• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

"Stay tuned"

Meh. It's deja vu all over again.

coaster

Art needs to figure something out. he hasnt retired from anything for a while now. I'm sure he needs his fix.

b_dubb

Art reminds me of my old neighbor: an ex Air Force guy who liked to fuck around with cars, electronics and just about anything else he could get his hands on. he too married a Pacific Islander - a Phillipino. He liked to shoot the bull and drink beer. a pretty cool cat by most accounts.

Quote from: b_dubb on March 19, 2013, 04:22:33 PM
Art reminds me of my old neighbor: an ex Air Force guy who liked to fuck around with cars, electronics and just about anything else he could get his hands on. he too married a Pacific Islander - a Phillipino. He liked to shoot the bull and drink beer. a pretty cool cat by most accounts.

Not sure if I can imagine Art drinking beer, though.  In fact, I'm trying to recall him ever mentioning his liking of booze of any kind on c2c over the years and coming up blank.  Maybe he did though and I missed it - I didn't hear every show.

jazmunda

I'll believe it when I see/hear it.

morphiaflow

Quote from: FortRock on March 12, 2013, 11:44:14 AM
OH AND ONE OTHER THING:
The difference between Trekkie and Trekker, if your a Trekkie you became a fan of Star Trek during the original run of Star Trek: The Old Series (Captain Kirk) or the reruns in the 1970's. Trekkers joined the Fan Community during the run of Star Trek: The Next Generation (Captain Picard).

The term "Trekker" long predates the premiere of TNG. Shatner used it in the monologue of his SNL episode in December 1986, almost a full year before TNG debuted. And the term had been around for some time since then.

In other words, you're wrong. Again.

steve0suprem0

Quote from: Unexplained Light on March 19, 2013, 04:31:40 PM
Not sure if I can imagine Art drinking beer, though.  In fact, I'm trying to recall him ever mentioning his liking of booze of any kind on c2c over the years and coming up blank.  Maybe he did though and I missed it - I didn't hear every show.

He mentioned Heinekens with Ramona on one of their trips in the art of talk. I also remember a predictions show where he mentioned getting sick off half a glass of champagne on new years eve.long time lurker here, jad to register and comment on my two favorite subjects, art and booze.

What's the code in his latest facebook pic?

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 20, 2013, 11:47:47 AM

My analysis....
He's saying, "Georje, Fuck YOU I"m comin to kick your fucking ass you no talent prostitute-fucking little bitch".
Just my opinion.

ItsOver

Ahhhh... isn't that nice.  Art thinks we're all number one. 

popple

b_dubb

nice pic Art. you look very youthful

Falkie2013

It's one of the few we've seen where he's not in his former studio. He does look a lot stressed out than he used to. I wonder if he was able to quit smoking.

coaster

Quote from: b_dubb on March 20, 2013, 06:32:29 PM
nice pic Art. you look very youthful
I agree. Looks ten years younger than he used to imo. odd.

McPhallus

Clearly, this is intended for Fort Rock and his April 2nd lunacy.

Falkie2013

Quote from: coaster on March 20, 2013, 06:43:40 PM
I agree. Looks ten years younger than he used to imo. odd.

It would be weird if Art got younger and younger while the rest of us continued to age. Maybe having a new young wife and child rejuvenated him somehow. Or maybe just not being on the air every night and Dreamland did it.

I hope that finger is not intended for his fans and is for Noory. I think it means Art just passed his latest prostate exam. 8)

ChewMouse

You guys....I'm pretty sure this is an old pic.

ChewMouse

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 20, 2013, 07:18:08 PM
I agree.
Maybe they were all joking and we don't get it, but I found several pics with the same background and they're dated 2001.

FortRock

GOOD BY GEORGE, NICE KNOWING YOU!!!!!!
General Art Bell is sending his last farewell to all the radio suits! Oh and George, again, nice knowing you!

ChewMouse

^^For the record, crap like this is why I rarely post anymore. Just isn't worth it.

Quote from: ChewMouse on March 20, 2013, 06:55:30 PM
You guys....I'm pretty sure this is an old pic.

I agree that it's an old pic.  Also I just checked Art's FB page and this photo isn't posted there. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Unexplained Light on March 20, 2013, 07:38:43 PM
I agree that it's an old pic.  Also I just checked Art's FB page and this photo isn't posted there.

It is posted here:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2622/artbell.jpg

b_dubb

This confusion could have been avoided if I'd remembered to use sarcasm tags. Damn damn damn. I owe you all ... um ... nevermind

jazmunda

It is clearly an old pic as his studio is now painted a garish color.

coaster

Lets try this again. he looks 10 years younger than he used to. /sarcasm

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on March 20, 2013, 09:30:39 PM
Lets try this again. he looks 10 years younger than he used to. /sarcasm

Really? I thought he just overdosed on HGH. :P

"Do you want to look and feel 10 years younger? ....." - Art Bell

Usagi

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2013, 10:18:44 PM
"Do you want to look and feel 10 years younger? ....." - Art Bell

I dare anyone to tell me that they did not not read that in Art's voice.

Also... I like Fort Rock *hides shamefully*.  Well, as long as there is only one of them.  Small doses.  He's the JC of Coastgab.