• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Whitley Strieber on tonight - bonk.

I wish Art had interviewed Hoagie, Whitley, and Dames as practice runs for the new show, then threw out the tapes and never broadcast them.

Falkie2013

Quote from: scottydawg on September 26, 2013, 09:32:12 AM
Hey if your going to post pics of Art's dear departed kitties :( put them over on the AWW sub Reddit too!
Now you make me miss my dear departed kitties too! SNARFF!
I know how you feel. I miaa my babies too, particularly the ones who just disappeared one day that we really loved. I lost a lot of pictures of my original cats when I lost my storage. I miss my Baby Snooks cat most of all. Had him 18 1/2 yeara & he was the first cat of 3 to die of cancer.
My condolences to you and anyone on BG who's lost a beloved pet.

Wintermute

Whitley Strieber... hopefully they talk about something other than aliens. Unknown Country has morphed into a much better site.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 26, 2013, 08:51:52 AM
Ok wow. What did they say about Art?

They were just talking about the hockey code. They said they don't know what the code exactly is and maybe they should get Art Bell on the show to tell them what the code is... Sounds like they're fans :)

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 26, 2013, 04:18:36 AM

I assumed Abby is Abydos?
Yes, the original Abby died years ago and Art immediately adopted a kitten from a local shelter and gave the name "AbbyDos" as in Abby #2

Chine

Quote from: lonevoice on September 26, 2013, 12:09:47 AM
Here are Yetti, Abby and Dolly.  Yes, Yetti is usually spelled Yeti (with one "t"), but this is how Art spells it.  His cat, his choice.

Lovely. Thank you for sharing this, LV.

lonevoice

Quote from: Chine on September 26, 2013, 03:10:30 PM
Lovely. Thank you for sharing this, LV.
You're welcome :-)

No show tonight!  Well, he made it almost two weeks!

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: forgottenpassword on September 26, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
No show tonight!  Well, he made it almost two weeks!

Cite your sources please

steelbot

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on September 26, 2013, 05:13:28 PM
Cite your sources please

Artbell.com and Art Himself just sent it out on Facebook - No show tonight as stuff is down in Washington DC

coaster

"No new show tonight, I was just told the Studio's in Washington DC are down, no phone lines. So it's a long Weekend for me! Whitley will be on Tuesday."

Zap Rowsdower

Wow this sucks. Tomorrow is the first day off I've had all week, so tonight would have been the first night I could listen to the entire show live.

Bummer.

indigoo

What a real bummer about the show being cancelled...Hope this isn't a common thing!

Zap Rowsdower

I doubt the phone lines excuse is legit. Art has a cold and decided to take the night off. He's always been this way. He's a master of what he does but his attendance record was never perfect.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on September 26, 2013, 06:56:40 PM
I doubt the phone lines excuse is legit. Art has a cold and decided to take the night off. He's always been this way. He's a master of what he does but his attendance record was never perfect.

Here is the number to Indie Channel 104:  1.866.994.6343

The system is down. 

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: Redacted on September 26, 2013, 06:58:55 PM
Here is the number to Indie Channel 104:  1.866.994.6343

The system is down.

I called it and it rang for twenty rings like normal then hung up. But according to what Art has been saying on the show the last two weeks, that's what always happens when you call and don't get through. So it seems to be behaving how it normally does.

I imagine if it was down completely, it wouldn't have rung like normal, but would have given me an error tone or something. But it's hard to say.

Wilderness

Don't see why he wouldn't tell the truth....  "I have a cold"... big deal.  No need to lie.

I'd really like to see George Knapp as a fill in host.  Its the only reason I would have kept on paying subscription to C2C for the podcast  ( live radio is too late in EST ).

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: Wilderness on September 26, 2013, 07:35:12 PM
Don't see why he wouldn't tell the truth....  "I have a cold"... big deal.  No need to lie.

Maybe because he knows he has a reputation for being a little flakey.

I love Art, maybe I'm wrong. I just think it's weird this happened the day after he was complaining about a bad cold and how he felt sick.

dan7800

Yea, he has been saying all week he was sick. If he got sick and had to cancel, who would have blamed him?

Earth Pod

Well bummer.  No show tonight.  I don't mind LMH.  At least she doesn't let GN talk much and that's a real win.

Spinner

I just found out. No live show tonight. :( 
Not that I was looking forward to Whitley that much, but I miss Art.
I guess we'll have to do with a replay.

Enjoy RCH all over again.

AC400KICK

Quote from: lonevoice on September 26, 2013, 12:09:47 AM
Here are Yetti, Abby and Dolly.  Yes, Yetti is usually spelled Yeti (with one "t"), but this is how Art spells it.  His cat, his choice.

Nope.  :'( :'( :'(

Morgus

Yep the news is at the Art Bell website:

http://artbell.com/our-phone-lines-are-down-replay-tonight/
Due to telephone line issues back at the network in Washington DC, Art cannot take calls from callers or his guest. This show will be rescheduled.
In the meantime enjoy one of our limited selection of replays!
Looks like Hoagland is the replay tonight.

Too bad Art is relying on the network's phone lines in Washington, DC.
Sounds like Sirius' network isn't very reliable if this happens in less than 2 weeks?
He should have stuck with his own phone setup in Pahrump like in the old days...

Morgus

Sirius should give Art Bell subscribers a rebate if we lose out on live shows.

lonevoice

Quote from: dan7800 on September 26, 2013, 07:46:33 PM
Yea, he has been saying all week he was sick. If he got sick and had to cancel, who would have blamed him?
The same people who blame him for Sirius XM studio's phone line being down.   ;)

CampsieNP

Quote from: lonevoice on September 26, 2013, 09:52:40 PM
The same people who blame him for Sirius XM studio's phone line being down.   ;)

HA! lonevoice. You are so droll. I love it. And, of course, you are so right-on.

Spinner

I was hoping that the lines would be fixed tonight, and that Art would just jump in live for at least a couple of hours. But it's now obvious that that won't happen.

I don't mind listening to RCH"s interview again. The interaction between Art and RCH is entertaining. Plus, this show had many humorous moments.

bateman

Quote from: Spinner on September 26, 2013, 10:04:24 PM
I don't mind listening to RCH"s interview again. The interaction between Art and RCH is entertaining. Plus this show had many humorous moments.

Yeah, it was a fun listen.

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on September 26, 2013, 10:07:50 PM
Yeah, it was a fun listen.
Sure was.
Hey, bateman, I've missed you at the Live show threads.

bateman

Quote from: Spinner on September 26, 2013, 10:10:26 PM
Sure was.
Hey, bateman, I've missed you at the Live show threads.

I have a weird schedule so I have to dip in & out during the live show.. I end up listening to the whole thing hours later, or the next day.