• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: awguy on January 25, 2020, 08:24:49 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned yet. A commemorative plaque and bench have been unveiled in Pahrump.

From the Nye County, Nevada FB Page:

A plaque and bench have been installed in memory of Art Bell, a long-time Pahrump resident and radio personality who passed away April 13, 2018 at age 72.

A member of the National Radio Hall of Fame and the Nevada Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame, Bell is best known for his paranormal-based radio show Coast to Coast AM. He also was the founder and original owner of KNYE 95.1 FM in 1999, which still operates today.

The bench and plaque were paid for by Friends and Fans of Art Bell with a contribution from the county including installation of the bench and plaque.
Good to see they at least got the spelling right.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: awguy on January 25, 2020, 08:24:49 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned yet. A commemorative plaque and bench have been unveiled in Pahrump.

From the Nye County, Nevada FB Page:

A plaque and bench have been installed in memory of Art Bell, a long-time Pahrump resident and radio personality who passed away April 13, 2018 at age 72.

A member of the National Radio Hall of Fame and the Nevada Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame, Bell is best known for his paranormal-based radio show Coast to Coast AM. He also was the founder and original owner of KNYE 95.1 FM in 1999, which still operates today.

The bench and plaque were paid for by Friends and Fans of Art Bell with a contribution from the county including installation of the bench and plaque.

Based and Wade pilled

albrecht

They replaying some old Art SIT. Usual politics but refreshing to hear him and use influence- callers apologize and hangup because they called wrong line. Self acknowledge "I'm turning off my radio!" The Pavlovian response or even 'learned helplessness' is amazing. Heck, I'm listening to a replay of a dead guy on AM posting on a forum dedicated to the suck of his succesor.  :o

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 29, 2020, 10:01:07 PM
They replaying some old Art SIT. Usual politics but refreshing to hear him and use influence- callers apologize and hangup because they called wrong line. Self acknowledge "I'm turning off my radio!" The Pavlovian response or even 'learned helplessness' is amazing. Heck, I'm listening to a replay of a dead guy on AM posting on a forum dedicated to the suck of his succesor.  :o
What was really weird was hearing Art reading and laughing over his "joke" obituary somebody had sent him.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 29, 2020, 10:59:31 PM
What was really weird was hearing Art reading and laughing over his "joke" obituary somebody had sent him.

Ha. It is all a joke. A cosmic joke, to put a Hindoo spin on it. Or is that Buddhis? I also get a kick out of his cigarette diatribes. He was, maybe, an Ascended Master? At least in radio aether realm?  :D

"NOBOBY HAS ME FIGURED OUT"- Art Bell

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz on March 11, 2020, 12:54:44 PM
The guy seemed unstable, but was part of the Art Bell machine, not just a fan. Jesus it is bugging me. I keep thinking there was a shirtless rant.

I believe I remember what you're remembering. My focus was miniscule, at best. At that point, as I recall, it was apparent to even mildly keen observers that the whole thing was a psyop from the get-go. "Muh non-compete, muh bumper music, guess I'll just take muh vape and vanish, muh legacy muh blitz." I've heard stories that hung together bester than this in kindergarten. So by then I could not have given a single shit for the details of the latest manufactured drama from Central Control, I knew it was 100% scripted, and I didn't even care about the non-scripted drama generated in parallel by the BellGab perusers. "Sign a petition! Call the switchboard at Sirius! Support the network!" Just fucking shoot me. In the anus.

Still, I do remember it at all so it was probably a real hoot to anyone who preferred any distraction to the devastating truth. Too bad the search function here is mega-ass. Then again the lack of reliability has encouraged me to simply never forget anything here on purpose.

I wanna say... his name was Leo something. Ashcroft? No. Perhaps... Ashcraft. No. There was a Lex Lonehood but he flipped years back. I'm thinking it was a Leo. And of course it was a stage name. A dramatic bodybuilder would of course be symbolized best by that slice of the Zodiac. I remember him as an amateur major asshole, but he was an actor so whatevs.

Long story short, I think you're better than this. Everyone who left is scum and never mattered. Except for Ellgab--they're scum who used to matter.

Quote from: Camazotz on March 11, 2020, 12:54:44 PM
Jesus it is bugging me.

What's bugging me is that he obviously faked his death and everyone clever enough to figure this out refuses to discuss it openly. I feel like the only one in a hardhat at the safety meeting. SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on February 29, 2020, 11:22:09 PM
He was, maybe, an Ascended Master?

I haven't seen him at any of the meetings.

Quote from: Jackstar on March 11, 2020, 01:33:15 PM
I wanna say... his name was Leo something. Ashcroft? No. Perhaps... Ashcraft.

You are correct, Sir. I deleted my post because it was so goddamned vague, yet you rang the brass bell anyway.  Thanks, buddy.

Leo Ashcraft:

https://medium.com/@JaphyRyder32/drama-drama-drama-e0e03af8a671

Corona Kitty

Happy Friday the 13th art.

Quote from: Camazotz on March 11, 2020, 01:53:22 PM
You are correct, Sir. I deleted my post because it was so goddamned vague, yet you rang the brass bell anyway.  Thanks, buddy.

Leo Ashcraft:

Nice color on him.

Clyde Lewis made a Art Bell reference.

FXX

Anybody hear the somewhere in time from this past weekend? Classic art open lines.

aldousburbank

Quote from: FXX on April 06, 2020, 11:14:04 PM
Anybody hear the somewhere in time from this past weekend? Classic art open lines.

Yup! Good stuff.

Arts parts  ancient aliens episode. I didn’t upload this but was shared on another forum.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7re6w7

serenity

Anyone still have the address for the torrent of all of Arts old shows. Can't find it anywhere?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: serenity on May 07, 2020, 01:34:02 PM
Anyone still have the address for the torrent of all of Arts old shows. Can't find it anywhere?

I'm not sure if that is even around anymore.... But this is.

http://www.artbellarchives.com/

Quote from: serenity on May 07, 2020, 01:34:02 PM

check your email

serenity

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 07, 2020, 02:20:34 PM
check your email

Nothing yet I'll give it a few. Thanks

GravitySucks

Quote from: serenity on May 07, 2020, 03:20:14 PM
Nothing yet I'll give it a few. Thanks

Check your junk mail. I sent one too

serenity

Nothing from either of you yet, Ill keep it open to make sure nothing gets killed in the app

Robert

Quote from: Sarah on May 09, 2020, 06:51:02 AMhttps://youtu.be/fMYs-tuyuFA
Can I take it the yellow one is a talking dog, and the other one is a talking human?

Can anyone please provide the exact quote, and/or times and dates where Art said it?  Or was it the Jolly Roger or the Skull and Cross Bones?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on May 13, 2020, 03:36:26 PM
Can anyone please provide the exact quote, and/or times and dates where Art said it?

Said what?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2020, 03:37:42 PM
Said what?

What the header says.

Art would occasionally suggest something to the effect:
'Sometimes you just have to raise the Jolly Roger and cut throats.'

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2020, 07:31:12 AM
Good to see they at least got the spelling right.

Only because they did not attempt to work in the word Who's / whose...

Morgus

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on May 13, 2020, 03:36:26 PM
Can anyone please provide the exact quote, and/or times and dates where Art said it?  Or was it the Jolly Roger or the Skull and Cross Bones?
I found this old pic of Art Bell holding a pirate flag in a  webcam image dated as Feb 19, 1999 that might be related:

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on May 13, 2020, 03:40:20 PM
What the header says.

Art would occasionally suggest something to the effect:
'Sometimes you just have to raise the Jolly Roger and cut throats.'

I think he said black flag, It was in response if the future invasion of Afghanistan after 9/11.