• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Swishypants

Bell Gab. Gab. Is there a monkey in the corner cranking an old tyme rag-time music box and a guy in a striped outfit selling popcorn for a nickle?

Roswells, Art

Golly gee willakers, I'm new here. What is this place? Who is Falkie and why are you so mean to him?

Swishypants

The Bell Beefer; preferred sandwich of all dirty penis-ed Hobo rape-ers!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 26, 2017, 10:00:05 AM
Golly gee willakers, I'm new here. What is this place? Who is Falkie and why are you so mean to him?

Welcome. Post often and call in to the GabCast.

p.s. I Think I have one of your coats somewhere.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 07:43:31 AM
This place reminds me of a once grand theater, now full hobo's darting around in the shadows, raping one another, and drinking lighter fluid. :)

you should have included methadone in there somewhere.

Quote from: ItsOver on September 26, 2017, 07:17:37 AM
No wonder you're confused.  This place is about this guy.

The inventor of the Graham cracker?

Lunger

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 10:01:28 AM

The Bell Beefer; preferred sandwich of all dirty penis-ed Hobo rape-ers!

Damn!  I miss those Bell Beefers.

There used to be a Taco Bell off of Nordhoff  and the 405 that still served them in the 90's.  I've tried making them but its just not the same.

Swishypants

If you like the original Taco Bell--the one that didn't rip your stomach into shreds--then this is the real deal. The red sauce is the secret to making it taste like it did in the 70's and early/mid 80's. Make the sauce, then the beef, then mix it all together. Throw it on a standard bun with shredded lettuce, tomato, and chopped onion. BAM! (provided by a very nice woman who worked at Taco Bell as a teenager, back when they made the food in the store, 1980)

Ingredients

Ground Beef filing
1 1/2 tablespoons masa harina
4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
1 1/3 pounds lean ground beef chuck

Taco Bell Red Sauce
8 ounce Can Tomato Sauce
1/3 cup Water
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon dry minced onions
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Dr. MD MD

This place reminds me of a once grand theater, now full hobo's darting around in the shadows, raping one another, and drinking lighter fluid. :)

They always reveal who they really are eventually. So, which abandoned theatre are you living in?  :D

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2017, 12:20:41 PM
They always reveal who they really are eventually. So, which abandoned theatre are you living in?  :D

I've never been here before yesterday. I'm your worst nightmare. Let the paranoia flow! :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 12:23:19 PM
I've never been here before yesterday. I'm your worst nightmare. Let the paranoia flow! :)

Super scary!  :o

Swishypants

I like how you attacked me for asking a simple an honest question ya scumbag! It could have been a child but you didn't care. You're Belbo Boogah' of this board. :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 12:27:32 PM
I like how you attacked me for asking a simple an honest question ya scumbag! It could have been a child but you didn't care. You're Belbo Boogah' of this board. :)

Attack you?! I remember it differently...and if you're letting your kids go on Bellgab you're not a very good parent then, are you, snowflake? There's a new sheriff in town, folks. He's here to clean up this place. ::)

Swishypants

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are horrible! Just the worst! :)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 12:36:01 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are horrible! Just the worst! :)
Welcome aboard. Post often. Some of Art's old shows are just awesome. My personal favorite the area 51 call in show. My advice though stay away from his replacement. If you check around a bit you will see there are other great paranormal podcasts out there.
PS I like your pants.

Swishypants

Thank you. I listen to Arts old shows on the SIT archive for background. I've tried some new shows in a similar vein as the old Coast to Coast AM but they just don't do it as well as Art did. He had a good run though! The 90's with Art Bell and the X-Files; great time! I think a healthy dose of skepticism is what is lacking from his imitators. That and a professional demeanor.

P.S. I like your Otter! Greets!

P.P.S. Try this out. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCug8wpoDb2KWBLD6nx8Qe8A/videos This guy is pretty good!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 12:53:03 PM
Thank you. I listen to Arts old shows on the SIT archive for background. I've tried some new shows in a similar vein as the old Coast to Coast AM but they just don't do it as well as Art did. He had a good run though! The 90's with Art Bell and the X-Files; great time! I think a healthy dose of skepticism is what is lacking from his imitators. That and a professional demeanor.

P.S. I like your Otter! Greets!
Thanks on the otters. They are my spirit animal. My next tattoo will be an otter. Even though I don't care for what Art did when he quit I still enjoy his old shows. There isn't anyone else like him. But the same could be said for some of the bands I like. I'm sure some of them are jerks in real life but still damn good at music.

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 12:53:03 PM
... but they just don't do it as well as Art did. He had a good run though!...

On the contrary, Art has a keen eye for talent, having chosen and coached George Noory and Heather Wong as his accomplished replacements.

Hopefully Art is training another group of talented show hosts right now to fill the airwaves for the next generation

Swishypants

It's not uncommon for guys who are incredibly entrepreneurial and driven to be the best at what they do to be fairly poor in trying to teach it to anyone else. It's something you see in that personality type in any industry. I don't care what Art did. He did a good radio show for about a decade and for that I'm grateful. The other stuff is his business and doesn't affect my life. 

Errata: You can't catch lightning in a bottle twice. C2C was what it was; never to return. The next thing like it probably won't even be radio.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 26, 2017, 12:58:34 PM
On the contrary, Art has a keen eye for talent, having chosen and coached George Noory and Heather Wong as his accomplished replacements.

Hopefully Art is training another group of talented show hosts right now to fill the airwaves for the next generation
You know George was not the first to get ask to replace Art, the other person was just smart enough to turn it down. Did Art chose George or did premier? Because my source says they picked George because he was a yes man and that Art had nothing to do with it. I suppose my source could be lying but unlikely. Unless Art had shares in premier?

At any rate it doesn't matter as Coast is an infomercial and well Heather is Heather  :(

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 01:01:29 PM
It's not uncommon for guys who are incredibly entrepreneurial and driven to be the best at what they do to be fairly poor in trying to teach it to anyone else. It's something you see in that personality type in any industry. I don't care what Art did. He did a good radio show for about a decade and for that I'm grateful. The other stuff is his business and doesn't affect my life. 

Errata: You can't catch lightning in a bottle twice. C2C was what it was; never to return. The next thing like it probably won't even be radio.
Makes me wonder if you were in the industry? Also if you search the forum there was at one time a large, downloadable torrent of a lot of Art's old shows.

Swishypants

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 26, 2017, 01:08:30 PM
Makes me wonder if you were in the industry? Also if you search the forum there was at one time a large, downloadable torrent of a lot of Art's old shows.

Nah! I never worked in the radio industry. I've just been alive long enough to see different personality types and how they tend to behave.

Art_s Farts

https://youtu.be/HEQTUSmob1Q

ItsOver

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 26, 2017, 10:00:05 AM
"In the beginning, MV created..."

ItsOver

I've never been here before yesterday...
I wish I could say the same.

Dr. MD MD

I've never been here before yesterday.

I never said that you had; so it's interesting that you'd feel the need to state that.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: ItsOver on September 26, 2017, 02:14:24 PM
I wish I could say the same.

You does the tell? All jerkin' time and Mr. Death?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 26, 2017, 12:56:56 PM
Thanks on the otters. They are my spirit animal.

Because they're hairy and smell of fish?