• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: popple on July 31, 2013, 01:24:53 PM
He could still revive it. "When you're done listening to Dark Matter, pick up a copy of After Dark...."  8)

Of course no one will ever really be done listening to Dark Matter, haha.
i think Premrat owns the After Dark name too, they ran the magazine for awhile after Art left and Noory took over

Morgus

Quote from: DesertFox on July 31, 2013, 02:30:27 PM
How can you listen to Art on Sirius live IF you are not near any computers or windows?  Can you do this with satellite radio?  Does anyone know?
smart phone or device

popple

Quote from: George Drooly on July 31, 2013, 02:55:49 PM
Can I suggest that upon Art's return, this forum dedicate a single, named(by guest/topic, if any)-and-dated thread to each of Art's new shows? Seems like a more efficient way to follow subjects, as well as find search results. Certainly better than having to catch up on 35 pages of a single thread in one day (heh).

As for the first few shows... I want no guest, no Noory-esque congratulatory phonecalls from old friends, etc. I want a full week of catching up, spilling the beans, and the straight bullshit. It would be an excellent example of how compelling art can be just by himself, talking into the mic -- the absolute opposite of "Dave".

I like this idea too. Or even better yet a whole sub forum dedicated to Dark Matter where we can give each show it's own discussion thread. It's going to be so fun live chatting during the show. And hey if people can't listen LIVE they can at least read what is going on and chime in on some things.

Morgus

Quote from: derann on July 31, 2013, 02:34:43 PM
Hi Guys
Just wanted to say that the news of Art's return to radio is fantastic, I've been looking forward to this for a long time! :) :) :)
However my only problem is that I live in Scotland and we can't get Sirius radio!!
I used to listen to coast2coast online or download the shows if someone was kind enough to upload and share them, I see that sirius don't even do a trial period where you can listen online any more, unless you submit your credit card details and obviously if you don't have an address in the USA, you're snookered!
I'm sure I am only one of a many Art Bell fans here in the UK, that are disappointed that we wont be able to hear the new show :'(
Does anyone know if there is any way to receive it here in the UK?
thats the big issue - Art only will be in North America + Canada now with sirius unfortunately

DesertFox

Quote from: kingotnw on July 31, 2013, 03:45:32 PM
This just isn't the case. Here is a link for 6 months for $24.99, and you can call them to apply a new promo code once your six months are done.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/shop.xmradio.com#c4890850

Is that for the internet subscription?

DesertFox

Quote from: Morgus on July 31, 2013, 03:54:43 PM
smart phone or device

Thank you--you are a true mad scientist.

Dave Time is offically here. I am getting busy signal. keep trying.

Max_TO

If you guys are being told 14.99 a month ask how much it would be if you sign for the year . I did that and it works out to just over 8 bucks a month .

Morgus

This just isn't the case. Here is a link for 6 months for $24.99, and you can call them to apply a new promo code once your six months are done.

have you done that succesfully? renewed the deal after it expired?
usually thats only good for brand new subscribers one time and then it goes to the regular price

Max_TO

Quote from: DesertFox on July 31, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

Is that for the internet subscription?

Ok now that's pretty good .

Usagi

I'd like to get Keith the commission by subscribing through his link, but I'd also like to use the retailmenot code, cause while I'm cool paying for Art, I really do need to pay as little as possible.  I went up to the very instant of putting my credit card through the link on artbell.com, but stopped when I didn't see a promo code place.  Anyone tried it?  Do I have to subscribe through some link without the 30 day trial to get the $24.99 for six months?

Man... 80% of us are totally confused.  Sirius XM really needs to rethink their marketing campaign and start educating the public on the service and consider marking their prices/deals a little more transparent.

Morgus

Quote from: Max_TO on July 31, 2013, 04:00:36 PM
If you guys are being told 14.99 a month ask how much it would be if you sign for the year . I did that and it works out to just over 8 bucks a month .
on the website it goes down to $13 or so a month for internet only package if you pay for a year in advance, don't see any $8/month option thats not a temporary promo period.
Thats for the USA Sirius/XM site, not the Canadian site which is different.

Morgus

where do you use that promo code on the sirius website for the internet only package?

Morgus

Quote from: Usagi on July 31, 2013, 04:02:33 PM
I'd like to get Keith the commission by subscribing through his link, but I'd also like to use the retailmenot code, cause while I'm cool paying for Art, I really do need to pay as little as possible.  I went up to the very instant of putting my credit card through the link on artbell.com, but stopped when I didn't see a promo code place.  Anyone tried it?  Do I have to subscribe through some link without the 30 day trial to get the $24.99 for six months?

Man... 80% of us are totally confused.  Sirius XM really needs to rethink their marketing campaign and start educating the public on the service and consider marking their prices/deals a little more transparent.
the special 30 day trial promo appears to be only for signing up with the internet only package, not any other special promo, and then it changes to the regular $14.49/month after the 30days are up unless you call to cancel.
When you call to cancel they may offer other promo deals at that time I suspect to try to stop you from cancelling.
Best to try the free 30 days first I think to be sure the service will work for you and your computer and/or devices and only start it the day or so before Sept 16 so you get a full month of Art's first shows before you have to decide what pay options or packages you will go with after.

popple

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 31, 2013, 04:00:18 PM
Dave Time is offically here. I am getting busy signal. keep trying.

Special Dave time. Will he be on speaker phone or is he ok with one hand free?

MV/Liberace!

with all of the art bell traffic, i think our little podcast thread is unlikely to be seen, soooo...

the spec sheet is live at 7pm central tonight.  for those who don't know, it's a technology podcast hosted by curtis thornton (themudking) and me.

visit ufoship.com to listen live and chat.

call the show at 573-837-4948.

/shamelessplug

George Drooly

Quote from: MV on July 31, 2013, 04:27:21 PM
with all of the art bell traffic, i think our little podcast thread is unlikely to be seen, soooo...

the spec sheet is live at 7pm central tonight.  for those who don't know, it's a technology podcast hosted by curtis thornton (themudking) and me.

visit ufoship.com to listen live and chat.

call the show at 573-837-4948.

/shamelessplug

Hello, this is Bill, I'm an amateur astronomer and atheist from West Hartford

ziznak

so how does one steal sirius radio??? just curious

karios8

Anyone getting through to dave yet?

Quote from: karios8 on July 31, 2013, 04:38:45 PM
Anyone getting through to dave yet?
Are you guys really tring to.....
LOLOLOLOL
God Speed BellGabbers and Good Luck!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 31, 2013, 02:18:47 PM
must get through to dave time! Evertyone who can, needs to try.
Trying.
I'm going to order a pizza if I get thru. With Art Bell's Pizza Punch of course  8)

Quote from: morphiaflow on July 31, 2013, 11:40:23 AM
Well, with his dropping Art's name and his feeble snipe about being "the one and only", Dave has already proven how butthurt he and by extension, Coast itself and PRN, are by Art's refusal to 'wind down', 'stay retired' and 'spend time with his family'. So does anyone here doubt even a little bit that behind the scenes they will engage in intimidation games with guests and other underhanded, unethical and disreputable practices?
Big man, you and I both know damn well how those premrats work. Spot on morph.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 31, 2013, 05:28:54 AM
There's a 3 second delay  so he'll just hang-up on them as soon as he detects something is up
''Oops, looks like he hung up''
A valid argument fight. If 90% of Nor`ei's callers seem like they "hung up", can this be transposed as 90% of Georj`e's callers are actually trolls calling to fuck with him. Maybe?
Fuck
You
Greg, Ralph, David, Geor`je Noar`i

Max_TO

Quote from: Morgus on July 31, 2013, 04:02:51 PM
on the website it goes down to $13 or so a month for internet only package if you pay for a year in advance, don't see any $8/month option thats not a temporary promo period.
Thats for the USA Sirius/XM site, not the Canadian site which is different.

Yep I have a Canadian subscription . Surprised they won't match it in the U.S ?

Quote from: Max_TO on July 31, 2013, 04:54:11 PM
Yep I have a Canadian subscription . Surprised they won't match it in the U.S ?

Does the Canadian package include the same programming as the American one?  ie/ is it certain Art's Dark Matter will be included?

Max_TO

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 31, 2013, 04:55:09 PM
Does the Canadian package include the same programming as the American one?

No , it also includes Canadian content to meet regulatory broadcasting requirements . And more likely than not , I would guess there are some stations not carried , but don't know for sure .

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 31, 2013, 10:54:30 AM
I've had sat radio for the better part of a decade now.  The only issues I've had are momentary drops due to the trees here.  We live in a very forested area with trees well over 60 feet tall.  Those tend to block the signal for a few seconds here and there.  Other than that, I've always been satisfied with the signal quality.

as was i.  the dropouts were minimal.

Greg Noar`ee is a cahootizer.