• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: FortRock on April 28, 2013, 09:40:47 PM
TO MV, et. al:
My final comment for a while, but I need to respond! Everytime I bring up the whole issue of the WWCR Allegations Against Art Bell, as a broad-based conspiracy, the Fundamentalist War Against Art Bell, I get batted-down. Are there sympathies here at CoastGab for the actions of WWCR Christian Shortwave? Just wondering!

Hallelujah! Can I get an Amen?

onan

TO MV, et. al:
Just wondering!

I doubt you have the mental capacity.

TO MV, et. al:
My final comment for a while..
Oh Hell fuckin no!
Now I'm pissed off. During my absence Commander Fort Rock has gone Section 8 A.W.O.L.  FUCK!

Fort Rock, if you are still parusing..
Let me suggest something fellow member. As an inducted member of Art's Army my opinion shall be noted.
I think your focus needs to be redirected. Seriously. It seems to me you will be a magnanimous asset switching from analysis of Art and turning full attention to Noary. I'm not fuckin with you man, just think your supreme talents would be put to much better use if you turned the attention to Die Fuhrer Noary.
Analyze him. Subject him. Study his studio for irregularities and clues. Even I found the box of rubbers and Quija board. Be on him like Barnaby Jones at an all female ice cream social.

Art obviously has his hands tied and I think you should turn your talents 180* Commander.
Rock on

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 04, 2013, 11:02:04 AM
Study his studio for irregularities and clues. Even I found the box of rubbers and Quija board.

Goddamn. Now whenever I hear talk of the Hawaiian studio I'm going to imagine that the first, most important items placed in it will be a Ouija board and a box of rubbers.

Which, I have to stress, are a terrifying combination.

onan

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 04, 2013, 03:13:22 PM
Goddamn. Now whenever I hear talk of the Hawaiian studio I'm going to imagine that the first, most important items placed in it will be a Ouija board and a box of rubbers.

I have an idea for a new planchette.

a Ouija board and a box of rubbers.
Could this be considered as fornicating with demons...as so eloquently put by J.C. Webster III?
Georje probably shakes the hands of hundreds of freaks at his appearances, yet, when it comes to being ass raped by demons...out comes the rubbers!

jazmunda

I periodically put "Art Bell" into a search on Twitter to see if the masses are still thinking of or taliking about Art. Most of the results consist of high school kids sitting in Art classes waiting for the Bell to ring.

jazmunda

Or kids waiting for Art class to finish so they can go to Taco Bell.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on May 04, 2013, 04:46:47 PM
I periodically put "Art Bell" into a search on Twitter to see if the masses are still thinking of or taliking about Art. Most of the results consist of high school kids sitting in Art classes waiting for the Bell to ring.
Quote from: jazmunda on May 04, 2013, 04:55:30 PM
Or kids waiting for Art class to finish so they can go to Taco Bell.

heh heh

I am scarred now. Whenever I think of the legendary Magnum P.I. it will eventually and inevitably fade to a version of Noary walking along the beach in a flower shirt, nutsack 80s shorts, looking like some brokeass Ron Jeremy wannabe pretending he's Magnum for the day strolling around with a box of rubbers and a pocket full of voodoo looking for something to "save".
DAMNIT

morphiaflow

Art Bell32 minutes ago near Pahrump, NV ·  I guess it is time to end any further speculation that I will return to the air anytime soon. I have given (2) very solid offers a lot of thought and have turned them down. My reasons are many, though I am profoundly sad at the current state of the show, both offers would have been direct competition with Coast and anger is the wrong reason to proceed. Also I really do not want to destroy what I built despite it's current state. Asia will be in first grade in the Fall and getting up very early, I would be up late and sleeping late, I would not see much of her or Airyn. Life is short and I want to spend what I have left with my Family. I hope my friends understand...

morphiaflow

Art Bell32 minutes ago near Pahrump, NV ·  I guess it is time to end any further speculation that I will return to the air anytime soon. I have given (2) very solid offers a lot of thought and have turned them down. My reasons are many, though I am profoundly sad at the current state of the show, both offers would have been direct competition with Coast and anger is the wrong reason to proceed. Also I really do not want to destroy what I built despite it's current state. Asia will be in first grade in the Fall and getting up very early, I would be up late and sleeping late, I would not see much of her or Airyn. Life is short and I want to spend what I have left with my Family. I hope my friends understand...

morphiaflow

*Heeeeeeere Fort Rock....*whistles*
Come 'ere boy, come on out....
I know you're out there...
Gotta cookie for ya...or a ball for you to fetch....

ourobouros2k2

and....closure. This sucks, but movin' on....

morphiaflow

Yep, "soon" is not happening, "someday" is probably increasingly unlikely, and "never" is a good possibility. If it ever changes, it will be a pleasant surprise, but for now, I think that all of us--ALL of us--can let it rest. And unless we definitively hear it from the man himself that something has changed, that's where it's at for the indefinite foreseeable future. So be it. Amen.

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 05, 2013, 04:26:39 PM

It's not a big surprise.  He should enjoy his retirement years... but those are some pretty revealing statements regarding the current Pantheon of Coast to Coast hosts and/or production.

BobGrau

ART!

BE A GUEST ON A KNAPP SHOW!

Why not?

morphiaflow

It's the most explicit statement he's made connecting his anger with the state of Coast and his desire to compete if he so chose (which he's not for the reasons given). So it's probably fair to say that with the exception of Knapp and Punnett, he's probably on our side (well most of us anyway) about where the show is at quality-wise and what it's become. But he's clearly weighed his options heavily and as attractive or flattering as those offers may have been, and as much as we'd all love to hear him again--he is absolutely making the right decision for the right reasons. The optimist in me still hopes we may hear him again someday, someway, but now that he's more or less laid that possibility to bed, if it ever DOES happen, it will be an out-of-the-blue pleasant surprise, rather than something we're all waiting with baited breath for. Kinda like the new Star Wars flicks.

morphiaflow

Quote from: BobGrau on May 05, 2013, 04:46:17 PM
ART!

BE A GUEST ON A KNAPP SHOW!

Why not?

that would be a brilliant way for him to both fulfill everyone's wishes for him to "return" to Coast...and use Coast's own airwaves against themselves.

That said, I can only see it happening when Knapp is ready to quit/get fired....

Fly By Night

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 05, 2013, 04:40:04 PM
Yep, "soon" is not happening, "someday" is probably increasingly unlikely, and "never" is a good possibility. If it ever changes, it will be a pleasant surprise, but for now, I think that all of us--ALL of us--can let it rest. And unless we definitively hear it from the man himself that something has changed, that's where it's at for the indefinite foreseeable future. So be it. Amen.
I'm sure no one is surprised by this. Lots of people will talk about this for awhile and then that will be that. Once this new FB announcement dies down I bet ol' Art will come out with another maybe he will return again, and lots of people will get excited, and then a few months later he will say he turned down that offer too.

Morgus

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 05, 2013, 04:26:12 PM
As expected, that indicates Art Bell will not return.
So Fort Rock can finally end all speculation, Art is fully retired for good...

morphiaflow

I'm sure he'll find some way to Da Vinci Code Art's message...it could almost be fun to speculate how.

Almost.

jazmunda

Well I guess that settles it then. The dream is over. Someone better go check up on Fort Rock.

Enjoy retirement Art. You will be missed.

coaster

At least Art has got his priorities straight. I never really thought he was going to return anyway.

ItsOver

So much for the scorpion army.  ::)

Quote from: morphiaflow on May 05, 2013, 04:26:12 PM

This is honesty, facts, and heart-felt truths. I don't blame you Art, but I will miss you.
Any chance we could talk you into doing a celebrity boxing match with Noary now?

CampsieNP

Although I am sad, I understand his decision.
I appreciated him honestly saying how he feels about the present state of the show...that he is angry.
Yep...while it is painful for us,,,,I can't imagine how it must eat him up.

Art Bell....the hater. 
ha.

ItsOver

What a sad state for overnight radio.  The best host you can imagine is not coming back and the worst host you couldn't even imagine apparently won't be leaving any time soon.

Quote from: coaster on May 05, 2013, 05:27:07 PM
At least Art has got his priorities straight. I never really thought he was going to return anyway.

+1

I don't really understand why it couldn't be 1 or 2 nights a week, maybe on weekends - leaving the regular week night programming unchanged - on some non-Coast stations.  But at least we have an answer.

bigchucka

Yeah... and notice that SIT is still on.... and we never did hear the story about those Retirements....