• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

theONE

Quote from: creepygreenlight on February 05, 2016, 09:27:10 AM
I don't know who the fuck MV is, but damn he handled the Art interview incredibly well.  Good job.

Any chance there's a sudden opening for MITD? ;)

NO, there is NOT , according to Art from last night, Heather is SOLID !!!
She is doing perfect job.
So stop dreaming, about getting competent person to host MITD.

I agree MV has the chops , the voice, the energy, wit, quickness of mind, --
but Heather has pussy , and MV doe's not -- and that is a deal breaker with Art, looks like it.

Mr. Fidget

I wonder if/how Art is related to the formidable "Bell dynasty".

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 05, 2016, 01:21:24 PM
I wonder if/how Art is related to the formidable "Bell dynasty".

I've wondered that too. Maybe communication runs in the blood.

munbeam666

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 08:48:50 AM
Great Show last night MV!!  I enjoyed the hour before the show the best!  If Art ever had an opportunity to renew my interest in MITD, it was with MV on last nights gabcast.  Unforunately, for me, that did NOT happen.  I honestly heard nothing important from Art, that I haven't already read in one of his posts. I lost my hopeful enthusiasm completely, when he sounded enthusiastic about MITD's multitude of FaceBook groups.  I hope I haven't given too much away about my opinion of FaceBook Groups.  :-[
Agreed. It sounded like Art was lobbying for Heather to be his permanent replacement

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 05, 2016, 09:22:48 AM
So, what did we learn last night?

that Art is fun to listen to no matter what        and  theres more  to the story than we know  also felt I  heard a little tone of resolute sadness

munbeam666

Quote from: Sean92008 on February 05, 2016, 10:11:01 AM
No shit. My kids are half Asian and, at their elementary school, they stopped giving out the reading champion trophies after both my daughters swept their class awards for three years in a row.

I've told both of my daughters, now 13 and 14 years old to keep their Japanese citizenship. (They both speak and write Japanese and take Spanish in school.)  I don't think that they have as much of a future here as they do there. What was surprising, is that Art's wife is not teaching her daughter Tagalog. What was more shocking, Art didn't even know how to pronounce Tagalog.

Yes, after I publicly proclaimed there was no interest in listening to gabcast, I listened to the after show file that MV had uploaded and decided to go back and listen to the main show.  Richard C Hoagland's stalker was a hoot.
My half Philipino grand daughter is in Kindergarten and her reading skills are way above her grade level. In fact, she has been reading since she was 3 yo. She read off to me the other day, during a phone conversation, a memo the teacher had sent to the parents...I was pleasantly shocked how smart she is

trostol

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 08:48:50 AM
Great Show last night MV!!  I enjoyed the hour before the show the best!  If Art ever had an opportunity to renew my interest in MITD, it was with MV on last nights gabcast.  Unforunately, for me, that did NOT happen.  I honestly heard nothing important from Art, that I haven't already read in one of his posts. I lost my hopeful enthusiasm completely, when he sounded enthusiastic about MITD's multitude of FaceBook groups.  I hope I haven't given too much away about my opinion of FaceBook Groups.  :-[

pretty much that was exactly what i thought would happen..it wasnt so much a fluff show as much as a show that just..didnt do much

as for his thoughts on Heather...he is, as people keep saying, 70...if in his mind he thinks Heather is great there is nothing that will change his mind, cause as i have found out with my 70 year old dad...they are stubborn and stuck in their ways

ziznak

I think the more people trash Art the more likely he will be to come back and do some shows unannounced... he has more people talking about him than the usual here due to the situation.  I actually think that, for the real fans, all of this negativity towards Art is helping our chances of hearing him again.

but, I don't think he will come back full time.

Philosopher

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 01:09:39 PM
You arrogant twat. I can count blessings because I didn't avoid responsibilities. Simply put, you made a presentation that "pathetic you" couldn't afford your phone bill. You did that intentionally for sympathy and perhaps to be bailed out of trouble by some stranger. Look, I kindly suggested in a private exchange of PM's with you that you should seek psychiatric help. You dismissed the idea. Now, what 2 or more years later you are posting again, living in the same chaos. You could change your life, instead you refuse to consider help that could help you and your life.

Just a question, how do you know the "chaos" is real?  I could intentionally write posts that indicate I suffer from any kind of mental or physical condition-and all of it could be false and directed toward manipulation.

theONE

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 11:21:28 AM
Finally a non-whiny post from homeless boy.

don't make fun of that.

you might be homeless as well, you never know how shit can enter your life
and take you down, you might not loose your home per say, but you might end up
lost and paranoid, crazy, -terribly ill, sick- in your present home that you may not loose it per say, but you
might be taken away from it into a institution per say, ...so don't be such...I'M BIG SHIT SECURE.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 05, 2016, 01:02:26 PM
All done counting your blessings, so you moved on to others misfortune?
My post could not be accurately described as "crying", you are back on "old fashioned ignore". ::)

ho·li·er-than-thou
hōlēərT͟HənˈT͟Hou/ adjective
characterized by an attitude of moral superiority.
"they had quite a critical, holier-than-thou approach"
synonyms:   sanctimonious, self-righteous, smug, self-satisfied;

Aka... Onanish
Fetid gasbag .....

NXOEED

It was good to hear Art last night. I like MiTD with Heather. I listen to it while I'm doing things.

That's about as emotionally invested as I care to get about these things. Hope all is well with everybody today.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: theONE on February 05, 2016, 01:36:25 PM
don't make fun of that.

lost and paranoid, crazy, -terribly ill, sick- in your present home that you may not loose it per say, but you
might be taken away from it into a institution per say, ...so don't be such...I'M BIG SHIT SECURE.

Ahhhhhhh ....... the return of the Messiah !
Knows everything about nothing. 
"Assumptions are my specialty ....... let me tell you the story of yourself ..... "

GravitySucks

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on February 05, 2016, 01:46:36 PM
"Assumptions are my specialty ....... let me tell you the story of yourself ..... "

Per se

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 05, 2016, 01:10:39 PM
Also the guy is completely delusional.

He thinks our problem with Heather is that it's not him? Is this guy fucking nuts?

i'm not saying heather is a seasoned pro or that she's beyond critique, but i do believe the audience would have reacted similarly with any replacement host.  just my opinion, and i could be totally wrong.

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 01:48:14 PM
i'm not saying heather is a seasoned pro or that she's beyond critique, but i do believe the audience would have reacted similarly with any replacement host.  just my opinion, and i could be totally wrong.

That's a completely valid opinion and you're probably right. At the same, I don't think we should be handing out participation awards because she pronounces most of her words correctly. I also think the whole thing was handled so poorly that you're taking someone who doesn't know how to swim, attached 50 pound weights to their ankles and then expected them to medal in the Summer Olympics. Also when you got a team of alternate world class swimmers on the team, why do you pick some person from a message board on swimming?

I do believe they could have saved their business by having rotating guest hosts but I don't think that was their objective now. I'm confused what their objective is quite frankly outside of Heather is the flag ship which is a disaster.

theONE

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 12:16:37 PM
Yeah, you should be praised for avoiding any responsibility. I mean crying on a forum for money to pay a phone bill. And you have the temerity to be offended.

Now, I really would lough AT loud :)  if your life turned out to the point that you would
have to be very-VERY concern and struggle with finding money to pay for basic things in life...
wouldn't that teach you a good lesson not to put others ..down  :)

Mr.Fidget din't asked [ cry ] on this Forum for money to pay his phone bill, he just suggested
if someone want's to...
And I , in aprx 2-3 hours will go and buy a "Virgin" top up phone card to cover few months,...
so don't worry you are not being offered the opportunity :) , to do something nice for a ...stranger. You are "safe" from that..!!!

onan

Quote from: theONE on February 05, 2016, 01:36:25 PM
don't make fun of that.

I work with the mentally ill. There are many options to help escape or avoid homelessness. The first step however is to choose to get help.

I'm big shit secure because I made conscious and sometimes painful decisions to be secure.

Homelessness occurs primarily because of mental illness. It can be of two varieties, some level of mood disorder or psychosis, or because of severe personality disorders. Sometimes a combination of both.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: theONE on February 05, 2016, 01:13:38 PM
that Heather can get radio hosting job at any radio station if she want's, she is that good now
...according to ArtB.

nobody ever said that.  your credibility is cat shit questionable.

onan

Quote from: theONE on February 05, 2016, 01:55:51 PM
Now, I really would lough AT loud :)  if your life turned out to the point that you would
have to be very-VERY concern and struggle with finding money to pay for basic things in life...
wouldn't that teach you a good lesson not to put others ..down  :)

Mr.Fidget din't asked [ cry ] on this Forum for money to pay his phone bill, he just suggested
if someone want's to...
And I , in aprx 2-3 hours will go and buy a "Virgin" top up phone card to cover few months,...
so don't worry you are not being offer the opportunity :) , to do something nice for a ...stranger. You are "safe" from that..!!!

You may mean well, but the truth is you are enabling the continued behaviors that allow for homelessness.

theONE

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 01:09:39 PM
You arrogant twat. I can count blessings because I didn't avoid responsibilities. Simply put, you made a presentation that "pathetic you" couldn't afford your phone bill. You did that intentionally for sympathy and perhaps to be bailed out of trouble by some stranger. Look, I kindly suggested in a private exchange of PM's with you that you should seek psychiatric help. You dismissed the idea. Now, what 2 or more years later you are posting again, living in the same chaos. You could change your life, instead you refuse to consider help that could help you and your life.

OK, that's fine for now... but what will happen if let's say suddenly you let's say ...lost you sanity,
you know go -crazy- , like it happens sometimes to people, or you got mental illness ,
or physical illness , or just got simple so depressed [for whatever reason] in your life and lost
the energy, the drive,the motivation to do stuff, to work, and you used up any money savings you might have now,....and what about then counting your ..blessings because you are so responsible
now for ...putting someone down in such mean spirited, abusive way !!!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 02:03:50 PM
You may mean well, but the truth is you are enabling the continued behaviors that allow for homelessness.

This reminds me of another thread minus the homelessness.

trostol

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 01:48:14 PM

that is right on that...people wanted..paid for Art ..i believe someone once said jesus could have gotten behind the mic and people would have hated him(if no one said it i am copyrighting it!!!)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: trostol on February 05, 2016, 02:10:00 PM
that is right on that...people wanted..paid for Art ..i believe someone once said jesus could have gotten behind the mic and people would have hated him(if no one said it i am copyrighting it!!!)

Now he would get some death threats and shot at. Come to think of it Heather has it good in comparison.

onan

Quote from: theONE on February 05, 2016, 02:07:50 PM
OK, that's fine for now... but what will happen if let's say suddenly you let's say ...lost you sanity,
you know go -crazy- , like it happens sometimes to people, or you got mental illness ,
or physical illness , or just got simple so depressed [for whatever reason] in your life and lost
the energy, the drive,the motivation to do stuff, to work, and you used up any money savings you might have now,....and what about then counting your ..blessings because you are so responsible
now for ...putting someone down in such mean spirited, abusive way !!!

You can speak in hypotheticals all day long. People make choices every minute of the day, there are options available to find shelter and more help. It takes time, energy, and reasonable expectations. This guy by his own posts makes it appear he has been homeless for quite a while.

SciFiAuthor

I like how none of Art's questioners, trolls or detractors had the balls to call in other than Hoagland's batshit crazy stalker. And he called a lot. People think Fidge is bad, imagine spending your life trying to obsessively air a grievance against Richard C. Hoagland. There is literally no more useless of a pursuit than that. A f'n heroin addiction is a more positive and productive life decision than that shit.

theONE

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 05, 2016, 01:10:39 PM
Also the guy is completely delusional.

He thinks our problem with Heather is that it's not him? Is this guy fucking nuts? Find a pro-Heather community. His list on the show was hilarious as #dmtalk fucking hates her, the other ones he mention do as well. But Heather is a great broadcaster, it's all our intense love for Art is the problem.

So Art's answer is to try to turn this board against itself by having the "Real BellGabbers" police it. Are you fucking stupid? This is like your pirates policing pirates idea which lead to pirated editions of MITD beating Keith being uploaded, being better prepared with more information and being more accessible that the wordpress/paypal shit. Most of the long time members are the ones who are pissed because it's a complete insult to be served a plate of shit and be told it's prime rib.

I totally agree with what you said.
Put someone behind the mike who is descent [never mind even good], and people will say, ...well
he-she is not Art Bell , but at least they are doing good, or very good job, they know their shit,
they entertain us, they don't bore us with monotonous and dull speech patterns.
And people will very soon accept that host,..and forget that Art is not there...people will start
enjoying the radio show again.

It's that simple Art !!!

onan

Quote from: Roswells, Art on February 05, 2016, 02:09:32 PM
This reminds me of another thread minus the homelessness.

There are similarities.

theONE

Quote from: ziznak on February 05, 2016, 01:31:06 PM
I think the more people trash Art the more likely he will be to come back and do some shows unannounced... he has more people talking about him than the usual here due to the situation.  I actually think that, for the real fans, all of this negativity towards Art is helping our chances of hearing him again.

but, I don't think he will come back full time.

what if we replace the " all of this negativity towards Art" with in most cases
-constructive honest critique- , or is that to painful to accept for some here ??

Because that -constructive honest critique-  it is what is going on here in majority of comments
about Great*Art, and, horrible*Heather 

theONE

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on February 05, 2016, 01:46:36 PM

profound - VERY PROFOUND