• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on July 28, 2020, 05:21:40 PM
Dirty dishes in the sink, holes in the walls and something stuck to the ceiling... But at least we thought to put in marble counter tops in the kitchen and a tiled back splash.

Don't touch the unlicensed nuclear accelerator in the basement. The one in the garage--yeah, go ahead have fun; but not with the one in the basement.

Thanks in advance. I'm not asking for a friend.

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on July 28, 2020, 05:21:40 PM
Rumour is that they fired that upstart Nathan to clear the schedule for him.

... I thought Keyser Soze fired him?

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on July 28, 2020, 05:16:11 PM
Now I'm back, waiting on Art to return.

I will absolutely send him your way, at  the very first chance I get. Pinky Swear Promise, except--I mean it.

Jackstar

Quote from: BettyO417 on July 28, 2020, 05:09:29 PM
It's pitiful.. [...] Anyway, just my 2 cents... So how are you BellGab?? It's been a few..

*ahem*

;D

SINISTAR... SATURATED SATIATED.

MV/Liberace!

Could you have heard the overwhelming heart wrenching whining in between a few joints and a fire dance???

heh heh

Praise MV!

Jackstar

Quote from: Liberace! on July 29, 2020, 10:00:36 PM
heh heh

Praise MV!

How much for the Spec Sheet download? Three, maybe four kay? Have your flunky contact my toadie, that way, the chain of command shall be maintained.

Asuka Langley

I got a Art Bell stream in my recommended videos it's got 1,800 viewers. Not a fan but thought some here may enjoy it, they have a chat room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2NsBiDgQo

Ciardelo

Quote from: Asuka Langley on August 08, 2020, 10:46:13 PMI got a Art Bell stream in my recommended videos it's got 1,800 viewers. Not a fan but thought some here may enjoy it, they have a chat room.

+1 Thanks

Gd5150

The story of “Carville” A 5’ tall carved alien that looks like James Carville. Was originally given to Rush Limbaugh who later gave it to Art Bell. Great website on it courtesy Joshua P Warren. It’s on the c2c website at the moment.

https://freecharm.com/Carville/ArtBellAlien.html

albrecht

I'm sure there were references to these claims but I can't find them now. Anybody? Some interesting claims. Rescueing Oriental orphans. Guinness Record. Starting Cox cable, formerly Time Mirror Cable..." 

"he earned a Guinness World Record for staying on air for 116 hours and 15 minutes. And while at KENI/Anchorage, he organized a fundraiser and chartered a DC-8 to rescue 130 Vietnamese orphans stranded in Saigon at the end of the war. American families eventually adopted each child. Bell then moved on to television in the early 1980s where in Las Vegas he helped build “Time Mirror Cable” which is now “Cox Cable.”"
https://www.wfmd.com/coast-2-coast/

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on August 18, 2020, 08:29:53 PM
I'm sure there were references to these claims but I can't find them now. Anybody?

albrecht

David "Race" Bannon. 2004-03-20   

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2004-03-20-show/   

"Bannon's claims were debunked after his arrest in Boulder, Colorado on January 27, 2006 on the charges of criminal impersonation, computer crime, and attempted theft. The charges leveled against him asserted that he created a fraudulent history of involvement with Interpol and expertise in human trafficking in order to earn fees for consulting and presenting on these topics. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Bannon was paid speaking fees based on his "bogus" credentials; state authorities had confirmed, for instance, that Bannon "had solicited fees in excess of $3,000 for a two-day training course on human trafficking." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_%22Race%22_Bannon

AC400KICK

Jackstar

Why do I suddenly find my imagination absorbed by thoughts with thoughts of Art Bell's wives? How many wives did he even have? If he just banged some broad once while high as fuck on amphetamines and MDMA, is that still "a wife," and under what circumstances might that matter?

Asking for... a friend. Look, it might matter later, that's all I'm saying.

Jackstar

Quote from: AC400KICK on August 25, 2020, 10:46:21 AM
Only the finest performance art.

Jesus, you're fuckin' lame. Seek help, reprobate.

AZZERAE

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 16, 2016, 08:53:28 PM
A freshly baked roll with coffee is one of the glories of civilization.

aldousburbank

Listening to Somewhere in Time right now. It still catches me by surprise how fucking good Art was at creating an entertaining show and setting up a mood with his voice ins and outs and bumper tunes. It actually gives me the chills. 

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 05, 2020, 10:12:32 PM
Listening to Somewhere in Time right now. It still catches me by surprise how fucking good Art was at creating an entertaining show and setting up a mood with his voice ins and outs and bumper tunes. It actually gives me the chills.
Same. The bumpers was perfect and segues back to subjects and portends of future guests. Spent a hot, humid day grinding down a stump (more work than I expected. Commercials make it seem that your truck and a chain can just pop them out of the ground. Not always so.) So a Home Depot rental stump grinder. Which also was lacking in effectiveness than one would think. More like just a big angle grinder and over-and-over-and-over. Ugh. I was imagining like a mining bit deal and just chew it up and done. Not so. So a cold beer and 'magic in the static' AM SIT listening now! 

I also always liked Albert Taylor. Such a positive guy with wild dreams and ideas.  And fun laugh. And since BLM so important now it is nice to hear a rare black guest.  :D

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on September 07, 2020, 06:00:55 AM
a chain smoking pervert drug addict living out in the middle of the desert in a double-wide taking calls from strangers in a desperate last ditch attempt to continue frantically searching for someone to call him and tell him what's really going on.

Y'all are getting too sappy in this thread. I'm here to help.

Quote from: albrecht on September 05, 2020, 10:20:51 PM
I also always liked Albert Taylor. Such a positive guy with wild dreams and ideas.

I looked all over and couldn't find him. Spooky. The chilling one, not the racial one, nor the thug one. Like, couldn't he have fallen through a portal? Maybe his spinal column lost earth lock.

TheSheriff

Just listening to Arts first show after Ramona died and it's pretty heartbreaking stuff.

He mentioned that he considered taking an overdose which is interesting considering how he died.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: TheSheriff on September 07, 2020, 11:55:18 AM
Just listening to Arts first show after Ramona died and it's pretty heartbreaking stuff.

He mentioned that he considered taking an overdose which is interesting considering how he died.

Thankfully he got over it quickly and remarried a few months later.

albrecht

Quote from: TheSheriff on September 07, 2020, 11:55:18 AM

1996-02-18 Dreamland, for what it is worth Art pondered about taking his own life he had some awful painful disease or something. Paraphrased "if dealing with a terrible disease I might just take the easy way out." Guests (Betty Luca and Raymond Fowler) disagreed, Betty most vehemently. but politely, that sometimes pain is necessary for various religious/spiritual reasons and also it is not up to us to decide when to die.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 07, 2020, 12:10:59 PM
Thankfully he got over it quickly and remarried a few months later.

Just a few months later, huh? Hmm... ???

Roswells, Art

Quote from: albrecht on September 07, 2020, 12:16:10 PM

1996-02-18 Dreamland, for what it is worth Art pondered about taking his own life he had some awful painful disease or something. Paraphrased "if dealing with a terrible disease I might just take the easy way out." Guests (Betty Luca and Raymond Fowler) disagreed, Betty most vehemently. but politely, that sometimes pain is necessary for various religious/spiritual reasons and also it is not up to us to decide when to die.

I think he did. Now that I have experience with a family member with dementia I recognize some of the same behaviors he presented. Hallucinations for one. Remember the mouse he saw on his phone? He really believed that happened but I don't think a mouse would hang out with a person nearby. The shooter story I now think he really believed, I also think it was a hallucination. Seeing and hearing people outside your house and in it is, apparently, textbook dementia. He most likely had other paranoid delusions that he told his family about. In a moment of clarity my family member told me that he knew these things he saw were impossible but they seemed so real. Maybe Art recognized his own illness in a moment of clarity and knew it was only going to get worse so decided to end it. I would.