that led me to this forum  (I wish I would have found this site earlier and under less dramatic circumstances).  As many others witnessed during the sign-off of the Christmas show, "Snoory's" comment that Art is "winding down" just didn't sound right. 

The next day I started poking around the C2C website (which I do on an almost daily basis) and happened to look at the "Hosts" tab and noticed Art's name no longer listed. More weirdness realized!. That's when I started a Google research frenzy to try and find more info on what the hell was going on...which ultimately brought me to this awesome forum (you'd think I've been living under a rock by not discovering CoastGab earlier!).

I've been a long time C2C listener since the mid 1990's when like others, found myself scanning the early morning AM dial and stumbled upon the unmistakable, raspy voice of Art Bell. As I listened, I became more and more captivated with Art, the C2C format and incredibly interesting topic(s) which really struck a cord with me. I became an instant fan and self imposed insomniac.

So I've been through the "battlefield" of C2C changes, from Art's molding of the superb C2C format to his multiple retirements, the death of Ramona, the  enlisting of "Snoory" Noory (once change at the helm was imminent I would have preferred Ian) and the gradual dilution of the original intent of the programing. But the subject matter remains intriguing and I just try to focus on the guests and what they bring to the broadcast rather than George "Mr. Softball" Noory.

No one can replace Art.  Noory will ALWAYS live in the shadow of Art Bell as long as he's with C2C, as will any other host for that matter.  Just listening to the "pregnant pause" by Noory when a caller reveals "I love the show and been listening to C2C since Art Bell hosted it" always gives me a fiendish smile of satisfaction sensing it really gets in Georgy's craw. 

As 2011 gets underway, we are looking for Art (or someone of authority) to reveal an explanation of what is going on. Something weird is certainly happening behind the scenes and it will be revealed in due time. Until then it's all speculation. Eventually the truth will be exposed.

Hopefully, with a little bit of luck, Art will again be imposing insomnia upon us in one form or another. Until then, if I need to induce a deep sleep, I'll just replay the 2011 Prediction Show. It's a sure cure for a quick trip into the land of nod! Nothing against Ian but what a snoozer. 

Thank you CoastGab for this forum and the opportunity to let me indulge in this topic. As a "Coast Insider", I'll continue to subscribe until the truth about Art Bell's "disappearance"  is understood. And if the reason for Art leaving C2C has anything to do with some sort of "squeeze" job or anit-Art sentiment...rest assured that I'll unplug my subscription faster than I turned off Ian's "Horse-man" broadcast!     

MoF 

"PABellFan

I am also a big Glenn Beck fan. Beck does his three-hour terrestrial show each day (accompanied by internet-only video) followed by his sidekicks doing an internet-only hour from noon to one EST. Beck also does a lot of his own video programming with his GlennBeckTV internet thing, and seems to want to branch out/broaden his horizons a bit. Recently he announced that there will be a FIFTH hour of programming when his show resumes after the holiday on January 3rd. No info on a host, other than that the audience would be pleased. Not sure how this would pass muster with Clear Channel/Premiere, but there you go. Have at it."

*********************************************************************************

I am REALLY angry - that  PABellFan  thought of this before I did   ;D

I subscribe to Glenn Beck Insider Extreme, which means I would get to hear that Fifth Hour, when it starts.

Since that hour will only be sent over the Internet by Beck's production company, I am guessing that Premiere would have zero control over it.

If you think Art Bell was popular right before the Mike Siegel era, think how popular Art Bell would be if he had Beck's promotional machine behind him.  And if this speculation is true, then if the contractual stuff could be worked out, maybe Art could sometimes substitute for Beck on the radio when Beck is on vacation.

I think Beck's 5th hour was promised for sometime in first quarter 2011, so it might be a few months before we find out if this idle speculation is not so idle.

The General

Quote from: california_ham on January 02, 2011, 03:40:01 PM

If you think Art Bell was popular right before the Mike Siegel era, think how popular Art Bell would be if he had Beck's promotional machine behind him.  And if this speculation is true, then if the contractual stuff could be worked out, maybe Art could sometimes substitute for Beck on the radio when Beck is on vacation.

I would be REALLY surprised at any Beck/Bell team up.  Bell doesn't need Beck, and he was bored with political talk 20 years ago, which is why he started toying with other topics like the paranormal to begin with.  The appearance of Art on some kind of internet-only backwater 5th hour of the Glenn Beck show would be a bigger letdown than his mysterious latest disappearance from Coast altogether.

ArtBellFan

Art already has the best promotion machine, Alan Corbeth, who do you think got all those affiliates for Art, they build that show together and sure they could do it again but highly doubt it would ever happen.  It was Alan Corbeth who approached Art iin Vegas all those years ago when Art was doing a local political show there, Alan thought Art had potential, and no one knew he was, the rest is history.   They were partners and owned the show together.

Along with this forum, I also discovered "Fantastic Forum".  I tried to register but I get the message "Sorry. Registration has been disabled by the administrator".

Anyone know what's going on with that site? Is it a temporary suspension? Thanks in advance for any insights.

mib12890

Quote from: Master_of_Reality on January 02, 2011, 05:28:41 PM
Along with this forum, I also discovered "Fantastic Forum".  I tried to register but I get the message "Sorry. Registration has been disabled by the administrator".

Anyone know what's going on with that site? Is it a temporary suspension? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Art posts on that forum himself. It has been around with coast a while. He used to be on there regularly to post and talk with members.  It's been over a year since his last post, but he recently sent a email to one of the moderators(ArtBellFan here, ShirleyPal on FF) asking for his password for his account.  So hopefully he is planning on posting an update soon. There is a thread with all of his posts on there.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: mib12890 on January 02, 2011, 05:36:40 PM
Art posts on that forum himself. It has been around with coast a while. He used to be on there regularly to post and talk with members.  It's been over a year since his last post, but he recently sent a email to one of the moderators(ArtBellFan here, ShirleyPal on FF) asking for his password for his account.  So hopefully he is planning on posting an update soon. There is a thread with all of his posts on there.

I didn't get an email from Art, the site admin did, I sent him an email instructing him on how to reset his password, that was on the 21st. of December.  He has sent me emails in the past asking for his password but it wasn't me this time.  It seems he may have changed his mind about posting something. Think if he was going to post he would have by now.

He never really posted much back and forth with the members on FF, they were more like letting us know what was going on with him.

ArtBellFan

This may be the only message we receive from Art.