Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on June 15, 2017, 06:55:25 AM
Wait... Art's having another child?😳

ART is having my baby.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 15, 2017, 06:59:09 AM
Hmmmm...could be.  Hey, Art, should you be drinking when "with child?"

Art and Airyn can take turns breast-feeding the child when he is born. lol.  All I ask, Art, is please don't breast-feed at the neighborhood Wal-mart in Pahrump.

Quote from: Kolchak on June 15, 2017, 03:03:07 AM
The stalker may still be out there.

That's about as close as Art will say he isn't coming back. But at least everyone knows it isn't happening, there won't be a fill in show. No way he will do that with a baby, no one sleeps with a baby in the house.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 15, 2017, 06:59:09 AM
Hmmmm...could be.  Hey, Art, should you be drinking when "with child?"

Noory has a nice set as well,

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on June 16, 2017, 01:07:02 AM
That's about as close as Art will say he isn't coming back. But at least everyone knows it isn't happening, there won't be a fill in show. No way he will do that with a baby, no one sleeps with a baby in the house.

Do more than a handful of people still want him to?  The subject matter is worn out and showed itself to be bogus, and Art has wrecked his legacy.

ge30542

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 16, 2017, 01:51:20 AM
Do more than a handful of people still want him to?  The subject matter is worn out and showed itself to be bogus, and Art has wrecked his legacy.
^this^

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2017, 08:29:47 AM
Art and Airyn can take turns breast-feeding the child when he is born. lol.  All I ask, Art, is please don't breast-feed at the neighborhood Wal-mart in Pahrump.
Hmmm... I can see Art fitting in with "The People of Walmart." ;)

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

ItsOver

Could it be any worse?  Thankfully, he at least lobbied PremRat hard to have a suitable host replace him on C2C.  Wait.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 14, 2017, 10:16:05 PM
Mine is this one from Jim D:

O-Qua Tangin Wann

I would love to hear Riley Martin with Art Bell.

Riley dead though.

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on June 16, 2017, 05:27:59 PM
I would love to hear Riley Martin with Art Bell.

Riley dead though.

He was on with Knapp a number of years ago.  One of Knapp's best shows.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Kolchak on June 15, 2017, 03:03:07 AM
The stalker may still be out there.

It would be a major score for UFOlogy....if it was a genuine document. Eventually its lineage and provenance will be found and it will end up like everything else in UFOlogy as of late. (i.e. the Roswell Slides, the Starchild Skull, The Blue Avian marketing scam, and others) I used to get angry about such things because I cared, but now the truth is subjective to all around me and its all just entertainment...weeee  :-\

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 16, 2017, 05:38:38 PM
He was on with Knapp a number of years ago.  One of Knapp's best shows.

Riley Martin used to have a show on SiriusXM on the Howard Stern Channel.

It was pretty awesome.

There probably are clips on youtube and torrents of his show.  Not much to glean in the "supernatural", but the Riley Martin personality shines through.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on June 14, 2017, 10:24:36 PM
Isn't Heather keeping his seat warm?

or his lap warm? I forget which it is.

Why the hatred for Heather?  She used to do Gabcasts ([Redacted], for the uninitiated) and everybody was good to her; she gets a break to do Midnight in the Desert and everybody dumps on her.  No, she's not Art Bell (but let's be honest, Art Bell isn't Art Bell anymore), but she does give a damn about the paranormal and she's a hell of a lot better than GNS.

Frankly, I miss her doing Gabcasts. And MV. And Curtis.

Jazmunda not so much.

Hog

I'd listen to another show if Art was hosting it.  The subject matter was always a small part of my interest in Arts shows. As for being shown to be bogus, I really hope that there isn't too many listeners that thought that all of the shows content was factual.  Art provided a forum for people to discuss their off the beaten path beliefs and experiences, no matter if he personally believed them or not. Arts shows provided entertainment, for listeners that were "people of the night."  Unique entertainment for a unique listenership.

I don't understand this "Art shouldn't talk about politics in his show" thinking.  IMO The best part of Coast, MITD was when Art talked about some NEWS/current events and took callers.  I found many instances where MITD was better without any guests with doing what he does best, talking into a microphone.
I'd listen to Art even if he just did a straight political show.  I think that there are more than just a few people who would agree.

peace
Hog

Tricky-D

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 16, 2017, 08:21:25 PM
Why the hatred for Heather?  She used to do Gabcasts ([Redacted], for the uninitiated) and everybody was good to her; she gets a break to do Midnight in the Desert and everybody dumps on her.  No, she's not Art Bell (but let's be honest, Art Bell isn't Art Bell anymore), but she does give a damn about the paranormal and she's a hell of a lot better than GNS.

Jazmunda not so much.
I think it's misdirected anger about Art quitting being directed at Heather. I haven't listened to her in a long time but I've been listening to a few shows because of the leaked documents, she's gotten much better since I listened last. It's a more pleasant show to listen to when she has a guest than Snoory. Open lines can be rough. Considering how much of a presence she had here I'm still surprised how many people here turned on her, I would have expected people here to have been her biggest supporters.

heater

Those were fun times.  I miss them, especially while I am crying myself to sleep listening to Leo Laporte on a podcast. No matter what your opinion of Art and Heather just be glad Leo Laporte doesn't 'get it'

misanthrope

morning folks. I hate you.

Dateline

Quote from: misanthrope on June 17, 2017, 01:10:43 AM
morning folks. I hate you.

Go take a supplement and sleep it off. 

misanthrope

hard to sleep with a rodent fetish, huh? Plus, pharmaceuticals are on your mind.  I prescribe you 10 Ativan this morning and be sure to call me when you never wake up.

WOTR

Quote from: Tricky-D on June 16, 2017, 10:53:20 PM
Considering how much of a presence she had here I'm still surprised how many people here turned on her, I would have expected people here to have been her biggest supporters.
I'll  tell you what... Why don't you call  her up live on air  and ask her if she is a Bellgabber.  When you get her answer, you will have mine.

BobGrau

Jazmunda not so much.

It's what happens when people realise they've been lied to and manipulated over a period of months or years. For no good reason.

paladin1991

Jazmunda not so much.

Yeah, no shit, brother.  It's one thing to talk shit to each other, about each other, like comrades in the trenches and another for the serious butt hurt that some feel.  I know.  I know.  There was a bit of drama btwn her and Our Young Master Bateman and probably some others 'felt' certain things, but I take your point.

I and others had been called 'white kkknights.'  Whatever, right?  Heather has met with some success with the 'cast.  Congrats to her with that.  ART, on the other hand, has his life to live.  And I wouldn't expect him to live his life for me.  But I would like to hear ART on the air again.  Even if only for select occasions and NOT to be a paladin tease.

Hey, look!  You and I agree.  WTF, right?

ItsOver

Why the hatred for Heather? ...
I don't hate Heather Wade.  I just don't care for her as a host.  I wouldn't want her as an airline pilot, either.  That still wouldn't mean I hate her.

damon

Quote from: ItsOver on June 17, 2017, 07:18:49 AM
I don't hate Heather Wade.  I just don't care for her as a host.  I wouldn't want her as an airline pilot, either.  That still wouldn't mean I hate her.
But would you listen if Falkie and Heather Wade were Co-hosts of midnight in the desert??

Lunger

Snorry is my co-pilot

I don't think Art is doing her any favors when he comes here telling us how improved she is either.  Or telling us we should support her because ''she's one of us''.  All it does is remind everyone of the whole, um, off-putting way he left. 

Roswells, Art

Jazmunda not so much.

I guess I'll try to explain the 'hatred' for Wade. Except for the shit talking trolls, most everyone that didn't know any better were very supportive of her new venture back then. No, she wasn't good at it but I think a lot of us gave her some leeway because we could understand how nerve wracking it could be to start doing a show in Art Bell's wake with very little experience and quite a large audience. I personally supported the show financially up until the Titor show, that's something like three or four months. Mainly I kept my subscription because I was hoping Art would come to his senses and get back on his show. The secondary reason was because I wanted to support Wade.

The support didn't fade for me when well meaning bellgabbers tried to call in and referred to her as 'redacted'. I think her response was a curt, 'My name is Heather' or something along those lines. No chuckling and saying 'well, I'm Heather now' and we all know she doesn't lack for chuckling or whatever you want to call what that noise is that emanates from her mouth hole.

It became apparent that she had totally removed herself from this website, like it all the sudden did not exist. By the way, she wouldn't have had that job if it wasn't for this website.

What did it for me was the Titor show. The guy wasn't Titor, he was a complete fraud. People called him out on his bullshit and she agreed with them. The kicker is her tweet after the show scolding her audience for being so rude to the fraud. I don't have the motivation to locate the tweet.

I could even get past the fact that she used this site and all it's members (some way more than others) to get what she wanted then pretended like it didn't exist, but she treats her audience (and her friends from here) with barely concealed contempt, unless they are fawning over her.

A lot of the reason I don't like it is because the tone of it is so depressing. It really sounds like she isn't having a good time. Also, there is no creativity to her work, no insight either.

Jackstar

Quote from: Mega-Dildos, Hoagy on June 17, 2017, 01:25:55 PM
she treats her audience (and her friends from here) with barely concealed contempt

boxcutters

haw haw haw

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on June 17, 2017, 01:27:49 PM
boxcutters

haw haw haw

It could happen. You know those regular ones aren't just a tiny blade at the end, it's a strip of razors that once one gets dull you snap it off and pull up the next one. Pull the whole strip out and you have a razor sharp knife.