• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

McPhallus

I would expect, at this point, to hear about it only in trade publications, fan sites, and paranormal news sites.  Remember that nothing has actually been officially announced other than the negotiations.  Once an actual deal is made, I would expect to hear about it in more mainstream media outlets.  Whatever entity he signs with will likely do most of the promotion rather than AB himself.

Quote from: The General on January 31, 2013, 12:23:59 AM
I did a google search for Art Bell and clicked the 'news' tab.  It's interesting that NOTHING has been reported ANYWHERE except for Facebook and Coastgab and maybe some other fan sites that nobody goes to anymore.  You'd think that at least one blog or news outlet however fringe would report that Art is in negotiations for a possible radio comeback.  It isn't even mentioned yet on Art's Wiki page.  Is Premier doing what it can to keep this story hushed up?  Is that possible?  It's pretty big news. 

Anyway, it's even more amazing that Art has thousands of fans that already know, and don't need a news outlet to tell them about it.  That is one really great thing about the internet is that it bypasses the media.  Mass direct information.  The downside to that of course is the mass dis- and mis-information that proliferates the internet.  But you have to take the bad with the good sometimes.

morphiaflow

Ana! So glad to see you back. "We're getting the band back together!"

I agree about trade publications and what not. I'd imagine Art's impending return is probably known or getting there in the industry, but without a press release and an official announcement, it's still an us-only club. Like those who get the Hendrie references.

Speaking of Peenman products, listened to the replay of the last hour of last night's show on my way home from a movie tonight (Broken City--decent, but wait for the dollar theater/DVD). The topic was about fuel alternatives, and a woman called in and suggested--I shit you not--suggesting people attach vapor screens to their cars and use human feces as fuel, and this was the wave of the future. It was a total Peenman moment.

And yes, George still signed off with Art's name.

morphiaflow

Bets on when George stops signing off with Art's name?

Art is doing an open caller hour on the Fine Art stream right now, he is just an amazingly good radio guy.

I'll admit that I'm too lazy to take the time to read the 3 pages of replies to this post, but all I can say as a devout Art Bell loyalist is that it's about fracken time! Like I've said before, this is like the second coming to us Bellians, (well actually I guess the 5th or 6th coming, I've lost track) and maybe it's a sign of much better things to come. Art's return will rescue the airwaves and deliver us from the hell that has been the past 10 years without him, returning us all to an age of enlightenment that we seem to be in much need of this day-and-age. (Strange though. Isn't that what the other version of the Mayans 2012 prophecy was supposed to represent...)

Either that or he's just like Brett Farve and can't stand to be away from it all and now that I'm sure his fatherly duties are not as demanding as they once were, he can go back to doing what he once loved and did so much better than anyone else. Whatever the case, I look forward to the great Bell's return with anxiousness and excitement! And who knows? Maybe Mr. Snoory will take a hint and change his whole tune too. I can't imagine what kind of late night radio war may ensue! :P

"No mystery is closed to an open mind." -Tim White

Rasputin

Quote from: morphiaflow on January 31, 2013, 01:37:56 AM
Bets on when George stops signing off with Art's name?

Within days of Arts return.

mombird3

Thank you for the email about Art Bell's announcement. I do hope Art gets a show some place.
Last night the numbers lady was on and I did not listen. And I hope some good happens. Maybe the letters and your emails helped this to happen. I liked Sunday night with Knapp. And it is quite a come-down to have to listen to hogwash from the Numbers lady. The show really is suffering a slow death.

Thank you.

analog kid

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 30, 2013, 11:10:19 PM
Well, yes, if you want to call it that  ;) You could go here for starters & listen to the interview:

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2136.msg63403.html#msg63403

He's alarmingly civil there, considering his online persona(s). One kind of expects Bobcat Goldthwait on acid or something.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on January 30, 2013, 11:08:07 PM

... There is one final source I look to for verifying all things Noory and that is Airyn Bell's facebook page.  One of the fans has written on her wall thanking her for letting Art resume his career (we'll let that slide by....) and I am watching the page to see if she replies and what she says.  Anticipating your question--the reason I am sure about this source is there is a constant flow of new Bell family pictures. ...
Anagrammy

Hello, Old Friend.  Great to see your smiling face again. 

Someone else told me they saw the fan's post on Airyn's page, too, and that it has since been deleted.  I checked and found it gone.  Hmmmmmmm ....
???

Juan

Maybe his wife told him, "You spend all night yacking on that radio, why don't you do it where you can get paid?"

Hey, Ana!  :)  Great to see you!
My, my, that Mr. Bell sure is a big force in the universe...

onan

Welcome back Ana. Good to have you back.

Marc.Knight

Are we certain that Art will return with a paranormal talk show.  Maybe he'll mix it up a little.

onan

I don't think there is much substantial information out there. Lots of conjecture though.

On that point, it would be a mistake to go off in another direction. Art is definitely tied to the paranormal. I think any other venue would be off the table.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on January 31, 2013, 07:00:29 AM
I don't think there is much substantial information out there. Lots of conjecture though.

On that point, it would be a mistake to go off in another direction. Art is definitely tied to the paranormal. I think any other venue would be off the table.

Perhaps so, however the 'paranormal' as a fresh topic has been beaten to death by talk host wannabees and forever cheapened by the Suck for more than 10 years.  Art is smart enough to read the tea leaves and perhaps tweak his paranormal approach a little to excite a mixed audience.  The conjecture and debate is fun.

By the way, with all the new visitors as of late, MV has been chanting... "yes...click the advertisements...click the advertisements..."

awguy

Quote from: morphiaflow on January 30, 2013, 03:02:07 PM
I wonder if "Ghost to Ghost" and the New Year's Prediction shows will come back.

I suspect the term "Ghost to Ghost" is somehow owned by premiere. Art would have to use a different name.

onan

Quote from: Marc knight on January 31, 2013, 07:19:49 AM

Perhaps so, however the 'paranormal' as a fresh topic has been beaten to death by talk host wannabees and forever cheapened by the Suck for more than 10 years.  Art is smart enough to read the tea leaves and perhaps tweak his paranormal approach a little to excite a mixed audience.  The conjecture and debate is fun.

By the way, with all the new visitors as of late, MV has been chanting... "yes...click the advertisements...click the advertisements..."
There are no new topics. And the paranormal is unique in the ability to discuss at all levels of understanding. Don't need a degree in business or poli sci to understand the topics. the subject interests the romantics, the curious, and the scientific in one fell swoop.

qaddisin

C2C under Nooron has become the domain of turmeric and crystal salesmen who can tell your future by what you named your pet and guests that swear the government wants to take away your guns, put you camps, and harvest your glands. Occasionally, you get an actual Bigfoot or UFO show, but that generally falls on Knapp's watch, so maybe twice a month. So I don't really feel the paranormal has been beaten to death, it's just been put in a home and forgotten about.

If Art does start a new show (fingers crossed), he can pull a lot of these topics out of retirement with him.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: qaddisin on January 31, 2013, 09:21:39 AM
C2C under Nooron has become the domain of turmeric and crystal salesmen who can tell your future by what you named your pet and guests that swear the government wants to take away your guns, put you camps, and harvest your glands. Occasionally, you get an actual Bigfoot or UFO show, but that generally falls on Knapp's watch, so maybe twice a month. So I don't really feel the paranormal has been beaten to death, it's just been put in a home and forgotten about.

If Art does start a new show (fingers crossed), he can pull a lot of these topics out of retirement with him.

Art inspired great callers.  Even if they were hoaxes the entertainment value was supreme.

Coasted2astop

Quote from: Fly By Night on January 30, 2013, 08:39:33 PM
I put money on it that Art blasts C2C within his first week..
If he makes it past the first 11 minutes I'd be surprised. Nothing really hateful or direct, but more like his 'wind' webcam message.

slipstream

Quote from: Marc knight on January 31, 2013, 06:51:34 AM
Are we certain that Art will return with a paranormal talk show.  Maybe he'll mix it up a little.

Art has always mixed it up a little.

Coasted2astop

Quote from: MV on March 18, 2012, 01:37:17 AM
i never brag about myself, but holy shit... when i listen to some podcasts, i come to realize just how awesome the trainwreck show actually is in comparison.  WOW.  why these people SEEK to sound like NPR is beyond me.
I think I'm still subscribed but haven't gotten one in quite awhile.. better recheck my rss reader. I don't like the regular radio show podcasts - too over-produced.

Quote from: The General on January 31, 2013, 12:23:59 AM
I did a google search for Art Bell and clicked the 'news' tab.  It's interesting that NOTHING has been reported ANYWHERE except for Facebook and Coastgab and maybe some other fan sites that nobody goes to anymore.  You'd think that at least one blog or news outlet however fringe would report that Art is in negotiations for a possible radio comeback.  It isn't even mentioned yet on Art's Wiki page.  Is Premier doing what it can to keep this story hushed up?  Is that possible?  It's pretty big news. 

Anyway, it's even more amazing that Art has thousands of fans that already know, and don't need a news outlet to tell them about it.  That is one really great thing about the internet is that it bypasses the media.  Mass direct information.  The downside to that of course is the mass dis- and mis-information that proliferates the internet.  But you have to take the bad with the good sometimes.

Obviously you haven't seen the best site on the Internet http://www.horrorreport.com/ (shameless, shameful self promotion)

By the way it's sure fun watching some old CoastGab faces come back again ... It's like
Coming home for thanksgiving or Christmas, this is a magical time right now..,

ItsOver

Quote from: Marc knight on January 31, 2013, 07:19:49 AM

Big Brother has been tracking me so well, I've usually clicked on the advertisements BEFORE I see them pop up here.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 31, 2013, 05:35:44 AM
Maybe his wife told him, "You spend all night yacking on that radio, why don't you do it where you can get paid?"

Hahahaha.... good one.  :)

b_dubb

the trick to being a good musician is listening. I imagine the same would be true of being a good host. Noory never listens to anything but the sound the marbles in his head make when they roll around. and that's why he sucks

artfanmoll

;)Come On Art! Do a Deal and get on the Air! We as listener's need a challenging, informative, dig your heel's in and get to the bottom kinda guy on the air. ;)

Falkie2013

Quote from: Marc knight on January 30, 2013, 06:56:55 AM

No one dares touch his greasy 3 X 5 cards.  In off hours he keeps them safely tucked away in a satchel between his butt cheeks.

Same place he stores his frozen pizza rolls.