• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Sardondi

Quote from: HAL 9000 on February 15, 2013, 11:13:10 PM
Here, let me help....
They used to call this a "fisking": I propose it shall ever after be known as an "elfing".

Quote from: Usagi on February 16, 2013, 02:00:48 PM

His name was Max.  And I always thought it was weird and sweet that they made Goofy a widower... :-\

Goofy also had a short run in a comic book series as Super Goof - he had a nephew named Gilbert.

Somehow most (all?) of the Disney Mouse and Duck characters with kids around were uncles and aunts and the kids were nephews and nieces, I guess ol' Walt didn't want anyone thinking they had sex and stuff.  I myself am shocked to hear Goofy had a child - it's like the superhero movies that change the very basics of the original comic book storylines..

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 16, 2013, 02:27:19 PM
Somehow most (all?) of the Disney Mouse and Duck characters with kids around were uncles and aunts and the kids were nephews and nieces, I guess ol' Walt didn't want anyone thinking they had sex and stuff. 

Someone was still getting some serious boning done to populate the Disney universe.

McPhallus

Quote from: HAL 9000 on February 15, 2013, 11:13:10 PM
(My impression is he may be Fort Rock trying to disguise his writing style) Though tedious, it does help to read every word  ;)

I speculated earlier that he might actually be the infamous Thunderbird, a charge which he vehemently denies.  Perhaps, if he sticks around long enough, he'll become one of the gang and we'll forget his unremarkable early days.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on February 16, 2013, 03:06:41 PM
I speculated earlier that he might actually be the infamous Thunderbird, a charge which he vehemently denies.  Perhaps, if he sticks around long enough, he'll become one of the gang and we'll forget his unremarkable early days.
Hmm, I agree. That's my three cents.

Morgus

Quote from: McPhallus on February 16, 2013, 03:06:41 PM
Thunderbird may be back again today under new alias posting new threads all about his favorites, JC and Oscar...

Elflord

Here is tonights show with Mr Art Bell(aka the real art bell)
Art Bell: Somewhere in Time Sat 02-16
  6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 3/4/98 when the former Director of Project Stargate, Dale Graff, discussed the U.S. government's experiments with remote viewing.

Quote from: Elflord on February 16, 2013, 06:45:42 PM
Here is tonights show with Mr Art Bell(aka the real art bell)
Art Bell: Somewhere in Time Sat 02-16
  6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 3/4/98 when the former Director of Project Stargate, Dale Graff, discussed the U.S. government's experiments with remote viewing.

I don't care who the host is, there are certain topics (and guests for that matter, hi Whitley) that I don't ever want to hear about ever again. 'Remote Viewing' is at the very top of the list

Elflord

I am not a big fan of remote viewing too but who cares because at least Mr Noory will not be wasting me time.

It's a real sadness that Art didn't officially announce his return the same week as the Space Meteor Rush'n Attack. The colliding coincidence of those two events might have sent a shiver up Porridge George's P90X spine.

popple

Quote from: Pahrump Up The Jam on February 16, 2013, 10:03:11 PM
It's a real sadness that Art didn't officially announce his return the same week as the Space Meteor Rush'n Attack. The colliding coincidence of those two events might have sent a shiver up Porridge George's P90X spine.

I too was thinking of Art covering this when this story broke.

Nebraska888

I am listening to SIT as I type this......Dale is rather interesting.  Not a bad program at all.

WOTR

Quote from: Pahrump Up The Jam on February 16, 2013, 10:03:11 PM
I almost forgot that there is no such thing as a coincidence...  I opened up a new cheese from Quebec the night the meteor went through Russia and was snacking on it last night while listening to Noory.  It is a nice cheese that goes by the name meteorite described as a soft, blue-veined, surface-ripened, ash-covered cheese.

I am trying to decide if I can write off the consumption of the cheese as a coincidence in the timing of the meteor if I choose to apply the description to the host I was listening to instead... after all, they cannot both be coincidences and Noory could be described as soft, surface ripened, and mouldy.

Ipokesmot

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 16, 2013, 07:35:50 PM

I don't care who the host is, there are certain topics (and guests for that matter, hi Whitley) that I don't ever want to hear about ever again. 'Remote Viewing' is at the very top of the list

I remote view all the time.. Google Street View is bitchin!!  :D

Area51

I miss Art Bell's take on big events like the recent rash of big meteors.

Sardondi

Quote from: Area51 on February 19, 2013, 05:40:21 PM
I miss Art Bell's take on big events like the recent rash of big meteors.

It wouldn't have taken Art 48 hours or more to deal with such an event. He could have done an hour himself within minutes of having heard about it. Within a day he'd have informed, informative guests ready to give a good 4 or even 5 hours.

When it comes to reaction to a breaking story, Art Bell proved many times that he traveled at the speed of light; while George Noory has showed us many times he still drives a horse and buggy.

Larkin

to the new guy who asked about Ground zero, its pretty good.  you can go to tunein.com  and put ground zero in the search engine, and all the radio stations currently airing it will come up in a list, then you pick which one and u can listen to it streaming.  tonite michael rooker from the walking dead was interviewed...what a cool guy.

lonevoice

Quote from: Sardondi on February 19, 2013, 08:38:40 PM
It wouldn't have taken Art 48 hours or more to deal with such an event. He could have done an hour himself within minutes of having heard about it. Within a day he'd have informed, informative guests ready to give a good 4 or even 5 hours.

When it comes to reaction to a breaking story, Art Bell proved many times that he traveled at the speed of light; while George Noory has showed us many times he still drives a horse and buggy.

So much this.  Art would have had multiple on-the-scene callers coming in on the International Line.  We'd have had eye witness reports, and Russkis translating for us what the talking heads were saying on Russian TV. 

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on February 19, 2013, 11:27:32 PM

So much this.  Art would have had multiple on-the-scene callers coming in on the International Line.  We'd have had eye witness reports, and Russkis translating for us what the talking heads were saying on Russian TV.

And what do we have instead of something like this?  Freaking UFO Phil.  ::)   Thanks, Jorch.

jazmunda

Thank you to whoever posted about this Ground Zero program as an alternative to Coast to Coast AM. This is the kind of radio we have been missing since Art left full/part time hosting. I was just listening to the first half hour of the show from the 18th of February on the tunein app and it really transported me back to listening to Art in the mid to late nineties. This guy truly gets it.

Ground Zero seems to have more of a paranormal vibe to it than what Coast to Coast has become which is now basically an infomercial with a bland host.

I have have not listened to Coast to Coast in a long time and now that I have found an adequate replacement to Art I have somewhere else to go.

Just out of interest has this Clyde ever mentioned Art Bell? Does he see him as a role model for this type of radio that Art pioneered?

I saw on his wiki page that he is now syndicated by Prem Radio. Is this the beginning of the end for this show?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: jazmunda on February 20, 2013, 06:46:48 PM
Thank you to whoever posted about this Ground Zero program as an alternative to Coast to Coast AM. This is the kind of radio we have been missing since Art left full/part time hosting. I was just listening to the first half hour of the show from the 18th of February on the tunein app and it really transported me back to listening to Art in the mid to late nineties. This guy truly gets it.

Ground Zero seems to have more of a paranormal vibe to it than what Coast to Coast has become which is now basically an infomercial with a bland host.

I have have not listened to Coast to Coast in a long time and now that I have found an adequate replacement to Art I have somewhere else to go.

Just out of interest has this Clyde ever mentioned Art Bell? Does he see him as a role model for this type of radio that Art pioneered?

I saw on his wiki page that he is now syndicated by Prem Radio. Is this the beginning of the end for this show?

Yes, I've heard Clyde mention Art and C2C before.  On his first night of national syndication a few months ago, he specifically mentioned Art and how he was an inspiration.  Clyde was actually crying on air that night.  He's a pretty genuine guy, and I've become a regular listener.  I certainly don't agree with all his views, but at least he's entertaining, literate, and intelligent.

miamiron

Quote from: Elflord on February 16, 2013, 08:04:30 PM
I am not a big fan of remote viewing too but who cares because at least Mr Noory will not be wasting me time.

How about "the kill shot" with Ed Dames?

Larkin

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 20, 2013, 06:52:59 PM
Yes, I've heard Clyde mention Art and C2C before.  On his first night of national syndication a few months ago, he specifically mentioned Art and how he was an inspiration.  Clyde was actually crying on air that night.  He's a pretty genuine guy, and I've become a regular listener.  I certainly don't agree with all his views, but at least he's entertaining, literate, and intelligent.

GRound zero is the only radio show I've heard that comes even at all close to the vibe that Art used to lay down.  Clyde can get a bit aggro with the callers sometimes tho when they don't agree with him. 

Quote from: miamiron on February 20, 2013, 08:03:29 PM

How about "the kill shot" with Ed Dames?

I thought that was Steve Carell?

mombird3

A public figure has a hard time proving slander or defamation of character according to NoLo.com. I looked it up.
On the Katherine RFID thing: A Social Security # is ID in this country as far as I know. And Loren Weinstein the Coast Computer expert has often said that the chips in the items sold in stores do not work after purchase and away from the store mor than a mile. And who cares. If I do not pay my income tax they block my bank account by my social security number. When I apply for credit my social security number is used by the credit company. And the hospital asks for my Social Security number. If I do not pay the bill they can find me. So Katherine Albrecht is full of crap.

Does anyone happen to have a good link for Art's interview with Glenn Campbell of Area 51 fame?
I think this is quite possibly one of the hardest to find from a trustworthy site.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Artsy on February 12, 2013, 12:10:57 PM
How I miss Art Bell.  His shows always to be looked forward to.  His voice, somewhere out there, I'd listen every single time til 5 a.m... Work started when I felt like but it was almost secondary to not missing a word of my high desert man.

here's one for you, where Art talks about his beloved cat Abby.

ART BELL ET Moon Bases 2006 Classic Show C2CAM

Falkie2013

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on February 24, 2013, 04:22:46 AM
Does anyone happen to have a good link for Art's interview with Glenn Campbell of Area 51 fame?
I think this is quite possibly one of the hardest to find from a trustworthy site.

have been looking for you but nothing yet. it might be on pirate's bay. I found downloads of dreamland shows on there.

this link is of interest and in the area 51 employee vein.

www.hiking-trail.net/video_youtube/(2) Coast to Coast with Art Bell: (CLASSIC) Area 51 Employees Line/OHwDvIj2ZZY

google says this is the interview on you tube when I searched for it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHwDvIj2ZZY

Quote from: Falkie2013 on February 24, 2013, 05:22:56 AM

have been looking for you but nothing yet. it might be on pirate's bay. I found downloads of dreamland shows on there.
Thank you Falkie. I believe it was in August of '95, on dreamland.
How trustworthy is piratesbay, cuz the one link I do have
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4446089/
What do you think?