• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Just for funz I read the first 15 pages of the live thread from Art’s return to the air on MITD. It was a different time my friends.
https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=8168.0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on September 08, 2020, 10:50:05 PM
Otis, the town drunk, was.  Go figure.

I’m pretty sure Ernest T had a wife as well.

He might’ve fit in pretty good in Portland too. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 08, 2020, 10:52:16 PM
Just for funz I read the first 15 pages of the live thread from Art’s return to the air on MITD. It was a different time my friends.
https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=8168.0
It almost seems like a different dimension.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2020, 10:32:14 PM
I like it! MV though has already his AI who has copywritten- and submitted- our plots. And a certain joo, untainted by #metoo, has secured funding by some more tainted #dontchoppeopleupforoil funding for this movie. That apparently will be a franchise.  :( They liked the idea of targeting older audiences with youthful ideals for retirees with expendable income. Since no more economy in kids who don't want to drive, work, or go to movies and to whom everything will offend.

I suppose you are right but it will still have to be a reality-tv show, marketed as senior fantasy, starring us -- who else would they get for this unlikely scenario?  My dad can be the petty king of Portage Bay, Halfdan the Wooly-Headed, Trumpet Man will be Heimdal of course, and I will be the bard Olav the Silken-Thighed.  And these vikings will have horns!

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 08, 2020, 06:23:12 PM
Haha I have no idea Dad has never touched a drop in his life.

I have great admiration in my head and my heart for such individuals--and not merely because their teetotal vigilance has left just that little bit more available for me. Hopefully he isn't touching any CBD-RSO 90d either, because I'd like all that for myself. I'd like that now, please.

And not merely because I'm going to shoot it up my ass--no, I really would like to give to a friend. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT NOW. ROLL THE DICE. GIVE ME ALL YOUR FATHER'S DRUGS. WHERE ARE THEY? FUCK YOU GET OUT OF MY WAY, I'LL FIND THEM MYSELF. WHAT'S YOUR ADDRESS? DO YOU KNOW I CAN FIND A PLACE ALONG THE WAY WHERE I CAN GET SOME COUGH SYRUP?

WAIT, WAIT--DOES YOUR DAD HAVE ANY COUGH SYRUP?

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 08, 2020, 10:10:26 PM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 08, 2020, 10:12:18 PM
;D

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 08, 2020, 10:16:09 PM
Good Lord. lol

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 08, 2020, 10:18:13 PM
Hot.

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 08, 2020, 10:22:09 PM
Thelma Lou was one happy lady.

You think she's happy, I finally just saw a whole bunch of people use the Quote button correctly in a row. I'm ecstatic. Some folks said it couldn't be done, but I say: hammer that fucker.

Also, just today, that was the exact same guy that checked my ID at the weed store. Except more ink and a different face. Well, head, really, but that was Barney, I'd spot him anywhere. He got an "aw, shucks" grin on his face, because I was honestly complimenting the work--dude had ink from eyelids to knuckles, it was wicked--and he could tell I wasn't shitting around or trying to hit on him, which is nice, because he really was tatted up like a Taco Bell burrito wrapper and I just couldn't take him home to Mom, or to the library without making lil' ol' ladies clutch at their pearls lest they fall over in a dead faint.

Small world.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2020, 10:11:14 PM
Use them to help the alert elders to escape the "nursing home."

I was thinking, lose all the bags on a hazy Thursday afternoon in a tragic, slow-motion, unmanned hot air balloon targeting system accident somewhere over Dallas. Or anywhere, really, just not where Grapefruit may or may not be sunbathing--rumours to the contrary, I do not wish her to come smelling of piss.

That's not just company policy, it's a personal ethics choice. Watersports are best kept fresh.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2020, 09:49:54 PMneat things like grab-hand and soft voice:" when are you going to marry her" (when married a long time but still thought girlfirend not wife.)

Moments like these are amongst those that make Life worth living and why I'm still around.

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2020, 09:49:54 PM
4) the aluminum thing I've heard before. Also that certain anti-cholesterol drugs and 'fake butter' etc actually is bad because the brain needs 'good' cholesterol. So eat your sardines and eggs.  ;)

Wilcock was talking about something called "Activator X" that exists in greater concentrations in certain food stuffs, and he rattled off a list of things that I have come to subsist as exclusively as possible on over my years of reading food labels. I know nothing about "Activators"--*cough cough*--in this context, but the idea seemed sound to me at that point, and then because it came from Wilcock: INTO THE WOODCHIPPER IT WENT. As far as getting rid of aluminum--it's in fucking everything. It's in the air. Who thought that was a good idea? Assholes, that's who. Anyway since we're swimming in a soup of aluminum and not instantly dying, it must be something we can tolerate a fair amount of. Neverthless, I want that shit gone, so I've been filtering it out of the water I drink for several years now. That can't hurt, likely is going to help, and ought be done by anyone with a pulse. Fluoride I have found to be less of concern because I traded some fingernail clippings to a wizard who hooked me up with an anti-fluoride talisman. A worthwhile investment, and one that I wished I'd had back in 'Nam.

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2020, 09:49:54 PM
5) [...] This is important for everyone, actually. Avoid less mess or family troubles after death or if incapacitated.

Also--and this might be hard to arrange--but if you have any notion that your surviving relatives might be incredibly, obscenely, blisteringly stupid and are going to end up costing you $146 million dollars, assume that they will. Some people are always trying to keep the half-blood mongrels down, and even if they aren't, it's good practice in contingency planning.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 08, 2020, 09:45:34 PM
Art “ate a lightbulb” on MITD one night. It was riveting radio.

Not the best way to get rid of evidence, but--back in 'Nam, it was all we had.

pate

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 08, 2020, 10:18:13 PM
Hot.

You could use that as a template for those tats you were considering a few weeks ago.  Still recommend Henna Ink for it though...

aldousburbank

It seems like someone should produce a documentary on Art Bell.

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 14, 2020, 07:52:13 PM
It seems like someone should produce a documentary on Art Bell.

It seems like there aren't enough sniper bullets available. Rounds are gettin' scarce.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on April 29, 2017, 05:39:35 PM
My money is on bisexual chicks.

... how am I doing, Robert?

This is exciting, isn't it? PPFGASickTET

Jackstar

Art is thoroughly disgusted with the vast majority of us, here at BellGab. I'll be honest though: this one might just be a lucky guess.

DanTSX

Quote from: Jackstar on October 14, 2020, 08:56:44 AM
Art is thoroughly disgusted with the vast majority of us, here at BellGab. I'll be honest though: this one might just be a lucky guess.

Well we’re thoroughly disgusted with Art, so there’s that.

He’s vaguely lovable though.  Despite being a serial child abandoner, philanderer, and a malicious liar.

But he voted for Trump, so I forgive him for at least half of his abandonments.

But seriously, fuck Art.  And fuck Dave Noory too.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on October 15, 2020, 09:17:51 PM
Ha...what ever happened to that guy.  ;D
He married Donald Noory and they lived happily ever after.

ItsOver

Quote from: DanTSX on October 15, 2020, 10:33:09 PM
Press F....

https://www.floydmortuary.com/obituaries/Jimmy-Chunga-Brackins/#!/Obituary
Heh, heh... nice “tribute.”  Who doesn’t want to be remembered for their foosball.

THE JF FLOYD MORTUARY
Becky Lewis - Inman, SC
7 years ago
Sending prayers and sympathy to Chunga's family. I was so sorry to hear of his passing. I had not seen him since he was a young man - he sure cleaned up nice. I remember him when he had long, beautiful black hair and often wore a bandana around his head. He always had a smile and a kind word and he sure could play foosball too!
Rest in peace, Chunga!

#Legacy

albrecht

Putting up Halloween decorations and listening to old Budd Hopkins interview with Art. One of his cases involved an English boy. He had met a friend at a summer job as a teenager and went over with him to watch a David Bowie tv special.  Later he decided to stay over at the boy's house, whose parents were not home. "He took off all his clothes and went to sleep." Later he woke up and was disoriented and didn't know where he was. Went out of the room and there was a stairway. He went up and a women yelled "who are you?!" He started to explain when another boy came out of another bedroom and said "what are you doing here? Where are your clothes?" That boy was also at the David Bowie tv special viewing party. And this was HIS house, 3 miles away from the other house where they had watched the Bowie special and "went to sleep." 

David Bowie. English schoolboys, full on naked,  parents not home, party with only boys, disorientation,....I'm thinking there is a more likely explanation than a UFO abduction.

Juan

My goodness, Chungadied on August 16, 2013,  but appeared with Art on October 7, 2013.  I wonder if Art knew.

Quote from: Juan on October 16, 2020, 01:32:15 PM
My goodness, Chungadied on August 16, 2013,  but appeared with Art on October 7, 2013.  I wonder if Art knew.

Quote from: albrecht on October 16, 2020, 09:24:40 AM
David Bowie. English schoolboys, full on naked,  parents not home, party with only boys, disorientation,....I'm thinking there is a more likely explanation than a UFO abduction.

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on October 16, 2020, 09:24:40 AM
Putting up Halloween decorations and listening to old Budd Hopkins interview with Art. One of his cases involved an English boy. He had met a friend at a summer job as a teenager and went over with him to watch a David Bowie tv special.  Later he decided to stay over at the boy's house, whose parents were not home. "He took off all his clothes and went to sleep." Later he woke up and was disoriented and didn't know where he was. Went out of the room and there was a stairway. He went up and a women yelled "who are you?!" He started to explain when another boy came out of another bedroom and said "what are you doing here? Where are your clothes?" That boy was also at the David Bowie tv special viewing party. And this was HIS house, 3 miles away from the other house where they had watched the Bowie special and "went to sleep." 

Yeah that’s not abduction.

Jackstar

Quote from: Juan on October 16, 2020, 01:32:15 PM

I remember when you turbo-kikes were talking about him like he was a going concern. I remember some of you fucknards actually exhorting me to listen to him! The Ministry Of Truth has clearly dropped the ball on this one.

That's too bad.