• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Renaldo

Quote from: BobGrau on September 06, 2013, 05:02:25 PM
So did anyone try reversing the apology?

Yep. It said, "Man will space walk."

Pretty effing amazing!

Renaldo

Quote from: El Bee on September 06, 2013, 03:32:18 PM
I am asking why Art is so annoyed if there is no truth to the claims.

His friend Bob Lazar had a similar charge right? If I was accused of being a pedo by someone in the 90s I wouldnt even bat an eyelid. because its not true!

You'd have to go back in time to when it happened.  Oates was relentless, it wasn't just a single throw away incident. At the time, there were very serious problems going on with Art's son, and a couple of other things, and Oates was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. Oates was one of the reasons Art went into his string of retirements, it was just a really bad situation.

bateman

Quote from: Renaldo on September 06, 2013, 07:59:18 PM
You'd have to go back in time to when it happened.  Oates was relentless, it wasn't just a single throw away incident. At the time, there were very serious problems going on with Art's son, and a couple of other things, and Oates was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. Oates was one of the reasons Art went into his string of retirements, it was just a really bad situation.

But I'm sure George had NO IDEA about any of that.

::)

morphiaflow

So I've been silent for a month or so. Had some life issues come up in August (still dealing with them) and did some traveling (Eddie C., I was actually in your town for a bit and almost dropped you a line to see if you wanted to meet up for lunch, but ended up not having the time--when I'm out there next, let's make a plan though. I want to go to the Bull & Finch!)

Anyway...last time I was here, Dave Noorie was posting here and making good-nature shout-outs to forum members on the show, he and Art were making conciliatory, "There's-room-for-everyone-and-competition-is-good" statements in other's general direction, and overall it just seemed like things would be OK.

I was going to be stopping back here anyway this weekend to research an article I'm writing about Art and Dark Matter for the paper I'm on staff for. So I checked out Art's page and saw his post, and then wandered back here....

And...wow. 200+ more pages on the Noory sucks thread but more importantly there is the whole Oates issue. It's pretty clear to me that whatever that final line was for Art, Premiere, Coast, Tommy, Lisa and Dave have finally crossed it. This is just beyond the pale, and the last shred of any credibility, sympathy or good will they may ever have had is gone. Even Knapp's occasional presence is no longer a saving grace, and I sincerely hope he is wrestling with his conscience and his ethics over whether to stay associated with Coast after what was clearly a premeditated and low-beyond-low attack against Art.

I hope to gods he destroys their show, for good and all time. I suspect he is finally ready to do so--and in a good position for it, too. Do what you have to do, Art, we'll all be here for you.

Renaldo

Quote from: bateman on September 06, 2013, 08:19:38 PM
But I'm sure George had NO IDEA about any of that.

::)

I'm sure George sends him a Christmas card every year. Oates is a big part of why Noory's in that seat.

IcicleTrepan

I hope Oates turns on George and gives him similar treatment.

bateman

Does anyone know what started the whole Art vs. Oates feud? Or did Oates just (completely) lose his mind one day & decide to make wild accusations..?

popple

I didn't quite vomit when I heard Oates on C2C last night, but I felt the acid splashing up the back of my throat.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: bateman on September 06, 2013, 09:05:23 PM
Does anyone know what started the whole Art vs. Oates feud? Or did Oates just (completely) lose his mind one day & decide to make wild accusations..?

I believe it was started when Art told David not to play certain reversals on-air and he did anyway and Art banned him from the show.  I imagine David was making quite a bit of money on book and DVD sales from his appearances as he was a fairly popular guest.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on September 06, 2013, 09:05:23 PM

I listened to the episode where art explains it last night. I'll send it to you. He explains it well

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 06, 2013, 09:33:17 PM
I listened to the episode where art explains it last night. I'll send it to you. He explains it well

Can you tell us which episode it is?

popple

Could you type up a brief transcript, Rossy?

Renaldo

Could you re-enact it with puppets in my living room?

bateman

SaucyRossy

SaucyRossy

better yet, everyone that wants it send me a pm and ill send you a link

What are the actual terms of the settlement? That's the only thing that really matters.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Marc knight on August 17, 2013, 05:29:06 PM
I think this forum should have kept the name of CoastGab to keep traffic up.  Once Art is up and running there won't be anything to complain about.  Keeping the focus on C2C will guarantee a level of anti-Noory visitors.

Its amazing to me how many people I meet who've never HEARD of Art Bell. Went to the post office to see if my Sirius radio with dock has been shipped. I talked to the guy ahead of me in line after I asked the clerk ( who knows I get a lot of stuff from Ebay and Amazon ) if my radio had arrived and he asked me what I'm going to listen to.

I said Art Bell and explained what he broadcasted about and he said :

" Who's Art Bell ? "

And it turns out the Ebay seller, despite saying in his ad that he ships 2 days after cleared payment ( item was paid for via paypal on 8/23, money deducted from my account on 9/3, hasn't even shipped the radio/dock yet.

He lives about 50-60 miles north of me just west of Santa Rosa.

I am so pissed about this you wouldn't believe.

Then to top it off, he sent me an indignant email because he was made that Ebay opened a case issue over it because I haven't received the item yet.

If I don't get the radio/dock I can still listen to Art for free on my Imac but I was really hoping to get what I had paid for.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

CampsieNP

When Sirius first launched, being a huge Stern fan, I got the car radio and in-house Sirius radio. I am kicking myself for not coughing up the money for a lifetime subscription for a pretty reasonable price in retrospect.

I ended up taking the portable house radio back because in my brick house, the reception was terrible.
I think using the computer feed is the best way to go in the house really. I am all ready to hear Art in JUST OVER A WEEK!!

And as for people not knowing who Art Bell is, that is amazing to me as well. I mention him to people from time to time and they have no idea. But, many people don't know who their congressman is, who the vice president is, or when the Civil War was fought. I am no flamin' wit, but it is embarrassing how the American people don't know basic things about the world they live in. I know Art is just a radio guy, but as big a cultural phenomenon as he is, you would think people would at least know who he is.

PrairieGhost

Does anyone have a link to the Oates apology I can listen to?

starrmtn001

Quote from: El Bee on September 06, 2013, 03:32:18 PM

Saul Goodman is MY account, opened as a satire - I am not as you so cleverly suggest - Oats

Re: "Saul Goodman is MY account, opened as a satire . . .
"Terms Of Service: Multiple Accounts:  Forum members are allowed only one user account.  If the system detects you have created a second account and you believe this to be in error, please notify an administrator.

Re: "I am not as you so cleverly suggest - Oats."
I did not "cleverly suggest" that you are Oates.  I asked whether you are Oates.  Big difference.

wenck

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 07, 2013, 02:50:19 PM
Does anyone have a link to the Oates apology I can listen to?

I would LOVE to hear that.

ledzep69r

New post by Art on Facebook -

"I no longer harbor a grudge against Oates, it's not healthy. Premiere however is a another matter, I have nothing less than a institutional hate for what they did to me. I had almost decided not to tell that story but after what George did on Thursday (I have word from a inside source that indeed it was George over the advice/objections of his Producer) it just may be time for a clear slate. Stay tuned"

kingotnw

Quote from: ledzep69r on September 07, 2013, 04:45:09 PM

"I no longer harbor a grudge against Oates, it's not healthy. Premiere however is a another matter, I have nothing less than a institutional hate for what they did to me. I had almost decided not to tell that story but after what George did on Thursday (I have word from a inside source that indeed it was George over the advice/objections of his Producer) it just may be time for a clear slate. Stay tuned"

Damn! You just beat me to posting it!! This is all gong to make for some great radio! Can't wait for the first show!

jazmunda

Yes we are finally going to hear the story.

I had a feeling Art wasn't going to spill the beans.

Thank you for being the dick you are George.

morphiaflow

Man, how stupid can Dave be? This is a classic case of someone creating their own enemy.

tmock00

Good - and I look forward to it.

Sooner rather than later, George is going to have his ass handed to him.  The "nice guy" schtick is up.

maureen

by their acts shall they be known...

BobGrau

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 07, 2013, 03:13:01 PM
Re: "Saul Goodman is MY account, opened as a satire . . .
"Terms Of Service: Multiple Accounts:  Forum members are allowed only one user account.  If the system detects you have created a second account and you believe this to be in error, please notify an administrator.

Re: "I am not as you so cleverly suggest - Oats."
I did not "cleverly suggest" that you are Oates.  I asked whether you are Oates.  Big difference.

Hopefully there's some sort of Comedy Clause.

BobGrau

Holy shit!