• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on August 29, 2010, 10:40:02 PM
Quote from: MV on August 29, 2010, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on August 29, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
I offer in case I'm the only one here with an active Streamlink subscription.
thank u for the offer.  each new art appearance is emailed to me by shirleypal from the fantastic forum.  she does a great job with it, and greatly reduces the amount of headache i have to suffer in acquiring the new broadcasts.

That would be me who sends out Art's shows to you plus much more..btw Art mentioned he will be hosting again next weekend, great news.

So who are MV, inquiring minds like to know who I am sending shows to..
haha, for whatever reason, i thought you used a different display name here, and i thought you hadn't come around in a long time.  well then.  that certainly is a surprise.

so how have you been?  i recall we had a lengthy phone conversation one time which covered a wide array of interesting topics.

MV/Liberace!

and by the way... thanks for keeping the bumper music in those shows.  good to hear them being sent along as they were supposed to be heard.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: MV on August 29, 2010, 11:13:31 PM
and by the way... thanks for keeping the bumper music in those shows.  good to hear them being sent along as they were supposed to be heard.

I record the shows to my Total Recorder, love the bumper but also the mp3's cut out some of the dialogue..also my sending out the shows have nothing to do with Fantastic Forum..you are very welcome Michael and thank you for the 24/7 stream.

speaking of streamlink/bumper music...

has anyone else noticed that on several bumpers for somewhere in time shows, there are cusco songs being played over the original bumper music for most transitions? interesting way to get around the licensing issue...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 30, 2010, 12:22:37 AM
speaking of streamlink/bumper music...

has anyone else noticed that on several bumpers for somewhere in time shows, there are cusco songs being played over the original bumper music for most transitions? interesting way to get around the licensing issue...
i think it's actually a timing issue.  they need to be able to time the segments out to fit the hourly clock as needed.  the number of seconds of bumper music preceding art's voice might not be enough to fill the proper amount of time per segment, and i think this is likely the most plausible explanation.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on August 30, 2010, 12:01:28 AM
Quote from: MV on August 29, 2010, 11:13:31 PM

I record the shows to my Total Recorder, love the bumper but also the mp3's cut out some of the dialogue..also my sending out the shows have nothing to do with Fantastic Forum..you are very welcome Michael and thank you for the 24/7 stream.
hey shirley, are you accepting new additions to your mailing list?

Quote from: ArtBellFan on August 29, 2010, 10:40:02 PM
Quote from: MV on August 29, 2010, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on August 29, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
I offer in case I'm the only one here with an active Streamlink subscription.
thank u for the offer.  each new art appearance is emailed to me by shirleypal from the fantastic forum.  she does a great job with it, and greatly reduces the amount of headache i have to suffer in acquiring the new broadcasts.

That would be me who sends out Art's shows to you plus much more..btw Art mentioned he will be hosting again next weekend, great news.

So who are MV, inquiring minds like to know who I am sending shows to..

This is indeed great news! Do you remember about what point in the broadcast he mentioned it?

b_dubb

Quote from: general jamison johnson on August 27, 2010, 11:21:05 PM
Quote from: guildnavigator on August 27, 2010, 11:00:24 PM
here we go...

listening on my old 50's RCA table radio.

Sounds pretty good.

does it sound better than a CCrane radio?

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on August 31, 2010, 12:24:34 PM
does it sound better than a CCrane radio?

If I crank it hard enough.

awguy

Hey guys I`m just curious,

Has anybody here ever e-mailed Art Bell and successfully got a response? Over the years, I`ve e-mailed Art three times and never got a response. Wondering if anybody else has had luck. In contrast, I`ve e-mailed Ian twice and he`s responded both times... even if it`s just one sentence.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: awguy on September 06, 2010, 06:22:46 AM
Hey guys I`m just curious,

Has anybody here ever e-mailed Art Bell and successfully got a response? Over the years, I`ve e-mailed Art three times and never got a response. Wondering if anybody else has had luck. In contrast, I`ve e-mailed Ian twice and he`s responded both times... even if it`s just one sentence.
i've not sent art an email that i can recall, but i did receive one from him.

i used to stream through this program called... coincidentally enough... streamer.  it was a small .exe that people could install on their computers and listen to the stream.

i used to get an occasional email from someone asking if the .exe contained viruses or spyware, if you can believe that.  or i'd occasionally get a message from someone saying it DOES contain viruses or spyware, which i found to be even more ridiculous.  soooo... i put a message next to the .exe download on my old website saying essentially, "This installer contains no viruses or spyware.  Please don't ask me if it does.  If you do, I will be forced to place my monitor on the floor so that I can physically shit on your email."  Art then sent me an email simply asking, "Does the Streamer application contain viruses or spyware?"  He obviously has a good sense of humor.

NightOwl

I remember this too and actually did it! "taping show to VCR tapes", audio outs from radio to ins on VCR, worked well
if you didn't mind the X10 size of VCR tapes vs cassestte, this post brought back memories ahaha. Plus, i happened to be
diggin through the closet weeks ago and found my old CCRane "select-a-tenna", remember this being one of Art's first
show adverts for them. It's pretty basic, actually stupidly simple -- a round hollowed out piece of plastic with most likely
a magnet coil inside that just rotates.. and a jack out for connecting to antennae. I bought this!?!?! lol. That was like '96

Those were the prime years for the show imo, 95-2001 + remember Joan Ocean? Lori Toye? That guy with the Russian
submarine story, Al Bielek, alien autopsy(debunked), dr. Reed and his dog vs alien(?), tons of ghost related guests
(whose names evade me atm), witches lol, unfortunately many with fraudster suspect ed dames, the guy who recorded
the sounds of hell, bahahaha  ... and more you don't see today.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: NightOwl on September 06, 2010, 01:42:45 PM
I remember this too and actually did it! "taping show to VCR tapes", audio outs from radio to ins on VCR, worked well
if you didn't mind the X10 size of VCR tapes vs cassestte, this post brought back memories ahaha. Plus, i happened to be
diggin through the closet weeks ago and found my old CCRane "select-a-tenna", remember this being one of Art's first
show adverts for them. It's pretty basic, actually stupidly simple -- a round hollowed out piece of plastic with most likely
a magnet coil inside that just rotates.. and a jack out for connecting to antennae. I bought this!?!?! lol. That was like '96

Those were the prime years for the show imo, 95-2001 + remember Joan Ocean? Lori Toye? That guy with the Russian
submarine story, Al Bielek, alien autopsy(debunked), dr. Reed and his dog vs alien(?), tons of ghost related guests
(whose names evade me atm), witches lol, unfortunately many with fraudster suspect ed dames, the guy who recorded
the sounds of hell, bahahaha  ... and more you don't see today.
Yep!  Those memories, long gone, brought tears to my eyes, too.  You just can't see the other, and this tear duct has dry eye.

This thread makes me nostalgic for the 90s. Taping radio shows with VCRs  ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on September 06, 2010, 09:23:08 PM
This thread makes me nostalgic for the 90s. Taping radio shows with VCRs  ;D

i remember when i got my first radio job.  it was art's cape girardeau, mo affiliate, 960 KZIM.  typical 1990s hacky local talk station lineup pulled mostly off of the satellite.  the roster:  shitty local show in the morning hosted by an inarticulate, uneducated, incompetent man and a cackling woman, followed by the "trading post" where you call in to sell shit, followed by rush, dr. laura, a 1 hour news show at 5PM, a 6 hour slot filled by a revolving door of second rate synicated shows beginning at 6PM, and then art bell until the morning when the whole thing washed, rinsed, and repeated.  and the program director thought he was brilliant.  i guess none of this is to the point.

they had a state of the art studio at the time, and i remember walking in the first time and seeing a VCR in the studio next to a CD deck.  i was like, WTF?  in those days, though, where were you going to find a way to record 6-8 hours of quality audio?  you couldn't do it on an average computer because they were too slow to handle it and the hard drives were too small to store it.  cassettes were obviously not an option, and reel to reel had been phased out.  we were in the midst of a sort of void caused by technological transition, and VHS tapes filled that void for us quite nicely.  and even in 2010, if you're averse to digital "things," a VCR is still a great way to record lengthy bits of audio.  the quality is great, the storage media is stable and nearly indestructible, and it's cheap.

Spinner

Ha, ha. Good stuff. 
Yep, I too recorded a couple of Art's shows on VHS following his instructions.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spinner on September 11, 2010, 09:52:32 PM
Ha, ha. Good stuff. 
Yep, I too recorded a couple of Art's shows on VHS following his instructions.
this reminds me...
when i worked at kzim, we had a rolodex of phone numbers located on top of the aforementioned cd deck.  one of those numbers was art's private phone number to his home in pahrump.  i'm not sure why we would ever have needed that number, but we had it.  i used to constantly resist the urge to call him up and say, "hey, bro.  love the show."  i think art would probably have been a bit nonplussed had i done so.

Hosted by Art Bell
Guest(s):
Evelyn Paglini   Friday September 24, 2010

Filling in for George, Art Bell welcomes practitioner and teacher of natural magic, Dr. Evelyn Paglini, who'll offer her insights on the state of the world, predictions for weather, economy, and earth changes, as well as tools for coping with what lies ahead.

sounds familiar, but count me in.

also, I wonder where the listing is for tomorrow's somewhere in time episode?

The General

Sweet!  The chainsmoking witch.  Haven't heard from her in a while.

Wizard444

How nice, I get Art and Evelyn on my birthday.  It's a pairing that always makes for an interesting show!

MV/Liberace!

i hope i'll be able to tell art from evelyn.

it might get gravely, bring a lozenge.

valdez

I think Evelyn Paglini's voice by itself would send the devil running.  Art told a story about a newborn baby that came back to life the arms of it's mother.  Is there a power that exist between mother and child shortly after birth that is outside the rules of this earth?

evelyn-paglini-2  Evelyn Paglini?   

Marc.Knight

Quote from: valdez on September 25, 2010, 07:15:41 AM
    Is there a power that exist between mother and child shortly after birth that is outside the rules of this earth?

No.

ArtBellFan

Last evenings Somewhere in Time show featured Open Lines and a line for Witches from June 03, 1997,  in the last hour of the show Evelyn Paglini called in for the very first time and Art kept on air for 45 minutes as a guest, "oh remember those days" and she took callers...a few weeks later on July 16, 1997 Art had her on as a regular guest and the rest is history.  Evelyn's voice didn't sound as smoky in those days but sounded great.

punkinpie

I love Art, don't get me wrong.  Isn't it strange that he retired once to deal with the molestation of his kid, yet posts pictures of his daughter all the time?  It seems just a little odd to me. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on September 26, 2010, 04:55:46 PM
I love Art, don't get me wrong.  Isn't it strange that he retired once to deal with the molestation of his kid, yet posts pictures of his daughter all the time?  It seems just a little odd to me.
i'm not sure it seems odd strictly as a result of what happened to his son, but if i were famous, i think i'd try and shield my family from the public eye as much as possible.

Quote from: general jamison johnson on August 28, 2010, 01:32:21 PM
Quote from: valdez on August 28, 2010, 07:45:09 AM
    Butch Witkowski on alien abductions and mutilations.  Art believes in the ufo phenomenon.  He's seen one.  He buys into the Whitley Strieber story.  But he seemed doubtful and disturbed about the mutilation thing.  Why would they be doing it?

To harvest our precious bodily fluids of course.

Classic.