• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 04, 2015, 06:03:20 PM
I love redacted but knowing Keith , I'm not buying the 'team' bent over backwards to help Leo .

i've seen it mentioned a couple of times that there was bad blood due to the lack of prominence of leo's news on artbell.com, which could be true or could be total rubbish.

K_Dubb

It is the great sorrow of the world that we were denied the opportunity to hear Leo report on the ufo landings on Lake Atitlán in Guatemala.

Freyja

Quote from: Faustina on October 04, 2015, 05:57:31 PM
Please don't give Leo that satisfaction.  That's very likely (imo) exactly what he hoped for when he exited in such a public and spiteful manner.

Good point, however that was not my intent.

Asscraft's behavior is juvenile, unprofessional, narcissistic, vindictive and seemingly on the brink of some mental health issue IMHO....certainly not the attributes that will attract any business to consider him for employment of any kind....one would think.

That said though, he is obviously VERY upset about how things went down at MITD.

My point and question was/is could this have been prevented by all parties coming to some fair and amicable compromise?

We don't know all the details...nor should we necessarily, however now that this shmozzle is out there by Asscraft's hand, Art mentioning this on MITD, guess it's out there for public comment, question and discussion.

Those are some pretty serious allegations by Asscraft ( and yes I am spelling his name that way with intent).

If Asscraft is a blatant, delusional psycho liar, then I hope Art/Keith and MITD sue more than the pants off his sorry ass. If he just made a bad deal with MITD which he later regretted, then that should be publicly substantiated.   

I am just sad that all this has come to pass when MITD seemed to be going so well.  Art doesn't need this aggravation and bad press.

Has this made any other media other than FB?

Is there any substantiation the affiliates are dropping MITD because of this?

phrodo

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 06:06:04 PM
i've seen it mentioned a couple of times that there was bad blood due to the lack of prominence of leo's news on artbell.com, which could be true or could be total rubbish.

Keith said there was a link on the site -- but it was only on Leo's profile page. That's a pretty buried and weak link as far as links go.

Toward the end Leo was constantly hawking his site on the news segments with shit like - 'what do you think -- tell us on MY FUCKING WEB SITE.' Maybe that was due to or a cause of the friction there. I know it was tiresome for me to hear over and over. It sounded stupid and pitiful and I disliked that worse than his occasional awkward mispronunciation. That and trying to recruit DMN reporters was pretty bush league as well.  ::)

Faustina

Quote from: Freyja on October 04, 2015, 06:19:22 PM

My point and question was/is could this have been prevented by all parties coming to some fair and amicable compromise?

We don't know all the details...nor should we necessarily, however now that this shmozzle is out there by Asscraft's hand, Art mentioning this on MITD, guess it's out there for public comment, question and discussion.

Those are some pretty serious allegations by Asscraft ( and yes I am spelling his name that way with intent).

If Asscraft is a blatant, delusional psycho liar, then I hope Art/Keith and MITD sue more than the pants off his sorry ass. If he just made a bad deal with MITD which he later regretted, then that should be publicly substantiated.   

I am just sad that all this has come to pass when MITD seemed to be going so well.  Art doesn't need this aggravation and bad press.

Has this made any other media other than FB?

Is there any substantiation the affiliates are dropping MITD because of this?

I see your point, and it's valid, but to feel like a shadow is now cast over MITD is precisely what Leo wanted by raising such a huge ruckus when he left.  He *wants* Art and Keith's names to now be viewed as people you don't want to work for, and for stations to hear about it and think twice about signing up to air MITD.  Leo may be mentally ill, but there is a spiteful intent behind the horrendous uproar he's created.  I'd hate to see that spiteful intent hitting its mark and causing sadness in how listeners feel towards MITD.  This will all blow over in a few days, and the show will continue on as great as it has been so far.  Maybe even better now that they don't have a loose cannon for a News Reader.  When you have a small operation like Art's, the team needs to be solid.  Personality conflicts need to be nipped in the bud before they get out of control like this one did.  NOT pointing fingers really, though, at how it was handled:  I don't think anyone expected Leo to go berserk in the way he did. 

Quote from: phrodo on October 04, 2015, 06:26:26 PM
Keith said there was a link on the site -- but it was only on Leo's profile page. That's a pretty buried and weak link as far as links go.

Yup, that's a Keith move alright.

Skunk Ape

The real loser in all of this is Alongside Night

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 04, 2015, 06:18:14 PM
It is the great sorrow of the world that we were denied the opportunity to hear Leo report on the ufo landings on Lake Atitlán in Guatemala.
Now I'll never know how NOT to pronounce Atitlan.  Maybe even Guatemala. 

cosmic hobo

Anyone else surprised that Jim Malliard is taking Leo's side.

#JimmyChurch #GeorgeSenda #JimMalliard #LeoAshcraft #AlternateRealityDreamTeam

cosmic hobo

Quote from: ItsOver on October 04, 2015, 06:47:57 PM
Now I'll never know how NOT to pronounce Atitlan.  Maybe even Guatemala.

I'm not sure he wouldn't try to pronounce UFO by saying YouFo rather than spelling out the letters U F O.

WhiteCrow

Art I'm not an attorney , but if I was in your situation with Leo, I'd ask my attorney:

"Should I hold off for awhile with our new version of paranormal news? I wouldn't want to give Leo any ammunition to start a lawsuit over, we stoled his intellectual property"
^^^^ I'm sure you know this already.

Deepest regrets Art, that you have to waste your time and talent with Leo.
Please hang in there for us... I can understand the frustration you must having.

Hope Leo, doesn't get to ... IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE... mode... I understand your concern for him.

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 04, 2015, 06:42:12 PM
Yup, that's a Keith move alright.

"Your viral, fake news stories are competition to my viral, fake news stories." -kr

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cosmic hobo on October 04, 2015, 06:55:43 PM
Anyone else surprised that Jim Malliard is taking Leo's side.

#JimmyChurch #GeorgeSenda #JimMalliard #LeoAshcraft #AlternateRealityDreamTeam

jim malliard is an illiterate dummy.

twiki

Quote from: Skunk Ape on October 04, 2015, 06:43:30 PM
The real loser in all of this is Alongside Night

And the big winner is the popcorn animated gif people.

ItsOver

Quote from: cosmic hobo on October 04, 2015, 06:59:46 PM
I'm not sure he wouldn't try to pronounce UFO by saying YouFo rather than spelling out the letters U F O.
I'll never understand how someone could believe they are a professional announcer and not take the time to learn the proper pronunciation of a word they even had the slightest doubt about. 

Wilderness

Leo didn't help himself by his tactics - i.e., a Facebook picture of Art giving the finger, and publishing a monetary receipt, giving out subscriber / advertising numbers.

I'm sure he feels bitter but he went too far.    By the sounds of it, Keith can be difficult to get on with, but still...  Leo didn't do himself favours.

Personally, I'm going to miss the his news segment, and don't give a sh!t about his pronunciations correctness - we are all f?cked up in some other ways and worse ways.   Ultimately, it was fun and different ( in a good way ).

Shame the parties couldn't reach a compromise - but with whats gone on over the weekend - that opportunity has long gone. 

... and all Art wants to do is to churn out radio programs - which he's damned good at, without the drama. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: nbirnes on October 04, 2015, 03:27:02 PM
This animosity for Keith is sickening. And relentless. Why not just stop?

Rowells.... Because some of these guys are just "one trick ponys"

They haven't a clue what it takes to start a business and make it a success.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: popple on October 04, 2015, 03:38:00 PM
Any affiliate nice guy leo added to the show was to increase his ad revenue. He seemed to be expecting a huge return by supposedly investing his own money. If he can't profit from them anymore he'll be damned if anyone else does ::) MITD is going to keep growing in affiliates & make up for whatever is lost here.

Ms Popple when I heard your voice ... I assumed you are rather young ... Your wisdom is something to behold for someone of any age!   

nextgen.fm

Leo sounds like a poor communicator

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on October 04, 2015, 07:04:31 PM
"Your viral, fake news stories are competition to my viral, fake news stories." -kr

Yeah, I can see it being that petty.

K_Dubb

Leo's separate revenue stream built an inherent conflict into the business model.  It's nobody's fault, really.

Hopefully they learn and structure Amy's deal differently.  She had her own thing going, and I cringed the first couple times she called Art's show.

I get that self-promotion is an ugly necessity in that business; there have been enough Cinderella stories to encourage it.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 05:00:15 PM
did i use the word "impartial?"  because i think that's your word, not mine.  i said i don't have a dog in the hunt, which i don't... at least not one that would prevent me speaking freely about the observations i've made.
If you had a dog.  What kind would it be?

paladin1991

Quote from: nbirnes on October 04, 2015, 05:17:18 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with a Saucy Sashay or even a Saucy Sassy. But you should note which one works, for future reference.
;D

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
But Art, the question remains... What's your favorite vegetable?

and does he like Candy Corn and if so..hows does he eat it..like MV and jus tthe ..white part ..or does he use them like fangs...like Chefist

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on October 04, 2015, 05:29:40 PM
I'm falling into that "Why would I give a shit?" mode.
That's a different thread.  Not to be confused with the I DON'T GIVE A DAMN thread, which some of the clueless have contaminated with their fucks.

trostol

Quote from: onan on October 04, 2015, 05:29:40 PM
I'm falling into that "Why would I give a shit?" mode.

got there and went past it lol

phrodo

It's obvious that Dave's cheerleaders are relishing this latest attempt to scuttle the USS Bell by PremRat. The fake Malachi Martin and SWT are once again unable to refrain from snarky comment after trollish jab.