• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 07, 2013, 09:28:40 AM

I have to confess, I always had a "thing" for LMH. Over the last 15 years or so, I have communicated with her off and on via email, and based on my experience, she seems to be a sincere and dedicated researcher with a real thirst for "the truth".

Yep.....LMH is a thorough and intelligent investigator.  I can't imagine what she thinks when Noory puts in his lousy "two cents" on the topics she brings to Coast each month.  I suspect she talks nonstop in an attempt to keep Noory from interrupting.  And, yes......she is a beautiful woman.

Falkie2013

And she still looks good too and hasn't resorted to lifestyle lift either.

Canned Heat

Once again I'm enjoying the fine Art stream soooo much.  I don't believe we'll see him coming back sadly.  I think when Art lost Ramona the death of doing Coast was inevitably in the cards as well.  This is my opinion of course :)

bigchucka

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 07, 2013, 05:37:46 AM

Out of curiousity, just how do you know when Art is on line ?

At the bottom of the homepage, there's a list of current members online that shows that you have logged on, unless you choose to be hidden.  Also, on the member list tab there is a green box that lights up.  Art is on the first page.  At least, I believe all these answers to be correct.....

Art is not a liberal, he is more of a libertarian.  True small gov people want the liberal positions on social issues and the consrvative positions on debt.

Any confirmation of the April 2 date for Art's return?

Sardondi

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on March 08, 2013, 05:53:00 AMArt is not a liberal, he is more of a libertarian.  True small gov people want the liberal positions on social issues and the conservative positions on debt.

I think more of a populist who leans libertarian on some issues. But I don't think he ascribes to principle so much as to self-interest, and like most of us he's fine with big government when he perceives it as being to his personal advantage.

b_dubb

would anyone vote against their own self interest? why are we singling out Art?

Sardondi

Quote from: b_dubb on March 08, 2013, 10:40:00 AMwould anyone vote against their own self interest?...

All the time.

Canned Heat

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 07, 2013, 10:25:09 PM

And she still looks good too and hasn't resorted to lifestyle lift either.
How do you know that?

Quote from: b_dubb on March 08, 2013, 10:40:00 AM
would anyone vote against their own self interest? why are we singling out Art?

Huge swaths of folks vote against their own self interest for another interest or purported (misguided) ideal.

Tons of people vote against their self interest not realizing it

Canned Heat

Quote from: Art Lover on March 08, 2013, 03:27:31 PM
How do you know that?
Most beautiful people especially as they age get things done to look younger, there is nothing wrong with that and I agree, because at one point I was in fact, curious to know if she had gotten a boob job.

McPhallus

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on March 08, 2013, 03:56:42 PM
Huge swaths of folks vote against their own self interest for another interest or purported (misguided) ideal.

..or because of their self-destructive tendencies.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Art Lover on March 08, 2013, 03:27:31 PM
How do you know that?

well, she doesn't LOOK as if she has and still looks great.

The General

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 08, 2013, 04:07:39 PM
Tons of people vote against their self interest not realizing it
My liberal friends here in Seattle accuse me of that all of the time.  I have more to say about that, but since this isn't the politics section of the forum, I'll end it there. 

GNS

onan

I have always voted my conscience, not my wallet.

Long live Art Bell.
GNS... short aside, I have never been a personalized license plate kind of guy. I have lately considered plates with the letters GNS,

Falkie2013

Hmm. A few ideas.

We rent a billboard that says " George Noory Sucks ".

We chip in and get one of those planes to fly over Premiere's headquarters with the banner " George Noory Sucks ".

Or someone in New York rents one of those subway ad signs with the same slogan on it, because its been ruled as free speech when objected to by people.

Pity we couldn't prank the Hollywood sign to spell out George Noory Sucks with a huge picture of Snoory at one end of it for all to see.

Or maybe a searchlight ala the Bat signal that would project " George Noory Sucks " in the clouds.

Hey, Tommy's Turmeric Man cartoon. Now we have it. The Commissioner summons Turmeric Man with the Suck signal which would be the silhouette of a toilet plunger.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 05, 2013, 02:46:55 AM

And Dumb Luck - someone has to have the most of it, which brings us to George Noory..

Sign along the Snoory Way.

Tinfoil Hat

I've come to the conclusion that Art is gone and will never come back. He's in his late 60s, has a new wife and child. I can't blame him for wanting to just enjoy his retirement.

I look back on the Art Bell days of C2C as a special moment in time that will never come again. I feel lucky to have experienced some of it and like the nostalgia of hearing the old shows. To me, Art is a once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon and I just have to accept that he's gone and there will never be anyone like him.

FortRock

HERE'S WHERE I COME DOWN ON THIS ISSUE:
On Whitley Strieber's "Dreamland" he had around a 3-minute memorialization of Ramona Bell, and her creative role behind the show, and it's Theme Music. Then Whitley has announced that his "Dreamland Paranomal Conference" in Nashville, Tennessee is cancelled for this year, to be taken over by William Henry and Graham Hancock. Whitley is clearing his schedule for some major reason, since this Conference is a major highlight of his year. Why is he clearing his schedule NOW? It all comes back to a Ritualitically Announced date of April 2, 2013! Either Art announces his return on that date, or something serious is afoot! He's bringing Whitley Strieber into the fold like Art's done so much in the past. Perhaps my Pahrump Star Trek Source is right on seeing Whitley and Anne Strieber in Pahrump in late January! AND REMEMBER THE RITUALISM OF THIS PHOTOGRAPH!

What is the best source on the April 2 rumor?

So Art is never coming back, or he is coming back April 2.  Perfectly clear.

Tinfoil Hat

Well I suppose anything is possible, but I think Art will stay retired. I read he got at least $5 million, maybe more, when he hung it up. That's enough for him to enjoy his golden years. Unless he's spent it all, I don't think he has any reason to come back. If you were Art, would you?

Tinfoil Hat

I'd like to believe the April 2nd thing is true, but I seriously doubt it. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but Art's gone and he's never coming back. We need to just deal with it and move on.

11angeleyes11

After reading Art's response about coming back, but with all of the comments about not wanting to half-ass, being a very seasoned host, knowing that it takes time to build up syndiction, and just being practical, for some time this seemed just to fit.

Dreamland was Art's, he gave it to Whitley, and has the show has name and brand recognition.

They are both excellent hosts.  I do like Whitley's voice, espcially on more escoteric subjects and and explorations of ancient history, and of course aliens.

Art and Whitley have worked together, writing "The Coming Global Superstorm", and it has been successful. 

It would allow both men to have some flexibility with their schedules, the responsibilites of the show could be shared. 

With the right promotion, and dedication that combination would kick ass.  (The following sentence is not to infer competition to any current host, it is just a descriptive terminology for an excellent fusion of talent and the quality that would ensue.)

Taking a Fort Rock approach, T-bird was the bearer of the future prognication.  The sign is the Dreamland forum he created and enjoys fruitful conversation with alone.  He is simply keeping the posting fires warm until the future is revealed.  Stay Tuned!

onan

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on March 09, 2013, 10:11:35 AM
Well I suppose anything is possible, but I think Art will stay retired. I read he got at least $5 million, maybe more, when he hung it up. That's enough for him to enjoy his golden years. Unless he's spent it all, I don't think he has any reason to come back. If you were Art, would you?

Yeah. and the 5 mill would make the decision easier. He has the reputation, the skills/connections. the 5 mill makes him pretty much worry proof.

FortRock

TO SOMATIC:
Look at the photograph, and the area above Art's Left Shoulder. There is his Broadcast Chair, then above that, a clock reading 4:02!

onan

Quote from: FortRock on March 09, 2013, 10:40:16 AM
TO SOMATIC:
Look at the photograph, and the area above Art's Left Shoulder. There is his Broadcast Chair, then above that, a clock reading 4:02!

and just behind the clock is a shadow rat.

Quote from: FortRock on March 09, 2013, 10:40:16 AM
TO SOMATIC:

Of course, perfect source!

analog kid

Not at four hours a night, every night. I know of some hosts who do one hour podcast show twice a week, and they're constantly mentioning how much work it is, pretty much take the whole week to "research" and produce the main show. Art's heyday schedule would have these guys depleted and quiting within the first week.