• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

awguy

Quote from: Ravenna on September 17, 2013, 02:20:28 PM
What a treat to realize that I will be able to hear Art live on the air tonight, as well!  That's one thing I can recall from back in the day:  how wonderful it was to have Art to look forward to at the end of every day (often I listened to him while falling asleep, and it kept my mind from whirling obsessively over whatever my latest trouble was).  So often a totally wretched day was saved by having Art to listen to at the end of it.  His show, and its topics, was something that invigorated my mind; that made me realize how many aspects of life truly were fascinating and it helped me to feel hopeful about humanity (that there was even someone like Art out there, and even the callers as well, some who seemed like interesting folks themselves).  It was so much more than "just a radio show" and it's a huge gift to have that returned to me, and to us.

^^ What She said. Totally agree with everything. I too love the anticipation of hearing Art at the end of the day.

Quote from: popple on September 17, 2013, 02:24:42 PM
As one emotional caller said last night, "Oh my gosh. Art Bell don't ever do that to us again"

I almost cried when that woman called... she was speaking for so many people.

PrairieGhost

Tonight should be an interesting show. Seems like I'm traveling back in time!

Foodlion

3 people called in sounding like JC  last night lol
What a way to start off his show.

indigoo

My only concern is that Art will rely too much on old, re-hashed guests of the past. Kaku and Greer are an exception; Greer has current things going on that are somewhat interesting, and Kaku always has something new to talk about in science. The rest, forget 'em. We better see Graham Hancock, and then Art branching out in search of new guests and cool topics. I don't want to see him recreate the golden years of C2C 100%, for the sake of nostalgia. I LOVE the small touches like music, Russ, and his approach with open lines, etc.

I just don't want it to be months in and we're starting to get concerned that Art is stuck in a time warp. Maybe I'm way out of line.

On the other hand, I loved the premiere and can't wait for tonight. It's so amazing to have Art back. I'm sure he realizes that he was a trailblazer then and has an opportunity to be one now. No need to stand still.

This was a response to me seeing the guest list for this week, btw.

Chine

Need to email Art about that Chupacabra on the site. It's actually a dog. The breed is a 'Xolo' (short for Xoloitzcuintli). Recognized by AKC and people show  them. Google it. Lots of chupas. Here's a baby Chupacabra. Ha.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: coaster on September 17, 2013, 06:50:04 PM
It's hard to hate Hoagland when you see that picture of him playing with his toys while the wind is whipping his god-like mane. But then you remember he screwed people out of a lot of money and his experiments vacations are on someone else's dime. Lookin good though I must say.

He did what now????

analog kid

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 17, 2013, 05:47:30 AM
Not to sound too fanboy-ish.. but last night, there was one part when Michio Kaku started speaking about distant stars colliding and how the earth is in the killshot of a gamma ray burst (not to be confused with the kill shot from Major Shame), Art Bell started quietly playing and bringing up "Dont' Fear the Reaper" and asked, " are you scared yet?" Wow.. it gave me the chills. Art was able to bring you into the story.
Imagine if Art was a science teacher back in high school.. if he was, I may have actually entered the field.

Also ... I can never, ever, never, ever imagine Noory ever having this detailed and amazing of a conversation about science with Kaku or anyone else.

I doubted if my money was well spent on Sirius XM, as I really have not found many shows I want to listen to, and Pandora still seems a better choice for music.. But after last night..
Coast can keep the mermaids and cancer prevention shows..  I am keeping Sirius for the ride.

It was actually one of Noory's interviews with Kaku that was the final nail in the coffin for me. It was immediately painful, from the first question. George wouldn't even be interviewing the likes of Kaku without Art having laid the groundwork. George is just lost in space.

Chine

Here's another. Oh, I should send Art a cartoon of Chupacabras at Westminster Dog Show.  A horror version of the film Best In Show. Starring Parker Posey as an alien hybrid.

ADG12311990

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 17, 2013, 06:48:54 PM
Maybe RCH is going to some other radio show host hair  guy.

Today I realized.. Looks like Dave had some plastic surgery or something along with getting the rug and that dye job.

coaster

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 17, 2013, 07:19:19 PM
He did what now????
He had asked for money  to go to Egypt so he could measure torsion waves play with his watch. As the trip came near, he changed his mind and went to Coral Castle instead, and from what I hear, kept the money. Every time he is on coast he begs for more.

bateman

Quote from: ADG12311990 on September 17, 2013, 07:24:57 PM
Today I realized.. Looks like Dave had some plastic surgery or something along with getting the rug and that dye job.

The Benjamin Button of radio.  ::)

paladin1991

Quote from: kingotnw on September 17, 2013, 12:49:59 AM
Just so everyone knows. Its actually changed on his website now. It used to say 9-12 m-th, but now it says 9-1..its going to be four hours a night! I can't imagine anyone would be able to stomach coast after listening to that. That show destroyed coast in every possible way. I really wonder how this is going to impact coast. I love art, but that was the top of his game. If he keeps this up, I think its going to be very damaging to coast. Much more so than i thought it would be in the first place.

By the way, Premier abandoning him like that was repulsive.
Hearing the truth of it fm Art, I'm pissed at Premier.  Did anybody FB Georgie with the good news that brother Art is back in the saddle?  I'm betting somebody here did.

Renaldo

Quote from: Chine on September 17, 2013, 07:21:15 PM
Here's another. Oh, I should send Art a cartoon of Chupacabras at Westminster Dog Show.  A horror version of the film Best In Show. Starring Parker Posey as an alien hybrid.

hahaha you may have a case for Ms. Posey, and I bet she may agree with that.

Ravenna

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 17, 2013, 06:56:57 PM
Tonight should be an interesting show. Seems like I'm traveling back in time!

22 minutes to show #2 of Dark Matter!!!  So excited!  I think it will seem more real this time.  More like maybe it's not just a dream.

Question:  Do we know FOR SURE that Art is always going to do a 4 hour show?

Renaldo

Quote from: Ravenna on September 17, 2013, 07:39:10 PM
Question:  Do we know FOR SURE that Art is always going to do a 4 hour show?

Nope. He's guaranteed he'll do 3 hours, and do a 4 hour show a couple nights a week.  I'm betting he does 4 hours more often than not though, especially at the beginning.

Art has to get a better lead in show. The TMZ show is horrid.

Art fixed it!  That is very cool.

Go Art!

Quote from: Chine on September 17, 2013, 06:49:57 PM
Ahahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. Also impressed that he can pull off a mustard ensemble.

Bwahahahahahahaha.............I didn't spray my monitor, but it was close!!     ;D

kingotnw

Quote from: Renaldo on September 17, 2013, 07:57:08 PM
Nope. He's guaranteed he'll do 3 hours, and do a 4 hour show a couple nights a week.  I'm betting he does 4 hours more often than not though, especially at the beginning.

Back when that was the latest info, Sirius and art both had the show listed at 3 hours m-th. It has since been changed to a 4 hour listing 4 nights a week, with a repeat 4 hours after. I'd say for the foreseeable future its 4 hours a night.

Sardondi

Quote from: coaster on September 17, 2013, 06:50:04 PMIt's hard to hate Hoagland when you see that picture of him playing with his toys while the wind is whipping his god-like mane. But then you remember he screwed people out of a lot of money and his experiments vacations are on someone else's dime. Lookin good though I must say.
Uh, no, it's not hard at all. But recalling the various outrages he committed on the truth does help to "make the cheese more binding".

Now, I know it's like I'm the one always harshing everyone's mellow. And, seriously, I really would be happy just to have Art back. A year ago at this time it wasn't even a dream, and only certified loons like FortRock publicly held out any hope for his return. (Hey, as Mrs. Loman said, attention must be paid: the man was right.) But Art's first week I would have thought would have been memorable. I can live with Kaku: he's got the credentials. But Stephen Greer? How long can he find some way to blame George Bush for something? And Richard Hoaxland? Really? Really?! Maybe Art want the show to feel like he never missed a beat, guests included.

As it is, during the Reign Of George The Last, Michio Kaku appeared 23 times (an additional 14 appearances were w/Art, which includes a few SIT); Stephen Greer - 16 times (an additional 10 appearances w/Art); Richard Hoagland - 155 times (an additional 11 appearances w/Art, 3 w/Wells, 2 w/Ian, 1 w/Rob Simone). It's not like we haven't heard Greer plenty of times. And do we really need to hear Hoagland ever again in his or our lives? So I would have preferred different guests than these.

But if they're the price for Art....

kingotnw

Quote from: Sardondi on September 17, 2013, 08:52:34 PM
Uh, no, it's not hard at all. But recalling the various outrages he committed on the truth does help to "make the cheese more binding".

Now, I know it's like I'm the one always harshing everyone's mellow. And, seriously, I really would be happy just to have Art back. A year ago at this time it wasn't even a dream, and only certified loons like FortRock publicly held out any hope for his return. (Hey, as Mrs. Loman said, attention must be paid: the man was right.) But Art's first week I would have thought would have been memorable. I can live with Kaku: he's got the credentials. But Stephen Greer? How long can he find some way to blame George Bush for something? And Richard Hoaxland? Really? Really?! Maybe Art want the show to feel like he never missed a beat, guests included.

As it is, during the Reign Of George The Last, Michio Kaku appeared 23 times (an additional 14 appearances were w/Art, which includes a few SIT); Stephen Greer - 16 times (an additional 10 appearances w/Art); Richard Hoagland - 155 times (an additional 11 appearances w/Art, 3 w/Wells, 2 w/Ian, 1 w/Rob Simone). It's not like we haven't heard Greer plenty of times. And do we really need to hear Hoagland ever again in his or our lives? So I would have preferred different guests than these.

But if they're the price for Art....

If you really hate to harsh everyone's mellow like you say then don't do it. As for Greer, I love his shows and am enjoying this one as well. As for RH... I don't know. Maybe you have something and maybe you don't. Either way, it seems like everyone else is having a good time with the the show so maybe you should just let everyone do that and not try and ruin everyone's night?

SnapT

Greer is a much, much less believable Andrew Basiago.

Quick Karl

It's like he never left! Art has slid right back into the groove, effortlessly.

It's in the DNA, and no one else has it.

Quick Karl

Art could interview a brick and make it interesting.

Tinfoil Hat

Sardoni totally nailed it. Greer was so bad I turned it off and listed to Monday's show with Michio Kaku. Now that's some great radio! It's great having Art back, but he really needs to step up his game with regards to the guests. I'll be tuning out Hoaxland and his Accutron too.

BELLGAB REPRESENT

Good jaerb Rossy

Who is it that got through?

stenjay

Big, big ups, Ross!

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 17, 2013, 10:44:47 PM
Sardoni totally nailed it. Greer was so bad I turned it off and listed to Monday's show with Michio Kaku. Now that's some great radio! It's great having Art back, but he really needs to step up his game with regards to the guests. I'll be tuning out Hoaxland and his Accutron too.

I bailed when Greer said the magic words - 'remote viewing'.

Fuck that.

I'll listen to the last hour, which should be open lines, using the On Demand feature.