• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Just Me

Could be early dementia setting in. After all, he's 70 and the body is pretty much shot by then.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jalix1 on November 27, 2015, 02:31:27 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought I heard AB mention that there were 2 people in the spotlight. He did not say "persons of interest". IMO ,it s a crazed C2C fan doing a devotion to Dave!

Yeah, sure...  ::)

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 27, 2015, 12:27:29 PM
You should go on the GabCast. It's always interesting to hear what people sound like. And, in your case, I would be intrigued to hear what someone sounds like who actually has Art's nutsack in his mouth.

I was on the gabcast long before your pretentious limey bumbling idiot faggot ass co-hosting "effort".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 02:38:16 PM
I was on the gabcast long before your pretentious limey bumbling idiot faggot ass.

You keep talking like that to him, you'll turn him on to such a degree he will just mess his pants...Now, you really want that on your conscience?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 02:38:16 PM
I was on the gabcast long before your pretentious limey bumbling idiot faggot ass.

Falkie, you're not allowed to have two accounts, it violates the ToS. Or, in your case, the PoS. I should have recognised the similarities before: you share an affinity for jerking off radio hosts, and you couldn't manage to write an interesting sentence to please a dying grandmother.

By the way, I take issue with the word "bumbling".

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 27, 2015, 02:43:37 PM
Falkie, you're not allowed to have two accounts, it violates the TOS. Or, in your case, the POS. I should have recognised the similarities before: you share an affinity for jerking off radio hosts, and you couldn't manage to write an interesting sentence to please a dying grandmother.

I agree; Your drivel is perfectly erudite and correctly pronounced. No bumbling apparent.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 27, 2015, 02:46:33 PM

I agree; Your drivel is perfectly erudite and correctly pronounced. No bumbling apparent.

And as for pretentious...Moi?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 27, 2015, 02:47:33 PM
And as for pretentious...Moi?

Even I saw what you did there...Impressed?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 27, 2015, 02:55:23 PM
Even I saw what you did there...Impressed?

Well, it was 40 years old, and I hope John Cleese isn't on this forum or he'll be asking for a royalty.

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 27, 2015, 02:43:37 PM
Falkie, you're not allowed to have two accounts, it violates the ToS. Or, in your case, the PoS. I should have recognised the similarities before: you share an affinity for jerking off radio hosts, and you couldn't manage to write an interesting sentence to please a dying grandmother.

I didn't know you were dying. Thank heaven for small favors. If you're looking for sympathy you can find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 03:05:49 PM
I didn't know you were dying. Thank heaven for small favors. If you're looking for sympathy you can find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

Dear dear... You're really going to try and get in an intellectual battle with the southern softy limey scumbag, when you're unarmed? Good luck with that. No really, good luck..

SV the flat beer lover...the floor is yours sweedie.

jazmunda

I'll just leave this here.

phrodo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 27, 2015, 03:09:42 PM

Dear dear... You're really going to try and get in an intellectual battle with the southern softy limey scumbag, when you're unarmed? Good luck with that. No really, good luck..

SV the fat queer lover...the floor is yours sweedie.

Oh please. I could beat the pretentious bitch to tears with half my brain tied behind my back. Lucky for her I have better things to do.

phrodo

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2015, 03:10:16 PM
I'll just leave this here.

Maybe one of the nutless faggots can call in and accuse Art of drumming up the drama and lying.

ItsOver

As an Art fan boy, I just expect drama and intrigue, whether it's Art's choice or not.  Much as Noory = suck. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 03:15:58 PM
Oh please. I could beat the pretentious bitch to tears with half my brain tied behind my back. Lucky for her I have better things to do.

I'm not a qualified neuro surgeon, but I don't think that is either possible or advisable. Seriously.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 03:05:49 PM

Don't try and fool us with your venereal disease smack talk into thinking you have ever had sex with a woman.

While you are still thumbing through the letter S, perhaps you should look up 'stalker'. Just where were you the other night, hmm? And don't give us the "seducing my sister" line again, because it's getting old.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 03:17:00 PM
Maybe one of the nutless faggots can call in and accuse Art of drumming up the drama and lying.

Better still; if one of the IV canular pumping testosterone fans calls up and asks if the police report number can be looked up... Then go over it again.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: phrodo on November 27, 2015, 03:15:58 PM

Yeah, big boy; those donuts don't dust themselves. And an old lady has just pissed herself on aisle three, so best get busy with the bucket, you deluded mop jockey.

Robert

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 27, 2015, 02:20:21 PMI'd be interested, too.  It seems like every few weeks Art goes public with something where people say he'd be better off keeping quiet.  I think it's just his personality.  Remember that from years ago; it's what makes this more than just some guy on the radio for me.  Years ago, when I was young and foolish, during some crisis or another I actually sent him an email (on AOL, I think, hahaha) saying he was in my prayers or whatever, and I never do stuff like that.  He builds a rapport with his audience like nobody else I know.

I wonder if his years of ham radio (a pretty niche thing, kind of like the internet of 50 years ago in that it consists of conversations with strangers you'll never meet) fostered a sort of intimacy over the radio.
He's good that way, but far from unique.  Michael Savage is similarly intimate-seeming, but with added kvetching.  I & many others have noticed the similarity of his style to that of Jean P. Shepherd, although Savage professes complete ignorance of Shep.  Shep too was into amateur radio; actually a lot of on-air pros used to be, which I think had to do w licensing requirements at one time.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Robert on November 27, 2015, 12:11:48 PM
Maybe you could fill us in on what's usual from the public info desk of police.  What effort has been made to get a statement from them?That silence may or may not be significant.  On one hand, fact checking by news pros is often so pitiful that you'd expect something like this to turn up in the news regardless of how shaky it is.  OTOH, being fact checking is so weak, how much significance can be laid to either the presence or absence of stories?Sure, where he can watch them.  If the stalker is after his family, what good would it do them to separate?  What should he do, hire imposters to get shot in place of them while the real ones sneak out via the tunnel?

I tend to suspect publicity stunts by media people.  For a long time I thought Rush Limbaugh's supposed narcotics addiction was a publicity stunt.  As long as there was no official action (and you never know who's a target of indictment), it was just some statements by a cleaning lady and Limbaugh.  This is more than that, and while it's conceivable that it could all have been set up, and Mr. Bell is after all a showman, I don't think it's fake.
The two most significant doubt drivers:
1. Three incidents at the Bell house in a period of a few weeks; one with gunfire reported, two of serious intrusion.  Yet the family, including a child, is still staying in this smallish frame house with no physical protection.  That's a stretch for me to swallow.
2. Art Bell, internationally known talk radio host, has three intrusion incidents at his residence with one involving gunfire, and there NO media interest whatsoever.  That's like denying gravity.

If I hadn't been a Bell listener for 20 years, I'd have no reason to doubt these incidents.  But in that time Art's had more sensational scenarios than Pauline had Perils and I'm just kinda jaded. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 27, 2015, 03:52:11 PM
The two most significant doubt drivers:
1. Three incidents at the Bell house in a period of a few weeks; one with gunfire reported, two of serious intrusion.  Yet the family, including a child, is still staying in this smallish frame house with no physical protection.  That's a stretch for me to swallow.

Exactly.

2. Art Bell, internationally known talk radio host, has three intrusion incidents at his residence with one involving gunfire, and there NO media interest whatsoever.  That's like denying gravity.

Exactly

If I hadn't been a Bell listener for 20 years, I'd have no reason to doubt these incidents.  But in that time Art's had more sensational scenarios than Pauline had Perils and I'm just kinda jaded.

Yep.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 27, 2015, 03:18:41 PM
I'm not a qualified neuro surgeon

That was another attempt at top-right notoriety that was as shameless as it was whorish. Are you telling us that you are merely an amateur neurosurgeon? Do we just pop along to your shed for a trepanning?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 27, 2015, 04:07:22 PM
That was another attempt at top-right notoriety that was as shameless as it was whorish. Are you telling us that you are merely an amateur neurosurgeon? Do we just pop along to your shed for a trepanning?

Oh I still get paid for it; I'm just not qualified to practice neuro surgery.. well, if it comes to that, I'm not qualified to put on an elastoplast, let alone use surgical instruments on a living human.. It's a minor point that keeps being raked up (and I'm frankly tired of it) over and over, but the facts speak for themselves. Twenty patients (stalked victims) with neurological problems that had to be resolved. Presented themselves to me and my team, and we fixed them.. Job done.

zeebo

Last few pages of conspiracy a-speculatin' are a bit much.  Whatever's been going on it has several times affected live interviews in real time.  I think we can all agree Art's a pro, so I don't doubt there's a legit issue here. 

Hope it gets resolved soon, must be a drag to stress about such distractions.  Open lines tonite - good time to blow off some steam and have some fun.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: zeebo on November 27, 2015, 04:15:02 PM
Last few pages of conspiracy a-speculatin' are a bit much.  Whatever's been going on it has several times affected live interviews in real time.  I think we can all agree Art's a pro, so I don't doubt there's a legit issue here. 

What conspiracy speculation? A conspiracy suggests more than one participant. On what basis do you believe it's legit? Empirical evidence?
Hope it gets resolved soon, must be a drag to stress about such distractions.  Open lines tonite - good time to blow off some steam and have some fun.

Oh it will be resolved, of that we can be sure.

zeebo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 27, 2015, 04:18:21 PM
What conspiracy speculation? A conspiracy suggests more than one participant. On what basis do you believe it's legit? Empirical evidence?

Ok so whatever a conspiracy-of-one is?  Anyway I just gave you my basis - Art's a pro, he'd never disrupt some live show with a respected guest like M. Kaku to create some fable.  It's enough for me is all I'm saying. 

Robert

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 27, 2015, 03:52:11 PM2. Art Bell, internationally known talk radio host, has three intrusion incidents at his residence with one involving gunfire, and there NO media interest whatsoever.  That's like denying gravity.
I've noticed in the past a lack of interest by the media reporting on some of their own whose heads stick up too far.  Howard A. Stern had a paucity of media interest in his run for governor of NY in 1994, and in other cases as well; seems they think he can just promote himself, doesn't need or deserve news coverage.  Michael Savage's being denied entry to the UK was practically ignored by the media, same reason I think.  However, another reason operating in both of their cases is political bias; most journalists lean hard to the "left" & are unsympathetic to libertarians & those on the "right".

Quote from: zeebo on November 27, 2015, 04:24:16 PM
Ok so whatever a conspiracy-of-one is?  Anyway I just gave you my basis - Art's a pro, he'd never disrupt some live show with a respected guest like M. Kaku to create some fable.  It's enough for me is all I'm saying.
But what are you not saying...

lonevoice

Quote from: zeebo on November 27, 2015, 04:15:02 PM
Last few pages of conspiracy a-speculatin' are a bit much. 

Since I'm not wearing a smoking jacket, I'll just say it: The last few pages are shite.  ;)