• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Night Train

You know what we need to do?  In light of recent events, we need to set up a GoFundMe to hire Crystal Gayle to come up with some lyrics for a new theme song for Art, Mental in the Desert.

Chronaut

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 21, 2015, 08:04:32 PM
You sure seem like you're having fun.

Does this look like fun??

;D

trostol

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 21, 2015, 08:07:51 PM
(since Norland hates 80s movies and wouldn't get the reference)

lol

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 21, 2015, 08:06:24 PM
Yes, but the problem is that what you've laid out in a fit of jest is a much better script than the one we've got. I have a dual role as an Art Bell fan and as a member of the audience, as do many of Art's listeners. It's not wrong to want a better narrative. Then again, we've disagreed before and it's no surprise that we disagree again.

We'd all like to have all of the answers, but we don't. Nor do we need them, or have a right to have them. Either we can be satisfied and move on, or we can all sit around like we're doing and pitch fits, argue, trash Art's reputation, or whatever else the apparent agenda is on any given day.

norland2424

is that noory dying in a pizza roll? lol

Night Train

Quote from: Chronaut on December 21, 2015, 07:54:35 PM
Lol, yeah, sure.  Heather's interest in her podcast work is how they got to know each other, Sherlock.  There's nothing "suspicious" about thinking it might be fun to have her co-host from time to time.  Art has always liked to try new things.  And she's very likable.

But no - you're right.  It's much more reasonable to conclude that he masterminded a "false flag" operation involving a fake stalker, scripted on-air "scenes" to create the illusion that said stalker is real, enlisted the complicity of the Nye County Sheriff's Dept., and intentionally scraped his own knees to fabricate evidence, so...what?  He wouldn't have to just say "I'm gonna take a break for awhile and let Heather fill in for me."  Because clearly he couldn't just do *that.*

You're not smart.  I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you.  Tough love, y'know?

enlisted the complicity of the Nye county Sheriff's Dept

Actually, you mean he tried to enlist their complicity.  The NCSD investigated on more than one occasion, said they found no evidence whatsoever to back up Art's claims, and declared the investigation closed.

BellBoy

Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 08:07:53 PM
You know what we need to do?  In light of recent events, we need to set up a GoFundMe to hire Crystal Gayle to come up with some lyrics for a new theme song for Art, Mental in the Desert.
Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 08:10:37 PM

Actually, you mean he tried to enlist their complicity.  The NCSD investigated on more than one occasion, said they found no evidence whatsoever to back up Art's claims, and declared the investigation closed.

(boring old shit, anon)

Chronaut

Quote from: trostol on December 21, 2015, 08:09:03 PM
hilarious at least

To witness:  a guilty pleasure, true.

To experience:  no man envies the "sack attack."  Trust me on this.

anunnaki

When more information or behavior comes forth that contradicts previous perceptions it's OK to change one's opinion. Several things did that. Art's reappearance on Heather's first show-where all previous fear of him broadcasting was suddenly gone. His early(Failed)  introduction of Heather. His lack of Security-why bother if its not real?.
Just too many things that COLLECTIVELY don't add up.
Wipe your chin.

Chronaut

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 21, 2015, 08:10:35 PM
LOL  :D

This is what happens when dumb guys think they're clever  ;)

heater

Quote from: Catsmile on December 21, 2015, 06:06:34 PM
PRAISE MV!!

Slip me the DONG! <Clutches Pearls Swoons> :-*

It comforts me that I am not alone in remembering that moment we shared with MVD and his buddies. Some experiences are truly better together.

BobGrau

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 21, 2015, 08:02:08 PM

That is George's claim, but that's not it. 

Go read the thousands of posts on his thread for the reasons people don't like him, I doubt you will read even a single one saying they don't like him because he isn't Art Bell.  If you really believe that's the case, why do you think Knapp and Punnett aren't treated the same way?

This. Debate (and yes, bait) Art Bell all you want, say all the horrible things you want about (Redacted), but don't. don't ever question Bellgab's stance on George Noory.

anunnaki

Oh and before you try to substantiate any claims because police reports were made- any one can report anything (UFO's) to the PD that doesn't give them automatic credence

bellNwhistle

Quote from: norland2424 on December 21, 2015, 08:07:05 PM
he keeps trying to say that Art killed Ramona with out actually having the balls to fully say it, and no before people jump on me i dont think Art killed her.

I don't believe it either.. but yeah, I've seen a lot of that lately. Which means Art has, too.

Aside from the fact he's left his shows on multiple occasions, I just wonder what it was specifically that Art did to deserve these comments? Or the comments about how Heather got his job? Or about his making this all up for (insert lame reason here).   Most people on this forum don't know him personally and never will. 

Night Train

Quote from: BobGrau on December 21, 2015, 08:14:10 PM
This. Debate (and yes, bait) Art Bell all you want, say all the horrible things you want about (Redacted), but don't. don't ever question Bellgab's stance on George Noory.

It is beyond reasonable dispute that George Noory sucks.

BobGrau

It's an out-take from Scanners

...Oh hell, why not, call it Scanners! the Musical

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 08:10:37 PM

REALLY?? So first, Art was accused of not reporting anything to the police, refusing to file, etc.. NOW you're saying it was the exact opposite. Well slap my ass and call me Sally!

Um, NO.  Art himself said on the radio that after shots were fired on the 21st, he went looking around his property and found NO bullet holes.  He did not have any valid reason to suspect on that night that it was anything more than some dumbass riding around in the neighborhood shooting into the air, though he may have suspected he could be a target.  He didn't even hear it happen. The neighbors did, and called the cops. He got texts during the show, and you can hear all of this yourself if you listen to the show on the 21st of October.

BobGrau

Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 08:16:54 PM
It is beyond reasonable dispute that George Noory sucks.

It always comes back to this.

Night Train

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 21, 2015, 08:19:50 PM
REALLY?? So first, Art was accused of not reporting anything to the police, refusing to file, etc.. NOW you're saying it was the exact opposite. Well slap my ass and call me Sally!

Um, NO.  Art himself said on the radio that after shots were fired on the 21st, he went looking around his property and found NO bullet holes.  He did not have any valid reason to suspect on that night that it was anything more than some dumbass riding around in the neighborhood shooting into the air, though he may have suspected he could be a target.  He didn't even hear it happen. The neighbors did, and called the cops. He got texts during the show, and you can hear all of this yourself if you listen to the show on the 21st of October.

I guess the cops are lying then when they say they investigated Art's claims, found absolutely no evidence for them, and declared the investigation closed?

What, NCSD is on Premiere Radio's payroll?

Catsmile

Quote from: themudking on December 21, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
It comforts me that I am not alone in remembering that moment we shared with MVD and his buddies. Some experiences are truly better together.

Yeah... What are friends for, if you can't have a little dong slippage on the down-low.  :-*

Night Train

Quote from: BobGrau on December 21, 2015, 08:20:15 PM

But, never let us forget, it was Art who famously said, "George gets it."

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 21, 2015, 07:19:13 PM
What the fuck do you need verification for? It's a fucking radio show that went off the air not a goddamn Scooby Doo mystery. I just don't understand why you would give this much of a fuck about what happened.

I ask again, why the hell do you care so much? It didn't happen to you. Do you just get off on calling Art a liar or what's up here?

Well, this has been quite the character study. 

And the same people who scrutinize George Noory's every comment and action were going to just keep rolling with it every time Art quit? 

WOTR

Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 07:40:24 PM
Well, yes.  I would look foolish if I came on here one day saying that the lack of a police report on the telephone death threat was a big deal, and the next day I came on and said it's no big deal and we should ignore it.

Or did you mean persistent?
Perhaps both.  But most people here post on some other topic in addition to demanding the report (and now that I have caught up- it appears that you have a few other posts as well.)  I just thought it was funny that I went to bed last night to your demand of the report and there it was again when I checked in.  Nothing seems to have swayed you (including the fact that you can almost rest assured that anybody who would make that call would not do so from their home phone...)

But please, continue on.  As somebody who occasionally hyper-focuses on minor things, seeing others do it brings me joy and a warm smile.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 08:21:28 PM
I guess the cops are lying then when they say they investigated Art's claims, found absolutely no evidence for them, and declared the investigation closed?

What, NCSD is on Premiere Radio's payroll?

If Art said he didn't find any bullet holes, then how is anyone lying? And why would the police do anything more, if they have no clue what car to look for, a license plate #, and no bullets on the property? There wouldn't be a reason for them to do anything more. Certainly not during that episode.  And Art wasn't going to press it, likely because he couldnt prove the person was after him. So how does this mean anyone is lying about that.

Night Train

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 21, 2015, 08:19:50 PM

Actually, I've pointed out several times that police reports were filed by Art, or by others on his behalf, about the "shooting" and the "prowler."  You know, the things that the cops can't prove didn't happen?

But when it comes to something that can be proven or disproven, and could actually lead to the alleged murderous stalker, the telephoned death threat, Art refuses to file a report about that. 

Try to confuse the issue all you want.   It's not going to work.  Now, after you forced me to once again clear up your half-truths, go on about me beating a dead horse.

Whatever it takes. 

morgana213

Quote from: BobGrau on December 21, 2015, 08:20:15 PM
Yep, and what makes me sad is that Dave and his ilk are probably jumping for joy that Art isn't on the air.  Dave and premrat SUCKS!!

In Heather's first week she has proven to be better than Dave on his best night.