• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MikeJ

Just signed up for my 30-day free trial!

lonevoice

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on September 14, 2013, 04:08:38 PM
He did a show with Art on 1998-05-28 about various animal attacks on humans by bear, deer, dogs, it was pretty graphic and very entertaining.  It's one of my favourite shows.  Give it a listen if you get a chance and you're into that sort of thing.
Thanks for the recommendation.  Right now I'm listening to Peter Davenport's first appearance on Feb 26, 1995.   Great stuff.  I'll check out the Don Zaidle show and listen to it next. 

SaucyRossy

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 14, 2013, 04:37:59 PM
Hey Rossy.
Did you see the wonderful compliment Art gave to you on his Facebook page?  Check this out:

Art Bell
17 hours ago near Pahrump, NV ·

Hey everybody, you HAVE to check out the new video that Ross just put up at artbell.com this is one talented dude. It sets the bar way too high!

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/550983951616395

Rockin' Ross, You Da Man!

Yes I saw! I'm beyond appreciative for his nice comments. Really so cool

starrmtn001

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 14, 2013, 05:36:37 PM
Yes I saw! I'm beyond appreciative for his nice comments. Really so cool
I hope you don't mind that I posted it here and on the gns thread.  I don't know you well, but well enough to know you have integrity.  I don't think you'd post that for yourself, so I did.  Neener neener. ;D

SaucyRossy

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 14, 2013, 05:53:04 PM
I hope you don't mind that I posted it here and on the gns thread.  I don't know you well, but well enough to know you have integrity.  I don't think you'd post that for yourself, so I did.  Neener neener. ;D

Haha I don't mind at all.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 14, 2013, 08:27:36 AM
That's EXACTLY what I did. The first clip you hear is from the 1992 episode with John Lear, then 92 with al Bielek, then it picks up as it goes along ending with 1999.
I figured some of the major fans could pick out what episodes the clips are from. I was going to put a year counter at the bottom of the video but figured that would be distracting. I wanted people to get transfixed by the images and audio and pullsd in

Brilliant!

I don't know why I even doubted that.

It just made the video an 11 out of 10 from it's previous score of 10 out of 10.

Amazing effort and the kudos from Art is really the icing on the cake.

I hope you continue to do the occasional video for Art and Dark Matter.

Renaldo

I'd just sent a friend a copy of the Time article, re-read parts of it while doing so. I missed it the first time around. It makes me wonder of the writer is also in the Noory Sucks camp.

For Bell fans, the timing wasn't a coincidence.

But, but... there are no coinshidencheses, sho whatsh it mean?!!?

Spinner

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on September 14, 2013, 03:19:04 PM
I see from Reed's website that he's still using the fake name and hocking the same videos and images.  I don't know how he can even bring himself to use the fake name when he was outed.  I know his story is entertaining but I hope Art takes him to task a bit.
Sorry if this has ben discussed before, but, Does Art know that the guy is a fake?

Spinner

My local station is broadcasting a football game instead of Art Bell SIT.
I hope it's just here. Is everyone else receiving SIT?
Where can I go to listen?

Quote from: Spinner on September 14, 2013, 08:09:19 PM
You can try http://www.kogo.com/main.html

Spinner

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 14, 2013, 08:11:05 PM
You can try http://www.kogo.com/main.html
When I click on the "Listen Live" button, it sends me to iHeart Radio. Then I click on "Listen" there, and nothing happens. 

Quote from: Spinner on September 14, 2013, 08:22:38 PM

When I click on the "Listen Live" button, it sends me to iHeart Radio. Then I click on "Listen" there, and nothing happens.
I click on the listen live to KOGO at the very top of the banner button and the iheart radio starts up automatically.
You could also try just clicking around on websites at the stations on the coast to coast site. Just look for stations that show SIT (they have an asterisk).
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations

Chine

Listening to it from my radio. Kinda cool, only two minutes ago Art was talking about Contact and how he pulled the audio of 'Wanna take a ride?'. Just made me smile.

Spinner

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 14, 2013, 08:31:44 PM
I click on the listen live to KOGO at the very top of the banner button and the iheart radio starts up automatically.
You could also try just clicking around on websites at the stations on the coast to coast site. Just look for stations that show SIT (they have an asterisk).
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations
I've been doing that for the past hour. I can't find one that's having SIT.

Spinner

Quote from: Chine on September 14, 2013, 08:33:05 PM
Listening to it from my radio. Kinda cool, only two minutes ago Art was talking about Contact and how he pulled the audio of 'Wanna take a ride?'. Just made me smile.
Chine:
What radio station?

Quote from: Spinner on September 14, 2013, 08:34:03 PM

I've been doing that for the past hour. I can't find one that's having SIT.
Maybe this one? It does not use iheart radio.
http://920kvec.com/listen-live/

or this one?
http://www.newsradioklbj.com/stream/nowstreaming.aspx

Spinner

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 14, 2013, 08:39:25 PM
Maybe this one? It does not use iheart radio.
http://920kvec.com/listen-live/
That one worked. THANK YOU, Monk!   :)

Morgus

This station WTRC is playing Art Bell somewhere in time right now.
You can listen to the stream from the "Listen Live" link at their website: http://www.am1340.com/

MikeJ

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but with all the posts, it has been hard to keep up.  I downloaded the Sirius app for iPad, and when I logged in it warned me about the data usage.  It said to make sure I have an unlimited data plan.  Since I am listening on my iPad through my Fios wireless, is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

jazmunda

Someone posted on Art's site informing him that George gave Art a shoutout and the end of the show to wish him luck for his debut.

Art responded by saying, "Well it's nice of him to say that but it's a little like Putin lobbing a Nuke over your city then calling to wish you a good Weekend."

2 days to go!

Spinner

Quote from: Morgus on September 14, 2013, 08:46:59 PM
This station WTRC is playing Art Bell somewhere in time right now.
You can listen to the stream from the "Listen Live" link at their website: http://www.am1340.com/
I bookmarked these stations in case my local station covers another sports event instead of SIT in the future.

I hope someone is recording this show because I don't remember hearing it before, and I don't have it in my collection.

Spinner

Quote from: jazmunda on September 14, 2013, 09:21:32 PM
Someone posted on Art's site informing him that George gave Art a shoutout and the end of the show to wish him luck for his debut.

Art responded by saying, "Well it's nice of him to say that but it's a little like Putin lobbing a Nuke over your city then calling to wish you a good Weekend."

Meanandnasty

One way of considering the Oates interview is like going into a room full of people at a cocktail party and letting the gas out  instead of being a gentleman and going into the men's room.  It put a pallor over Art's good feelings and enjoyment about being back on the air.   

bateman

Quote from: Meanandnasty on September 14, 2013, 09:43:28 PM
One way of considering the Oates interview is like going into a room full of people at a cocktail party and letting the gas out  instead of being a gentleman and going into the men's room.  It put a pallor over Art's good feelings and enjoyment about being back on the air.   

http://youtu.be/WUiXJ4ZIOEE?t=1m9s

1:09

"HAW HAW HAW"

onan

Quote from: MikeJ on September 14, 2013, 08:57:20 PM
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but with all the posts, it has been hard to keep up.  I downloaded the Sirius app for iPad, and when I logged in it warned me about the data usage.  It said to make sure I have an unlimited data plan.  Since I am listening on my iPad through my Fios wireless, is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

If you are using wifi, I think you are safe. If you are using 3g or 4g you are tasking your data plan.

Help me out here guys.

shell88

Quote from: MikeJ on September 14, 2013, 08:57:20 PM

Thanks in advance.
g

As far as I know it's better if you connect through wifi as often as possible and use the universal google search engine instead of your providers to log onto the radio. 

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on September 14, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

2 days to go!

HAHAHAHA That makes me smile so much.

Ipokesmot

That pisses me off when that happens.  I use dar.fm to record it from WNIS but a few weeks ago the first hour was football.
The game actually ended right before SIT was to air, but then they spent an hour discussing the game.  :o
I'm not much of a sports fan so I don't see how much could be said about a fucking ball for an hour.  ::)

scottydawg

We get that here too After Brewers and Packers games! Enough already, they have to over analyze and take calls from viewers to beat the subject from every play of the game into the ground ::) Thankfully with iHeart and Tune-In radio Apps for the iPhone and Android phone you can find a talk radio station far away that has no big sports team in the area. They have C2C and SIT playing on Saturday nights.

Ipokesmot

Quote from: scottydawg on September 15, 2013, 02:35:47 AM
We get that here too After Brewers and Packers games! Enough already, they have to over analyze and take calls from viewers to beat the subject from every play of the game into the ground ::) Thankfully with iHeart and Tune-In radio Apps for the iPhone and Android phone you can find a talk radio station far away that has no big sports team in the area. They have C2C and SIT playing on Saturday nights.

Sports talk has got to be for the brain-dead.  It's nothing but: "We ran hard, played hard, threw the ball, kicked the ball, made a touchtown, yeah this team can win, we got winning sprit........"  ENOUGH ALREADY!